AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 22:40   Link #81
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
when obito said that i am pretty sure he din't mean it literally, madara is a man from long lost in history, i mean yes he is a descentant of madara but i think obito is not a direct grand grand grand grand .......son of madara, they pretty much distant members of the same clan from different time

And i think madara died only so that he could be reincarnated in his prime later by obito making use of nagato's rinnegan technique
you're pretty sure? we don't know that for sure. it could be a translation error for all we know. we could only speculate at this point. and some of us would like to believe that obito was "chosen" and that he's directly related to madara, or like what james said, he could be a direct descendant of izuna, madara's brother. because if obito is just some random uchiha who randomly fell into the hands of madara it would be too much of a coincidence, not to mention incredibly boring.
Old 2012-10-12, 06:53   Link #82
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you're pretty sure? we don't know that for sure. it could be a translation error for all we know. we could only speculate at this point. and some of us would like to believe that obito was "chosen" and that he's directly related to madara, or like what james said, he could be a direct descendant of izuna, madara's brother. because if obito is just some random uchiha who randomly fell into the hands of madara it would be too much of a coincidence, not to mention incredibly boring.
and what interesting will it make if he is a direct descendant and the chosen one by madara, it will only make madara the more bad guy which he already is, and obito is nothing but a tricked and mind twisted victim of madara,after all this what we get that madara is the only bad guy.......oh! wait a minute we already know that....
this way it will be even more boring,
Old 2012-10-12, 07:12   Link #83
Hiking_Bear

I think it's just that Obito seems to regard Madara as more of a shady old man than a long lost family member. My money is on Nagato being Madara's direct descendant (maybe his son).
Old 2012-10-12, 07:54   Link #84
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
As far as I know, there is nothing in the manga or databook that can confirm the exact ages of either Minato or Nagato. However, Nagato is estimated by some to have been in his early 40s at the time of his death. Minato would be around the same age as Nagato, perhaps slightly younger.

Here are a couple methods of estimating Nagato's age:

Method 1:
In Page 8 of Chapter 427, Chouji estimates that Deva Path (Yahiko) is approximately 25-30 years old. This means that Yahiko was 25-30 years old at the time of his death. When did Yahiko die? He died in the confrontation with Hanzo during the Third Shinobi War. We know that the Third Shinobi War ended shortly after Kakashi Gaiden (about 1 year before Naruto was born). Thus Yahiko was 25-30 at least 1 year before Naruto was born. Naruto is now 16 years old. So, we can add 17 to figure how old Yahiko would be if he survived to the present. (25 to30) + 17 = (42 to 47 years old). If Nagato was around the same age as Yahiko or slightly younger, then Nagato would be in his early to mid 40s
Method 2:
We start with Dan Kato (Tsunade's lover) who died in the Second Shinobi World War. According to the databook, he died at age 27. Now we make the estimation that Tsunade, (and therefore Jiraiya), was close in age to Dan. And around the same time that Dan died, Jiraiya was training Nagato, Konan, and Yahiko. As for Nagato's age during this period, we can look at what Jiraiya said on Page 11 of Chapter 375: "He [Nagato] possessed the ability to use any type of ninjutsu he desires since the age of 10". Now Jiraiya trained Nagato for 3 years. It's not clear whether Jiraiya means that Nagato had the Rinnegan starting at 10, or whether 10 is when Nagato finished his training. But if, at the time of Jiraiya's departure, we approximate Nagato's and Jiraiya's ages to be 13 and 27 respectively, then the difference between their ages is 27-13 = 14 years. Jiraiya died at age 54. So, if Nagato is about 14 years younger than Jiraiya, then Nagato would have been around 40 at the time of his death.
So, here we have two independent methods by which Nagato is estimated to have been in his early 40s at the time of his death.
dayuummm father timeline! LOL. sounds good to me. preciate ya.

Quote:
I think it's just that Obito seems to regard Madara as more of a shady old man than a long lost family member. My money is on Nagato being Madara's direct descendant (maybe his son).
waiting on someone else to say this. (though it was in the poll in the who is tobi thread, i've never seen an actual post stating this directly.) when i first saw adult nagato, he reminded me of madara with the whole hair over the eye deal. not like kishi hasn't used hair, color and other things to denote a familial relationship or identity. plus edo madara keeps looking for him.
i like this idea because
for fun - madara is pretty big fan of hashirama, so i can see going to get himself an uzumaki girl himself
for less fun - madara probably was aware of the uzumaki/senju distant relationship and figured as an alternative to the mazou/zetsu deal, fathering a child with uchiha and senju/uzumaki dna he could create a sage like individual. just speculating cuz this definitely leads to more questions...
Old 2012-10-12, 09:41   Link #85
itachi-san314

Quote:
that's a pretty awesome idea. i hadn't heard of this theory yet either, but they do certainly resemble each other and it makes sense story wise as to why madara would choose him. familial ties to nagato and obito make a lot more sense than madara just choosing at random and getting lucky. i hope the story goes this way. i can see a cliffhanger at the end of a new chapter where madara calls nagato his son. would be pretty epic
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:43   Link #86
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
and what interesting will it make if he is a direct descendant and the chosen one by madara, it will only make madara the more bad guy which he already is, and obito is nothing but a tricked and mind twisted victim of madara,after all this what we get that madara is the only bad guy.......oh! wait a minute we already know that....
this way it will be even more boring,
hey, to each his own! i was merely pointing out the fact that we don't know for sure what obito meant, but you seem so sure that he is not related to madara other than the fact that he is an uchiha. the thing is, kishi hasn't really elaborated on that. there are so many unanswered questions that kishi needs to address. we're just speculating and sharing our opinions here for the sake of discussion. no need to get sarcastic.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:27   Link #87
Amata Sora

I just want to see Sasuke vs Naruto.... I think the least likely outcome is Sasuke will probably die and give Naruto his sharingan (AKA pulling an Obito) and considering loosing Sasuke and being distantly related to Senjus.... That could be Instant EMS or rinnegan.
So that bring up another question, what happens if you have Mangekyou and take someone with EMS eyes?
Amata Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 13:55   Link #88
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
hey, to each his own! i was merely pointing out the fact that we don't know for sure what obito meant, but you seem so sure that he is not related to madara other than the fact that he is an uchiha. the thing is, kishi hasn't really elaborated on that. there are so many unanswered questions that kishi needs to address. we're just speculating and sharing our opinions here for the sake of discussion. no need to get sarcastic.
i already said i am not implying my speculations, i might be wrong, the proper thing is what the authur decides, even if he decides to keep these things unanswered
Old 2012-10-13, 06:33   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
There's a slight problem with that. Nagato is of Uzumaki descent.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 08:30   Link #90
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And why couldn't Madara have slept with an Uzumaki?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 09:18   Link #91
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ His pure love for Hashirama-tan does not allow it.
Old 2012-10-13, 11:09   Link #92
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
lets see...according to @Hiking_Bear, nagato should be about 25-30 (please help HB) since this is the 3rd shinobi war. (yahiko will probably get busy dying here soon). take that much time off of madara decrepit looking @** and i guess its possible he was young enough to be trolling for...a ladyredbush. i guess an alternative would be nagato being born blind and madara offering the family his eyes so the child can see. but madara is
using words like 'entrusted' and asking multiple times about nagatos whereabouts, so i feel the connection might be a bit deeper than eye donor.

also considering the place on the timeline this flashback is occurring, shouldn't nagato be summoning the statue about now?
Old 2012-10-13, 11:50   Link #93
itachi-san314

Quote:
so's naruto, but he's also a namikaze. not everyone has to be inbred
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:07   Link #94
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I did say 'slight'.

I don't recall anymore, but were the Uzumaki an offshoot of the Senju or not?
Old 2012-10-13, 17:20   Link #95
Teru987

They were distant relatives.
Teru987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 22:19   Link #96
HasuMasu
*Artist

Like cousins, even had their own village or something.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:35   Link #97
Teru987

thats were the swirl in the leaf symbol can from.
Old 2012-10-14, 03:02   Link #98
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah I remember that stuff now. But would an Uzumaki count as a Senju for determining whether they have "Senju blood"?
Old 2012-10-14, 09:34   Link #99
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Yeah I remember that stuff now. But would an Uzumaki count as a Senju for determining whether they have "Senju blood"?
i guess that depends on what kishi has planned and means by " distant relatives."
Was the sof6 uzumaki? Was his wife? Were the original senju and uchiha sons even "born" or did the sage create them like he created the tailed beasts? What if the original son thought to be a senju, was actually uzumaki??
Old 2012-10-14, 17:16   Link #100
Teru987

It would make more sense cause they had vast knowledge of fūinjutsu and lived longer than most.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion