AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2008-05-10, 08:33   Link #121
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Has Setsuna ever worn a dress?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:15   Link #122
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
The closest thing to a dress I can recall in the manga was her maid outfit during the Mahorafest fighting tournament.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:25   Link #123
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

What-all do we know about Negima's demons?

Off the top of my head I recall that they can be summoned and dismissed by Eastern mages, they can interbreed with humans to create hybrids like Kotaro and Setsuna, and they come from a plane separate from Earth and Mundus Magicus, but is there anything else that could be gleamed from their appearances in the manga thus far? For instance the fact that they don't seem to mind working with/for human summoners?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 13:27   Link #124
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Some do, some don't. Those that don't obviously won't respond to the call of the summoning (unless its too powerfull) demons also can choose to come to this world by themselves, and don't seem to have a time limit to their stay when they do.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:33   Link #125
X207
Gamyūsa

one quick question. ive read all the negima manga ch and i thinking of watching the anime also. ive read the 2 summaries on the 2 versions and negima!? and sounds better atm. were both good and were both seasons worth watching? atm im thinking of jumping to negima!? as ive read the manga but in not too sure if i should watch se1 atm.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 23:27   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Parts of the first season are generally liked (especially since they redid the first part because of animation failures). I generally sort of liked the series through episode 19. After that the series has an anime-only climactic arc that was either hated or enjoyed.

The problem was story-wise it would have made sense to finish out on the end of the Kyoto Arc but the animators decided to go on a very separate direction but they *used* some elements of the Kyoto Arc battle. This upset many fans but others were fine with it.

My recommendation is to simply watch it as an alternate storyline with the same characters and you'll probably do fine.

The second series "Negima!?" is substantially different than the manga from the get-go. I liked the art style and a lot of the gags and little moments, but was entirely unimpressed with the overall storyline. This series caused a lot of division in the Negima fanbase - and since the director Shinbo was involved it caused little flame wars over whether he'd wrecked Negima or whether it was a brilliant interpretation.

This probably didn't help... but frankly I'd say you ought to watch both. The voice actresses (the same in both series) are great and the artwork in the second series is really interesting (more angular -- some folks hated it). There are many moments from the manga animated (though they're often in different times or locations).
I *loved* the interpretation of the ghost girl student in episode 19 of the first season even though it was anime only.
I loved the early episodes of the second series -- hilarious moments.

If you're a Negima fan --- probably ought to watch both even if certain parts make you cringe (don't forget the OVAs).
Old 2008-07-24, 07:32   Link #127
X207
Gamyūsa

ty vexx, it seems i have a long list of eps to watch now. that will probably only last 5 days at most given the "resources" are easily found on the net. i'll just look around to find them.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 23:46   Link #128
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Question: How does Magia Erebia relate to the dark elemental spells Evangeline uses early in the series? Do they both stem from the usage of dark emotions or can a person be born with a natural darkness affinity?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 01:04   Link #129
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Question: How does Magia Erebia relate to the dark elemental spells Evangeline uses early in the series? Do they both stem from the usage of dark emotions or can a person be born with a natural darkness affinity?
I don't think it was ever mentioned that Evangeline actually uses this technique presently. As for negative emotions, that's unknown. Personally, I don't think it's absolutely necessary. Near the end of Negi's little test in the Phantasmagoria, he didn't use mainly negative emotions to beat Evangeline. He had come to the realization that his true strength must come from his acceptance of all his feelings (good or bad) and experiences, instead of pushing them away with denial and locking them up.

However, as we've seen Negi go into overdrive when angered (before learning dark magic), I'm sure there could be something terrifying with pure anger mixed with Magia Erebea.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-08-20 at 02:35.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 05:46   Link #130
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I have a question about Pactio cards. In volume 5, a brief explanation about Pactio cards is given, but they left out a few things.

Directions: They explained West, North and East, but they didn't explain South and Center. What do those last two symbolize?

Astrological sign: How does one determine what sign they are born under? Especially since Negima doesn't just use planets, but also uses things like comets and black holes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 00:30   Link #131
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Directions: They explained West, North and East, but they didn't explain South and Center. What do those last two symbolize?
Center is the Sky - According to meow translation verion.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 21:54   Link #132
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is Fate a boy?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 21:57   Link #133
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is Fate a boy?
Technically, it's still unknown.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 05:04   Link #134
Serous

When was mana's pactio card first shown? I could only find one metion of it in the chapter after chao left.
Serous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 07:13   Link #135
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serous View Post
When was mana's pactio card first shown? I could only find one metion of it in the chapter after chao left.
End of chapter 86, during her anti-confession patrol.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:17   Link #136
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i have a question on the mahou sensei negima manga. Approximately which chapter in the manga is where the anime ends? ( the anime of the original Mahou Sensei Negima). The part which:
Spoiler:
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:24   Link #137
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i have a question on the mahou sensei negima manga. Approximately which chapter in the manga is where the anime ends? ( the anime of the original Mahou Sensei Negima). The part which:
Spoiler:
It doesn't happen in the manga.

The only things that were canon were: (and in order)
Spoiler:
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 22:21   Link #138
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
It doesn't happen in the manga.

The only things that were canon were: (and in order)
Spoiler:
ahh that's too a shame , was going to see abit more development on of Asuna and the origins of Asuna's power to repel all magic.

Thank you for your help!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 12:07   Link #139
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... at the current time the manga have told a lot of stuff which never was noted in the anime ... i'd really recommend plowing though the whole manga (along others we have a fairly good guess as of who Asuna is :P)

well ... actually ... the anime covers mostly the 3 (4 if optimistic) first volumes ... with a single episode here and there, from elsewere (most liked is ep 19 which goes around Sayo, which is actually the only part the general concensus is that the anime was at least as good as the manga) ... and knowing that we're somewhere around volume 24 (and up to volume 19 or 20 officially translated into english) then you make your guess as of how much development there have been
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 06:33   Link #140
Devouree
Promoted at last :)

Ahh, can't believe I only just found this thread today. I remember around june/july last year plowing through the manga that was out, eagerly awaiting the next chapter, I mean volume...

Some bits are hard to understand though, and the reason I started reading this was for the comedy (don't get much of that where I work ), but now I'm hooked anyway. So is there any plans for the mangaka to work faster or start to finish this off? Any prospective timeline?
Devouree is offline   Reply With Quote