AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 13:56   Link #1
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Basilisk ~ Kouga Ninpou Chou ~

Slated for a Spring 2005 release, Kagou Ninpoujou Basilisk, a Gonzo TV Anime adaptation of a semi-historical Ninja comic serialized in Young Animal.

This is an unprecedented anime production.

I say that because this production will be funded largely in part by private, personal investments.

The Information Section of the Basilisk website states that "Japan Digital Contents(JDC), online brokerage firm Rakuten Brokerage Inc. Ltd. and Jet Brokerage Inc. Ltd., have established Japan's first individual investor-oriented 'Anime-Fund'." The Anime-Fund will begin soliciting for investments starting September of 2004 (tentative date) and be used to fund the production of "Basilisk."

The target amount of the Fund is 240 Million Yen. The Fund will be formed around JDC while Rakuten Inc. and Jet Inc. will be responsible for the solicitations.

Investors in this Fund will get a cut of the DVD and Video sales and other revenues as well as a name listing in the ED Credit of the TV show.

It's 50 Thousand Yen per share in the Anime-Fund, interested?

P.S. I've only translated small parts of the prospectus listed in the Information Section. If I've left out anything important, wrong in my translations, or if anyone feels like translating the whole page--please do us all a great service and do so

Last edited by Melazoma; 2004-08-01 at 14:14.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 22:19   Link #2
Rikichi

I liked, in spite of the very interesting repetitive theme the, Great character desing....

Old 2006-01-24, 08:16   Link #3
Kimblee

Basilisk... Is this the only thread about it? Why isn't this show popular?
Kimblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 11:28   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimblee
Basilisk... Is this the only thread about it? Why isn't this show popular?
I suggest you have a look at the top of each and every forum page.

>>> Not visited the forum in a while? Please Read This First! <<<
Trouble logging in? Read the page above first, especially if you registered in 2005!

A years worth of posts have been lost due to the forum restore. That's a good hint as to why this thread hasn't been active. And if you want to see discussion, why not start the ball rolling yourself by posting something you would want to discuss about Basilisk
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 12:34   Link #5
Poetic

I only got to see about 20 episodes, and I didn't really care that I couldn't find the rest. I think this was an average series. The characters were cool w/ their abilities and design, but I was just bored...
Poetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 18:38   Link #6
v1cious

i just finished it, and i thought it was awesome. this is definitely the best of the recent Gonzo trilogy.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:05   Link #7
ShikaShika
無罪

When it's good it's very good, but sometimes it was a bit on the slow side. Also, from the first two episodes it was pretty easy to predict most of the plot.
Spoiler for mild spoiler:

Very nice production values though, loved the music. I don't think I would buy it though.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:17   Link #8
Seyluun

Great show, amazing character design. It is not where they go which counts, but how they get there.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 21:32   Link #9
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious
i just finished it, and i thought it was awesome. this is definitely the best of the recent Gonzo trilogy.
I agree. It stuck pretty closely to the manga too, which is nice to see. Especially from a Gonzo title.
Old 2006-02-06, 03:28   Link #10
OshadowO

good show, weak ending. I agree about the character designs. Okoi!
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 05:14   Link #11
Luapman

If you liked the anime I would recommend the manga. Surprisingly for an anime based off of a manga it is almost dead-on. Just some toning down on the nudity and some slightly expanded scenes were the only real changes.
Luapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 05:02   Link #12
rain.

Ok now that I saw the whole thing, can someone explain to me...

Spoiler:
rain. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 04:09   Link #13
GoTz
Deleted

so i downloaded and finished the series this week...i liked it a lot
had lots of action, pretty dark and gloomy, some good fight scenes (especially the first episode)
i also did not understand the whole tenzen thing

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 21:32   Link #14
DwArD
mAnIaC

I just picked up this series. I watched the movie version of it and when someone mentioned that they made it from an anime, I sort of went on a mad hunt for it. I was sort of expecting the ending but....but....

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-20, 23:12   Link #15
Wesley

I'm getting tired for explaint this info.
Besides, wikipedia explains it better than me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHINOBI_Heart_Under_Blade

Futaro Yamada(pen name) wrote a lot of novels. A lot of is novel had been made into movies. It's surprising several of his novel made into anime, and they are all from his creation. There are already many manga made based on Kouga Ninpou Chou. So, the movie Shinobi is not based on manga or anime.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 20:17   Link #16
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm...I watched Shinobi before watching Basilisk. Aside from some of the characters having the same name, the whole story and plot is completely different from the anime. The special effects and fighting scenes are cool...but I personally think the anime is a lot more emotional.

Anyway, I just finished watching episode 9. Its kinda sad how things turned out that way.

Spoiler for episode 9:

EDIT: OMG! I just watched episode 13....

Spoiler for question:

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-07-22 at 00:46.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 20:29   Link #17
mishka

okay i know I'm a year behind on this...but I just finished episode 24, and I gotta say the last 5 episodes were awfull....they killed all the cool/cute characters in the few first episodes....and leave you with buch of love sick weirdos! YAWN....AAAH....

descent animation....descent fighting scenes.....ending was disappointing but not surprising atall since knowing how Oboro was a whimp, the ending was obvious on episode 16/17ish!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 01:59   Link #18
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
okay i know I'm a year behind on this...but I just finished episode 24, and I gotta say the last 5 episodes were awfull....they killed all the cool/cute characters in the few first episodes....and leave you with buch of love sick weirdos! YAWN....AAAH....

descent animation....descent fighting scenes.....ending was disappointing but not surprising atall since knowing how Oboro was a whimp, the ending was obvious on episode 16/17ish!
ummm.... u know this was supposed to be a tragedy in the vein of tristan and isolde and romeo and juliet. And i dont know what anime u were watching but Basilisk still is considered one of the best animated animes ever. then again ur just trolling, without justifying any of ur thoughts or opinions. to each his own.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 03:12   Link #19
Icehawk

The only thing I disliked about the ending was....

Spoiler:
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:18   Link #20
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
what about tenzens backround?
could please someone explain ?
Divine Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical