AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-09, 13:24   Link #121
Linly

Just watched ep1(yes i know im slow), and I have to say that Shizuma is really an combination of the elegant Chikane(Kannaduki no miko) and Satou Sei(Rosa gigantea, Mari mite).
The way she was teasing Nagisa was just great hehehe...
Linly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:00   Link #122
Cyz
"Show it to me"

the whole academy thing reminds me of marimite too
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:36   Link #123
Fishbait

Hmm, you guys are like sports reporters/analysts who keep comparing athletes today to their predecessors. "Oh, I think he reminds me of Magic's game", "Oh his shooting touch and ability to spot his teammates could potentially make him Larry Bird like"

Come on, look at things as they are instead of spotting simarlarities with things in the past :O
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 20:44   Link #124
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I just can't take this show seriously at all -_-; It's quite funny at parts, mainly because they keep inserting random things that totally go beyond normal expectations of a MariMite-ish show. I think I'll just watch this when I have the time, as Simoun seems to be more promising.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:42   Link #125
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
Hmm, you guys are like sports reporters/analysts who keep comparing athletes today to their predecessors. "Oh, I think he reminds me of Magic's game", "Oh his shooting touch and ability to spot his teammates could potentially make him Larry Bird like"

Come on, look at things as they are instead of spotting simarlarities with things in the past :O
Here's a guy, when he ecchi's more, he gets nosebleeds harder!

You know, if you're in a situation like that, and you don't pick one of the girls to go out with, you're not going to be going out with any of the girls!

BOOM! Tough actin' Tinactin!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:48   Link #126
Diedrupo

I agree with some that the show is actually fairly mediocre, at least ep 1 was. However I will continue to watch it anyway because of the lesbian themes.
At least there is no guy and no stupid mecha involved like in kannazuki no miko.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 22:56   Link #127
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

I'm going to be watching it strictly as a stand-in for the expected autumn Marimite season 3 goodness.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 01:11   Link #128
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
At least there is no guy and no stupid mecha involved like in kannazuki no miko.
Yeah thats the best thing about it.

Seinen yuri anime rules
Old 2006-04-10, 12:38   Link #129
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got around to seeing it is it me or is the animation kind of poor and watching it i felt like i was watching kannazuki no miko and Maria-sama ga Miteru all rolled into one looks kind of fun though im a sucker for school girl animes
Old 2006-04-10, 12:52   Link #130
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
Here's a guy, when he ecchi's more, he gets nosebleeds harder!

You know, if you're in a situation like that, and you don't pick one of the girls to go out with, you're not going to be going out with any of the girls!

BOOM! Tough actin' Tinactin!
k

to the other poster, yea the animation quality isnt top notch. not sure what they're planning there
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 13:29   Link #131
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
k
Madden would make a great Anime commentor, don't be frontin'.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 20:25   Link #132
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Hmm, I wonder what Shizuna sees on Aoi? Love at first sight?

Btw, if this was licensed, shouldn't this be on the DVD Licensed thread?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-11, 02:29   Link #133
CarrierZ
aka cz

Send a message via MSN to CarrierZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Hmm, I wonder what Shizuna sees on Aoi? Love at first sight?

Btw, if this was licensed, shouldn't this be on the DVD Licensed thread?
"While Strawberry Panic has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details."

If you try to read at least the first post, your question would've been answered directly. Just click at page one and you will see the first page, and ALL information needed.
CarrierZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:57   Link #134
Mentar
Banned

After watching ep2, I'd have been a bit worried if it hadn't been for the last 5 minutes in the episode - and the fact that this show obviously has 26 episodes

Both Tamao continues to pursue her favorite toy (Nagisa), and Shizuka turns into Vampire mode to get her chuu-chuu tribute from a selection of girls, PARTICULARLY Nagisa. However - as predicted - she was stopped "fourth and inches" once again.

I'd be worried if I believed this to be the only issue of the show: Predatory shoujo-ai in an unrealistic setting. But the last minutes hinted more of a background story on this, and also the length of the series makes clear that we won't get 26 episode of this content all the time (which would become bothersome).

I can't say why exactly, but I really like this show. Will be fun to discuss once the anti-yuri naysayers have left for greener pastures
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 07:08   Link #135
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
I was highly anticipating SP this season, and this is probably why I was slightly disappointed with the first episode;my expectations were too high. But I understand that this being a 26-episode long series, it doesn't (and shouldn't) have to begin with the melodrama that is the plot straightaway. There will most definitely be good character interactions/development later in the series; there are 10+ girls after all =P And also, the characters (properly introduced so far) are interesting. The main set-couple already have interesting points - Indeed, Shizuma is a little like a combination of Sei and Chikane;flirty and domineering, but also has the air of authority and mystery. She also seems lonely;there must be a reason why, but hopefully she doesn't do anything drastic like Chikane xD And while Nagisa is a bit of klutz, she does have a bit of backbone (eg, "I'm not Tamoe-chan's belonging"). Only times when she is standing up for herself and becomes flustered is when Shizuma is making a move on her I'm already looking forward to the proper introduction of Hikari and the pink-haired girl from St.Spica (white uniform). I don't have any problems with the animations, and I like the character designs;Shizuma is teh hawtness xP I'll most likely see this through to the end, being the shoujo-ai fangirl I am xDD;

I love the uniforms, especially St.Spica's white uniform. Actually, I think I just plain like St.Spica;the girls in there have caught my attention the most.

Btw, how exactly are the three academies split up? Are they split in certain grades? Or are they just entirely separate, meaning that there are six grades in each academy (that would explain the pink-haired girl's attitude to the news of a transfer student to a different academy)?
fynefilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:45   Link #136
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Will be fun to discuss once the anti-yuri naysayers have left for greener pastures
Why would anyone anti-yuri watch Strawberrry Panic anyway?

I didn't like the animation much and the plot was not exactly thrilling but for some reason I found the first episode to be hilarious so I will watch at least a few more. It was quite funny when instead of greeting of introducing herself the first thing Tamao said to Nagisa was how mesmerizingly cute she was.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:55   Link #137
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
It was quite funny when instead of greeting of introducing herself the first thing Tamao said to Nagisa was how mesmerizingly cute she was.
Hehe, I loved that part too

You had to remind me about it >.< now I must watch it again
Old 2006-04-11, 20:36   Link #138
Cyz
"Show it to me"

more yuri scenes in ep. 2!!!
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-11, 21:40   Link #139
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
more yuri scenes in ep. 2!!!
Yeah, and it was great I just finished watching it...

And what a surprise to see the second chapter of the seinen yuri manga Strawberry Panic! is out

Torrent available here: Manganews.
Old 2006-04-11, 23:37   Link #140
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Chibi-Adult Yuri??

Well after reading this whole thread I don't think there's anything that's gonna keep me from at the very least checking this show out...If any weird feelings come across me while watching it I'll just remember that all the people in this thread are sick too^^...

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri