AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 15:01   Link #1741
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
One problem I've always had with the art style from the anime, is that when you stand the male/female characters it's really striking how disproportionately sized their heads are to each other.
Old 2010-11-17, 00:29   Link #1742
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
One problem I've always had with the art style from the anime, is that when you stand the male/female characters it's really striking how disproportionately sized their heads are to each other.
And eyes. And mouths, to a lesser and inverse effect. It's just the nature of the art style. Females get larger heads and eyes, and slightly smaller mouths (except when talking loudly). Males get more realistic proportions.
Old 2010-11-17, 02:56   Link #1743
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Kadokawa hired Sam Pinansky to work on the translation. He's worked on various other anime throughout the past couple of years that's been on DVDs and on Crunchyroll. I agree that these subtitles were very good and I hope Bandai chooses his rather than incurring the additional expense of re-translating the film.

The Japanese release will not have subtitles unlike the Haruhi-chan and BD-Box. Bandai's North American and Manga UK's United Kingdom releases in the spring/summer of next year will have subtitles and the official dub. Since they have not be included on any solicitation from either company, we don't know any more than that.
Thanks for the info again Are you sure you aren't actually Koizumi in disguise?

Quote:
Final versions for the LEs are out thanks to Amazon. Click on the image for the bigger version.
Limited Edition Blu-Ray:
New Noizi Ito art?
Old 2010-11-17, 05:25   Link #1744
Peanutbutter

Just saw the movie myself, at an indie theatre here.

The subs were really nicely-done. I'll give it a 90% (still a few minor grammars here and there, but it's all good in the end).

I'll now define Yuki as a kuudere.
Old 2010-11-17, 06:57   Link #1745
Rungelunge

Reading this REVIEW

It seems a russian company speed dubbed the movie with only one voice actor. WTF?
Old 2010-11-17, 09:10   Link #1746
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And eyes. And mouths, to a lesser and inverse effect. It's just the nature of the art style. Females get larger heads and eyes, and slightly smaller mouths (except when talking loudly). Males get more realistic proportions.
The mouths and the eye's don't bother me. I'm pretty much used to that and it is a good way to establish male/female differences when you've got something particularly stylized. Girls have bigger eye's/slighter facial features. I get this.

The bigger head thing just comes off as weird to me. I know allot of art styles gives their females proportionally bigger heads, but something seems to get really off when their heads are actually physically bigger than the males. It just comes off as weird that the girls would be given bigger body proportions than the guys. Normally you'd think they'd be about equal.

You can look at some of Noizi Itou's illustrations to get a better sense of how the characters would look next to each other given their proportions.
Spoiler for Itou:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rungelunge View Post
Reading this REVIEW

It seems a russian company speed dubbed the movie with only one voice actor. WTF?
That's odd. Especially considering the very high quality nature of the series dub.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-17 at 12:05. Reason: Danbooru hates hotlinking...
Old 2010-11-17, 11:31   Link #1747
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Russian television is generally dubbed with only a couple of voice actors, with the original speech still audible underneath. In the Soviet Union most foreign movies to be officially released were dubbed. However, with the fall of the regime many popular foreign movies, previously forbidden or at least questionable under communist rule, started to flood in, in the form of low-quality home-copied videos. Being unofficial releases, they were dubbed in a very primitive way, e.g., the translator spoke the text directly over the audio of a video being copied, using primitive equipment. The quality of the resulting dub was very low, the translated phrases were off-sync, interfered with the original voices, background sounds leaked into the track, translation was inaccurate and most importantly, all dub voices were made by a single person and usually lacked the intonation of the original, making comprehension of some scenes quite difficult. In modern Russia, the overdubbing technique is still used in many cases, although with vastly improved quality and now with multiple voice actors dubbing different original voices.
I've heard of this kind of dubbing where one guy just voices everything in relation to Russian and Ukrainian television before.
Old 2010-11-18, 02:19   Link #1748
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Final versions for the LEs are out thanks to Amazon. Click on the image for the bigger version.
Limited Edition Blu-Ray:
]
The bow is supposed to be grey. Just saying. >_>
Old 2010-11-18, 04:20   Link #1749
blooglah24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
The bow is supposed to be grey. Just saying. >_>
Actually, the gray bow is a creation of the anime, kind of like Nagato's blue socks. Noizi Itou's always drawn the bow that colour, just like she's never drawn Nagato's socks blue.

The little inconsistencies don't really matter much, but they're always fun to point out.
Old 2010-11-18, 12:11   Link #1750
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
According to Kofic the movie earned 174,895,500 won (12,931,648 JPY, 154,567 USD, 113,423 EUR) to place 9th on the Korean Box Office this past weekend. 11,007 people saw the movie over the weekend and 12,439 total have seen it to Sunday. It was only 0.9% of all movies shown over the weekend, but had the highest seat occupancy (people per showing) of all movies.

Taiwan reported only two weekends of information for the movie, but it grossed $47,738 USD (3,990,889 JPY, 1,450,515 TWD) over the two weekends. The last showing will occur later today.

Russia did not report any information from their showings.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-11-18, 14:45   Link #1751
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm to used to western box office standards to really understand whether that meant it did good or not...
Old 2010-11-18, 16:49   Link #1752
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm to used to western box office standards to really understand whether that meant it did good or not...
If the numbers are true, it didn't do too badly since it was 9th/11th in Taiwan and 9th in South Korea, which is right on line with how it did in Japan. What I'm curious about is that Box Office Mojo only lists 3 theatres for Taiwan when it had 8 listed on the official sites.

Also, the official listing updated to include the final two jacket arts (Blu-Ray and DVD common editions):

Old 2010-11-20, 18:06   Link #1753
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Which among you guys bought the Limited DVD with a bookmark and a telephone card?
Old 2010-11-21, 13:47   Link #1754
Blayne Barudorii

How soon until the english dub dvd release?
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-11-21, 16:02   Link #1755
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
As far as I know, no date has been announced, but it will very likely be in the Spring of 2011 for the U.S

It comes out on DVD in Japan on December 18th and animation releases tend to take four to six months to come over here so... maybe April or May 2011.

I will be sure to pre-order the DVD once it becomes listed on Amazon or the like.

If I missed anything, I'm sure someone can add to this answer.
Old 2010-11-21, 16:19   Link #1756
konart

15 minutes since I came from Disappearence screening(Moscow, Russia).
Such a great pleasure to watch a great movie on a big screen :3
Old 2010-11-22, 00:07   Link #1757
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
As far as I know, no date has been announced, but it will very likely be in the Spring of 2011 for the U.S

It comes out on DVD in Japan on December 18th and animation releases tend to take four to six months to come over here so... maybe April or May 2011.

I will be sure to pre-order the DVD once it becomes listed on Amazon or the like.

If I missed anything, I'm sure someone can add to this answer.
My guess is July 7th.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:21   Link #1758
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
As has been said, "Spring 2011," according to Bandai. I am doubtful it'll be July 7, since Bandai doesn't seem to be awfully big on releasing things according to the Haruhi-verse numerology. And given how things from Bandai get delayed, don't be surprised if it ends up being August.

But the safe bet is probably somewhere around late May, early June.
Old 2010-11-22, 22:52   Link #1759
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Cinemart Shinjuku in Tokyo will be showing the movie to celebrate the Blu-Ray and DVD release of the movie from 12/4-12/17 (alas, no showing at 04:23 regrettably). On 12/4 at the 13:00 showing, they will have a stage greeting prior to the screening and the showing after the event. No further details have been revealed, but I'll keep everyone updated when they are told.

Edit: The official site has revealed that the two guests at the stage greeting will be Minori Chiahara (Yuki Nagato) and Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya-san).

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-11-24 at 06:34.
Old 2010-11-23, 19:10   Link #1760
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I was hoping it would last one day longer.

The day that Haruhi and the movie disappeared from the theatres.

*dun*

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya From The Theatres: 12/18/2010 at 4:23 AM, when the movie disappeared.

Tags
science fiction, shounen