AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 20:07   Link #4341
Qikz

Kind of funny really, I prefer Kohta and Saya to Shouji and Daisuke.

Maybe it's because we've gotten used to them, but to be fair, Shouji looks really hot in the bangbus scenes. Hmmm.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:16   Link #4342
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Why does Takashi have a thing with the only two girls that can fight?

Kohta kind of has a thing with Saya even though she thinks she has a thing with Takashi. Shizuka seems like she could go into his harem. Kohta gets the nerdy girls and the older chicks while Takashi has spear and sword girl?

One hogs the fighters and the other hogs the ones with the important support skills like MEDICINE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
emp against zombies? Is it just me not seeing the point? How does taking away electronics affect the enemy that are blind to begin with?

Or is it a side effect from the nuke, kinda like in modern warfare 2?
I don't think the EMP is what they intended... EMP probably happens because the nuke went MW2. Someone hit the kill switch on WW3. A missile got blown up in the atmosphere by a star wars satellite, land based missile defense system, or someone hit the cancel codes to the nuke.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-09-13 at 20:28.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:20   Link #4343
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
emp against zombies? Is it just me not seeing the point? How does taking away electronics affect the enemy that are blind to begin with?

Or is it a side effect from the nuke, kinda like in modern warfare 2?
Nuclear weapons are known to produce an electromagnetic pulse. We did see both Russia and the USA launch an all-out nuclear attack at the end of the last episode, which means most other nuclear powers probably followed suit. I'm sure there is no shortage of strategic targets around Tokyo. In fact, it's somewhat of a miracle that our heroes are still alive in the preview to feel the aftereffects
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:24   Link #4344
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Heh, this was a funny episode overall.
[SPOILER="The adult, the snake and a bomb."]It was funny how the masses living at Takagi's house are still so ignorant the living dead and trying to act all mighty in front of the young adults. They really need to wake and smell the ashes about how things won't being going back to the way things were.
!!
Simply because it's unbelievable. From what I recall in episode one, zombies and such were simply science fiction. Now all of a sudden its happening all over the place at such a rapid pace.

They don't want to believe it, they're in shock.

Quote:
Nuclear weapons are known to produce an electromagnetic pulse. We did see both Russia and the USA launch an all-out nuclear attack at the end of the last episode, which means most other nuclear powers probably followed suit. I'm sure there is no shortage of strategic targets around Tokyo. In fact, it's somewhat of a miracle that our heroes are still alive in the preview to feel the aftereffects
I really hope this wouldn't happen in the real world. Armaggeddon all over the place and the only thing they can think of is nuking each other.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:24   Link #4345
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
In fact, it's somewhat of a miracle that our heroes are still alive in the preview to feel the aftereffects
High altitude nuke blast wouldn't have any destructive effect on the ground, vice versa ground blast actually produce much less EMP.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:26   Link #4346
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Kind of funny really, I prefer Kohta and Saya to Shouji and Daisuke.

Maybe it's because we've gotten used to them, but to be fair, Shouji looks really hot in the bangbus scenes. Hmmm.
What in the world are you talking about?

Shouji and Daisuke are the names of the artist and the writer, dude.
Their names are on the pictures because those are their commentary panels.
Old 2010-09-13, 20:27   Link #4347
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
High altitude nuke blast wouldn't have any destructive effect on the ground, vice versa ground blast actually produce much less EMP.
What I'm saying is, it's a miracle that a nuke did not explode right in their faces. God knows there are enough nukes flying around at this moment to wipe every city off the face of the planet thrice over
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:33   Link #4348
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
What in the world are you talking about?

Shouji and Daisuke are the names of the artist and the writer, dude.
Their names are on the pictures because those are their commentary panels.
Woops! That'll teach me for looking at stuff when I'm tired.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:40   Link #4349
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Let me correct you that Rei went out with Hisashi first, before that incident between Saeko and Komuro happened. All bets are off, but if you're going to blame someone, blame Rei first. If you really like the guy you show the guy that you care for him. You don't berate him and insult him, because anyone being done that would feel bad.

Takashi pretty much ignored her for those years after doing that promise. Rei saw he wouldn't even try. Relationships are like friendships in the sense that for a friendship to work, both people have to do an equal amount of mutual effort to keep things going well and work things out. If one person is the only one trying, what's the point? I've known this with past friendships and I can say Rei fell like trash pretty much. Failing a grade, as said before, is a pretty big deal over there, especially when she's an A student and always does her work, also things with her dad considering how close she is to him also did damage to her. So of course, seeing Takashi wouldn't do anything but come back with a curious nose as to why she failed the grade, she held onto Hisashi, because he was the only person who tried to understand her. And for all these years their relationship has been strained and they have barely talked to each other, now is when they can communicate their honest feelings to each other, because back then, they were just kids. And that's why Rei shamefully admits basically that she didn't exactly love Hisashi, not like she has always loved Takashi, and she was really honest in this episode/part of the manga, she pretty much has ever since they've started talking again when the whole thing started.

