AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 10:23   Link #121
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for magazine preview:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 10:58   Link #122
FireChick

I like the second magazine scan the best. It looks like it'll be a nice series.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 16:55   Link #123
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-05-13, 18:11   Link #124
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That's a nice scan, looks promising. Any idea how many episodes it will be?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 22:15   Link #125
Utsuro no Hako

^ Most likely just one cour -- P.A. Works has a Hanasaku Iroha project coming later this year, and they've never done two productions at the same time before.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 00:06   Link #126
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Old 2012-05-14, 01:41   Link #127
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I hate to say it, but this has the look of "We're not trying very hard" to me - like P.A. is safely staying in their sweet spot and ripping themselves off in KyoAni fashion.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 02:05   Link #128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me as well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 08:55   Link #129
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well its better attempt than trying too hard make something different like making some random horror show. Haha! who the hell that can be so clueless like tha... oh wait.
Old 2012-05-14, 09:08   Link #130
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well its better attempt than trying too hard make something different like making some random horror show. Haha! who the hell that can be so clueless like tha... oh wait.
I'll take that random horror show than some random slice of life with cute girls in it, since it's actually different.

Back on topic, yeh... this doesn't bode to well. From the subpar character designs (is this really Sekiguchi designs?) that look like poor man's version of Hanasaku Iroha, to the pretty unimpressive PV that had a lacklustre atmosphere... We'll see if this ends up being as medicore as it looks/promoted, but past PA experiences tell me that they usually start off strong and end strong, with middle eps being a bit of a drag. But gawd... change those damn character designs. They scream A-1 pictures, which i don't like (their designs). And yes, for slice of life series, visuals are important!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 11:38   Link #131
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Random horror was very nearly a great show for 10 episodes, before the director went Blood-C for the final two. Sure as hell a more creative and distinctive show than HanaIro.
Old 2012-05-14, 17:54   Link #132
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Oh people

P.A only produce 6 show so far

1 romance show, n then they make 2 sci-fi show, and making Hanasaku Iroha (which apparently became their "formula" now, despite their track do not say so) and just after they make a show that no one bother make a show with that genre, people accuse them for "settling"
Old 2012-05-14, 18:12   Link #133
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Random horror was very nearly a great show for 10 episodes, before the director went Blood-C for the final two. Sure as hell a more creative and distinctive show than HanaIro.
I agree. However, I still think that HanaIro was better executed show compared to Another given that the former didn't completely flop in the end. Not to mention HanaIro was quite better than your compared to your average "cute girls doing cute things" show. Though it had some slow eps in the bit, I thought it was a pretty solid slice of life series for what it was. My main complaint is in regarding to the emansculation of male characters

Quote:
Oh people

P.A only produce 6 show so far

1 romance show, n then they make 2 sci-fi show, and making Hanasaku Iroha (which apparently became their "formula" now, despite their track do not say so) and just after they make a show that no one bother make a show with that genre, people accuse them for "settling"
No one said that. You're making a strawman argument here. Guardian Enzo merely said that PA Works doesn't seem to be trying very hard with this which they aren't. Visuals are a downgrade compared to what we're normally used to from PA excepting Another since that was made on a low budget. Plot/Atmosphere based on the PV is a downgrade because it was incredibly low key and unimpressive to say the least.

Btw, am I the only one that is laughing my head off regarding the "Girls Generation" tags on the scans. Combined with the fact the Tari Tari logo has music symbols I'm going to start laughing at it (in a bad way) if the girls start singing and busting out moves like this and this.

Of course the chances of that happening is close to 0%.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 03:21   Link #134
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I actually appreciated Another for being different, so even though it was incredibly flawed I still liked it.

Quote:
Oi, oi, let's not be bashing HanaIro or else things will be getting messy:
Spoiler for space:

And anyway, HanaIro is the only coming of age about work and it's conflicts with romance and the mother & daughter relationship, that I've ever seen. I thought it was fairly distinctive.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 03:23   Link #135
Westlo
Lets be reality

The visuals for Tari Tari are clearly better than Angel Beats.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:19   Link #136
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

HanaIro should be forced viewing for every producer about to sign the contract giving Okada Mari creative control. Re-enact the whole scene from Clockwork Orange...
Old 2012-05-15, 17:16   Link #137
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
HanaIro should be forced viewing for every producer about to sign the contract giving Okada Mari creative control. Re-enact the whole scene from Clockwork Orange...
Well, if fragments and bits of Mari Okada's demented sexual fantasies can make PA's second best show IMO, it's really not that bad eh?

I think she helps, tbh. PA is nothing without her! Because the scripts make even less sense.

As for Tari Tari, we just need to keep in mind what the purpose of the show is, and adjust accordingly. Those better have good backgrounds to make up for the so-so designs though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:22   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, if fragments and bits of Mari Okada's demented sexual fantasies can make PA's second best show IMO, it's really not that bad eh?

I think she helps, tbh. PA is nothing without her! Because the scripts make even less sense.

As for Tari Tari, we just need to keep in mind what the purpose of the show is, and adjust accordingly. Those better have good backgrounds to make up for the so-so designs though.
Well, I'd rank it third at best - and that's a pretty short list of shows anyway - but I think it proves a larger point. HanaIro had about 10-12 episodes worth of very good material, and the rest was all Okada bloatware. It would have been an excellent one-cour series - but when Okada isn't being edited by someone with enough power, she's her own worst enemy.

The issue with Tari Tari for me is that it looks to be a blatant attempt to cash in on the HanaIro brand, and there's really no one at the top levels of the staff to give reason to think it'll be anything special. I hope I'm wrong, because PA Works produces so few series and their backgrounds are so gorgeous that I hate to see them swing and miss.
Old 2012-05-15, 21:14   Link #139
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Is it going to be a yuri slice-of-life comedy or just Kimi to Boku with girls. If that so this Summer may going to be the best Summer ever beside 2009 one.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 21:15   Link #140
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Is it going to be a yuri slice-of-life comedy or just Kimi to Boku with girls. If that so this Summer may going to be the best Summer ever beside 2009 one.
There's two guys in the cast so this is a mixed gender cast,there'll probably be romance.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works