AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 18:14   Link #3661
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post

I see that policy on not expanding changing soon for pragmatic reasons. As for Oakland, their stadium issues are a in a lot better shape than what appears to be the case on the surface, and their likely future home in San Francisco at Hunter's Point will be a better fit than what most people think. And as I've said before, The Chargers are moving to LA too, though like The Vikings they won't be keeping their records or name when they move.
You really think they're moving to LA too? And where did you hear the Hunter's Point news? Every thing I heard says they'll be going to Santa Clara with the Niners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
There's some parking nearby, but the expectation is that people are going to be taking public transit there (There's a light rail stop close by that will OSR access to Santa Monica, Long Beach, East LA and Pasadena within a few years, and TSR access to a bunch more far flung places). I remember one part of the report for stadium talks about plans for upgrading the station to handle all of the traffic it's going to be handling. (In the long run, The Pico station will obviously have to be upgraded to a subway station with Spanish solution platforms, but in the short term simply switching to a split platform format and adding some pocket tracks for layovers near the station should do the trick.)
Que es OSR y TSR.?

You seem very up on the SoCal transit scene for a NorCaler. I do know that L.A. is making nice improvements to their transit scene. While getting to the place from the South Bay and San Gabriel Valley is easy (although long), They will have to get those lines up and running on the Westside quickly and the San Fernando Valley will pose problems.

Not to mention people coming from OC/Inland Empire/Ventura. I guess they'll all have to hop on the regional rail.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:52   Link #3662
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
You really think they're moving to LA too? And where did you hear the Hunter's Point news? Every thing I heard says they'll be going to Santa Clara with the Niners.
Half the candidates for mayor (including the one that won, Ed Lee) have said that they would welcome The Raiders if they chose The Hunters Point site. Now while I do think that negotiations will continue between The Niners and The Raiders over allowing them to use the Santa Clara, I simply don't foresee them staying there for that long, due to the sheer amount of ego between the two franchises. To be honest, I do not think that The Raiders have intended or will intend at any point in the near future to negotiate with any amount of good faith. I think they're just trying to buy enough time for the stadium at Hunters Point to move forward.

Quote:
Que es OSR y TSR.?

You seem very up on the SoCal transit scene for a NorCaler. I do know that L.A. is making nice improvements to their transit scene. While getting to the place from the South Bay and San Gabriel Valley is easy (although long), They will have to get those lines up and running on the Westside quickly and the San Fernando Valley will pose problems.

Not to mention people coming from OC/Inland Empire/Ventura. I guess they'll all have to hop on the regional rail.
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool PTfag, so you can expect me to have this kind of knowledge. The first to the westside (The Expo Line) will open early next year and should get to Santa Monica ahead of the stadium opening. And I also predict that you'll just be seeing Metrolink running extra trains to and from Union Station on game days to handle crowds. I also imagine that The Red/Purple Line and Metro Center are going to be PACKED with people for the first few years after the stadium opens. And besides, I wish we (in NorCal) had the ball rolling on this number of extensions.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:31   Link #3663
solomon

Between the Chargers and Viks huh?

Well if the Chargers move, than the Diegans can just follow them as it's not too much of a stretch for them to follow another SoCal team (I assume they do so for basketball/hockey/college football (no I don't count SDSU).

I don't think the North Star peeps will follow teh new LA team tho.

Yea I am a transit policy and development nerd myself. Interesting to see what they're doing in LA and the west in general. They'll have to do something about the Valley, though that's gonna be a madhouse.
Old 2011-12-11, 00:06   Link #3664
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Robert Griffin III won the Heisman over Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson. Good for him.

This'll be good for Baylor PR for sure.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:33   Link #3665
solomon

Good until the next realignment apocalypse hits and Baylor being a smallish, private, demoniational school in the middle of the Brazos (not near major market) casts it out into oblivion.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:36   Link #3666
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Robert Griffin III won the Heisman over Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson. Good for him.

Had Luck gotten Heisman... his NFL career would suck.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:15   Link #3667
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

I'm amazed since most news I see about Baylor is about the female basketball team
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 12:14   Link #3668
Kyuu
=^^=

Ugh, this is what I'm up against. I'm sweatin' bullets. Nervous in piss and tears.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscor...&version=quick

All I gotta say. Need to win this one to make playoffs.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-11, 13:46   Link #3669
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Refs in Titans vs. Saints

"Why can't I hold all these flags!?"

this first half is somehow even worse than Cowboys vs. Dolphins

*blinks* Saints got robbed of that TD...wow

first "wow" was mine

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-12-11 at 15:14.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:10   Link #3670
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Yates > Tebow
Old 2011-12-11, 16:18   Link #3671
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

oh man, that was a great finish to a terribly officiated/controversial game

gg Saintsbros
Old 2011-12-11, 16:48   Link #3672
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Yates > Tebow
UNC! UNC! UNC!

Speaking of North Carolina, the Panthers once again fail to play a complete game. They played perfectly the first half then Cam remembered that he was a rookie and threw two horrid interceptions in the 2nd half. And the playcalling went to shit too. Oh well, sometimes I have to remember that this team has an average age of 25 and that there are 6 starters on IR.

Next year can't come fast enough. Maybe then. . .
Old 2011-12-11, 17:53   Link #3673
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

the Bears vs. Broncos game might be the worst game of the year.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:57   Link #3674
GDB

If you like offense, sure.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:05   Link #3675
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Christian Ponder got benched today? Why? You don't do that to your rookie QB, especially one who has been playing decently (for a rookie). You have to let him take his bumps.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:09   Link #3676
GDB

Four turnovers, apparently. Guess they figured he just needed to calm down or something, and then Webb ended up doing really well.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:13   Link #3677
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
the Bears vs. Broncos game might be the worst game of the year.
Until the Barber TD... it's been the Punt Bowl...
Old 2011-12-11, 18:38   Link #3678
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Four turnovers, apparently. Guess they figured he just needed to calm down or something, and then Webb ended up doing really well.
I know about the turnovers. I'm saying that when you make that commitment to make him the future of the team and throw him to the wolves, you do that under the knowledge that he is going to make a good amount of mistakes. Frazier risks killing Ponder's confidence a bit.

I should know, Cam Newton has had 3 or more turnovers in multiple games, but I'm glad he hasn't been pulled because he has played well otherwise. Ponder has been the same way. Peyton Manning had over 30 turnovers his rookie year.

Plus they're 2-9. I know that the Vikings want to win but this is a throwaway season.

Edit: Aw I see, Ponder had a hip pointer and was playing injured. Frazier didn't want to make it worst.

Nevermind then.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:45   Link #3679
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The AFC West is so bad that despite a 5 game losing streak, the Chargers are back in the divisional title hunt after 2 wins.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:52   Link #3680
GDB

Quote:
Edit: Aw I see, Ponder had a hip pointer and was playing injured. Frazier didn't want to make it worst.

Nevermind then.
Yeah, he was questionable for the game until this morning, and there was a strong possibility that Webb was going to play during the week.

Tags
american football, sports