AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-18, 06:57   Link #61
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

IMO, the only way Scotch could be that guy is if Law transplanted his head onto some yeti's body . They do look alike from what we've seen, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm a little sad that my Scotch theory seems to have been ignored.....

Anyhow, while it seems that Big Mama is the most popular choice of yonkou that Law plans to take down, I'm still kinda not seeing it. Because sure, while Law did respond to CC about his drugged candy, it was so vague that we really can't be sure WHAT he was talking about (for one thing, how do we know he wasn't talking about a drug addict, rather than a candy addict? Even if he's a pirate, his expertise is still in the field of medicine, after all). Personally, I'm still sticking with what I said earlier about Blackbeard or Kaidou being the target emperor. I'm particularly leaning towards the latter since he's the one we know the least about at this point (plus, it would even kinda tie in with my Scotch theory! ).....
Old 2012-05-18, 09:46   Link #62
james0246

The giant brothers were ridiculously boring. I still do not really know how they "defeated" Zoro and friends (surprise attacks do give bonus damage, but not enough to take down Zoro).

Whatever the case, they were very uninteresting.

Franky-as-Chopper destroying everything was a little fun, but besides the initial reveal, the humour lost potency fast.

That being said, the bit at the end with Law was well worth the price of admission. Sadly, I kind of expect Oda to skip over the conversation until a later flashback instead of simply revealing Law's plans now.
Old 2012-05-18, 10:37   Link #63
marvelB

^Rather sad to hear that's your opinion of the yeti bros. IMO, they have cool designs and I really liked how they seemed to be strong stealth-based fighters, but as I already said I'd be most disappointed if this was the end of them after all the build-up they had these past few chapters. I don't want to see the Hyouzou scenario repeat itself again.....

And on an unrelated note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Weirdly something that crossed my mind reading this chapter is we're not getting enough Robin, not getting enough Robin service.
I don't mean being half naked or anything like that cause any time she's on screen is fan service, dressed or not

Personally, I'd be all for seeing more of Robin's distaste towards Franky-Chopper's wacky expressions, so count me in on that boat!
Old 2012-05-18, 11:47   Link #64
james0246

Quote:
^Rather sad to hear that's your opinion of the yeti bros. IMO, they have cool designs and I really liked how they seemed to be strong stealth-based fighters, but as I already said I'd be most disappointed if this was the end of them after all the build-up they had these past few chapters. I don't want to see the Hyouzou scenario repeat itself again.....
They basically look like a large Chopper sans antlers.

I do like the idea of giant stealth-based fighters (I'm still unclear how no one can see them; are they supposed to have white fur?), but their bark doesn't seem to match their bite.
Old 2012-05-18, 13:09   Link #65
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I'm a little sad that my Scotch theory seems to have been ignored.....
Like randomlex said, I feel the most plausible way for this theory to work is if Scotch's head was planted on top of a Yeti's body courtesy of Law. After all, the Yeti bros are WAY bigger than the Scotch Drake encountered at Kaido's island.

-----

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Oda puts a twist on this "take down a Yonkou" alliance by having Law mention Shanks as his choice. He's the emperor we're least expecting to be the target, but that may be exactly what Oda wants us to think. As mentioned already, there definitely is something shady going on about Law. He's not exactly a complete goody two-shoes.
Old 2012-05-18, 14:31   Link #66
marvelB

^Hey, didn't Crocodile hatch up this one huge scheme for the sole purpose of locating an ultimate doomsday weapon? Crocodile, who was a freaking logia!? No matter how strong a person may be, they're still by no means invincible......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Like randomlex said, I feel the most plausible way for this theory to work is if Scotch's head was planted on top of a Yeti's body courtesy of Law. After all, the Yeti bros are WAY bigger than the Scotch Drake encountered at Kaido's island.

Well, I had even mentioned in my post that Law could have modified his body, so the possibility of both Scotches being one and the same still exists. And I ask again: Doesn't it seem a little too coincidental that we have two huge guardians on snowy islands that even share the same name.....?
Old 2012-05-18, 15:36   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And I ask again: Doesn't it seem a little too coincidental that we have two huge guardians on snowy islands that even share the same name.....?
The thing is, wasn't the Scotch that Drake encountered one of Kaido's subordinates/guardians? Even if Law decapitated his head and implanted it onto a Yeti's body, why would Scotch convert himself into an assassin? But then again, after what Hawkins did to Brownbeard, the latter said that he had to resign as a pirate. That being said, perhaps Scotch chose to seclude himself in the snowy mountains and become an assassin instead of going back to Kaido? In any case, admittedly, the fact that these two guardians share the same name does seem a little more than coincidental.
Old 2012-05-18, 15:56   Link #68
james0246

Wasn't the Scotch that Drake encountered a Swordsman? I know he had a arm for a gun (or is it a gun for an arm?), but I seem to recall that he also used a sword.

Wasn't he also a cyborg?
Old 2012-05-18, 23:51   Link #69
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The thing is, wasn't the Scotch that Drake encountered one of Kaido's subordinates/guardians? Even if Law decapitated his head and implanted it onto a Yeti's body, why would Scotch convert himself into an assassin? But then again, after what Hawkins did to Brownbeard, the latter said that he had to resign as a pirate. That being said, perhaps Scotch chose to seclude himself in the snowy mountains and become an assassin instead of going back to Kaido? In any case, admittedly, the fact that these two guardians share the same name does seem a little more than coincidental.
Kaido could be one of those "I don't accept failure" kind of guys. For all we know Scotch may have no choice but to run away from Kaido and make a living as a assassin.
Old 2012-05-19, 09:03   Link #70
marvelB

And one last thing I want to bring up again about my theory: The fact that we still haven't seen either brother's face yet. And as Randrak pointed out a while back, Scotch is even wearing what appears to be a gas mask. While it certainly could be used to protect himself from CC's gases, that doesn't explain why Lock doesn't seem to be wearing one. So considering that the theory holds true, maybe it's possible that Drake mutilated the original Scotch's bionic body so badly that his head was forced to wear the mask, even if it was switched to another body.....?
Old 2012-05-19, 13:53   Link #71
Rainbowman

Quote:
You know, something really interesting occurred to me: What if Scotch of the Yeti Bros. is the same "Iron Boy" Scotch that X Drake encountered shortly before the skip at Kaidou's territory? Now, for those who don't know who I'm talking about, I'm referring to this large fellow here (whose name was recently revealed in the book Blue Deep):

^Notice that this Scotch has a somewhat similar build to the yetis. Plus, it would actually make a lot of sense if it were the same character because it would most likely mean that he went through a similar situation as Brownbeard did: He ended up getting wrecked by one of the super rookies of the "worst generation", got sent to Punk Hazard, and was revived due to a combination of CC's chemicals and Law's modifications. Plus, I really doubt that it's a mere coincidence that we have two guardians on snowy islands named "Scotch".....

Lastly, it would also explain why the brothers' faces still haven't been shown despite them having been properly introduced.
There may be a contrast between the two: "Iron Boy" Scotch has short legs and small feet while "Cool Yeti" Scotch has long hairy legs and big bare feet. Something about your theory doesn't match here...
Old 2012-05-19, 20:01   Link #72
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
There may be a contrast between the two: "Iron Boy" Scotch has short legs and small feet while "Cool Yeti" Scotch has long hairy legs and big bare feet. Something about your theory doesn't match here...
Well, it's possible that his head was attached on a giant Yeti's body like how Brownbeard's upper body was attached to a gator's body. With Law here, you never know.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:26   Link #73
marvelB

Uh yeah, if you had read the original post carefully enough, I even pointed out that Scotch's body could have been modified by Law. I even made the Brownbeard comparison too, to boot. I'd like to believe that I wasn't just throwing random crap at the wall and seeing what stuck.....
Old 2012-05-20, 13:24   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I even made the Brownbeard comparison too, to boot.
Too bad it just isn't a very good theory.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:08   Link #75
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I don't suppose you have a better one do you? Let's have it already if you do.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:26   Link #76
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I don't suppose you have a better one do you? Let's have it already if you do.
No I don't unfortunately.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:43   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

Hmm, the possibility of a second NW pirate (one who even served under an emperor to boot) being defeated by a supernova, was carted off to PH, had his body modified and is now working under CC, which would be very similar to Brownbeard's scenario. Plus, not only does he even share the same name as the guy who was guarding Kaidou's island, notice that we still have not even seen his face yet. Call it a sloppy theory if you will, but I think I provided enough evidence to make it a plausible one.....
Old 2012-05-21, 15:27   Link #78
Mateus

^
Plus there was a second furry guy in that pic too (standing in the background) could be the other assassin?
Old 2012-05-21, 18:06   Link #79
Endbo

I know its a little off topick, but i have in a long time haved a theory. Its about why Whitebeard and Gol D Roger got a deadly sickness.
What if when you visit the laste island where the one piece is, you go through something that if you are not the chosen one you get sick or you just get sick because you get to know the truth about the world, we now that roger has been there, and higely possibly whitebeard and they both got very sick.
What i really am tryng to say is that i think that maybe luffy also will get very sick, at the end of the serie.

also we ofter here about chosen person and peolpe coming to a limit, and so on

(sry for my bad engelish)
Old 2012-05-21, 21:22   Link #80
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endbo View Post
I know its a little off topick, but i have in a long time haved a theory. Its about why Whitebeard and Gol D Roger got a deadly sickness.
What if when you visit the laste island where the one piece is, you go through something that if you are not the chosen one you get sick or you just get sick because you get to know the truth about the world, we now that roger has been there, and higely possibly whitebeard and they both got very sick.
What i really am tryng to say is that i think that maybe luffy also will get very sick, at the end of the serie.

also we ofter here about chosen person and peolpe coming to a limit, and so on

(sry for my bad engelish)
If I'm not mistaken, Gold Roger was ill before he became pirate king. Meaning its likely he was already dying by the time he made it to Raftel. As for WB, it was probably just old age that made him sick.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Closed Thread