AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-19, 22:49   Link #49341
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You watch Pretty Cure?
Real men watched pretty cure at least once

Though I only watch the original and the second season, the later ones are too sweet and lesbian for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Well how about the latest suit? The Mark 42 against Blue Tears and Raphael Revive types?
Don't know, so can't comment much.

But from what Tempest said, still no chance, much less against two unit.
Old 2013-12-19, 23:04   Link #49342
John117xCortana

From a Strategic standpoint woudn't the Iron Man suits be more practical for military use? Yeah they aren't as powerful as the 3rd gen IS ( or at least not powerful enough yet ) but I imagine they'd be far more easier to build and they can be operated by both male and females.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 23:06   Link #49343
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
From a Strategic standpoint woudn't the Iron Man suits be more practical for military use? Yeah they aren't as powerful as the 3rd gen IS ( or at least not powerful enough yet ) but I imagine they'd be far more easier to build and they can be operated by both male and females.
Highlighted, and yes.

It's not that I.S. are hard to produce, it's the number of cores that made production bottleneck. I Imagine they share the same engineering tech, just different power source.

Looking at canon I don't think THE ironman suit is cheap though, perhaps those black ones that get mass produced? Anyway, the feat of Mk.42 isn't bad, it'll easily go on par with first generation I.S. (NOT WK, mind)
Old 2013-12-19, 23:17   Link #49344
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Real men watched pretty cure at least once
What are you smoking nowadays, SEED? Is that you?

Anyways, because of my disappointment with IS2 (not the tank), I'm torn between my current project and a new IS/Gaim xover, this time in an AU setting where the girls themselves are the Armored Riders (not to mention, Beat Riders):

Team Gaim: Houki and Rin
Team Baron: Cecilia
Team Invitto: Laura
Team Raid Wild: Kanzashi
Outsiders: Tatenashi & Charlotte
Old 2013-12-19, 23:22   Link #49345
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
What are you smoking nowadays, SEED? Is that you?
Ask Meister, he knew what I meant

More seriously, early pretty cure (especially the FIRST) is basically kamen rider plot disguised as magical girl show, they're also dark enough considering the show aimed at 7 year old girls.

The newer one though... catering too much to yuri fan and focusing on selling merchandise.
Old 2013-12-19, 23:29   Link #49346
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Shooo, John, back to your Muv-Luv idea, which again, much suited for Iron Man more than this.

Hey, Zero-2, have you seen the tranformation sequence on Energy Riders? Sweet, I must say.

Back to topic: What if I make Maya as Tabane's Lab Rat? What do you bet on that Maya would be transformed into?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 23:31   Link #49347
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@SEED: I've actually seen some of the episodes of the 1st Pretty Cure, so I understand your point.

I also agree with you about the latest seasons becoming merchandise-driven.

@Fireminer: Where did you saw it? I only read the latest news about them (a female Rider is confirmed). Aside from that, I can't wait for January.
Old 2013-12-19, 23:35   Link #49348
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The Black suits (War Machine types) are like the Uchigane.

Chifuyu without her IS suit is like Batman - her physical capability is easily on par with his, if not a bit more. In a stand-up fight, I'd give it to either side initially. Her in an IS would take the 1st and 2nd tier super heroes to put down. Anyone lower than Iron Man would get munched by her. And since Tabane is essentially Lex Luthor/Braniac (depowered a bit)...

If Tony could get his hands on Tabane's Cores, he'd have a field day x 365 because he's one of the few guys who could figure it out. If Tabane = Lex Luthor, then Tony = that one girl that repaired/worked on Byakkushiki. I'm not sure who's the smarter one between them.

Original Pretty Cure's fights are some of the best - like better than Dragonball Z better for the sheer fact that it's more believable and much less speedlines and whatnot. That and the girls got hammered a few times as well.
Old 2013-12-19, 23:42   Link #49349
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Alright I've got the basic

Super cliche Infinite Stratos AU ever

The main characters are five (later seven) girls choose as idol singer, they're actually magical girls! Ichika is a secret weapon developed by Government to compensate for army's inability to countain monster outbreak fully! And of course, there's also enemy faction that use magical girls for their own purpose!

Who want to write this shit with me?
Old 2013-12-19, 23:44   Link #49350
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

A Japanese Website that I stumbled on accident. Also, they have made the website for the newest Super Hero Taisen, do you know?

Maya=Cow => Maya+Hormones=Bull?
Old 2013-12-19, 23:51   Link #49351
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Alright I've got the basic

Super cliche Infinite Stratos AU ever

The main characters are five (later seven) girls choose as idol singer, they're actually magical girls! Ichika is a secret weapon developed by Government to compensate for army's inability to countain monster outbreak fully! And of course, there's also enemy faction that use magical girls for their own purpose!

Who want to write this shit with me?
That better be only 3 chapters...

*boots Zero* whhheeeeerrreeee izzzz mmmaaaaiii neeexxxtt chhhaaappptterrrrr~
Old 2013-12-20, 01:20   Link #49352
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
That better be only 3 chapters...

*boots Zero* whhheeeeerrreeee izzzz mmmaaaaiii neeexxxtt chhhaaappptterrrrr~
Eh, probably one shot at best, it's for celebrating the magnificent masterpiece of an ending that is season 2
Old 2013-12-20, 01:50   Link #49353
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
"Why did you come back, Houki? I thought you left the team?"

"I just want to help."

"We can handle it by ourselves! We don't need your help!"

"I-Ichika! Wait!"

"We don't need you! Team Gaim can stand on it's own without you. Just go away and be an adult that you want to be!

"But..."

Ichika hastily ran away from Houki.
OOC? Tsundere Ichika?

I'm taking my current project to the backburner for a while. I feel like my new idea is somewhat more fun.
Old 2013-12-20, 03:49   Link #49354
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chifuyu: Ugh, that was horrible. I haven't been this useless of a character since Ichika.

Ichika: Hey! I was doing pretty well.

Chifuyu: Baka, the audience didn't want to see you get shot in the back while looking like a dumbass.

Ichika: I thought you had died in that explosion!

Chifuyu: Like I'd be done in by that little firecracker!

Ichika: Oh well excuse~ me for worrying about my sister!

Chifuyu: That's not it. Here I am, touted as the strongest IS user but what did I do exactly? Nothing! That's precisely why I am upset! They didn't even show what Tabane did against the little shrimp and they hint at me being all 'badass' but I didn't do a damn thing. *grumbles*

Ichika: ... Chifuyu-nee... are you... pouting?

Chifuyu: *blush* Wh-why would I be pouting idiot!?
Old 2013-12-20, 06:10   Link #49355
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Chifuyu: Ugh, that was horrible. I haven't been this useless of a character since Ichika.

Ichika: Hey! I was doing pretty well.

Chifuyu: Baka, the audience didn't want to see you get shot in the back while looking like a dumbass.

Ichika: I thought you had died in that explosion!

Chifuyu: Like I'd be done in by that little firecracker!

Ichika: Oh well excuse~ me for worrying about my sister!

Chifuyu: That's not it. Here I am, touted as the strongest IS user but what did I do exactly? Nothing! That's precisely why I am upset! They didn't even show what Tabane did against the little shrimp and they hint at me being all 'badass' but I didn't do a damn thing. *grumbles*

Ichika: ... Chifuyu-nee... are you... pouting?

Chifuyu: *blush* Wh-why would I be pouting idiot!?
My thoughts exactly.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 06:34   Link #49356
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
It’s lunch time again, and Lingyin walked out of the class gloomily.

Obligatory comment of course is thrown by him “…that’s an embarrassing slip back there”

“Shove it; I’m never one for math” she punched him weakly on the back.

Raised his eyebrow he wonder what made her so stressed “No really what’s the problem?”

Even though they’re not as close as should be, she’s still his friend, regardless how long they’ve know each other. Something is haunting Lingyin’s mind, and he want to know, and if he can, share that burden.

“Something just nagging me in the head, don’t meddle idiot”

But of course, there’s something that only a certain person can do.

“If you say so…”

“… But thanks for asking anyway”

He smiled, “I’ll listen if you want to whine, and I know everyone would”

“Cecilia didn’t, never in a century”

Ah yes, Cecilia. As far as Ichika remember, she’s the only one who never listen to Lingyin’s complain.

“Special kind of friend does exist, it’s all about balance” he chuckled merrily, caused her to rock her sides like no tomorrow. Well, at the very least he could distract her enough until she calmed down and can think properly.

What made him feel bothered is Ms. Ackerman’s words…

“For those that own Personal I.S., be careful and expect the unexpected”

Some kind of warning? Or perhaps hinting a school organized event? He didn’t know for sure, but he knew who to ask.

“Orimura-sensei”

“… what is it, aren’t you going for a lunch?”

