AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-17, 15:05   Link #1321
Bern-san

They wore hakamas like last year. The group who sings the OP (99 Radio Service) was there too. Apparently, Hosoya Yoshimasa wasn't going to be in the event but he appeared as a surprise guest.
There's a person who summarized the event (in Japanese): http://chihayahuru.269g.net/article/17586939.html

Some photos which were taken:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For those interested, last year's event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtOrZxlZ7Q
Old 2013-06-17, 16:18   Link #1322
Blaat

Thanks for the images and the youtube link Bern-san, the 4vs1 karuta match was fun to watch (starts around the 34 minute mark).
Old 2013-06-19, 03:57   Link #1323
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's been going to Nagumo society and known Murao since elementary school at least. And he was quite familiar with team playing since before he met Chihaya.

Yes, he made a special connection with Chihaya and Taichi. But it's not like he didn't play with other people before or after them.

But he played there before his grandfather died. Quite different from Shinobu.

It kinda was. The head of her society keeps asking her to come back. And all he wanted was for her to play older players. She's the one who decided to just train alone.

She's always been weird and isolated. Since before she started karuta.

She must have at some point. Only Class A players can become readers.

Spoiler for manga, not sure when it was mentioned. I'm pretty sure it was in the past compared to where the anime is, though.:
all valid points. I concede lol. and yes, it was mentioned before that the meijin had kyoko as his favorite reader, they've even shown him asking her to record her voice for practicing. i forgot what episode it was.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 15:20   Link #1324
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 24 left me speechless. I was as entranced by the match as Chihaya was. I wish we could have seen it in its entirety. We didn't get to see enough of Arata's playing style that enable him to beat the Queen. All we know for sure is that his speed is amazing and his card placement/sending kind of nasty (he was said to be as sadistic as Sudou by Nishida ). His extreme composure also makes him a difficult opponent to handle. It turns out Shinobu had a fever so it's debatable whether Arata would have been able to beat her under normal circumstances, but everybody in the room agreed his karuta was of the highest class. He's got a decent shot at being the representative for the next Meijin match.

Quite a bit of ship-tease in this ep as well, but I suppose it's the kind that's only there if you want to see it. No NTR faces thankfully. Taichi behaved normally.

Last episode next week. The best anime of winter is already coming to an end... that was too short
They better make a season 3.
Old 2013-06-21, 15:42   Link #1325
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Quite a bit of ship-tease in this ep as well, but I suppose it's the kind that's only there if you want to see it. No NTR faces thankfully. Taichi behaved normally.
He had his NTR face right before the end.
Old 2013-06-21, 15:42   Link #1326
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Hot damn, what a fantastic episode. I seriously have chills.
Old 2013-06-21, 16:10   Link #1327
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

sad that we only have one episode left

and god knows when are we gonna get the third season
Old 2013-06-21, 16:17   Link #1328
Blaat

Enzo already pointed it out before and I'll repeat it will be long a while before we get a season 3 and something tells me the longer we have to wait the less likely it's going to happen. ;\
Old 2013-06-21, 16:25   Link #1329
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The scene where Arata touched Shinobu's forehead was one of my favorites. Of course, this episode conforms to the usual anime convention where getting wet one day brings on a fever the next. Have the Japanese never heard of viruses or incubation periods?

It seems pretty clear both to Chihaya and to us that there is still a fairly large gap in skills between her and Arata/Shinobu.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:00   Link #1330
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The scene where Arata touched Shinobu's forehead was one of my favorites. Of course, this episode conforms to the usual anime convention where getting wet one day brings on a fever the next. Have the Japanese never heard of viruses or incubation periods?
No, and neither have I. When I go out in the cold while inadequately clothed, I can be confident I'll have a headache and various other symptoms in a few hours.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:53   Link #1331
mistress_kisara

That was an intense match! I was hoping for a Shinobu win but well done Arata! Last ep. next week!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 18:03   Link #1332
Bern-san

I love Arata's calm face during the match and I enjoyed the focus on him and Shinobu too.
After being compared to Sudo, it would be amusing to watch both of them play a sadistic match.

Poor Tsukuba he's winning but nobody paid attention to him...

It's a shame that the anime is going to be over.
Old 2013-06-21, 18:22   Link #1333
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We didn't get to see enough of Arata's playing style that enable him to beat the Queen. All we know for sure is that his speed is amazing
Acceleration more than speed. His movement begins slower than the opponent, but accelerates and reaches the card first.

There's no talent in this, just a fuck ton of training. Same with the card placement: it's all strategists that he learned from his grandfather.

He might look like a monster against an emotionally troubled girl like Shinobu, but I think a good and mentally solid player (think Harada-sensei) could beat him. The current Meijin would probably destroy him at this point.
Old 2013-06-21, 19:41   Link #1334
bastek66

Recent characters popularity poll.
Old 2013-06-21, 19:45   Link #1335
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Enzo already pointed it out before and I'll repeat it will be long a while before we get a season 3 and something tells me the longer we have to wait the less likely it's going to happen. ;\
Perhaps they'll end this season on a cliffhanger then... That way, fans will be clamouring for a sequel, even if it takes two years. Though it can happen even without a cliffhanger - the third season of Natsume Yuujinchou aired more than two years after the second...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 20:57   Link #1336
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Season 2 is currently making more than Season 1 for BluRay/DVD sales (changed the format for disc releases, too). So, if it made enough in S1 to justify S2, then it stands to reason we'll get more at some point in the future. It just won't be soon.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:07   Link #1337
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Acceleration more than speed. His movement begins slower than the opponent, but accelerates and reaches the card first.

There's no talent in this, just a fuck ton of training. Same with the card placement: it's all strategists that he learned from his grandfather.

He might look like a monster against an emotionally troubled girl like Shinobu, but I think a good and mentally solid player (think Harada-sensei) could beat him. The current Meijin would probably destroy him at this point.
No talent? Seriously? I don't even know where to begin.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:47   Link #1338
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Season 2 is currently making more than Season 1 for BluRay/DVD sales (changed the format for disc releases, too). So, if it made enough in S1 to justify S2, then it stands to reason we'll get more at some point in the future. It just won't be soon.
The manga is also selling extremely well.

Looks like I will have to start reading the manga because there is no way I can end this story now.
Old 2013-06-21, 23:10   Link #1339
stassy

Along the brief NTR Taicha face at the end, didn't I spot another one from Chihaya when she saw Arata pat Shinobu's head?
stassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:22   Link #1340
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stassy View Post
Along the brief NTR Taicha face at the end, didn't I spot another one from Chihaya when she saw Arata pat Shinobu's head?
You certainly did. The chemistry between those two is thick enough to cut with a knife.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cards, josei, karuta, sports