AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 08:54   Link #2221
Homura7

^Hmm... but isn't a manga what we are discussing here? It's not like you can use the word reality honestly when each one has "it's" reality. But the memory loss is not just about reality but logic, and the established logic says Medaka will keep her personality mood like Naze did despite having lost her memories. No need to further that since in a few chapters or so we are gonna see how the new Medaka will be.

Also, do you think some traits of hers could change and many if not all her flaws could be removed? If she stays with Zen, I believe she could become a fine woman. Afterall, Zen is a normal student, and has no flaws.

Quote:
Oh, and no parents or home life. None of these kids seem to have them, except for Shiranui, who has her grandfather. You would think the parents would be worried that their kids are going to school with superhuman freaks of nature.
Showing everyone's parents so early in the story is not something many manga-ka bother doing, and when they do that, it's because the presence of the parents is fundamental in the plot. Wether they show them or not is neither good, nor bad, but it would be good if Nishio shows at least a parent of some of the students, so we can see what do they think about having their children alongside the so called superhuman freaks.

Though now I remember, everyone in that class is AB blood. It's like... that school center is meant only for these type of students, and the parents pretty much had to have some kind of involvement.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-06 at 09:16.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:29   Link #2222
Homura7

Scanlation for ch.43 is out.

Damn, Naze is scary as hell, and too cruel. After seeing Akune so pissed, I can pretty much assert that the memory loss wil change Medaka for good.
Old 2010-04-08, 10:28   Link #2223
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, can anyone tell me why Nishio once again forgot an very important plot point and completely contradicted himself? All throughout the manga, Medaka has been denying that she's abnormal, that she's just a normal girl that just tries hard. Now, she's suddenly saying that she is abnormal and is even saying that stuff just comes easy? I don't get it.
Old 2010-04-08, 11:18   Link #2224
Homura7

Looks like you missed how throught her fights against Unzen sis, the King and Hardwrapping she acknowledged her abnormailty in the end, but as always kept her pet theory: "There's no genius".

So tell me, did you really read all the scanlations so far?

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-08 at 12:05.
Old 2010-04-08, 12:15   Link #2225
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yes. After her fight with Unzen, she still told the Chairman she was just a normal girl who tried hard. After her super Dragon Ball like attack on Hard Wrapping, she said she was a normal girl once again when she fell over. This came out of the blue and actually wasn't built up to at all.
Old 2010-04-08, 13:00   Link #2226
Homura7

Ok, got it, I've just checked her last real fight and you're right (damn, I missed).

Even so, how's what she says a contradiction, KLG?

To me it looks more like that the shoot that normalized her for a while made Medaka acknowledge her abnormality, because she felt heavy and mindless and not in her everyday fitness. You can say it wasn't build up, but there are sudden developments that don't need a build up, right?

Well, not like it matters anymore now she has lost her memories. Smart move, Nishio.
Old 2010-04-08, 13:00   Link #2227
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yes. After her fight with Unzen, she still told the Chairman she was just a normal girl who tried hard. After her super Dragon Ball like attack on Hard Wrapping, she said she was a normal girl once again when she fell over. This came out of the blue and actually wasn't built up to at all.
Isn't the entire point of the Unzen fight is to admit she's an abnormal?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 13:09   Link #2228
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Instead of saying he's forgotten a plot point or that he's contradicting himself, why don't you try to look at it as him giving Medaka room to grow as a character. Despite all her abilities she's obviously not perfect and will never be perfect. She's partially in denial about something she doesn't want to accept. Get over it.

There's also the point that the word "normal" isn't defined the same way each and every time it's been mentioned in this manga. When someone calls themselves or someone else "normal" you have to look at the context and how they're trying to apply the word.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 13:22   Link #2229
Homura7

And by no means that can be called a contradicting point, because otherwise Naze still remembering about her sis and her bro despite having lost her memories should be a contradicting point too, but...

There are things that can be guessed by the readers themselves, and our intuntion tells that Naze found things about her real name and her family just after losing her memories, but as said by herself, she doesn't remember them.
Old 2010-04-08, 13:23   Link #2230
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Get over it? Good job of bashing me because I have a different viewpoint.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that for 40+ chapters Medaka has been denying her abnormality, pawning everything off as "trying hard" and denying that there's a such thing as genius, then suddenly, out of nowhere, accepts it like nothing. I know she was in denial. It was one of the few things that made her character interesting for me. For her to suddenly stop doing that and start talking about her abnormal abilities and how everything comes easily... it's like all that denial she had before suddenly meant nothing. There was no character growth here... Just a sudden and jarring change or beliefs.
Old 2010-04-08, 13:27   Link #2231
Homura7

^
Spoiler for spoiler:

Well, you can interpret it the way you want. Maybe it was because it's her big sis? Whatever, if you checked the spoiler, we can say there's no point of discussing about that anymore, right?

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-08 at 14:06.
Old 2010-04-08, 14:07   Link #2232
Homura7

Looking at previous chapters, I don't think it's a contradiction because there hasn't been any other one. And no, don't try to bring the Nabeshima one!

The way I look at the situation, it can be because it's her big sis, and she said she would believe her no matter what nonetheless, or maybe as a result of the many times she has been called abnormal... I will go for the first one, big sis influence.

And sorry for the doublepost, but while in the middle of this discussion that goes nowhere, the new raw is already out:

http://www.raw-paradise.com/

Whoever said Nishio would do 1 vs 1, WRONG.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-08 at 14:36.
Old 2010-04-08, 14:23   Link #2233
Iron21

Kikaijima time.

She has her hair down.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:04   Link #2234
Sol Falling

Regarding the Medaka thinking/not thinking she's abnormal issue: I think that may be related to why she was able to stand up again/block Koga at all. Medaka said she was 'built differently' from her brother i.e. other abnormals, and Naze herself commented on the absurdity of Medaka being able to stand. At the moment, I'm getting the impression that Medaka's comments about not being a genius, being a normal girl, etc. are not purely delusion after all.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 18:39   Link #2235
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Kikaijima time.

She has her hair down.
Hell yeah! She should keep that look.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 20:46   Link #2236
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Kikaijima time.

She has her hair down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Hell yeah! She should keep that look.
Indeed. She should, and without the glasses plus the determined look... very, very hot.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:45   Link #2237
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Those new Class 13 members don't seem human...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 07:53   Link #2238
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Any abnormal can't be called human.

But let's recap...

Spoiler for spoiler:

And there are two who have not shown their abnormality yet.
Old 2010-04-09, 08:39   Link #2239
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It's turning into One Piece in terms of over the top powers.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 09:05   Link #2240
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It's turning into One Piece in terms of over the top powers.
Except One Piece is presented as fantasy. This is just good ol' fashioned over the top. I can't wait for the anime. >_>

Trans for 44 are out.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council