“No, I felt like asking some question”

Ever since his interrogation, he had changed a lot. He’s become a little more proactive, if annoying. If there are question, he’ll keep asking until he got an answer or slap on the back of his head. Ackerman had told her that too, the overworking virus started to manifest in him.
And that’s why Chifuyu ‘reminded’ Icchan the mandatory group activity outside school. His solitary training regime is infamous amongst the first year too.

“Spill it”

“Ms. Ackerman said the personal I.S. operator had to be careful… implying something like that, I feel I had to worry more than I should”

Chifuyu smirked as she rear her head, “Come with me then”

~333~

He actually not surprised that I.S.A. had underground facility as well, what made her surprised however, is how extensive it is compared to the simple underground training camp back in Japan. It’s like he just stepped into villain’s secret lair or some such, ominously red lightning didn’t help in the slightest.

He almost tipped himself over a giant cable half the size of his forearm, and had to focus with his ‘enhanced’ natural vision.

“This is…”

“Even I.S.A. has their own independent research facility” Chifuyu told him “Though, we didn’t do such activity a lot due to budget constraint, the last time we did it is overhauling the OS of Raphael Revive”

Since it has to be adjusted for the need of hundreds of student with different talent and capabilities, a training I.S. has to strike a peak balance between performance and ease of control. He knew that I.S.A. have even more advanced OS than French or Japanese did, allowing the student to adjust the operating parameter easily with viable preset.

(Though, some student still not satisfied with the concept and choose manual setting anyway, at the cost of spending few hour just for adjustment)

The sounds of computer humming and digital keyboard clicking caught his attention. A young man, probably about Chifuyu’s age, paid little to no attention to their arrival and busily tinkering with the frame in front of him.

“Isn’t that…?!”

“Your original frame is being rebuilt, but Japanese government has zero idea what to do with it”

“Didn’t they say only Tabane-san can accomplish it?”

“Well, this guy is different”

“HOOYA, Chi-chi and Ikki, how do you do?” the man cheerily greet them, with a catlike smile and expression that creepily remind Ikkun of someone he knows…

The man was tall and lanky, his clothes… he's wearing a butler uniform, Ikkun noted. His face is pale and unhealthy-looking, with dark lines drawn under his perpetually squinted eyes. His reddish-brown hair split to a bang roughly shoulder length. And on top of everything is a pair of mechanical cat ears.

Okay this started to sound freaky…

Chifuyu sighed, as if she’s not surprised or anything “Even if you have full access you need to inform me first”

“Oh, I did inform you, I think” he chuckled, bouncing around so lightly that Ichika swear he’s an Olympic athlete or something.

“BEFORE you came to I.S.A, moron” she chided.

“Disregard that, disregard that” he waved his hand, okay that’s it, Ikkun gulped. He probably can guess who this person is bassed on his mannerism alone.

“I guess this is the first time we met, Ikkun” the man suddenly open his eyes, an unsettling atmosphere unleashed just by a simple expression “I’ve designed Raijin, just in case you didn’t know”

“Wha… Raijin is designed by a man?”

“I suppose it’s really uncommon huh, what with how this world works and all” the man laughed and slap Ichika’s back so hard he was thrown three step forward and stumbled on a bundle of parts.

“The hell is your problem?!” the boy complained and dusted off his uniform, more importantly, he’s surprised by that man’s strength.

“The name is Takumi” the man cockily pointed himself with his thumb “Shinonono Takumi”
there, the bomb is dropped, because fuck 8-bit
Old 2013-12-20, 07:23   Link #49357
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

The series just finished. Looks like this thread won't be that much active for a while.
Old 2013-12-20, 07:38   Link #49358
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

How the heck did you read my mind, SEED? I'm planning to have Tabane using the cat ears for Infinitus Stratus.

By the way, no, it will be even more crowded with MeisterBabylon return.
Old 2013-12-20, 07:40   Link #49359
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
How the heck did you read my mind, SEED? I'm planning to have Tabane using the cat ears for Infinitus Stratus.
Not really, I did post male Tabane picture back then, and you just said "Weird"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
The series just finished. Looks like this thread won't be that much active for a while.
It'll fire up like no tomorrow

mostly because writers are upset
Old 2013-12-20, 08:02   Link #49360
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Let's see whether could I made Magic as Computer Program, being the Latin uses of Language.

By the way, would these suited as IS replacement?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._God_Cloth.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lothdesign.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/saintseiya/i..._God_Cloth.jpg

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest