Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 18:46   Link #1
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Anime's that open up STRONG!!

Action preferably but I'll take any genre if the first episodes are STRONG!!!

Want something just visually awesome with the plot, the action, the comedy, or the whateverness, where it's all up in your face in the first episode...Don't wanna have to wait 13, 18, 16 eps for it to get good...I wanna be blown away from the start...
Old 2008-03-27, 19:51   Link #2
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Code Geass opened up pretty strong IMO, I ended up marathoning it after watching the first episode.

More criteria and a list of titles you've seen before, please. I'll edit this post after you do that.
Old 2008-03-27, 20:01   Link #3
james0246

S.cry.eD opened up very strong and keep that pace throughout.

Excel Saga or Hare nochi Guu also opened strong, and kept that general pace throughout. In both shows, the main character "dies" in the first episode.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-03-27 at 20:40.
Old 2008-03-27, 20:24   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Code Geass opened up pretty strong IMO, I ended up marathoning it after watching the first episode.

More criteria and a list of titles you've seen before, please. I'll edit this post after you do that.
Cool...

Seen Code Geass (R2 coming up in two weeks which means no more Gundam 00 T_T)...Also seen Excel Saga and SCRYED, but basically I'm just looking for an anime where the early episodes just blow you away or just start really strong...I'd say KARAS, Baccano!, Welcome to the NHK, Ghost in the Shell SAC 1 and 2, Paradise Kiss, Desert Punk, Gankutsuou, etc...

Like right now I'm watching Hitman Reborn and Eyeshield 21..They both kinda suck right now but I previewed eps later in the series and they look awesome, but you gotta go thru that building process before it gets great...Even SLAM DUNK! was like this which kinda got on my nerves because I love that show and it ended before it really even started...Just looking for something that's good, but doesn't have to build-up into being good...Would love to watch Moonlight Mile, but my comp just can't handle it...It looks awesome too..

So now it's your turn^^...
Old 2008-03-27, 21:07   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Do you have a list of all anime you've seen? It could help.

Elfen Lied and Fullmetal Alchemist's first episodes are completely in your face. Shigofumi would fit also. REC and Bokurano is semi in your face, and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien's second episode can also be in your face.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-03-27 at 22:59.
Old 2008-03-27, 21:13   Link #6
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
I suggest Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon, as their first episodes start out pretty strong with a lot of action. If you want comedy, try Full Metal Panic Fummofu, though you might want to watch the first season though. Oh, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann starts out semi-strong as well.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:24   Link #7
gh0stmice
*Artist

i dont think any anime opened up as good as elfen lied

also
wlecome to the nhk
ttgl

mushishi (well the whole show was freaking amazing)
melancholy of haruhi suzamiya. (really suprised this wasn't mentioned yet, one of the strongest opening episodes ever)
shiriguri(not sure how its spelled) (has disembowelment withint the first 2 minutes of show)
fooly kooly(first episode got me hooked without a doubt)
Old 2008-03-27, 22:49   Link #8
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
The first three episodes of Death Note are brilliant. While I think the second half of the show is much weaker than the first (2 seasons, 37 eps total), I definitely think its a good show worth checking out.

Cowboy Bebop also has a great, action-packed opening episode.

If you're into slice-of-life or romance, both School Days and True Tears are very strong out of the gate in my opinion, though you're free to form your own opinion of what happens towards the end of School Days, as most people either love or hate it... and True Tears isn't over yet, but is still going pretty strong.

Clannad, a drama/comedy/slice-of-life hybrid, is funny, uplifting, and touching every episode. It was probably the best show this past winter anime season.
Old 2008-03-28, 02:02   Link #9
skyablaze

2nd Elfen Lied and maybe Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (that was probably one of the most messed up opening to an anime ever) oh and Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho had a pretty cool first episode.
Old 2008-03-28, 02:11   Link #10
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Code Geass indeed. Also, Mnemosyne, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou, and if you leave the action genre there's Mushishi and Ichigo Mashimaro. All have fucking fantastic first eps.
Old 2008-03-28, 02:54   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

Macross Frontier had the most impressive first episode I've seen in recent memory, lets just say I hope it hasn't peaked....
Old 2008-03-28, 09:26   Link #12
goddessofheaven

gantz, i think.
Old 2008-03-28, 15:45   Link #13
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
Beserk.......crazy first episode!
Old 2008-03-28, 15:48   Link #14
nines
I much prefer the 2d

eh id think elfien lied tops all i mean people getting torn and shot to bits lol seems like a #1 crazy opener
Old 2008-03-28, 21:58   Link #15
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The very first frame of Noein depicts an epic battle that will recur throughout the entire story.
Old 2008-03-28, 22:10   Link #16
Crisano

“When Cicadas Cry-Higurashi” opened up extremely strong, along with “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", “Full Metal Alchemist”, and "Minami-ke".
Old 2008-03-28, 22:13   Link #17
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

whateverness, u gotta watch lucky star lol. it'll make u go "wth"
Old 2008-03-28, 22:24   Link #18
Altvaltex
Positivity

Crest of The stars/ banner of the stars!!!
Old 2008-03-29, 01:00   Link #19
blewin

Eureka Seven opens up with two episodes of explosive actions. It has a great mix of comedy and romance and action, but its plot is slower-paced than others. Still, that is probably what makes it one of the best animes out there, with awesome music and great character development.
Old 2008-03-29, 07:11   Link #20
Tri-ring

Planetes had a great opening episode with Tanabe and Hachimaki hotly arguing over whether they should drop a debris or not with political overture.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2008-03-29 at 09:12.
Closed Thread