AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-05, 15:59   Link #41
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I just refer to them as games so as to avoid the issue altogether. When someone else calls them hgames, I say hgames too just so I don't confuse them.
Old 2006-04-06, 01:33   Link #42
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The more I listen to the OP the more I come to love it.

The lyrics works so well with the music even if I don't understand them yet. It almost sounds like the whole thing is rhyming in step with all of its parts.
Old 2006-04-08, 10:18   Link #43
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
The more I listen to the OP the more I come to love it.

The lyrics works so well with the music even if I don't understand them yet. It almost sounds like the whole thing is rhyming in step with all of its parts.
The best well made opening this season (imo) Everthing fits into place, the music, animation, and with such a well beat different song that you dont hear often, what is not to like about it ^^

I do wonder how much there is to Utawarerumono, I love adventure/action/drama/Slice of comedy shows that tend to try and have some good meaning in the show which in turn bring more vaule to the show, like kenshin ^^; even though its based on a ero-game it still can still be great!, its all up to the anime team, which I'm sure will do a good job. Right now, I just cant see myself getting dissapointed watching the show

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-08 at 12:42.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:30   Link #44
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Since this anime is still unlicensed, the sub for episode one is out.

By Yesy
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:47   Link #45
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I love her reaction when the guy grab her tail, so cute
Am I the only one who kept looping this scene (06:49-06:53) to see Eruruu expression when he touched her tail! ....soooo cute!
dan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:51   Link #46
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
Am I the only one who kept looping this scene (06:49-06:53) to see Eruruu expression when he touched her tail! ....soooo cute!
I watched it a couple times.
Old 2006-04-09, 17:45   Link #47
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
I made an av out of it. Of corse I'm sure someone will make a better version soon, if no one has already. Doesn't loop very well...

Anyway, so far I like this series. I was sort of looking foward to it, but I'm glad it hasn't dissappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
She lloks like she is drunk and is doing hiccups
Put a longer pause in. Better?

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2006-04-09 at 18:28.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:03   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I made an av out of it. Of corse I'm sure someone will make a better version soon, if no one has already. Doesn't loop very well...

Anyway, so far I like this series. I was sort of looking foward to it, but I'm glad it hasn't dissappointed.
She lloks like she is drunk and is doing hiccups
Old 2006-04-09, 18:42   Link #49
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
It's great. I showed a clip of that to people when episode 1 aired and they loved it. It's a pity they didn't have
Spoiler for comedy scene in game that's not covered in the anime:

EDIT: thread moved, no longer need this line...

Last edited by zalas; 2006-04-09 at 20:41.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:52   Link #50
CaiSter21

just saw the first eps and i liked the op really much
also got to say that the names Eruruu and Aruruu are really cute!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:25   Link #51
SinsI

Hmm... watched first subbed version. The whole episode was pretty mediocre - nothing unexpected, just character introductions. Only the music seems a above average.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:03   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Actually, the first episode does a decent job to introduce us to the main characters, how do they behave, and what types of personality shines most in them. It's got the RPG game feel, because the anime was adapted from the game that goes by the same name, right?

All the budget was well spent in both animation and soundtrack, and I could swear the quality for the TV anime resembles to that of a movie particularly to those of Miyazakis' films.
I just have a weakness to score that uses drums and flute music within folklore songs; sounds derivative from nature and spiritualism.

Utwarerumono introduces us to a feudal Japan of an alternate reality where Shinto magic, civil warfare, and mythical fantasy are a daily norm for its inhabitants.

And glad someone is discussing the ecchi joke of the masked man grabbing Eruru's tail. He brings forth an eyecatch comment that if the tail is something for real, which of course makes Eruru confused.
Making that observation possibly something's not quite working normally in that world.

The other thing is about the man's dream of the beast who is soothed by the voice of the girl.
Spoiler:

Both OP and ED songs are already picked up in my list, and the OP makes references to lots of characters (mostly female ones) going to be introduced sooner.
Following the genre of RPG's, our two characters...
Spoiler:

OK. The guy grabs the girl's tail, then first she goes in shock but later gets horny.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 23:11   Link #53
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Actually, the first episode does a decent job to introduce us to the main characters, how do they behave, and what types of personality shines most in them. It's got the RPG game feel, because the anime was adapted from the game that goes by the same name, right?
It is an RPG afterall.

And by the looks of it Eruruu is your typical healer character.

Anyway never played the game, I cant remember where I got these screen shots from.

Its good to see this subbed and with 26 eps they can take their time, hopefuly animation doesnt degrade. But I dout it.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 23:50   Link #54
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
OK. The guy grabs the girl's tail, then first she goes in shock but later gets horny.
Well, the equivalent would be if someone grabbed a girl's chest, although the tail is an easier target; normally kids wouldn't be able to reach up high enough to grab breasts <_<;
Old 2006-04-10, 01:10   Link #55
ruchik

i was just wondering-is this anime and game related in any way to ys: the ark of napishtim? after the first episode, the two seem to be very similar (girls with funky ears and tails, people suspect the main character and proves himself, shy little sister with weird powers, etc.)
ruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 01:11   Link #56
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched the intro. Absolutely love the song. Trying to find it as we speak.

I'll hold off on finishing the episode as it's super late here and I have to work in the morning. (damn reality!). Expect reviews later this week.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:36   Link #57
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchik
i was just wondering-is this anime and game related in any way to ys: the ark of napishtim? after the first episode, the two seem to be very similar (girls with funky ears and tails, people suspect the main character and proves himself, shy little sister with weird powers, etc.)
No relation at all. They're made by two different companies. The 'suspect the main character' thing didn't really play a big part in Utawarerumono, anyway.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:55   Link #58
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

This series has some pretty spoilerific moments so if you don't want to get spoiled, don't click them.

Quote:
Utwarerumono introduces us to a feudal Japan of an alternate reality where Shinto magic, civil warfare, and mythical fantasy are a daily norm for its inhabitants.
The story will no doubt elaborate more on this, but,

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-10, 03:19   Link #59
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I've been anticipating Utawarerumono for a while. I've always seen the visual novel anime genre as an interesting one since it's still only in its relative youth compared with most other genres in anime, but it has, as others before me have put it, a fair share of its own wretched cliches. However, I thought one of the better recent entries into the genre was AIR; it's aesthetics were absolutely topnotch and it really relishes in its story. Additionally, it wasn't as plagued by poor pacing as Kanon was. As far as other entries in the genre are concerned, I thought Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito had some great ideas but some terrible execution, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien had very unlikable characters and Shuffle was as cliched a harem as one could find. And then there are the plethora of other visual novel adaptations that aren't even worth mentioning. To get to the point, it's a genre that has a few gems, but the majority are very mediocre. In many ways, I see Utawarerumono as a bit of a gauge as to where this genre is: is the genre still plagued by cliches and mediocrity, or is it starting to enter an awakening of sorts with the ideas we saw in AIR (and have been seeing odd glimpses of in Fate/Stay Night), ie a focus more on the things that make great anime, such as plot, characters, music and animation and less on the tired "who will he pick" storyline.

The first episode of Utawarerumono hardly makes an attempt at answering my questions though. It's very early days, and this is still clearly in it's "establishing premise and characters" stage. But my impressions so far aren't great. It's starting off in a veeery generic fashion. The directing seems a tad uninspired. The characters haven't done a whole lot of interesting stuff, but I won't fault them, since it is only the first episode after all. As far as their designs are concerned (both appearance and personality-wise) there's really not much that grabs my attention. The pacing's very slow as well (for a first episode) but pacing has always been a bit of an Achilles' Heel for visual novel based anime, so it almost goes without saying.

Overall impression: Obviously it's completely unreasonable to expect an anime to deliver big things after one episode, but I'm not going to say that this has started on the right foot. I'm very intrigued to see where this goes, though.

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2006-04-10 at 06:56.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:59   Link #60
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Yay! I finished watching the first episode and I like it. The opening was nice and so was the music. The outfit designs are very stylish and I like them. The anime character art is ok but I really liked Misato Mutsumi's work on the original game better.

Spoiler:

[QUOTE=Shinova]
Spoiler:

Yea, that's what I read on thread about the game, a long time ago.
Spoiler:

Please feel free to correct me on this.

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg