AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-23, 20:04   Link #681
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

wow that was just complete false advertising..... I was hoping for a Kirino centric OVA but they pulled a complete 180.....
Old 2007-06-23, 21:31   Link #682
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
wow that was just complete false advertising..... I was hoping for a Kirino centric OVA but they pulled a complete 180.....
I figured that's where you were going with that original comment, and you're not completely wrong, I guess, but that promo was really really vague. People just assumed that it'd be about Kirino because she was the one talking, but they never showed any scenes or anything. It was the sort of promo that didn't really tell you much of anything.

When it comes right down to it, I think that, given how much the main story focused on Kirino and Riko, it would have been tricky to insert more Kirino material into the timeline already covered. Focusing on the other characters helped balance out the screentime without messing up continuity. But yeah, I guess if you were hoping for more Kirino, you won't find it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 04:08   Link #683
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Makes you wonder whether all studios follow the same crappy policy (aka Shuffle - Shuffle Memories).
Old 2007-06-24, 09:53   Link #684
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Makes you wonder whether all studios follow the same crappy policy (aka Shuffle - Shuffle Memories).
Well, it would be the same policy in effect, I suppose. The tagline for Shuffle Memories promised a re-telling of the story focused on the five main girls, and some new scenes, and delivered precisely that (11 recap episodes focused on the 5 main girls, and 1 new episode). It's not false advertising in either case, it's just very very vague. In this case, though, at least it wasn't a matter of being "cheap" or whatever; it was more of a storytelling decision; maybe they could have had someone else narrate the promo, but that's about it.
Old 2007-07-05, 01:01   Link #685
DanielSong39

If I had a choice I would've made a Special OVA with contents from Episode 11(the backstory concerning Haruhiko's mother) and spend more time fleshing out the resolution between Riko, Kirino, and Haruhiko. It would've helped in two ways - it would've made for a touching, meaningful OVA - and it might have helped the ending as well. I was also rooting for a much more bittersweet ending (Kirino's actions run much deeper; Haruhiko suffers real consequences for his decision; there is a permanent rift between Kirino and our happy couple) - but I suppose you have to take what you can get.

Then again, I should just be thankful for Episodes 9 and 10. Some of the best drama I've ever seen from a dating sim conversion - Kirino's Kaede moment may have even exceeded Kaede herself.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 06:45   Link #686
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Saw the OVA.

Holy crap, that was rather awesome. I was expecting a total waste of time, as most bonus one-off OVA eps tend to be, but this was incredibly entertaining. It knew it was a pointless filler episode and it relished in it... which is the way it should be, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If I had a choice I would've made a Special OVA with contents from Episode 11(the backstory concerning Haruhiko's mother) and spend more time fleshing out the resolution between Riko, Kirino, and Haruhiko. It would've helped in two ways - it would've made for a touching, meaningful OVA - and it might have helped the ending as well.
Disagree with this. Gift's story was done-and-dusted in the series. No point in trying to add to a story that's completed as it is, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:44   Link #687
DanielSong39

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say; I wished they had cut out large portions of Episode 11 and used that air time to construct a better resolution between Haruhiko, Riko, and Kirino. I felt the special OVA would've been the better way to work in the complete backstory with Haruhiko, his mother, and the origin of the Gift.

But the show itself and the special OVA was OK as it was, and I have no real complaints.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 04:15   Link #688
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Overall I Loved Gift Eternal Rainbow, The fact it moved quite fast was cool because it didn't take like 20 episodes to get to the point.

The OVA Was Okay too

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 20:50   Link #689
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Send a message via MSN to Tsudaro
Read through the whole thing for 2 hours, couldn't find anything talking about the game. But that's obvious. I looked through the forums and couldn't find the thread for the game. So, would someone mind providing a link to it or if there's a group fanlating the game?
Tsudaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 01:39   Link #690
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsudaro View Post
Read through the whole thing for 2 hours, couldn't find anything talking about the game. But that's obvious. I looked through the forums and couldn't find the thread for the game. So, would someone mind providing a link to it or if there's a group fanlating the game?
I don't remember there being a thread from the game, and as far as I'm aware there aren't any groups translating it either. So I guess I can't really provide a link to either. I guess if you want to start a thread for the game in the Game forum, feel free, though I'm not sure how many there are on this forum who've played it. (I personally have only played through one path on the PS2 version so far, but not due to a lack of quality or anything -- just time.)
Old 2008-05-26, 23:14   Link #691
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

The anime in general was interesting and nice to watch. But there were many weak points in the plot and characters unexplained... they should have made a better adaptation even if they had to change the original story a bit.
Still it was nice to see a happy ending for everyone and not having the bitter feeling after the end xD I'll give this a 7/10

About the OVA... i'll never forget the "I saw the universe" and bleeding to death Haruhiko ROFL... it made me remember Nagasarete Airantou and Seto no Hanayome xD I coudnt ask a better last episode for this anime.

Last edited by incube; 2008-05-26 at 23:26.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:22   Link #692
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just a small bump for people who are fellow fans of the Gift anime. The original visual novel (all-ages version) is now available officially in English as an app on the iTunes App Store. I created a discussion thread here where people can discuss this new release. So for those who were thinking they may never get a chance to play the original game, this might be your chance (if you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch).
Old 2010-12-16, 18:11   Link #693
Dr. Casey

I watched this show across the past week... I kind of laughed at Kirino's "I just wanted to be your little sister!" declaration for some reason since it reminded me of Ore no Imotou. Kirino's my favorite character though, Haruhiko has no taste for choosing Riko over her. She was pretty hot dressed up in those black villainous clothes in episode 10.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural