AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 15:08   Link #11041
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Man the last time we've seen Kallen and CC chatting alone was very early in the season. She hasn't been one to give intel even to lulu so her opening up to Kallen next episode is a stretch
Isn't that exactly what happened during the one year gap and in the first picture drama of R2? Could kinda say it happened in R2's episode 7 when Kallen was holding the Zero mask, I think.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:10   Link #11042
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Now in the case of Kallen in naruto terms
if Lulu = Naruto
Suzaku = Sasuke
Nunnally = Sakura
Kallen = Sai

There is everything okey, because he isn't talking about personalities, but how long Lelouch=Naruto knows the other persons.
What wouold be the point of bringing Naruto here then ?

Moreover, Lulu has been knowing Nunnally for much longer than Suzaku, so it doesn't really add up. And I would still say that time-wise :
Sai = Rolo
Rookie 9 and Team 10 = Student Council, minus Millay and including Kallen
It would be more fitting, as Kallen and the SC were introduced to Lelouch around the same time. Kallen became part of the SC much later than the other members, but she still entered Lulu's life way before Rolo. I guess her equivalent in Naruto could be Team 10. Sai is the last one to enter Naruto's friend circle, just as Rolo is the last one to enter Lelouch's circle.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:14   Link #11043
Kusaja

If C.C. and Kallen happen to be in the same room at any point, I agree, they'll interact, whether that means fighting, talking or both...and probably on C.C.'s initiative, not Kallen's. That theory is pretty good.

I don't think it would be about detailed "intel" but just the basics of the situation or about how Lelouch feels regarding his current actions, at least...even if this too is interrupted by the circumstances. C.C. is perfectly willing to go along with Lelouch's plan, but she has shown concern about him...and Kallen, even if there is no romance involved, is somebody he cares about, which is something C.C. would also know.

Honestly, I'd like if the whole C.C. and Kallen interaction, as small as it has been on-screen, isn't just for fanservice but also ends up serving some practical purpose. We'll see.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:15   Link #11044
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I can agree with Lelouch's priorities you point out (Nunnally, Marianne, Suzaku), and the fact that Kallen has risen only recently to his the Nunnally and Suzaku group, but the Naruto analogy is way off IMO. If anything, judging from the personalities and developments :
Lelouch=Sasuke
Sakura=Kallen
Naruto=Suzaku, if anyone
Sai=Rolo

Euphie, Nunnally, CC and Marianne have no real equivalent in Naruto

But except for the analogy Sasuke/Lelouch and Sakura/Kallen, I don't think you can make any analogy between those 2 shows actually.
I was referring to old bonds vs new bonds when I made that relation
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:15   Link #11045
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Let's not try Naruto comparisons. The two series are fundamentally different.

If C.C. is to chat with Kallen at any point, now would be the most likely time. I would hope, however, that Lelouch spares the time to talk her down by himself, even though a heart-to-heart would fit better when there's not a battle raging just outside the ship.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:17   Link #11046
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
not when its clear that at this point C.C isnt liking lulus actions (which are clearly bad for him as well)
why wouldnt she want to help him (stop him from hurting himself)
and if there is one person that C.C knows for a fact cares about him as much as she does
its kallen
Why does she even need Kallen to stop Lulu?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:18   Link #11047
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If C.C. is to chat with Kallen at any point, now would be the most likely time. I would hope, however, that Lelouch spares the time to talk her down by himself, even though a heart-to-heart would fit better when there's not a battle raging just outside the ship.
I'm thinking that Lelouch will be resistant, at first, to be entirely honest and will either keep quiet, assume the Emperor "mask" or, possibly, accept his own death if he can't bring himself to either tell Kallen the truth or actually get her out of the way using force.

And that's where C.C. could intervene (not to "stop" Lelouch as such but more likely to stop Kallen), but so could Suzaku...there are several possibilities.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:21   Link #11048
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Why does she even need Kallen to stop Lulu?
cant get past suzaku (who wont let anything stop the plan)
also
if lulu really is keeping kallen out of the plan to protect her (from the consequences of his actions as the worlds biggest douchbag)
then having her drawn into it might make him think twice about pulling it off (more so if the plan is to take down the democles from the inside with a fryia
if he is having problems with nunnaly being there
then having both nunnaly AND kallen there makes it all the harder
Old 2008-09-16, 15:23   Link #11049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm thinking that Lelouch will be resistant, at first, to be entirely honest and will either keep quiet, assume the Emperor "mask" or, possibly, accept his own death if he can't bring himself to either tell Kallen the truth or actually get her out of the way using force.

And that's where C.C. could intervene (not to "stop" Lelouch but more likely to stop Kallen), but so could Suzaku...there are several possibilities.
he cant use force to save himself nor can C.C get there in time(its too fast, there is still smoke in the scene from when kallen busts into the hanger)
the onlything that could save him from the first strike is kallen not being able to just off him without a word (the extented clearly shows her saying something (with tears)
Old 2008-09-16, 15:24   Link #11050
Baixinho

Quote:
If C.C. and Kallen happen to be in the same room at any point, I agree, they'll interact, whether that means fighting, talking or both...and probably on C.C.'s initiative, not Kallen's. That theory is pretty good.

I don't think it would be about detailed "intel" but just the basics of the situation or about how Lelouch feels regarding his current actions, at least...even if this too is interrupted by the circumstances. C.C. is perfectly willing to go along with Lelouch's plan, but she has shown concern about him...and Kallen, even if there is no romance involved, is somebody he cares about, which is something C.C. would also know.

Honestly, I'd like if the whole C.C. and Kallen interaction, as small as it has been on-screen, isn't just for fanservice but also ends up serving some practical purpose. We'll see.
I think it's pretty likely that CC will be the one to interrupt Kallen next ep when she is about to fry Lelouch. If Kallen then doesn't trash her right away with the Guren, I think there may be some room for a little chat between them.

CC didn't seem to be pleased by Zero's Requiem in the latest episodes, so she may want to let Kallen in, cause I don't see anyone else who could still have any influence on Lelouch right now. Seeing how Nunnally is completely mislead, and considerig that CC and her will most probably not be interacting alone before Lelouch confronts her, I don't think she would get enough info to change her mind of going against his brother right now.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:24   Link #11051
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
cant get past suzaku (who wont let anything stop the plan)
also
if lulu really is keeping kallen out of the plan to protect her (from the consequences of his actions as the worlds biggest douchbag)
then having her drawn into it might make him think twice about pulling it off (more so if the plan is to take down the democles from the inside with a fryia
if he is having problems with nunnaly being there
then having both nunnaly AND kallen there makes it all the harder
Yeah but it is not like he can stop and say "oh sorry I was just acting like a douche because my sister died and I wanted redeem myself by for causing all that death and destruction. I changed my mind now because my sister is alive and this hot girl tells me not to. So kidnapping your leaders all water under the bridge cool?"
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:24   Link #11052
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
and if there is ever a point for C.C to stop being a bystander and start to effect lelouch's actions
that would be it
Well I just hope they have to crawl in a hole somewhere to reach lelouch, but CC got stuck :3
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:27   Link #11053
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Yeah but it is not like he can stop and say "oh sorry I was just acting like a douche because my sister died and I wanted redeem myself by for causing all that death and destruction. I changed my mind now because my sister is alive and this hot girl tells me not to. So kidnapping your leaders all water under the bridge cool?"
the democles goes boom
who knows where lulu is or if he is still alive
even more so if (as i suspect) sayoko would play his role again at some point as a decoy
Old 2008-09-16, 15:29   Link #11054
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I think it's pretty likely that CC will be the one to interrupt Kallen next ep when she is about to fry Lelouch. If Kallen then doesn't trash her right away with the Guren, I think there may be some room for a little chat between them.

CC didn't seem to be pleased by Zero's Requiem in the latest episodes, so she may want to let Kallen in, cause I don't see anyone else who could still have any influence on Lelouch right now. Seeing how Nunnally is completely mislead, and considerig that CC and her will most probably not be interacting alone before Lelouch confronts her, I don't think she would get enough info to change her mind of going against his brother right now.
Possibly, we'll see. I like that option though.

C.C. has doubts about how it is affecting Lelouch, and those he cares about, but I suppose she definitely understands why the plan is necessary. She's not opposed to Zero Requiem, but may not want Lelouch to hurt himself and others too much, even if the result has to be the same. In other words, she may want to reduce the plan's fallout, but not change its end.

More than letting Kallen in on all the details of the plan, which would need too much time, C.C. may just want to stop her from killing Lelouch and to make her understand the very, very basic idea...so that she can accept it or at least not interfere.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:31   Link #11055
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
the democles goes boom
who knows where lulu is or if he is still alive
even more so if (as i suspect) sayoko would play his role again at some point as a decoy
The world does know what he looks like though, it would be hard to hid after this. I guess it just depends on how they want to spin this.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:32   Link #11056
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Possibly, we'll see. I like that option though.

C.C. has doubts about how it is affecting Lelouch, and those he cares about, but I suppose she definitely understands why the plan is necessary. She's not opposed to Zero Requiem, but may not want Lelouch to hurt himself and others too much, even if the result has to be the same. In other words, she may want to reduce the plan's fallout, but not change its end.

More than letting Kallen in on all the details of the plan, which would need too much time, C.C. may just want to stop her from killing Lelouch and to make her understand the very, very basic idea...so that she can accept it or at least not interfere.

its called exposition
since lulu suzaku and C.C know what zero requiam is
we need some way to tell the viewers
and kallen is a great character to serve as such
Old 2008-09-16, 15:35   Link #11057
Kusaja

Quote:
its called exposition
since lulu suzaku and C.C know what zero requiam is
we need some way to tell the viewers
and kallen is a great character to serve as such
Yes, but it depends on how much is necessary for what the story wants to do with these characters.

I'd hope so, personally, but there's also the possibility that the full description will not be told, but shown, in Turn 25.

On the surface though, I don't think the episode will focus too much on the plan, even if we learn new details, which is why I'm thinking any discussion of it will be brief.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:38   Link #11058
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Yes, but it depends on how much is necessary for what the story wants to do with these characters.

I'd hope so, personally, but there's also the possibility that the full description will not be told, but shown, in Turn 25.

On the surface though, I don't think the episode will focus too much on the plan, even if we learn new details.
some how you need to get explain to the viewers one clear point
why did lelouch find it vital to become SUCH A HUGE PRICK
that shnizel needs to be stopped is a given
but why make yourself such an enemy of the world
thats what the viewers need to understand
and its probably the one thing kallen wants to know most of all (aside from what she means to him)
Old 2008-09-16, 15:42   Link #11059
Kusaja

Quote:
some how you need to get explain to the viewers one clear point
why did lelouch find it vital to become SUCH A HUGE PRICK
that shnizel needs to be stopped is a given
but why make yourself such an enemy of the world
thats what the viewers need to understand
and its probably the one thing kallen wants to know most of all (aside from what she means to him)
I agree, but there's always showing and not telling, you know.

I think that the episode could give us something that answers part of that question, but it may not elaborate on it too much, on-screen, and Kallen could still get the point (about the plan and/or the answer she's looking for).

But if we do get a relatively detailed dialog, I'm completely fine with it.

Just trying to juggle how the episode is going to handle sooooo many things happening at the same time.
Old 2008-09-16, 15:42   Link #11060
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
but then again we did see somehow C.C. is jealous somewhat of Kallen, when she fell down on lelouch, he did not finish what he said because C.C. interrupt them. Up to now, she still don't know why Lelouch asked her to go back with him. Maybe he's asking for her to go back to her old life, or maybe it's something else, but she still didn't know.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote