AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 01:52   Link #4001
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Great win for the Gunners today! Diaby and Arteta were immense (praying the former remains healthy) in all facets, Cazorla continues to shine and Podolski played well too. Hopefully, Giroud can get on track in time for the City game.
So any reason why Walcott is not included in the yesterday line up??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:00   Link #4002
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

good luck getting back into the starting 11 rooney...

in other news, Cazorla will probably be our player of the year.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:51   Link #4003
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Robin Van Persie was giantmongous yesterday by scoring a hat trick despite despite a penalty miss. That should be a loud and clear message for Wayne Rooney. For Sir Alex Ferguson, it was his 1,000th league game as a manager and it really had to be decided. in stoppage time as we have seen several times.

Japan's representative, Shinji Kagawa, didn't have a good game yesterday, but he should be OK. There are some players at United who need to learn following his quick passes in link-up play.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:59   Link #4004
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

don't really know what to say.

got destroyed by A.madrid and we let go of essian.

madrid played the way we wanted to play. need a quick defender like Vermaelen. Terry is great but when he is not there to orgenise it all falls apart. luiz has signs when he is a defender but most of the time he just isn't good enough. Cahill as well. both of them don't see danger quick enough. and it doesn't help the fact that Mikel is useless waste of space and money.

signing Azpilicueta is the right thing. would have preffered walker but Azpilicueta will do well. we needed someone like cole on the right hand side.

AVB has shown what he actully wanted to do and i am jealous and envious of spurs fans Muntinho and m'ville might still come. from what i read Muntinho deal was 15minutes late.

only other good thing is Meireles might be going. we can finally give Romeu some game time.

as for the CL good group. juve wil be a test but we should qualify from the group.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:37   Link #4005
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So any reason why Walcott is not included in the yesterday line up??
Any number of reasons. Maybe Oxlaide-Chamberlain had a better week than him in practice. Maybe Wenger didn't want to tax him too much with international friendlies on the horizon.

I agree germanturkey. With the quality he's shown, he was a bargain at under £20 mil, especially when a player like Modric is bought for over £30 mil.
Old 2012-09-04, 11:33   Link #4006
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The drama among the English pundits + Liverpool fans/trolls on the Guardian blogs is positively hilarious.

Brendan Rodgers had three matches, one of which a ridiculously unsettled Liverpool almost played last year's champions Man City off the field. And then they suffered an early season defeat from a remarkably solid Arsenal. Conclusion: OFF WITH HIS HEAD. THEY KILLED KING KENNY!

It even comes with the usual Liverpool is two signings away from CL challenge/no Liverpool is doomed like Leeds and Blackburn back and forth. I suppose that's the curse of once being one of English football's greats and with a massive worldwide fanbase. People expect things.

To be fair, before this victory Arsenal had to suffer the same pundit/fan rage because Arsène didn't buy a Messi on the last day of the transfer window and therefore Arsenal didn't spend the money it should (it...did, viva Cazorla). Me, in Arsène I trust. He had his team's heart ripped out as often as, well, Liverpool and still embarks on a regular title challenge. That guy knows football.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 11:45   Link #4007
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

To be really honest, Cazorla already looks a bargain (considering we bought him for less than what Malaga originally bought him for as well... ), and Podolski has wasted no time in showing his keen eye for goal. Giroud will have to take a good amount of time to adapt, seeing as he is not used to the hectic pace of the Premier League. Who needs RVP, Nasri or Fabregas? Cazorla a more all-rounded talent than the three.

The real deal here though, is how Arteta has taken to the deep-lying midfielder role and relishing the responsibility and discipline. That, plus the athleticism and strength of Abou Diaby means we pretty much eat the centre of the park for breakfast. The defence as well: three clean sheets shows our best defensive start in 88 years.

Liverpool on the other hand, sadly, have no centre-forwards capable of doing damage. I am appalled at how cavalier their approach was towards getting Dempsey and in the end they lost him to Spurs. You do not announce your interest for nearly two months and end up getting beaten to a transfer target. Perhaps they were more interested in Sahin than Dempsey. Don't see why they needed Sahin either - the midfield is packed as hell and he won't be getting games that often.

Now we talk about how Saints have been really poor critters.

Really now, Adkins' naivety in a very unpredictable league has cost them points against both Manchester clubs. Taking off all three of your frontmen, who have left United on the backfoot? Suicidal. Scholes took advantage of that and Saints didn't manage to get near the ball for large amounts of the final third of the game. Continue this way and they'll crash to us in the coming league fixture.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:20   Link #4008
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i hope Diaby has a breakout season like RVP did last year. he's a glass cannon.. Cazorla was cheaper because he's older. but thought of widely as la liga's best player outside barca or real. and we don't have wilshire back either. hopefully he can jump in after he gets better.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:24   Link #4009
RapidPotential

Cazorla, if anything, should have been more expensive, since he was a player widely-thought to be hitting his peak years (at 27, and he turns 28 only in December), but Malaga were in debt, so we managed to get him more cheaply than he would be worth.

Diaby has always been class. Every time he plays he just reminds people of what Arsenal miss: a real box-to-box player to break at pace. I remember seeing loads of fans saying he was deadwood, but I've always been a staunch supporter of the lad. Dan Smith broke his leg with an unnecessary challenge and he's ended up with an almost-dead career. Bugger's now playing in the Northern leagues at the bottom rungs. Serves him right.

For Wilshere, there are reports slating him for a return next month, along with Sagna and Rosicky. Barring any injury to anyone I'd say a pretty strong squad in terms of depth.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:43   Link #4010
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Del Piero has signed for Sydney FC, I'm curious to know the reaction of the football fans in Australia.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:12   Link #4011
Blaat

Football isn't a big thing in Australia (after Australia rules football, swimming, cricket, rugby and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other sports) so I doubt you'll get a reaction.
Old 2012-09-05, 19:53   Link #4012
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ The man(or lady) speaks truth. Football isn't that high up the pecking order Down Under.
Old 2012-09-15, 20:06   Link #4013
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

arsenal inspires confidence this year. this is a good thing.

Old 2012-09-15, 20:52   Link #4014
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
arsenal inspires confidence this year. this is a good thing.
Yeah.
This is the first time Wenger tested false nine right?

Love the work rate of Podolski...
And Carzola really is Arsenal best buy this season...

Next week, let's see how Arsenal tested himself against the mighty Man City...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:36   Link #4015
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Szczesny conceded one goal in four matches. ARSENAL IN CRISIS.

Alright, alright, I admit I'm a total Gooner too and was exhilarated by the new midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton
Next week, let's see how Arsenal tested himself against the mighty Man City...
I'm actually more curious on how Giroud will do in the Montpellier match. If he shines too, Arsenal will have the most complete team in the league basically.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 04:19   Link #4016
RapidPotential

City struggled against Stoke. They have problems playing a sitting team too, given their similar passing style to Arsenal.

Arsenal though, totally dominant against Saints. Should have had a clean sheet but Szczesny probably had too little to do and made a mess of that cross. Punching it would have been right.

70% possession during the game. Arsenal officially the most dominant team in ball retention so far. I believe that's the highest in the first four games.
Old 2012-09-16, 04:30   Link #4017
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

Atalanta defeated Milan today. 1-0 and the goal was scored by Luca Cigarini.
Milan still hasn't scored any points at home.
Old 2012-09-16, 23:07   Link #4018
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Well, this is something I wish we can see more often in football in general: full-blooded challenges like in the old days when it's legal, players who are not acting like fannies and the ref allowing to play the advantage if any.

It was from yesterday's match between Manchester United and Wigan. If they want to improve the quality of the show in Spain, they need to allow more tackling of this quality.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:21   Link #4019
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoiro Nguyen View Post
Atalanta defeated Milan today. 1-0 and the goal was scored by Luca Cigarini.
Milan still hasn't scored any points at home.

I'm Milan, i'm Big fan of Milan, my father took me many times to the football stadium when I was little, The A.C milan we all know is dead, Berlusconi don't want spend money anymore,we played with the same midfield for 7-8 years, Ambrosini-Pirlo-Gattuso without a plan for the substitutes,the same for the Side Back.., i mean..Luca Antonini is playing for A.C Milan...What?WTF?this guy can't even make a decent cross...i can't believe what's going on in A.C Milan....this is Sad.
Old 2012-09-17, 10:33   Link #4020
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

Well, this is something I wish we can see more often in football in general: full-blooded challenges like in the old days when it's legal, players who are not acting like fannies and the ref allowing to play the advantage if any.

It was from yesterday's match between Manchester United and Wigan. If they want to improve the quality of the show in Spain, they need to allow more tackling of this quality.
Well they can't do that if the player go down too easy like in that case of the same match:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...fde0a98bo.gif/

He got a penalty btw. Sad thing is, this is not even the case where result is too crucial, and the odd too high that the player forced into diving. i believed the match ended up with a big win to MU, and the opponent is one of the weakest EPL team. And that is not even cheating anymore, as i believe they called "professional fault/simulations" or things like that. And one of the main reason that Australia (and probably US) don't like 'soccer'. They prefer 'footy' where players literally murder each other on the field

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-09-17 at 10:50.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer