AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-08-19, 17:01   Link #1
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Turn A Gundam

Since Hero Legends been releasing one episode per day. A thread for the beard Gundam. Anyone watching Turn A? ^^

Ps: I hope you guys at Hero Legends can keep this up, now everyday I have something to look forward to. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 17:13   Link #2
Isandore

Watched the first two episodes so far. What struck me right away was the vintage looking vehicles and planes. Very cool. The story has peaked my interest.
Isandore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 17:14   Link #3
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Post waiting for some opinions first

I am gona wait and see what everyone thinks about it first. If everyone says its good i will try it out, but until then i will wait.
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 17:37   Link #4
Pai
ハガレン fan

I've watched first two ep. and I must say that I would not have never thought this series was so interesting!
I'm impressed and happy can watch it!
(bad english, sorry ._.)
Loran is an interesting character, very unusual...
Mechs are a bit "strange" compared to other gundam series, but I like it!
50 eps? I'm looking forward to watch the others!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Ps: I hope you guys at Hero Legends can keep this up, now everyday I have something to look forward to. ^^
Quote!
Old 2004-08-19, 18:27   Link #5
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

If nothing else, I'll watch this series for the music. The OST is one of Yoko Kanno's best and most original works.

I'm downloading the first 3 eps at the moment.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 18:39   Link #6
Kouji Kabuto
Hero Legend

HEDGES deserves the credit. He works so hard at this. I am but the messenger, it is he who must receive your thanks.
Kouji Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 20:05   Link #7
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I saw a few episodes of this show along time ago and Ive bin wanting to pick it back up....Thanks alot Hero Legends for doing it........keep up the good work.

EDIT: btw...is there anyways I can get it off your irc channel or soemthing....I am geting horrible speeds from bt around 1kbs.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 00:04   Link #8
DubsDaAzn
Laffy Taffy

Old

I was just wondering ..how old is this series?
DubsDaAzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 01:34   Link #9
ragnarrok

Considered by most a Gundam Series with the worst mecha design. Turn A Gundam is just ugly, but story wise, it's on par with 08 Unit and 0080. It's better than SEED and Wing if you can get past the first impression
ragnarrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 03:22   Link #10
Kouji Kabuto
Hero Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
I saw a few episodes of this show along time ago and Ive bin wanting to pick it back up....Thanks alot Hero Legends for doing it........keep up the good work.

EDIT: btw...is there anyways I can get it off your irc channel or soemthing....I am geting horrible speeds from bt around 1kbs.
Hopefully eps 4 and 5 will be out within the next few days.

oh, and about the irc channel, I still have to fix a lot of stuff, including our new website. I'll announce when we're seeding stuff on the channel. Sorry bout that but I'm still recovering from a major comp crash.
Old 2004-08-20, 03:44   Link #11
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I'm glad to see that you guys are willing to sub this underrated Gundam series. This is Tomino's most recent original Gundam work (unless you count the Zeta compilation movie coming out early 2005). It's got a great plot and a large cast of interesting characters. The victorian, early-industrial-age setting is quite a departure from the usual Gundam settings, but that's one of its many charming aspects. With Yoko Kanno doing the music, you also can't go wrong.

For those who want to see what a good Gundam series ought to be, this is the one to watch.

I certainly hope that you guys will have the patience to do all 50 episodes.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 04:07   Link #12
Cichlisuite

Send a message via ICQ to Cichlisuite Send a message via AIM to Cichlisuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarrok
Considered by most a Gundam Series with the worst mecha design.
That what happens when you have an AMERICAN doing mecha design
Cichlisuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 04:12   Link #13
TrueKnight

Good God it's been so long since I've watch this show. In case you didnt notice the mechs design of Turn A were made by the guy who did the mechs at Alien 1 and Alien 2, yeah an American. Forgot his name.

As someone who has finished watching all the series, I'm telling you this Gundam is a classic, worth watching show, I'm glad that somebody subbed it despite of the fugly mechs design. But I didn't like the main char that much, he's too girly....just follow the story and you'll know.

I'm sad that no one actually noticed Gundam X, another great,awesome underrated Gundam series.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 04:30   Link #14
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Good God it's been so long since I've watch this show. In case you didnt notice the mechs design of Turn A were made by the guy who did the mechs at Alien 1 and Alien 2, yeah an American. Forgot his name.
Syd Mead. He's done a whole lot of interesting concept art and designs for films, architecture and automobiles. On his website, Turn-A was a "redesign of the core character mobile suit Gundam". Turn-A was conceived when Mead was in his 60s, so there must've been countless influences on his design which makes Turn A stand out.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 05:13   Link #15
Kouji Kabuto
Hero Legend

On a personal note, it's just the head of the Turn A and the core fighter that I don't like. Otherwise, I actually like the rounded designs.
Old 2004-08-20, 06:03   Link #16
Sakai
libro de mi padre

This was my first Gundam series that i had finished watching all eps because I liked Kanno's music.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 06:29   Link #17
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
For some reason I like the way Turn A looks......the weird mustache thing is cool....for some reason ^_^
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 09:32   Link #18
Momiji74
Useless Alchemist

I like mechs. They are unique.
Loran is a great character. (Seyuu: Paku Romi!!! ^_____^)
Momiji74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 09:41   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
I'm sad that no one actually noticed Gundam X, another great,awesome underrated Gundam series.
Last i heard, Suteki-Yume was subbing Gundam X (more like ripping HK-rips of it though). Don't know what happened to it. But Gundam X and Turn A Gundam were both financial failures for Sunrise and Bandai so I guess its easy to see why they haven't been getting much attention.

Anyway, Turn A is one of my favorite designs even if it looks different, and as the series progresses, you'll also see that its THE most powerful Gundam EVER (along with Devil Gundam from G Gundam I guess).

As for Loran... IMO he looks much better as a girl...
Old 2004-08-20, 10:51   Link #20
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
As for Loran... IMO he looks much better as a girl...
But He's a man!