Sorry if I'm sounding like i'm arguing or debating, I'm a bit used to this. XD I'm not trying to make you mad or anything but those are my two cents there.

I just think Rei is such a realistic character and she's not a bad person when you put yourself in her shoes and understand her. She's taken things a lot better than a lot of people would at her age, imo. She also tries to fix her mistakes on her own which I think is an admirable thing, but that's just me. D : I know she's hated a lot, even if she's like the third most popular character in HoTD and 4th on the Top Manga Characters List and stuff.

Can't wait for next week's episode. I don't think there'll be an anime only ending, judging by how things are going. Uh, I hope not, at least. :c

I also thought at first things were about rape and stuff, but they were different. And those sketches are pretty interesting, how a character's look changes over time as the mangaka develops more ideas. XD
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:59   Link #4350
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Why does Takashi have a thing with the only two girls that can fight?
'cause he's the japanese equivelant of red-neck

Quote:
What I'm saying is, it's a miracle that a nuke did not explode right in their faces. God knows there are enough nukes flying around at this moment to wipe every city off the face of the planet thrice over
I think plot armour covers collateral damage

So none is surprised by Saeko's reaction, and all are enchanted by the tsundere
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 21:07   Link #4351
Seiryuu

A lot of things are coming to a head it seems, though we still have no idea what is causing this to happen. Among it, one character's role has been solidified. From this moment on, Alice is one thing and one thing only: the ultimate MASCOT. The image of Alizeke is priceless.

BTW, as I understand it nukes always produce a powerful EMP, though generally it's meaningless for the majority of the effected area on account of the fact that the electronic devices have melted and evaporated. I believe there's been work done on either extending the pulse or creating weapons and/or missiles that produce little or no explosion but instead simply produce an EMP large enough to cripple a city. It's a way to take out the enemy without annihilating them. And if they have it, that's what they'd probably use, since the entire idea is to disable the military capabilities of any country that might try to use the country's weakness and governmental chaos to conquer or destroy. In the current situation, an EMP weapon would be preferable imho, since they're not trying to defeat their enemies or anything like that, just make sure that their enemies can't attack them.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 21:09   Link #4352
Hypernova

Quote:
1st strike usually go for the military targets first so its not surprising.
Old 2010-09-13, 21:53   Link #4353
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Pieced together this image of Saeko from ep11:

Spoiler for Space:
I am surprised that no one pointed out that in this shot, Saeko seemingly had a breast reduction op while in the mansion... It just strikes me as funny that, one ep away from the end, and now they decide to draw Saeko to her actual proportions.
Old 2010-09-13, 21:55   Link #4354
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 11

Just finished the episode and though some changes in a couple of scenes occurred and there were some changes in dialog im quite happy.

Shidou is still a douche and his little converts have been corrupted to the point where they probably can no longer be helped. I wish they had shown the entire scene leading up to the student being kicked off the bus and eaten by "them" The anime version felt watered down. In the manga the scene not only showed Shidou cruelty but it also showed how he has managed to pass that cruelty on to the students and how he encourages their "special" time. Over the all the scene worked just not as well as i had hoped.

Takashi finally takes his official role as leader and even acknowledged by Saya's dad except for the remark about "his heart wavering" its a shame that we wont get to see what he means since there is only 1 episode left they will have to show it in season 2. Despite being a rag tag group of high schoolers in all honestly it was Takashi that held them together and each one of them acknowledge that including Saya.

We also get to see the beginnings of some of the mass hysteria that takes places when a situation like this arises. That women got everyone else worked up they are not exactly stable and she is making it worse. This is why i agree with Saya's dad method it may seem cruel but it works and keeps as many people alive as possible.

Iv said it before and ill say it again. Sakeo in a Kimono is pure win. Saeko in battle garb ready to kick ass with sword should be etched in all eye lids lol. Her and Rei's little confrentation was perfectly done. Does Saeko know whats shes doing mostly likely not but Rei sees her as threat and for good reason. Just because Takashi got a little boob from Rei doesnt make it the end game Saeko is still in there deep and Rei knows it.

NUKES!!!!! need i say more.

Rei has more of a heart than i do because i hate that guy with a passion as his character is suppose to be hated. Its funny it Rei would have killed him in the end Rei would have proved Shidou right. But to say "hes not worth killing" was the most fitting insult to person who has a ego as large as his. He was embarrassed yet again by a high school girl. Me on the other hand i would not have killed him thats too easy i would have stabbed him the leg or the arm to make it a little harder for him to escape if the zombies came around.

So sad its almost over it went by so quickly looking forward to the final episode please let them do this episode right.

btw i dont think those Astronauts are getting home anytime soon. Then again why the hell would you want to come back to earth. Will there be anything to come back too after all those nukes were launched.
Old 2010-09-13, 21:55   Link #4355
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I am surprised that no one pointed out that in this shot, Saeko seemingly had a breast reduction op while in the mansion... It just strikes me as funny that, one ep away from the end, and now they decide to draw Saeko to her actual proportions.
I noticed this as well o.o.... When they were going to save Alice, her breasts could just make anyone go *nose-bleed* just by looking at it. Now its just a minor *nose-bleed*, it seems the anime is going less-ecchi for a finisher apparently.
Old 2010-09-13, 22:05   Link #4356
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Why's this gotta end in one more episode?

D:

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:06   Link #4357
proelite
Blue Devil

Dead Storm Rising.

I don't know if the studios were directly referencing Tom Clancy or it's just the subbers.
Old 2010-09-13, 22:22   Link #4358
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

lol the nuke launch was on the wrong countries?

As for the breast reduction, probably that happened after she went into Takashi's room. She was milked and needs to replenish j/k

Anyways where's Shizuka when the adults where ganging up on the kids to support them, oh well probably she's doing her duty as a nurse. The HOTD gang did what is needed to survive anyways.
Also love the rpg "look out" the gang very accurate. :heh; Hirano as an Archer!
Old 2010-09-13, 22:37   Link #4359
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
Takashi pretty much ignored her for those years after doing that promise. Rei saw he wouldn't even try. Relationships are like friendships in the sense that for a friendship to work, both people have to do an equal amount of mutual effort to keep things going well and work things out. If one person is the only one trying, what's the point? I've known this with past friendships and I can say Rei fell like trash pretty much. Failing a grade, as said before, is a pretty big deal over there, especially when she's an A student and always does her work, also things with her dad considering how close she is to him also did damage to her. So of course, seeing Takashi wouldn't do anything but come back with a curious nose as to why she failed the grade, she held onto Hisashi, because he was the only person who tried to understand her. And for all these years their relationship has been strained and they have barely talked to each other, now is when they can communicate their honest feelings to each other, because back then, they were just kids. And that's why Rei shamefully admits basically that she didn't exactly love Hisashi, not like she has always loved Takashi, and she was really honest in this episode/part of the manga, she pretty much has ever since they've started talking again when the whole thing started.

Sorry if I'm sounding like i'm arguing or debating, I'm a bit used to this. XD I'm not trying to make you mad or anything but those are my two cents there.

I just think Rei is such a realistic character and she's not a bad person when you put yourself in her shoes and understand her. She's taken things a lot better than a lot of people would at her age, imo. She also tries to fix her mistakes on her own which I think is an admirable thing, but that's just me. D : I know she's hated a lot, even if she's like the third most popular character in HoTD and 4th on the Top Manga Characters List and stuff.

Can't wait for next week's episode. I don't think there'll be an anime only ending, judging by how things are going. Uh, I hope not, at least. :c

I also thought at first things were about rape and stuff, but they were different. And those sketches are pretty interesting, how a character's look changes over time as the mangaka develops more ideas. XD
If you truly, honestly, like someone, sex, position, or happenstance will not limit you from chasing him or her. I haven't seen this from Rei. I've only seen her react because of Saeko's presence to the group, but never to initiate. This wouldn't even be an issue if she just acted in the first place, way before she even thought about dating Hisashi, right?

Takashi's a great guy from what I could see, but he's not someone who's open with his feelings (even post-apocalypse). If Rei really knew that Takashi liked her, and she liked him, she would have opened herself up to him and told him her problems. Instead, she usually berates Takashi about her problems and about her problems with him. What self-respecting man would stick with that?

I could fail a grade, feel really bad, but if I truly loved a girl I won't mind whatever the obstacles are. That's why unconditional love is about. I don't see that from Rei, and that's why I hope Saeko ends up with Takashi.

Case in point, episode 11.

Saeko knew Rei was flirting around with Takashi, having heard the voices. Remember that something happened between them in the past few days before their arrival in the mansion. Does she act like a prissy bitch?

No. In fact, she played it cool. She waited for them to finish, and then entered. That's the sign of true understanding: she understood that Rei and Takashi had a past together and that the cultural rules upheld pre-apocalypse were no longer in place. This was with someone who may have had sex with her.

But she loves the guy - she accepts that as having happened, but looks forward to the future. That's the sign of love: it's not berating, it's not violent. It's just love.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:44   Link #4360
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
btw i dont think those Astronauts are getting home anytime soon. Then again why the hell would you want to come back to earth. Will there be anything to come back too after all those nukes were launched.
Without resupply from earth they don't have much time to live. While air and water can be recycled their food would run out pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Anyways where's Shizuka when the adults where ganging up on the kids to support them, oh well probably she's doing her duty as a nurse. The HOTD gang did what is needed to survive anyways.
Also love the rpg "look out" the gang very accurate. :heh; Hirano as an Archer!
I don't think she can help given her type.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse