AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-24, 12:35   Link #5381
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, I read all of Volume 8 and and up to 14% of Chapter 2 in Volume 9. Tatenashi (Katana? she's named after a sword, huh?) just fell for our number one blockhead of blockheads, Orimura Ichika, and it seems like she doesn't understand how much of a blockhead he actually is unless I missed something.

And yeah, I get now: He witnessed their delusions of him in the World Purge and was embarrassed by them, which was why he started to avoid them at the end of Volume 8 - it's back to normal now, though. However, I can understand him avoiding the other four since their delusions were the embarrassing and ridiculous ones, but Houki? All she imagined was an Ichika who was much stronger than her in kendo, and thus also very amazing. There's nothing ridiculous there, and the only embarrassing part would be to think that she held him in such high regard in her delusions.

As for Houki's delusions in World Purge, though, I'm certainly bothered by the fact that there was nothing perverted. I get the feeling she'd even have trouble agreeing to "do it" with him on their first night, once they got married (if they do, which they might). I'm even worried she'd hit him a bit too much in her embarrassment. She's just too pure when it comes to this stuff, she tries to avoid anything indecent. Really worrisome.

All that said, though, does Ichika still not get how those five feel about him? Is he seriously that much of a blockhead? I think they should just come out and confess their feelings to him - the tsundere ones should just drop the Tsun-tsun attitude for a while while they're at it, too. And I also think that the Sarashiki sisters should confess their feelings to him, too.

Ichika's also more awkward and uncomfortable around the more beautiful girls because he isn't used it to, right? He gets even more awkward and embarrassed than the average guy would. I don't remember the reason he gave for it, but I do remember reading about that in Volume 7 or 8 somewhere.

As for the relationship between him and Chifuyu seeming like it might be more than a familial relationship really bothers me. Is he a siscon? Or does he just get conscious purely because of her body and nothing more (that in itself screams that he might be a siscon, but oh, well)?
Again the thing for ichika is that if you look at the feelings each of them are unreasonable. the other 4 for obvious reasons but Houki's tells of a different issue. She loved the Ichika that was into kendo the strong powerful Ichika. ichika has high expectations for himself but knowing that Houki whose a clear number 1 thinks of him as a kendo star which he can obviously never be hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Izuru just doesn't give a shit about the series anymore.
Frankly i think World purge is proof he never cared because there's an enormous amount of plot thats unfinished and it stinks of sloppiness and it has for a long time.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:52   Link #5382
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Izuru just doesn't give a shit about the series anymore.
Really? Maybe that he's on the vacation or something. I'm just waiting for the next volume to open. Izuru might plan something big for the story.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 12:57   Link #5383
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Really? Maybe that he's on the vacation or something. I'm just waiting for the next volume to open. Izuru might plan something big for the story.
> Izuru might plan something big for the story.
My fucking sides.
Izuru pretty much killed the series after his "more romcom" statement.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 15:32   Link #5384
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
My fucking sides.
If the series doesn't finish soon, then I might will quit. I really want Ichika's girl troubles and love problems to be solved.
Old 2015-05-24, 18:39   Link #5385
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Well, perhaps that the best way to solve this love problem is for them to come out and confess their feelings. Maybe that Ichika's afraid that these girls might not like him after all of this. What do you think?
They might not like him after what? Are you talking about the whole thing with Tatenashi right now?

And I hope someone other than Daupao picks this series up, since he uses the '「」' characters in place of double-quotes whenever a character is saying something, and puts double-quotes inside parentheses when a character is thinking something. It's too different from the normal, conventional way of doing it, and I have to especially pay attention and constantly think about the '「」' characters being for quotations. I don't like it. And I also can't say anything in a comment because the comment as to be moderated and he probably won't even reply to it.
Old 2015-05-24, 20:39   Link #5386
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
My fucking sides.
It depends. Izuru might actually envisioned this to be a romcom with a slice of action. But most of the fans thought of the opposite.

Fanservice need not to be mentioned since without it, this won't sell.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 20:47   Link #5387
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
It depends. Izuru might actually envisioned this to be a romcom with a slice of action. But most of the fans thought of the opposite.

Fanservice need not to be mentioned since without it, this won't sell.
> Implying
Do you know that the earlier volumes, which has pretty minimum fanservice for a haremshit, sell better?
Old 2015-05-24, 21:10   Link #5388
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
They might not like him after what? Are you talking about the whole thing with Tatenashi right now?

And I hope someone other than Daupao picks this series up, since he uses the '「」' characters in place of double-quotes whenever a character is saying something, and puts double-quotes inside parentheses when a character is thinking something. It's too different from the normal, conventional way of doing it, and I have to especially pay attention and constantly think about the '「」' characters being for quotations. I don't like it. And I also can't say anything in a comment because the comment as to be moderated and he probably won't even reply to it.
Its isn't about the Tatenashi thing. I meant to say is that Ichika might be afraid that these girls might not like him after the whole World Purge thing.
Old 2015-05-24, 22:24   Link #5389
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> Implying
Do you know that the earlier volumes, which has pretty minimum fanservice for a haremshit, sell better?
Yup. It was the time when the story is still solid, with a lot of potential. Until Izuru decides to troll us by fucking up the flow.

And so, as the story went downhill, he relied on fanservice more and more to sell this.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 22:27   Link #5390
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Yup. It was the time when the story is still solid, with a lot of potential. Until Izuru decides to troll us by fucking up the flow.

And so, as the story went downhill, he relied on fanservice more and more to sell this.
I see. So Izuru, the creator of IS, just trolling us as we waited for the next volume of the light novel for so long. That's not cool.
Old 2015-05-25, 13:47   Link #5391
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Its isn't about the Tatenashi thing. I meant to say is that Ichika might be afraid that these girls might not like him after the whole World Purge thing.
I doubt that they'd hate him for what happened in or after the World Purge incident. They're just unhappy that he didn't forget about what he witnessed in there like they wanted him to, but that's all (they're embarrassed by it, too, and wanted him to forget what he saw and heard, but he couldn't forget about it). If he does think they'd hate him because of what happened in or after the World Purge incident, or because he didn't forget what he saw and heard even though they wanted him to, then he's just being paranoid.

Edit:
@ImperialFlameGod8190: I guess I missed your post before now; my bad. Anyway, yeah, you're right about Houki setting the bar way to high for him by imagining him as a kendo star which he can never be. Well, actually, I hope he can live up to it, but right now it seems like there's no hope for it whatsoever (because he doesn't take kendo classes anymore).

Anyway, since this series hasn't been licensed in English yet, there's still hope for Baka-Tsuki continuing to work on it, so if there's anyone on here who knows Japanese, hopefully that person will take it up and continue translating, and hopefully it'll also be uploaded to Baka-Tsuki.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2015-05-25 at 15:06.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 16:08   Link #5392
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
That is utterly idiotic if anything the girls are the ones who are more afraid because they found out what they really think about him and a lot of it is embarassing. the girls are the ones who should be worried.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 18:07   Link #5393
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
I doubt that they'd hate him for what happened in or after the World Purge incident. They're just unhappy that he didn't forget about what he witnessed in there like they wanted him to, but that's all (they're embarrassed by it, too, and wanted him to forget what he saw and heard, but he couldn't forget about it). If he does think they'd hate him because of what happened in or after the World Purge incident, or because he didn't forget what he saw and heard even though they wanted him to, then he's just being paranoid.

Edit:
@ImperialFlameGod8190: I guess I missed your post before now; my bad. Anyway, yeah, you're right about Houki setting the bar way to high for him by imagining him as a kendo star which he can never be. Well, actually, I hope he can live up to it, but right now it seems like there's no hope for it whatsoever (because he doesn't take kendo classes anymore).

Anyway, since this series hasn't been licensed in English yet, there's still hope for Baka-Tsuki continuing to work on it, so if there's anyone on here who knows Japanese, hopefully that person will take it up and continue translating, and hopefully it'll also be uploaded to Baka-Tsuki.
Well that's a relief. Its too bad now he start to avoid them. But apparently Laura and Charlotte caught up to him as they wanted to have Ichika for themselves. It got to be some hope for him to mature.
Old 2015-05-25, 18:25   Link #5394
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, actually, it looks like he only avoids them at the end of Volume 8. He seems to be okay with talking to them in what little I've read of Volume 9, though.
Old 2015-06-03, 19:29   Link #5395
lovetospoon73

so its been a week since vol 10 was "released" & we haven't got squat yet, so i'm guessing vol 10 release on memorial day was a bunch of crap, or we'll have to wait a while, i just hope the same will happen with vol 9, where we waited a long time for english translation
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 21:02   Link #5396
Chaos-Zero

I know. I've been dying to see what Ichika and his harem up to in the ninth volume since then.
Old 2015-06-05, 04:38   Link #5397
Stark42

July 25th.
http://blog.over-lap.co.jp/?p=9487
Stark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 05:36   Link #5398
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark42 View Post
...okay Madoka fans, are you happy now?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 06:04   Link #5399
nicoshitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark42 View Post
OMG IS lives!

Is it me or the cover looks different compared to the previous ones?
nicoshitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 07:13   Link #5400
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... So, the Kyoto battle took more than 1 year to finalize - Since Izuru laid the idea for the last episodes of season 2,
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen