AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-10, 10:45   Link #3021
BakaOnna

This has been bothering me for a while, since I remember this happening in Ep2, but it was never shown in the anime and people said it happened in Ep3. The scene where Battler and whichever parent (but I clearly remember it being Rosa) in the mansion looking for the next set of twilight bodies and they discover the door with the numbers written on them. The ones that later on in Ep4 reveal that they were account numbers to the money and has Battler's birthday on it.

If it didn't happen in Ep2, then where does it happen in Ep3? It has to have happened before Ep4.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:48   Link #3022
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
This has been bothering me for a while, since I remember this happening in Ep2, but it was never shown in the anime and people said it happened in Ep3. The scene where Battler and whichever parent (but I clearly remember it being Rosa) in the mansion looking for the next set of twilight bodies and they discover the door with the numbers written on them. The ones that later on in Ep4 reveal that they were account numbers to the money and has Battler's birthday on it.

If it didn't happen in Ep2, then where does it happen in Ep3? It has to have happened before Ep4.
Then your memory's seriously busted, dude. They'll be discovering it when George and Shannon get killed(In Shannon's case, re-killed?).
Old 2009-10-10, 10:49   Link #3023
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post

Pretty sure it happens in EP3 when Eva and the cousins enter the mansion and are about to find the corpses.
Old 2009-10-10, 11:07   Link #3024
BakaOnna

Ah, I see. Probably got confused because I was rereading Ep2 and 3 around the same time and overlapping them when I was rereading them.
Old 2009-10-10, 12:22   Link #3025
June 1983

Okay, I just finished replaying EP 3 so here is a possible breakdown I've worked out for the last two episodes of this arc -- based on the idea that III-V will end with Hideyoshi's death. These are probably in the ballpark of 20 minutes, give or take a little.

Promotion

The Guest House Gang realizes the trip to the mansion has been going on for too long (1 min)
Eva, Battler, George, and Nanjo find the bodies of the three in the hall (1-2 mins)
Meta-World (might be interspliced with the above scene): The game is suspended (1 min, though it could be longer because this arc has been so meta-heavy)
Guest House: George meets Beato in the hallway and she offers to revive Shannon (1 min)
George ~flies~ (30 seconds)
Evatrice and the Siestas (1 min)
Eva goes to the bathroom, Natsuhi and Krauss are killed and stolen from the Guest House (2 mins) This scene could be longer if they preserve Eva's internal conversation with Evatrice.
Shannon is revived (2 mins) This is such a beautiful scene so I hope they do a good job with it.
George and Shannon are killed, Virgilia helps Beato escape (1-2 mins) <-- I think the commercial break will come somewhere in this scene)

Guest House: Disappearances of George, Krauss, and Natsuhi discovered (1-2 mins) This could be on the longer side if they spend a certain amount of time on Battler's deductions on the window George left through, which I think they will.
Krauss and Natsuhi's bodies discovered in the arbor (2 mins)
They enter the mansion and find the numbers on the door (1-2 mins)
George and Shannon are found in the parlor (2 mins)
Jessica and Eva fight, Eva fires the shot and hurts Jessica's eyes (2 mins)
End on a cliff hanger!

Swindles

Jessica's wounds are treated by Nanjo (1 min)
Nanjo is killed (30 secs)
Beato raises Kanon's spirit and he leads Jessica to safety (2 mins)
Evatrice and the Siestas kill Beato's body (1 min 30 secs)
Evatrice is pulled into the meta-world and faces off against Battler (2 mins)
Beatrice searches Kyrie's corpse (1 min)
Battler's cigarette theory (1 min)
Real world: Battler and Eva discover Nanjo's corpse (30 secs)
Evatrice's web of red (3 mins)
Beato's counterattack (1 min)
Eva kills Battler (30 secs or less)
I sure hope Eva looks as creepy in this scene as she does in the VN. The first time I played this, I screamed a little!

Transition to the Golden Land (this always makes me think of the Neverending Story! (30 secs)
The Golden Land/Troll/Ange's appearance (2-3 mins)

Tea Party with Beato, Bern, and Lambda (1 min 30 secs) - I think they will focus mainly on the question of who is Ange, and after Bern leaves, of course, Lambda threatening Beato

The World of 1998
Ange visits Eva in the hospital (1 min)
Ange meets Bernkastel on the rooftop (1 min)
Old 2009-10-10, 12:26   Link #3026
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Tea Party with Beato, Bern, and Lambda (1 min 30 secs) - I think they will focus mainly on the question of who is Ange, and after Bern leaves, of course, Lambda threatening Beato
No Lord Santa Claus talk DDD:??? *shot*

I really need to except that that won't be in the anime
Old 2009-10-10, 12:45   Link #3027
June 1983

I think we'll be lucky if we get to see Lambda delightedly informing us that Evatrice was actually EVA OMG!!!!
Old 2009-10-10, 14:05   Link #3028
Marion
The Great Dine

Maybe Promotions can end with the sound of the gun going off and then keep on a cliffhanger whether Jessica died or not?

Also remember for Ange meeting Eva it's not just 1-2-3. Eva needs to give Ange the title of 'Beatrice' and say how miserable she's going to be. Viewers need to see just how far Eva's sanity has cracked since 1986.
Old 2009-10-10, 14:16   Link #3029
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Maybe Promotions can end with the sound of the gun going off and then keep on a cliffhanger whether Jessica died or not?

Also remember for Ange meeting Eva it's not just 1-2-3. Eva needs to give Ange the title of 'Beatrice' and say how miserable she's going to be. Viewers need to see just how far Eva's sanity has cracked since 1986.
No, they don't "Need" to see that. Tell me, what impact does "Eva should have at least 6 types of cancer with all the stress she's had since 1986" have on the plot? Just like the exhilarating feeling we got when she finally solved the epitaph, that doesn't need to be said in the anime.

At -most-, she'll say she's had a crappy life.
Old 2009-10-10, 14:19   Link #3030
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
No, they don't "Need" to see that. Tell me, what impact does "Eva should have at least 6 types of cancer with all the stress she's had since 1986" have on the plot? Just like the exhilarating feeling we got when she finally solved the epitaph, that doesn't need to be said in the anime.

At -most-, she'll say she's had a crappy life.
It's not about that. It's about just showing how cruel she's been to Ange through the way she talks. In the game she wasn't somber in her talks or thinking of her past. She was literally laughing in Ange's face about her becoming miserable due to the fortune she would inherit and telling her to 'give up and die'.

Spoiler for Higurashi spoilers:
Old 2009-10-10, 14:25   Link #3031
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
It's not about that. It's about just showing how cruel she's been to Ange through the way she talks. In the game she wasn't somber in her talks or thinking of her past. She was literally laughing in Ange's face about her becoming miserable due to the fortune she would inherit and telling her to 'give up and die'.

Spoiler for Higurashi spoilers:

Spoiler for Higurashi:
Old 2009-10-10, 14:36   Link #3032
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Spoiler for Higurashi:
In the anime there was :P Watch the last episode again and at the ending it happens.

Edit: My bad, I meant at the end of the answer arc XD; But my point still stands - Mion in the frame at the last episode of Watanagashi-hen was bloody and in her robes. I doubt she would really be there.
Old 2009-10-11, 05:11   Link #3033
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Does anyone remember the exact scene in Ep4 that Battler is given the use of blue text?
Old 2009-10-11, 05:26   Link #3034
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The meta world scene right after the parents speculation that Kinzo actually is dead.
Old 2009-10-11, 05:46   Link #3035
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Thanks. I was trying to remember when he started using blue since Kinzo's death prior to the games was his first true blue text victory.
Old 2009-10-11, 22:27   Link #3036
sintaki

im confused ep 5 confused me -__-
Old 2009-10-11, 22:33   Link #3037
MarthX

No EP5 discussion here.
Old 2009-10-11, 22:36   Link #3038
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Do you mean episode 5 of the game or episode 5 of the anime?

Also... I don't think it's against the rules to talk about Episode 5 of the game in this topic is it? It's marked for spoilers and experienced VN readers. Also it hasn't stopped people in the past, and none got in trouble for it.

Old 2009-10-11, 22:54   Link #3039
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Do you mean episode 5 of the game or episode 5 of the anime?

Also... I don't think it's against the rules to talk about Episode 5 of the game in this topic is it? It's marked for spoilers and experienced VN readers. Also it hasn't stopped people in the past, and none got in trouble for it.
Well as long as it's marked for spoilers. Only place where EP 5 spoilers don't need to be marked is in the EP 5 thread, for obvious reasons.
Old 2009-10-11, 23:40   Link #3040
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Judging by sintaki's only other post on the Umineko sub-forums, it looks like he meant episode 5 of the anime, which means he was in the completely wrong section anyways.