AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 57.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-15, 10:09   Link #41
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I thought it obvious that Railgun has a much more versatile power set compared to Meltdowner.

In terms of lethality Meltdowner probably has the edge, but everything else Railgun is far more powerful.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 10:16   Link #42
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
What makes Mikoto think that the sisters will stop dying? Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that they will now be disposed of along with the trash?
No, thats the naiveness that makes Mikoto's character.

Thats why Mugino was so amused, she saw that outcome and saw trough Mikoto's thinking pattern.

Btw, given how pretty much higher ups send the #4 why not the #2. I know Mikoto would lose against someone who is just behind Accelerator but sending some who is behind her... I see that to be kind of dumb.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 10:32   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really great episode once again. I liked how Mikoto was able to defeat (kind of) Mugino using her smarts. She made full use of the traps Frenda had set. She would have never have been able to get away if not for those. I wouldn't like to be in Frenda's shoes right now.

So many people happy to see Touma... I had the opposite reaction
Old 2013-06-15, 10:33   Link #44
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They are the same thing.

Their usefulness to ongoing research = How much AC can profit from them.
Not exactly. AC won't make any money off of making Accelerator level 6 but he's still number one because of it. In fact they are actually losing money by spending a fortune making Accelerator level six, just the clones alone would cost 3,600,000,000 yen ($38,181,600.00 in US dollars) plus all the other expenses (paying ITEM, paying Accelerator, buying 20000 rifles, etc).
Old 2013-06-15, 10:47   Link #45
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Not exactly. AC won't make any money off of making Accelerator level 6 but he's still number one because of it. In fact they are actually losing money by spending a fortune making Accelerator level six, just the clones alone would cost 3,600,000,000 yen ($38,181,600.00 in US dollars) plus all the other expenses (paying ITEM, paying Accelerator, buying 20000 rifles, etc).
Profit is mostly used in finance, but it's meaning comes from taking a benefit or making progress.

Though I agree that a different translation could make a clearer expression.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 10:50   Link #46
Marina2

Quote:
We are talking about a different meaning of 'profit' here. In this context, it means: "the good result or advantage that can be achieved by a particular action or activity" and it doesn't have to be money.

In short, when they said 'profit' it means something like: a new knowledge acquired from a research , a new technology based on esper ability, etc. Thus, it has the same meaning as the usefulness to ongoing research.
Old 2013-06-15, 10:53   Link #47
leukrota

LOL, I just noticed a "plot armor" tag on the thread.

Who is making these tags?
Old 2013-06-15, 11:05   Link #48
Miraluka
Banned

^Don't worry. There are more worrisome threads like Kimi no Iru Machi's tags .

I hope Index III will be soon announced. I want more ITEM.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:11   Link #49
zaeraal

I am here already for some time, but this is first time I noticed that threads have tags..

"Plot Armor" is ok if you consider the knowledge from LNs and Mugino's real limits, but that would be spoiling stuff.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:13   Link #50
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Profit is mostly used in finance, but it's meaning comes from taking a benefit or making progress.

Though I agree that a different translation could make a clearer expression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
We are talking about a different meaning of 'profit' here. In this context, it means: "the good result or advantage that can be achieved by a particular action or activity" and it doesn't have to be money.

In short, when they said 'profit' it means something like: a new knowledge acquired from a research , a new technology based on esper ability, etc. Thus, it has the same meaning as the usefulness to ongoing research.
"Profit" just makes me think of money is all. When you here somebody say they are profiting you assume money. If it means the same thing it's no problem but I just think it's unclear.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:30   Link #51
Primary Consult

In the end, this certainly was a super-three episode fight sequence .

I liked the little exchange between Frenda and Takitsubo - "This is the only place for me" - "I hope you find a better place." Rarely do you get a group of "bad guys" who actually care about each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
What makes Mikoto think that the sisters will stop dying? Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that they will now be disposed of along with the trash?
She just wants to believe it is over. Her approach to this entire plotline has basically been "if it is possible that everything is fine, everything is fine". Just like the moment she hears about the clone experiment being frozen after the simulation showed failure she immediately pushes it out of her mind.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 12:00   Link #52
Haigon

Quote:
I don't think they pay Accelerator.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 12:12   Link #53
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
I
I liked the little exchange between Frenda and Takitsubo - "This is the only place for me" - "I hope you find a better place." Rarely do you get a group of "bad guys" who actually care about each other.
Railgun's villains so far (except that Kihara woman from Railgun SS1), are good people at their heart but they are twisted by the world they are in or by the situation that forced them to go in villain route. I would say that Mikoto 'almost' go into the 'dark' route as well in this sister arc.

The way ITEM girls talk to each other outside the job (about swimsuit, or how Frenda worry about Takitsubo in this ep.) show that they are normal girls just like Mikoto, Kuroko,Saten, and Uiharu when they aren't doing their job. How and Why they start doing this job is a mystery.

Sometime, you gotta wonder: Do the parents even know what are their children doing in this city?
Old 2013-06-15, 12:18   Link #54
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Actually, they do.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:18   Link #55
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
I think they do as he has quite a lot of money. It might just be from the normal "allowance" that level 5s get though. Well it doesn't really matter to the point that the experiment is damn expensive.

Quote:
Railgun's villains so far (except that Kihara woman from Railgun SS1), are good people at their heart but they are twisted by the world they are in or by the situation that forced them to go in villain route. I would say that Mikoto 'almost' go into the 'dark' route as well in this sister arc.

The way ITEM girls talk to each other outside the job (about swimsuit, or how Frenda worry about Takitsubo in this ep.) show that they are normal girls just like Mikoto, Kuroko,Saten, and Uiharu when they aren't doing their job. How and Why they start doing this job is a mystery.

Sometime, you gotta wonder: Do the parents even know what are their children doing in this city?
Well the ITEM people are probably child errors as none of their parents are mentioned in the entire series. And no parents have very little idea of what happens in AC as AC puts a lot of work into maintaining a "nice" public image.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:30   Link #56
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

I think what you want to say is a double life. Item's girls do that. They have their normal life and hidden face that shows how much they can do like killing and go trough disturbing. Those who knows about Touma's life will find a better example on him.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:59   Link #57
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
On side note this season just pure gold. My biggest problem with Index/Railgun anime was it never really was clear to me what is even going on. This time around it is easy to follow without extra knowledge and keep the track on what is going on.
I super agree. Animation, pacing, transitioning; this season went beyond my expectations. I hope the rest of the season is just as good and if Index III ever happens, it will match in terms of execution and quality.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 21:51   Link #58
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
blowing a car with some robbers inside not because they're robbers but because one of them make her crepe fall on the floor by accident
You will never let that one go will you?

Gotta admit thought, that didn't make a good first impression.
Old 2013-06-15, 23:51   Link #59
GundamZZ
残念美人

There are too many pages too read, so I'm not bothered to read them. Mikoto is as always as herself. She doesn't want to kill anyone, and she cannot stand others getting killed. Mikoto has many chances to kill Item girls. Even her life is threaten by Item girls, she doesn't want to kill them. Items girls are experienced killers, but they still care about each other. Maybe their leader is different.

Maybe Item girls make the kill, so they have a place to stay.

Mikoto is different. The researchers don't want to confront her directly. Maybe she is the mascot of Tokiwa. Her death will expose their secret. Another possibility is her parents are influential people. The city finds it not beneficial if they become the enemy.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 02:33   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is just a note that I moved 20 posts to a new thread on Motivations and Morality. Hopefully that allows the topic to grow and follow its own direction beyond the scope of just this current episode.