AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 04:21   Link #8101
ShiroiRyu

Hum ...
Some sad moments : The one where Erza learn from Millenia what they try to do.
The Yukino parts. (i think she will just give her keys)
And the little cat ...
Old 2012-05-04, 05:49   Link #8102
Qilin
Romanticist

Dang. Is it just me, or did Fairy Tail become interesting again?

Since the beginning of this future arc, things have been going pretty slowly. The fights have been pretty uninteresting so far (maybe except for Kagura's fight). Also, the interactions between the FT characters were getting pretty stale.

As of the latest chapter, that is to say chapter 282, I'd say things are finally stepping up as we get a glimpse of who exactly FT is up against. Sabertooth's harsh standards for its members and Kagura's grudge towards Jellal were the highlights of the chapter.

I wonder what's next for Sabertooth's expelled stellar spirit mage?
Old 2012-05-04, 07:22   Link #8103
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So... who is the strongest mage? I lost track, there always seems to be a stronger person ever arc...
Old 2012-05-04, 07:23   Link #8104
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Holy shit, that guild takes things a little too serious...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 07:30   Link #8105
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So... who is the strongest mage? I lost track, there always seems to be a stronger person ever arc...
That's the great thing about FT; you don't really know, since a lot of people have the potential to beat almost everyone else. I suppose technically you could say Natsu since he's the main character and will usually end up defeating the big boss guy of the arc. I only say usually because he hasn't in at least a couple of arcs.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 07:56   Link #8106
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Holy shit, that guild takes things a little too serious...
That's a female run guild for ya

-he said with heavy sarcasm-

Seems like there are grudges every where you look.
Old 2012-05-04, 08:05   Link #8107
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I suppose technically you could say Natsu since he's the main character and will usually end up defeating the big boss guy of the arc. I only say usually because he hasn't in at least a couple of arcs.
Natsu is strong but you can't really call him the strongest mage around - he lost to Max Plus he always struggles against his opponents, and Erza beat Azuma while Natsu faced off Zancrow...the boss fights are also pretty much team fights: Erza fought Jose, Jellal and Laxus before Natsu, and they all worked together on Hades.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:24   Link #8108
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, am I the only one that's getting a huge Akuma from Street Fighter vibe from Genma? I wouldn't be surprised if his strongest spell would be Akuma's Shun-Goku-Satsu attack, and he had a kanji on his pack that spelled out Sabertooth, or Perfection.
Old 2012-05-04, 08:38   Link #8109
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
So forcing a woman to strip herself completely naked in front of her comrades, and expelling her is not going too hard on her? I'd hate to see your definition of what would be too hard^^;;. Anyhoo, Rogue scored+1 on my nice guy list. He has more consciousness about what's going on around him than Sting. Sting's just a punk who thinks he's all that. Rogue is more focused and analytical. I mean, I'm still iffy he killed his foster parent, but we'll wait and see. I do agree with you though, Millianna definitely +1. You'd think, since she's technically older than Erza, she'd act like a mature senpai. NOPE! TACKLE GLOMPS FTMFW! As much as I would want to see Yukino join FT, I don't think her spirit and mind are in the right state to think about joining another guild, not after what Genma did to her. Still hope she joins though.
I wouldn't call it too hard too. As mentioned, she wasn't killed or maimed. Expulsion is hard, but not overly hard.

She willingly stripped, not even by force, so I won't call it being hard on her. Or at least I don't see any overt coercion.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:46   Link #8110
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Random speculation

Maybe Yukina wont join Fairy Tail. Maybe she joined Mermaid Heel and Kagura just ordered her to give up her old "sword" since she defeated with that one and it represents her old life. Plus Kagura cant own and train a mage whos mage she isnt fimilure with, so Kagura will train Yukina in some new magic. However since Yukina is a good spirit mage she cant just trow out the keys so she sought out Lucy whom is clearly a well loved spirit mage since she cant bare the thought of her keys going to a possible bad master when lucy is right there and a clear good master.

Then again Yukina could join Fairy Tail but since shes owned by Kagura (and will find out about her hatred of Jellal) she'll end up in a position where she discovers who Mystogan is and ends up telling Kagura who she is in order for payment of her life back (though more likely alludes to getting her life back if she finds Jellal for her but Kagura being a smart cookie figures out its someone in Fairy Tail). If she sells out Jellal it will likely be since she believes hes an evil mages as everyone but Fairy Tail believes, she may even believe Jellal defeated Mytogan and replaced him during Fairy Tails 7 year absence and Fairy Tail just hasnt figured it out yet
Old 2012-05-04, 09:12   Link #8111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, am I the only one that's getting a huge Akuma from Street Fighter vibe from Genma? I wouldn't be surprised if his strongest spell would be Akuma's Shun-Goku-Satsu attack, and he had a kanji on his pack that spelled out Sabertooth, or Perfection.
He looks more like Gouken wearing Akuma's necklace...but yeah, the second I saw him the SF4 bell dinged in my head
Old 2012-05-04, 09:33   Link #8112
sergel02

Well the next chapter says 10+2 keys, so i think the 13th key won't show up.

