AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 08:00   Link #21
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I feel sorry for Sai, He's been reduced to a pitiful 'me too' character on the sidelines compared to how he was when Shippuden first started.

Tried to showcase his usefulness in this chapter but failed spectacularly. it's almost like a parody to be honest at this point.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:19   Link #22
Jellal
Anime Critic

Cool, I called the summoning within last chapters thread! haha

Frankly, I'm curious what Madara is going to do once he see's another uchiha.
If he see's a resemblance to Izuna, will sasuke get a power up?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 08:44   Link #23
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
Cool, I called the summoning within last chapters thread! haha

Frankly, I'm curious what Madara is going to do once he see's another uchiha.
If he see's a resemblance to Izuna, will sasuke get a power up?
as did I jellal personally I think this whole section has been done poorly with everything the Tobi Obito thing wasn't bad the explanation for why he went evil he all but admitted it was for rin but now denies it likely cause he realized (like everyone else) it was bull to say he did it all for a chick.

Sasuke is worse. he's good but wants to kill his brother. Then he's evil cause Oro gave him the power to kill his brother. Then he kills Oro now he finally kills his brother and after who we now know is Obito explains it all he wants to kill danzo now he kills danzo and all of the sudden he wants to destroy the leaf. Now not only does he want to protect the leaf just like Oro he wants to be Hokage.
To add insult to injury this entire time it seemed as though the final battle would be Naruto vs Sasuke now everythings hunky dory. I'm with the other leaf shinobi this is total bull
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:31   Link #24
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Sai is pitiful, but at least he knows that.

Regarding the summons, Sakura slug. ROFL. Yes, throw more random shit at us Kishimoto!
Old 2013-06-05, 09:41   Link #25
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
as did I jellal personally I think this whole section has been done poorly with everything the Tobi Obito thing wasn't bad the explanation for why he went evil he all but admitted it was for rin but now denies it likely cause he realized (like everyone else) it was bull to say he did it all for a chick.

Sasuke is worse. he's good but wants to kill his brother. Then he's evil cause Oro gave him the power to kill his brother. Then he kills Oro now he finally kills his brother and after who we now know is Obito explains it all he wants to kill danzo now he kills danzo and all of the sudden he wants to destroy the leaf. Now not only does he want to protect the leaf just like Oro he wants to be Hokage.
To add insult to injury this entire time it seemed as though the final battle would be Naruto vs Sasuke now everythings hunky dory. I'm with the other leaf shinobi this is total bull
They will fight to see who will become hokage.

CALLED IT
Old 2013-06-05, 09:55   Link #26
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Wait. A chapter that highlighted side characters? Am I reading the right manga? Kudos to Kishi for at least trying to show why Naruto's class was so special.

Team 10's attack stole the show though. A Shikamaru controlled giant yo-yo while Ino links the three and transfers targets to Shikamaru. They took out 30-40 of the Juubi spawn and they admitted they could go a lot bigger.

Team 8's attack came off lame by comparison because they were individual attacks that we basically saw before. Kiba gets another dog head. Hinata can match Neji. And Shino gets another bug. Meh.

Sai's appearance was random, and basically done to setup the real Team 7, but nice to see Kishi still remembers him.

A very enjoyable chapter that showcased teamwork.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:31   Link #27
Artful Dodger

Wow, I didn't know Neji was that ahead of the game. Hinata just managed to reach 64 strikes in this chapter by pushing her self to the limit here, and Neji was doing 128 strike in 8 trigram way back in part I as a little kid, with no formal training. What a waste of really a cool character.

Anyway, the last page of the manga should've been the first page to me. I think its cool to give the other teams camera time and let them in on the action, but he had the whole war for that. Instead of having Naruto jump around helping everyone to show "teamwork"(which was really just Naruto jumping in and taking the final shot), he could have had the rookie teams have better fights and show some of the creative tactics they're showing now. Team 7 has just reunited and its time to show that off, and finally see them fight together; especially Naruto and Sasuke. Having the other teams do their thing at this point feels like an annoyance and a delay --similar to when Kabuto's back story was introduced. It was a good story, just like these are interesting teactics, but the timing isn't ideal imo.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:34   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Wow, I didn't know Neji was that ahead of the game. Hinata just managed to reach 64 strikes in this chapter by pushing her self to the limit here, and Neji was doing 128 strike in 8 trigram way back in part I as a little kid, with no formal training. What a waste of really a cool character.
Actually she did 64 in one strike, neji did up to 128 in several strikes. She did half of that in one second or w.e
Old 2013-06-05, 10:46   Link #29
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What do you mean by expecting? It’s already there in the chapter. Or did you just pretend to speculate? LOL Nice try then.
I actually posted that about an hour before I found the chapter up for reading
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:50   Link #30
neshru

What happened to the hawk
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:51   Link #31
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Actually she did 64 in one strike, neji did up to 128 in several strikes. She did half of that in one second or w.e
Except that there are multiple strike points shown on the beasts body...
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:54   Link #32
forcerounds

Neji died so that Hinata could have no one to overshadow her for the rest of the story. I hope we finally get to see the Twin Lion Fists connect in the next chapter.

Kiba has always been boring. He'd be more interesting if he bred Akamaru and trained his pups. That will probably happen eventually.

Shino is damn scary. I've always thought he was among the most powerful of his generation just on his own. The great parasite could kill just about anybody in a horrid fashion.

Ino-Shika-Cho continues to be the best ninja team. They actually practice teamwork, a concept Kakashi drilled into his students, better than Team 7 ever has and will. I thought that was always an ironic feature of this story. However, I guess when your team consists of three sannin-trained powerhouses, you don't need to come up with a careful plan to assassinate targets. They just do it.

Sakura can summon slugs, as predicted. I wonder when she was able to do so and why she never has before. It looks like Katsuyu, but without any color, it could be a different slug.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:15   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

Give Shino some unmatched speed and his foes will meet an horrible death.

Ino-Shika-Cho shows why this is the best team of the series.

Hinata seems less shy and more assertive thanks to Neji's tips.

Oh well, and Sakura got a slug. I guess Sasuke couldn't find a big hawk so he stick with some random snake.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:15   Link #34
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
What happened to the hawk
yea i think that's a little off. i would have preferred to see sasuke summon a hawk instead and actually it would have been nice to see sakura have her own animal too. not really sure what it should be, but i just dont see why it has to be the exact same set of summonings as the sannin. sometimes mirroring the past works, other times it's boring. 3 giant summons would still provide the mirror effect anyway, it just wouldn't be exact and unoriginal
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:47   Link #35
Eragon
Still Alive

^ "The cycle cannot be broken" - Cookies for anyone who identifies where this quote comes from (james cannot participate)
Old 2013-06-05, 12:02   Link #36
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

No it makes sense that they summon their former masters' pets.
Kish is saying they are the New Sanin and have surpassed their masters.

The frog boss never died.
Katsuyu is the name of the slug. Its Tsunade's slug. Hasn't died either
Sasuke's snake- another snake. Manda died a long time ago. Kabuto's Manda is a clone.

While Naruto was in Mount Myoboku, we all saw how there are many frogs. He as summoned others as well. He summoned 3 big ones at the start of the Pain fight. It's the same for Sasuke.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 12:03   Link #37
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ "The cycle cannot be broken" - Cookies for anyone who identifies where this quote comes from (james cannot participate)
Star Wars?

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 12:03   Link #38
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
Neji died so that Hinata could have no one to overshadow her for the rest of the story. I hope we finally get to see the Twin Lion Fists connect in the next chapter.

Kiba has always been boring. He'd be more interesting if he bred Akamaru and trained his pups. That will probably happen eventually.

Shino is damn scary. I've always thought he was among the most powerful of his generation just on his own. The great parasite could kill just about anybody in a horrid fashion.

Ino-Shika-Cho continues to be the best ninja team. They actually practice teamwork, a concept Kakashi drilled into his students, better than Team 7 ever has and will. I thought that was always an ironic feature of this story. However, I guess when your team consists of three sannin-trained powerhouses, you don't need to come up with a careful plan to assassinate targets. They just do it.

Sakura can summon slugs, as predicted. I wonder when she was able to do so and why she never has before. It looks like Katsuyu, but without any color, it could be a different slug.
well considering that team 7 was a twisted love triangle from the beginning teamwork is kind of hard
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 12:05   Link #39
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I cannot help but laugh at Sai being smack down in the sky
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 12:08   Link #40
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Sai is pitiful, but at least he knows that.

Regarding the summons, Sakura slug. ROFL. Yes, throw more random shit at us Kishimoto!
What was random about it? Team 7 was set up as the next generation Sannin from the time they each started training under the originals. Naruto and Sasuke have had the toad and snake summons forever, so why wouldn't Sakura have the slugs?

But I guess it's back to healer role for Sakura, huh? No new, offensive jutsu to show us? Sigh.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion