Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 22:28   Link #121
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
What is that weird box-like thing that fits on Michitaka's arm? It looks like it's his hammer that somehow transformed, but I don't quite think that's it. I would've said his blacksmithing tools, but he has a set of them in a normal-looking toolbox.

Nothing's mentioned about it afaik but since he's a Monk, it should be a gauntlet/cestus.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:54   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I haven't been keeping up to date, but how goes the table-top game? Any new developments?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:58   Link #123
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I haven't been keeping up to date, but how goes the table-top game? Any new developments?
IIRC, it's out. There is even a page, in japanese, where you can create your character.
Old 2014-05-24, 12:06   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh good thanks I'll check it out.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 00:19   Link #125
ScarNerd

Does anyone know how Shiroe came up with the name Log Horizon for a guild name? I tried looking it up but didnt find anything i could understand. lol thanks in advanced!
ScarNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 09:13   Link #126
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarNerd View Post
Does anyone know how Shiroe came up with the name Log Horizon for a guild name? I tried looking it up but didnt find anything i could understand. lol thanks in advanced!
I don't think it was ever explained. If I had to guess, though, I'd say because he's creating a record (log) of things unknown (the horizon).
Old 2014-06-14, 16:48   Link #127
Flexecute

I need detailed information about Shiroe's Thorn Bind Hostage for a mock battle vs Kirito.

1. How many thorns can Shiroe summon at 93, and how much additional damage is there per thorn?
2. It's said that an ally's attack can trigger TBH's thorn damage. Is it exclusively for allies, or can Shiroe trigger the damage himself? The answer for this isn't set in stone yet.

Other than that, I noticed Shiroe has a ton of other spells that don't have any descriptions yet in his wiki. Anyone with that knowledge along with citations, feel free to update them.

Thank you!
Flexecute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 18:18   Link #128
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexecute View Post
I need detailed information about Shiroe's Thorn Bind Hostage for a mock battle vs Kirito.

1. How many thorns can Shiroe summon at 93, and how much additional damage is there per thorn?
2. It's said that an ally's attack can trigger TBH's thorn damage. Is it exclusively for allies, or can Shiroe trigger the damage himself? The answer for this isn't set in stone yet.

Other than that, I noticed Shiroe has a ton of other spells that don't have any descriptions yet in his wiki. Anyone with that knowledge along with citations, feel free to update them.

Thank you!
Thorn Bind hostage of Shiroe is at skill level 5 or in case for skill level. Try to read vol 6.

The explosion of thorns can only be activated by an attack by an ally and not the caster itself.

And trying to make a vs battle between an enchantress against other is dumb. Specially if the built isn't made for damage dealer.

If Shiroe's built is twinkler? or sprinkler? which is pure damage dealer. Then its useless to make a vs of enchanter.

Shiroe's built is more on mana healer. He gathers mana and distributes mana of his allies evenly which makes the party that heavily uses skills, be able to use skills more.

Enchanter in mana usage department isn't really high because their skills are for support or crowd control.

Like astral hypno, astral bind or paralyzing or confusing the enemy.

If you want pvp mock battle then pick Chief Nyanta. He will kill Kirito like a noob though if Kirito uses cheat then the chief will loose >_>

Swashbuckler are more for pvp battles.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:42   Link #129
Flexecute

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Thorn Bind hostage of Shiroe is at skill level 5 or in case for skill level. Try to read vol 6.

The explosion of thorns can only be activated by an attack by an ally and not the caster itself.

And trying to make a vs battle between an enchantress against other is dumb. Specially if the built isn't made for damage dealer.

If Shiroe's built is twinkler? or sprinkler? which is pure damage dealer. Then its useless to make a vs of enchanter.

Shiroe's built is more on mana healer. He gathers mana and distributes mana of his allies evenly which makes the party that heavily uses skills, be able to use skills more.

Enchanter in mana usage department isn't really high because their skills are for support or crowd control.

Like astral hypno, astral bind or paralyzing or confusing the enemy.

If you want pvp mock battle then pick Chief Nyanta. He will kill Kirito like a noob though if Kirito uses cheat then the chief will loose >_>

Swashbuckler are more for pvp battles.
My reasoning for picking Shiroe is because he, like Kirito, is the respective lead of his anime. I also wanted to see if Shiroe could pull an upset with his current skillset, seeing as he has plenty of experience vs melee attackers (he binds one running towards him in episode 2) and Kirito has never fought a caster. That's on top of the sheer amount of CC, snares and debuffs in Shiroe's arsenal.

Also, my reasoning for not picking Nyanta is because I know for a fact he can defeat Kirito. He fought Demikas, who is very similar in health, speed (if not faster), and power to Kirito. Nyanta's debuffs will render Kirito helpless.

Kirito will also have no admin or deus ex machina powers in the mock battle I created.
Old 2014-06-14, 19:04   Link #130
tsunade666

But Shiroe doesn't have any offensive spells that can really damage someone?

So I see no reason for it.

Plus using the respective lead in anime as reason? the built is just plain different and uses too. Kirito is a pure damage dealer that can solo a mini boss to boss battle while Shiroe is support class.

I really can't see Shiroe winning that pvp battle.

The only damage spell Shiroe has is Electrical Fuzz and its more like a a light show than an actual damage.
Old 2014-06-14, 21:57   Link #131
Flexecute

Shiroe is in this fantasy battle at level 93, his current level in the novels. He also had a larger assortment of spells that need descriptions:
  • Accuracy Support
  • Astral Chaff
  • Brain Vice
  • Cast on Beat
  • Dispel Magic
  • Electric Seal
  • Flip Gate
  • Force Step
  • Gain Immunity
  • Haste
  • Infinity Force
  • Karma Drive
  • Magi Howling
  • Mana Transform
  • Mind Bolt
  • Overrunning
  • Pulse Bullet
  • Reflex Boost

If you can lead me to where I can find the description for the spells (or a place where I can translate it), it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2014-06-14, 22:06   Link #132
DQueenie13

Quote:
Shiroe is in this fantasy battle at level 93, his current level in the novels. He also had a larger assortment of spells that need descriptions:
  • Accuracy Support
  • Astral Chaff
  • Brain Vice
  • Cast on Beat
  • Dispel Magic
  • Electric Seal
  • Flip Gate
  • Force Step
  • Gain Immunity
  • Haste
  • Infinity Force
  • Karma Drive
  • Magi Howling
  • Mana Transform
  • Mind Bolt
  • Overrunning
  • Pulse Bullet
  • Reflex Boost

If you can lead me to where I can find the description for the spells (or a place where I can translate it), it would be greatly appreciated.
It's all here.

But really, as it's been said, Shiroe's entire build is focused on aiding others because that's what Shiroe liked about the class. You can't solo/fight alone with it, you essentially have to work with others. I've read all those spells' descriptions, and almost all of them are for casting on others/buffing allies. Few of them are attack spells, and the only build that can actually use those spells to cause considerable damage is extremely equipment-dependent and is not Shiroe's build anyways.
Old 2014-06-14, 22:19   Link #133
tsunade666

Quote:
It's all here.
the only build that can actually use those spells to cause considerable damage is extremely equipment-dependent and is not Shiroe's build anyways.
This build also disregard other useful skill of Enchanter. Its a pure damage dealing build that sacrifice the real use of Enchanter class. Its also consider joke build because its not really meant to be the build of enchanter. Its because of a patch skill that allow enchanter for faster cooldown of a certain skill.

Maximizing magic attack with equipment and focusing skill points on pure damage skill.
Old 2014-06-15, 04:19   Link #134
Flexecute

Quote:
It's all here.

But really, as it's been said, Shiroe's entire build is focused on aiding others because that's what Shiroe liked about the class. You can't solo/fight alone with it, you essentially have to work with others. I've read all those spells' descriptions, and almost all of them are for casting on others/buffing allies. Few of them are attack spells, and the only build that can actually use those spells to cause considerable damage is extremely equipment-dependent and is not Shiroe's build anyways.
Thanks for the info! Anyways, I had a hypotheses that Shiroe's CC and range, coupled with whatever damage spells he has, could be a surprise factor in the fantasy battle I've created in spite of his support build. It hasn't been truly confirmed if his Thorns will break only on ally damage yet. I'm tweeting @marmalade_macro right now (he's part of the Log Horizon staff and has confirmed a lot of things about the character's skills) to get a concrete answer.

If Thorns is only ally inflicted damage, it's safe to say Kirito will eventually whittle down Shiroe's health by rule of diminishing returns on CC. However, if Thorns can break on any damage the caster can inflict, or if Shiroe can summon a pet to do damage for him, this changes the game completely and even a level 90 Shiroe can pull an upset. And Kirito, having no debuffs and is known to attack with reckless abandon, will eventually be caught in the proverbial sand trap.

The ultimate conclusion of this fantasy battle lies on the answer I get from marmalade, however. As of right now, it's still up in the air.
Old 2014-06-15, 16:52   Link #135
DQueenie13

Quote:
I'm tweeting @marmalade_macro right now (he's part of the Log Horizon staff and has confirmed a lot of things about the character's skills) to get a concrete answer.
Well, yeah, that's the series' author you're talking to, of course he'd know about the character's skills XD.

Quote:
If Thorns is only ally inflicted damage, it's safe to say Kirito will eventually whittle down Shiroe's health by rule of diminishing returns on CC. However, if Thorns can break on any damage the caster can inflict, or if Shiroe can summon a pet to do damage for him, this changes the game completely and even a level 90 Shiroe can pull an upset. And Kirito, having no debuffs and is known to attack with reckless abandon, will eventually be caught in the proverbial sand trap.

The ultimate conclusion of this fantasy battle lies on the answer I get from marmalade, however. As of right now, it's still up in the air.
I have yet to hear of summonable pets that can deal damage for those who aren't Summoners or do not have a Trainer subclass. To my knowledge, Mounts cannot attack (although I may be wrong).

Also, you have to keep in mind the difference in HP. Enchanters (and the Mage classes in general) have low HP compared to other classes and a weak defense.
Old 2014-06-16, 21:06   Link #136
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Correction: Shiroe is not a Sprinkler. Shiroe's build is Mana Controller (see the contract scene with Rundelhaus Code).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 22:07   Link #137
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Correction: Shiroe is not a Sprinkler. Shiroe's build is Mana Controller (see the contract scene with Rundelhaus Code).
I know. I did say his someone who regulate mana in between his allies to prolong the battle. Mana healer or controller.

I'm just stating a what if situation.
Old 2014-10-06, 09:38   Link #138
Brald
The Lord Inquisitor

Who among girls has the highest chance to finish successfully romance with Shiroe now?
Brald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 09:51   Link #139
Tenzen12

Only girl he shows any more thant just friendly afection is Kanami... who isn't even in Yamato. Other people are threated just as guildmates, friends and coworkers (Henrietta) and enemy (Nureha). Noone is in favourite position.
Old 2014-10-06, 11:43   Link #140
DQueenie13

I don't think Shiroe even had any feelings for Kanami, either.

Tags
q&a