I bet you that new Sabertooth girl is a dragonslayer like Wendy, since she doesn't have her counterpart yet.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 10:02   Link #8113
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He looks more like Gouken wearing Akuma's necklace...but yeah, the second I saw him the SF4 bell dinged in my head
Hmm, him too, but since he wants to keep being "the strongest", Akuma popped into my head first. Don't be surprised if he ends up being voiced by Taketora, Akuma's seiyu, when the animé decides to reach this ark. If he starts saying Messatsu, I'm gonna grab my PS3 controller and start trying to control him so I can make him use his Level 3 X-factor Hyper combo. Bet he has the same glass armor as Akuma too, uber powerful, but falls apart the minute you touch him.
Old 2012-05-04, 11:04   Link #8114
orangejuicetang

Am I the only person who would be kind of bothered if Yukino just randomly gave Lucy her two keys?

Feels like there's not really any reason for it, and besides it's also like Yukino's just going 'meh I'm just going to quit being a mage'

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:54   Link #8115
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Am I the only person who would be kind of bothered if Yukino just randomly gave Lucy her two keys?

Feels like there's not really any reason for it, and besides it's also like Yukino's just going 'meh I'm just going to quit being a mage'
After all she went through, quitting wouldn't be much of a surprise. Then again, maybe she wants to stay within her former guild's spirit and give power to those who are strong...although Lucy lost her fight.
Old 2012-05-04, 13:29   Link #8116
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Well the next chapter says 10+2 keys, so i think the 13th key won't show up.

I bet you that new Sabertooth girl is a dragonslayer like Wendy, since she doesn't have her counterpart yet.
Wendy already has her counterpart. Sherria, that clumsy girl from Lamia Scale who looks to be about Wendy's age. Remember, for all that she's been competent since, Wendy was clumsy when she first showed up.

Anyways, pretty much as expected Yukino gets punished disproportionally for her failure much like Flare did.

I'm skeptical that she'll be just giving up her keys, being a mage, etc. The possible reasons given for doing so are pretty tenuous, and all the next chapter title really indicates is some interaction between Yukino and Lucy.

I'm also skeptical she'll be joining any other guild at the present moment. Kagura not killing her does not mean that she's suddenly Kagura's slave, has to join Mermaid Heel, etc. Indeed, all indications are that if Sabertooth's guild master hadn't thrown her out, Yukino would still be with Sabertooth. Nor is there any great pressure for her to join Fairy Tail immediately.

It'll be interesting to see what she wants to talk with Lucy about, though again I'm skeptical either of them will be kidnapped in the next couple of chapters. Sure Mashima could theoretically have her hand all her keys over to Lucy, leave, and promptly be grabbed by Arcadios's minions. But that'd be kind of lame and forced, and Mashima seems to want to get through the majority of the tournament before getting heavily into Arcadios's plot.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:52   Link #8117
Casshern

Jellal and Erza just do not get a break, ever. Considering the amount of Jellal hate I'm surprised there haven't been any comments like "I loved Kagura before and now it turns out she wants to kill Jellal too. Can this girl get any more perfect"?

Anyway, I hope Yukino doesn't give her keys but joins FT instead. In that case I can see Lucy trying to sacrifice herself to save Yukino and it will fulfill Charle's vision too.

As for mermaid heel, bitches be crazy.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 15:14   Link #8118
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
As for mermaid heel, bitches be crazy.
To be fair, Milliana has some pretty good reasons for wanting Jellal dead, and has none of the reasons Erza and Fairy Tail have for having forgiven Jellal.

Kagura, we'll see how good her reasons turn out to be. My first thought is the obvious "Simon was her brother" reason.

Though personally I'd prefer it to turn out to be the less likely theory some people have tossed out that Kagura's connection with Jellal is Ikuraga. I'd be fun to see Kagura's moral high ground crumble as it turns out she's trying to avenge a ruthless murderer for hire who wasn't even cut down and left to die by Jellal.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 16:26   Link #8119
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I wouldn't call it too hard too. As mentioned, she wasn't killed or maimed. Expulsion is hard, but not overly hard.

She willingly stripped, not even by force, so I won't call it being hard on her. Or at least I don't see any overt coercion.
I don't know if I would go so far as to even say Sabertooth's guild master was hard on her considering how much that Guild pride's itself on strength and her losing a life bet badly that she initiated fair and square that was decided by a battle. I'd say she is lucky to be alive.
I'm a little surprised by Rogue there might still be hope for him.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:01   Link #8120
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Then again Yukina could join Fairy Tail but since shes owned by Kagura (and will find out about her hatred of Jellal) she'll end up in a position where she discovers who Mystogan is and ends up telling Kagura who she is in order for payment of her life back (though more likely alludes to getting her life back if she finds Jellal for her but Kagura being a smart cookie figures out its someone in Fairy Tail). If she sells out Jellal it will likely be since she believes hes an evil mages as everyone but Fairy Tail believes, she may even believe Jellal defeated Mytogan and replaced him during Fairy Tails 7 year absence and Fairy Tail just hasnt figured it out yet
I'd go with this speculation. I think Kagura might have some sort of suspicion that Jellal is hanging around FT. Maybe even that Mystogan is Jellal, but she needs proof. So she sends Yukino to FT to act as sort of a spy:

"I have a feeling Jellal is there, and I don't think Fairy Tail is aware. So just look around, and if you find out where he is, tell me. Several of us want him, because of [insert reason for vengeance here]."

I'll also say, that Angel had info on Lucy, such as that she had met with the Spirit King. I'd say Lucy is well known in the Spirit World, and thus Yukino would probably have knowledge of her.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen