AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 14:52   Link #1
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
Miraculous Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

Announcement: (via AnimeWorld Insider, AnimeNation)

Quote:
The magical girl phenomena is still casting its spells on audiences worldwide. French animation company Zagtoon has partnered with Japan’s Toei Animation to bring Miraculous, a new French magical girl series, to French and Belgium television.

Miraculous, which was previously titled Lady Bug, follows a girl named Marinette and her black cat. The Paris-based action-comedy series follows justice-seeking Marinette, who happens to have super powers. The animation style will be reminiscent of other Toei productions such as Mamotte Shugogetten, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Sailor Moon.

Miraculous will be co-produced by Aton Soumache’s Method Animation, well-known for The Little Prince.

Miraculous has already been pre-purchsed by French television network TF1. ”Paris will finally have its superheroes,” said Jeremy Zag, creator of Zagtoon.

According to the Zagtoon official website, Zagtoon has numerous partnerships internationally including Korea, Belgium and the United States. International audiences could expect an English translation and international release of Miraculous in the future.
Quote:
Paris-based children’s animation studio Zagtoon, in association with French animation studio Method Animation, have contracted Japan’s Toei Animation to co-produce an original French action/comedy superhero animated television series tentatively titled “Miraculous,” originally conceived as a 3D CG movie titled “Ladybug.” The 26 episode series has an $11.2 million budget and is in production now.

Synopsis: (via Zagtoon)
Quote:
Marinette Cheng, a shy high-school student, has inherited some magical ladybug-shaped earrings. The ornaments grant the power of Luck to whoever wears them. Yet there is one condition : they have to be worn in an altruistic manner, or else, beware of the consequences !

l Whenever the situation needs it, Marinette turns into LADYBUG, the guardian angel.

Ladybug saves the World every night thanks to the power of Luck alongside her clingy ally, the Black Cat who has the opposite power. He needs a kiss from Ladybug to free him from his unlucky ring. Ladybug is the first character originated from the Quantic universe.
Full-on budget and Marinette's character design. You can consider me pretty excited.

Last edited by sonicspin; 2012-06-19 at 18:48.
sonicspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 15:51   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I was a fan of Marathon-type shows and Code Lyoko, so I will look forward to this new animeish french cartoon (really liked the artwork) !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:54   Link #3
VampirePaladin

New western magical girl series? Count me interested.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:34   Link #4
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
sonicspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:30   Link #5
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Wow at that trailer. It's like the creators picked out all the strengths of French pop-culture and Japanese animation and threw them into one show.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:45   Link #6
Kakkou
Tch.

Aside from two brief cuts which look to have escaped QC and the horrendous CG pigeons, that looks stylish and slick. It's worth checking out.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:48   Link #7
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

another frantic style animation like gurren lagann... we need more of those... must watch
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:54   Link #8
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Don't have to finished the PV.. I"ll watch it!!!!!...

interesting design!!!!
interesting romance!!!!
interesting special effects!!!!

...Damn!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 20:56   Link #9
LKK

There was something absurdly cute about that preview. Color me interested.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 21:29   Link #10
Utsuro no Hako

I dunno, every time the cat-guy was on screen I expected the Tick and Arthur to show up.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 03:25   Link #11
VampirePaladin

I hope either there is a legal stream or someone picks this up to fansub, because I have to see this.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:30   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

This has everything I wanted : Cute female lead, handsome male lead, dem CG effects and romance ! It even have a stylish animation and a magical spy story to accompany for ! Will surely watch it next year !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:13   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh god, a french - japanese collab. I always thought that japanese x foreign collaborations works out better than japanese-only trying to mimic the western feel. As much as I loved Supernatural the live action series, I thought that its anime equivalent fell short, and I felt the same about the Madhouse's Marvel series.

With the collaboration method, both sides are able to come to an understanding of each other's expectations and how to cater to the intended market, while staying true to their respective cultures.

PS: This is why I fondly remember series such as Ulysses 31 and The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:02   Link #14
Nerroth
NePoi!

At 2:14, the cat is quite literally among the pigeons...

I wonder what background Marinette will have? If they will even delve into it, I suppose.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:46   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I really liked Time Jam(despite some minor over-arching plot grievances =0\), and this looks just as interesting. Particularly how in 'normal mode', she is fawning over the blonde guy and transformed, it's the opposite. Actually quite reminds me A LOT of this. Not saying it will be like St Tail, but based on that preview, I easily recalled it. Must be the whole 'little girl running on rooftops at night' part (>.>)...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:23   Link #16
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Wow,after that PV color me interested,only thing I didn't like was the song but I'm sold on the rest!

Any word on if this is coming to Japan or France first?Or if they'll be broadcast at the same time?Also,has the title been changed to Ladybug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
PS: This is why I fondly remember series such as Ulysses 31 and The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
Yeah,if this can come anywhere close to those I'd be very very happy.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:09   Link #17
bastek66

Song from trailer is great earworm.

Edit.: Video is private... FUUuu

Last edited by bastek66; 2012-09-06 at 09:16.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 02:27   Link #18
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

man song in trailer is VERY addicting could someone tell me the name of the song and artist?
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 07:27   Link #19
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I wonder what background Marinette will have? If they will even delve into it, I suppose.
"Cheng" suggests she likely have immigrant parents. So, le 13e arrondissement with its Chinatown, Opera, Belleville or Montgallet ("On ne rembourse pas!!" :P).

PS: Every geeks in Paris had its little misadventure in Montgallet, and as a second generation khmer, this song amused me more than anything else.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:21   Link #20
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Edit.: Video is private... FUUuu
The video is available for public viewing again!

(I guess that, since the cat was well and truly out of the bag at this point, they figured there was no point in hiding it; though I do hope they consider HDing it at some point.)