AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-24, 10:07   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
He also has a theory that, that critic or not, there has yet to be a human being that has sat down and watched the entirety of the "Ring Cycle" (Der Ring des Nibelungen) all at once.
Define all at once. If he means non-stop with no break, that's insanity. If he means while doing the minimum of what a human being needs, then I actually did that once (although I did watch recording rather than the actual performance for that).
Old 2012-09-24, 10:54   Link #62
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Define all at once. If he means non-stop with no break, that's insanity. If he means while doing the minimum of what a human being needs, then I actually did that once (although I did watch recording rather than the actual performance for that).
Er, the second, actually.. And all I can say is, wow.. I am actually SUPER impressed and more than a little in awe .. Did my heart just skip a beat?

For those that don't know .. here's a -snip- from Wikipedia on the "Ring Cycle" -- "The four operas of Richard Wagner's cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen together take about 15 hours, which makes for several records, tapes, or CDs, and a lot of studio time." (FYI, I believe the sets are 7-8 DVDS or ~15 CDs)

Keep in mind, even the "Das Boat" uncut version is less than 5 hours long ..
Old 2012-09-24, 11:06   Link #63
Sumeragi
Banned

It was actually easier than doing a Gosick marathon while maintaining a 12 hour work day.
Old 2012-09-24, 13:01   Link #64
Ridwan

Reminds me of when I marathoned half of "Legend of Galactic Heroes"'s TV series straight in one go....
Old 2012-09-24, 15:22   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
I like this Loki hes funny. Although it seems like Thor is a wimp...
An interesting contrast between western and eastern depiction... Even in the last Norse Mythology Anime/Manga series (YEARS ago) Loki was the badass while Thor was quite an Idiot
Old 2012-09-24, 15:28   Link #66
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Quite like how their angels are most of the time antagonistic and the demons being the good guys ... seems like they really do enjoy swamping the original roles
Old 2012-09-24, 20:18   Link #67
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Angels are genderless dammit! And yeah Loki is a badass. He'll stay a clown forever. Hes the a trickster for a reason. Nothings really good or bad. Its all your perception. Hell somewhere in this world people probably see angels as evil. Thor wasn't a idiot hes just a battle-freak. Brawn over brains loool.
Old 2012-09-24, 21:24   Link #68
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Finally read a bit of it in between breaks, and I have to firmly agree with the "メタ発言の多いラブコメ。" comment I saw before about this. I also like the take on the old Norse concepts; makes me think of Horizon (only with Norse foundations) and Shirogane no Soleil mixed in for some odd reason.

Also, this series is a tsukkomi gold mine or something.
Old 2012-09-25, 05:47   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Angels are genderless dammit! And yeah Loki is a badass. He'll stay a clown forever. Hes the a trickster for a reason. Nothings really good or bad. Its all your perception. Hell somewhere in this world people probably see angels as evil. Thor wasn't a idiot hes just a battle-freak. Brawn over brains loool.
The point is, western adaption/parodies of mythology seem to be decidedly straight forward most of the time- Good is portray as Heroic Good, Bad is portray as Cartoonish Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Also, this series is a tsukkomi gold mine or something.
Not just in this series, All of Kamachi's works have level upped their tsukkomi prowess

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-25 at 05:58.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:34   Link #70
havensgate
skull one

strange..i cant find this title in baka-tsuki light novel or their teaser project, although when i used google to cross search "baka-tsuki" and "waltraute" i found the link.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:52   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah it takes awhile for them to update the pages.
Old 2012-09-25, 09:28   Link #72
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
strange..i cant find this title in baka-tsuki light novel or their teaser project, although when i used google to cross search "baka-tsuki" and "waltraute" i found the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah it takes awhile for them to update the pages.
Did you guys search under the 'T' category of the teaser category...? Js06 had been kind enough to leave it there. As for main menu, problem is that the guys who can edit the sidebar only come around on the weekend or something...
Old 2012-09-25, 09:50   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Did you guys search under the 'T' category of the teaser category...? Js06 had been kind enough to leave it there. As for main menu, problem is that the guys who can edit the sidebar only come around on the weekend or something...
was it recent? cause I didn't see it yesterday... no matter, as long as its there now.
Old 2012-09-25, 13:22   Link #74
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
was it recent? cause I didn't see it yesterday... no matter, as long as its there now.
Just bookmark it problem solved .
Old 2012-09-25, 14:45   Link #75
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Amazing, I didn't think js06 would get to this so soon. I'm really losing my touch if I just noticed this.

Anyways, looks pretty interesting so far.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-09-25, 15:38   Link #76
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Amazing, I didn't think js06 would get to this so soon. I'm really losing my touch if I just noticed this.

Anyways, looks pretty interesting so far.
Actually hes working on three series at the same time xD.
Old 2012-09-25, 20:38   Link #77
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, I actually went and read the currently translated chapters on BT .. and oh my, this story is kind of adorable, although the "frenetic emotions" of Waltraute could potentially get tiresome in the future.. I also browsed the novel illustrations.. oh my.. I'm straight and definite not a shota-con, but .. Jack is definitely adorable!

EDIT: Image sure is large..

Spoiler for Swimsuit Shota:
Old 2012-09-25, 22:11   Link #78
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Is this a series or just a single-volume story?
Old 2012-09-25, 22:20   Link #79
aswad

this is the first volume so far it was only released about 2 months ago at most with the author also releasing 2 more in total series into work as well
Old 2012-09-26, 00:19   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be exact, the individual chapters were originally articles for the dengeki magazine once every two months, after the third chapter they compiled it and release it as a proper volume with one additional new chapter.

Whether or not this would be a one shot experiment or a new series remains to be seen.
Closed Thread

Tags
light novel, romance, shounen