AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-08-29, 23:46   Link #61
jethrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainysky
just started watching, up to ep3, don't really like the design of the mechs or characters in this series, don't get me wrong i like gundam (models) but just not for this series...

but a lot of you guys say the story is good, i don't exactly get whats going on... so far i get..rolan and his 2 other friends are from the moon but during that ceremony the people from the moon attack? and rolan defends the town from them...is that right?
It's a lot like reading a great novel, like The Book of the New Sun or Lord of Light...not everything is clear at first. THe sole recap episode (17) clears a lot of this up.

Spoiler:

dunno if any of that helps...

a lot of what doesn't make sense now, like the way the mecha are just lying around inside mountains oerfectly preserrved, and actions of characters will make much more sense by the end.
jethrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 05:32   Link #62
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Isn't Turn A Gundam Licsensed?!

Or am I mistaken?
Why is it on Animesuki? I thought I'd never find Turn A gundam sub \=.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 05:37   Link #63
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you can find any evidence that it has been licensed we'll remove it from the site so fast it will stun you. If you can't find evidence then you're just guessing. We don't mark anything licensed because of a guess.

We might be mistaken, but we can't find evidence that we are, so it stays.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 08:21   Link #64
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Oh Ok then if its not licsensed...
I've heard from people telling me its lic, and I didn't see it on Animesuki in the past so I thought it was licsesnsed lol...

^_^ Horray.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 01:51   Link #65
solomon

I love playing futile tunes..

Anyways, anyone else out there seen it, i've been watching 5 eps and i'm hooked. It feels lighter and more earthreal then tomnio's UC stuff, but it's just as well handeled.
And i think the mech designs are awesome (YES EVEN THE MOUSTACHE)!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 04:26   Link #66
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I still have yet to see the series, but I've been wanting to for years. I've always liked the Turn A design. It's such a cool reimagining of the common Gundam. It's not a bunch of rectangles and triangles, it's completely curved, sleek, and just looks really futuristic. Anyway, is there any way for me to see the series? I saw a bad bootleg collection on Ebay about a year ago, but that's about it. I know Turn A hasn't been released State-side, so no DVD's there. Where are you guys getting the episodes?

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 12:07   Link #67
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/471.html

Might help to start with checking this site itself?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 02:06   Link #68
JediNight
キズランダム

Bit of a necrobump, but this IS the Turn-A discussion thread:

I'm just continuing to watch Turn-A now after stopping at Ep25 for like a year. Currently at Ep31 and damn, I am SO confused between Kihel and Dianna now. Since they both act the same now and think "verbally" as either one depending on the situation, it's hard to keep them straight as to which one is where. Especially when the other characters are also variably either fooled or following the charade or not fooled, to further confuse you x_X

I wonder about the TL though, anyone know if its like a double-TL from a Chinese or Korean script or something? Because some of the lines are completely made up. Like one char says "It's a ship!" and the sub read "Look, in the ocean!" or something along those lines
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 02:15   Link #69
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

I was also confused about who was who at this point if i remember, but after awhile it becomes clear once
Spoiler:

Also, i mentioned this in another Turn A thread while back that no one got to. But, i think old man Sid is a tribute to Syd Mead, designer of most of the mecha. Because like, he's old just like Mr.Mead, and he is very into the mechanics and excavating, and of course the similarity in name.
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 03:14   Link #70
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I wonder about the TL though, anyone know if its like a double-TL from a Chinese or Korean script or something? Because some of the lines are completely made up. Like one char says "It's a ship!" and the sub read "Look, in the ocean!" or something along those lines
I'm thinking the same as well. But as I went on watching, they started to get more accurate. Possibly with the politics out of the way, and the action starting, I guess it kind of got easier to translate. As far as I'm concerned, the off-subs are but a slight annoyance, since I have some intermediate Japanese knowledge. I'd say those were pretty much inconsequential towards the overall story as well.

So yeah, kudos to HL finishing this godly show irregardless. Kihel and Dianna switching, and its subsequent events, is some of the best plot I've ever seen.

We need more people watching this dammit.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 03:47   Link #71
JediNight
キズランダム

Btw: Harry Ord is fscking badass

Old 2008-03-12, 05:04   Link #72
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Harry reminds me of Graham Acre in Gundam 00!

Actually I think they should make another Gundam series like Turn A, or at least a game. The fantasy-esque setting is so beautiful, it's like the most un-gundam gundam you can ever get.

But I know Bandai would probably never take such a risk again.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 05:51   Link #73
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I'm just continuing to watch Turn-A now after stopping at Ep25 for like a year. Currently at Ep31 and damn, I am SO confused between Kihel and Dianna now. Since they both act the same now and think "verbally" as either one depending on the situation, it's hard to keep them straight as to which one is where. Especially when the other characters are also variably either fooled or following the charade or not fooled, to further confuse you x_X
Its quite easy to tell between Kihel and Dianna, actually. Kihel's eyes have a sparkle on them, while Dianna is in permanent SEED mode.

If you recognize this, there should be no confusion. (the skin tone difference is true too, but sometimes its hard to tell the difference in colors when they aren't standing side by side)
Old 2008-03-12, 20:37   Link #74
ths1138

Quote:
Do I assume you refer to HL's subs? Because if not, then I'd have to go back and review my own scripts again. Sometime I wish I have someone else who knew Japanese helping me QC my own translations. ^_^;;;

- ths1138 (#anime-gundam)
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 21:18   Link #75
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

i never watched Turn A cuz didnt like the mech design. Some how started to watch it last night, right now i am on Ep 8, it's pretty good so far
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 21:32   Link #76
sword.impulse

Astrana, it'll only get better. Great to have another convert
Old 2008-03-12, 22:07   Link #77
Slappy9901

I would love to read the novelized Turn A. I've heard that a version of the Psycho Gundam makes an appearance as the "black doll".
Slappy9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:10   Link #78
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword.impulse View Post
Astrana, it'll only get better. Great to have another convert
hahaha thanks, i am thinking about getting a MG Turn A next, looks like a good model. I like the plot, it's something different than the traditional gundam. the story is kidna similar with Nadesico thou.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:58   Link #79
sword.impulse

yes.... the MG is VERY worth it.

Mine.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-13, 00:53   Link #80
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
i never watched Turn A cuz didnt like the mech design. Some how started to watch it last night, right now i am on Ep 8, it's pretty good so far
The mech designs grow on you after awhile. Although the WaDoms are pretty fugly. The show really isn't about the mechs very much though.

And as long as you watch it with an open mind not comparing it to any other Gundam show and treat it just like a normal show, it's pretty enjoyable.