AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 02:59   Link #401
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Tangled - Surprisingly good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 03:13   Link #402
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
About the only gripe I have with Tangled is that it was in 3D instead of the 2D style that pretty much all the rest of Disney classics are in. Though I will admit, having it in 3D provided some very interesting effects. It felt like it drew elements from Snow White... but don't get me wrong, Tangled is a story all of its own.

My personal favorite part: it proves brunettes are the best

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 03:50   Link #403
soranarumi
the Crowned Clown

Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime, I love Sheryl's Obelisk costume <3
soranarumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:31   Link #404
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

The Last Airbender

Well first off I know this is a film aimed at kids but damn do they do a poor job on this one.....wrong it's not a poor job, it's a bloody terrible one.
It's got some nice effects but big blockbusters these days like these all have nice effects that it doesn't really matter or save the film from being craptacular.
I thought it would be meh at most but damn did it blow that thought of the water.

Toy Story 3

Simply great, they still managed to capture and keep the feel of the first 2 films and ending on such a nice note.
I loved Buzz's spanish mode

RED

Nothing great about it but I liked it for what it was. I wouldn't say it's a BD purchase, if I was ever to buy it would be for DVD or when it's really dirt cheap on BD.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

This was not bad, not great but certainly not bad.
It helps that Molina makes for a great villain and Monica Bellucci and Teresa Palmer are hot, even if Bellucci only gets a few scenes
Old 2010-12-19, 00:19   Link #405
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
My personal favorite part: it proves brunettes are the best
yes. yes. yes. as soon as it happened, i was like, i'm in love.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 01:59   Link #406
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler for part of the ending:

Sometimes I wish my life were like a Disney movie...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:55   Link #407
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Tangled - Surprisingly good.
I second that. Grewing up with the classic Disney princesses and the Grimm's fairy tales made me a little sceptical how they'd do with my dear Rapunzel, but it really was an entertaining movie.

Totally loved the scene where the little girls spot that 5 kilometer long hair and joygasm about getting to braid it XD Didn't every girl had that phase where she tried to grew her her as long as humanly possible? ... I did ._.
Loved especially the horse and the chameleon. They were made of awesome. But I swear Maximus is half dog - maybe his father is a pug?

My only real gripe were these big ass eyes of the females. Way too big. And that the evil witch looked liked Cher. Scared me D:

Some story elements where a little too corny or were unoriginal, but oh well.
Not a masterpiece, but definitely a nice watch. Great for watching wth your little monster cousins during chistmas
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:41   Link #408
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
The Last Airbender

Well first off I know this is a film aimed at kids but damn do they do a poor job on this one.....wrong it's not a poor job, it's a bloody terrible one.
It's got some nice effects but big blockbusters these days like these all have nice effects that it doesn't really matter or save the film from being craptacular.
I thought it would be meh at most but damn did it blow that thought of the water.
So many bad reviews on this I guess I won't watch it, I don't like wasting my time watching movies that are a waste of time
I watched
Mee-Shee: Cute movie

A Christmas Story: I didn't watch the beggining since I was in my room writing But it was pretty neat
Thats probably about it
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:04   Link #409
Lost Cause

The Expendables; While it was nice to see all the old action stars back at it, but it was mostly a yawn.
Knight and Day; I was very surprised by this one! It was very good and had shades of the 'Mission Imposible' movies along with some very good humor. I would recommend this one!
The A-Team; Grab your popcorn and get ready for the ride of your life! This movie does not disappoint and pays hommage to the TV series! The new cast is excellent in their characters (especially Murdock, this guys off the chain!) If you have an hour and a half to kill and are looking for a good time, check out the A-Team!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:31   Link #410
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Knight and Day; I was very surprised by this one! It was very good and had shades of the 'Mission Imposible' movies along with some very good humor. I would recommend this one!
Yeah , that was ok for me , but imo i prefer Killers than this one who looks alike. It have more humor , hilarious moment , great scene... ("Killers" was made before K&D)

Anyway , watched Takers , robbery movie but with few chara development and the concept kinda suxx. Better watch "The Town" instead if you want more development & emo.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 22:40   Link #411
MetalCookie

Monsters Inc

Gosh, I haven't seen that movie in a while.
Old 2010-12-21, 22:48   Link #412
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Doesn't scare me quite as much as it did when I was little, but now that I'm older I can appreciate some of the darker, more adult themes that I never noticed before.
Old 2010-12-25, 19:39   Link #413
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just back from seeing True Grit with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, and a remarkable performance by 14-year-old Hailee Steinfeld. She should have received a "best actress" nomination, but these are rarely handed out to teen-aged newcomers like Steinfeld. Instead she's up for "best supporting actress." I haven't seen her competitors, but regardless I think she deserves the award.

I've never read the novel nor seen the original 1969 version with John Wayne. (He was on my "banned" list at the time for political reasons.) Wayne won his only Academy Award for the role of Rooster Cogburn, but it's hard to imagine a better performance than Bridges'. Damon has less to do and was less compelling as a result.

Definitely worth watching if only to see Steinfeld. It's probably the most conventional movie by the Coen brothers I've seen. If you want to see more characteristic films by them, I'd suggest Blood Simple and Fargo.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-12-25 at 21:35.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:45   Link #414
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Oh One I finished watching the other day but didn't watch the whole thing just the ending was "The education of little Tree"
I was good....
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:51   Link #415
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Watched Zombieland and How to train your Dragon on Xmas eve.

Not the most festive movies but Zombieland was pretty decent especially with Woody Harrelson and How to train your Dragon was a lot better than I expected.

Though I kept cracking up when Gerard Butler kept using his Scottish accent and his son spoke American.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 23:26   Link #416
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Disney's Hercules. Got in on DVD for Christmas, since our video copy of it wore itself out from being watched too often. I've been on a Disney kick lately.
Old 2010-12-25, 23:29   Link #417
Cloudy

I watched Natural Born Killers and Kara No Kyoukai movie 1.

Great philosophical films.
Old 2010-12-25, 23:46   Link #418
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've never read the novel nor seen the original 1969 version with John Wayne. (He was on my "banned" list at the time for political reasons.) Wayne won his only Academy Award for the role of Rooster Cogburn, but it's hard to imagine a better performance than Bridges'. Damon has less to do and was less compelling as a result.

Are you referring to his Playboy interview?

That being said, yes True Grit (2010) was a magnificent film, easily one of the best of the year (and the Coen Bros have been on an amazing roll for the last 3 years, creating feature after feature that always makes its way to my Top 10 list).

(I'm really just been waiting for someone to create a "Best of 2010" thread before I talk about True Grit and some of the other amazing films that I have seen recently (King's Speech, The Fighter, Blue Valentine, Rabbit Hole, etc (and of course, the great Black Swan...which technically I saw several months ago, but have just had the pleasure of re-experiencing recently)).)

That being said, I just saw the Dr. Who Christmas special; Dr. Who: A Christmas Carol earlier this evening. With some fine acting from all involved (especially from Sir Michael Gambon), an increased production budget (that created some truly fantastical images), and a near brilliant reimagining of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol with many fun twists along the way, this is easily the best Dr. Who Christmas special since the new series was started 5 years ago, and an all around good film/program.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 21:37   Link #419
Lost Cause

I just recently watched 'From Paris with Love' starring John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. This is a GOOD movie if you like action and shoot'em ups!
And 'Edge of Darkness' with Mel Gibson; it's a good "who done it" movie, but a little slow. But is probably more truthful about big business and Big Brother than many would care to admit.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:08   Link #420
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Inception

loved it

Resident Evil: Afterlife

I really don't give two flips about the whole 3-D schtick, but the scenes that were blatantly done for the sake of 3-D irritated me and jacked up the flow of the movie. The movie almost had me at the end...I was seriously irritated with how it seemed all the survivors in that prison freaking died, then they showed the black guy somehow surviving, but seriously...it was almost no point to have that many when like 1 out of 7 lived...Chris Redfield doesn't apply for obvious reasons. They could of made it less obvious the jackass movie producer would betray them or that the mousey asian guy was gonna die a horrible death...I'm no expert on the RE baddies...but how in the blue hell did Alice and Claire not here the big sumbitch getting THAT FREAKING CLOSE to them?

I loved Wesker in all his "I don't give a shit about emotions" glory
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies