AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 13:01   Link #13241
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune is considered a good looking guy, good looking enough that random beach chicks wanna be with him. So this is what got me thinking... was Tsukune also popular in his middle school? or was he still premature in development and hasn't developed his good looks yet?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:04   Link #13242
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well if Tsukune's cousin likes him. He must be good lookin. Hmm...I miss Kyoko, wonder when will she appear again?
Old 2010-03-06, 13:18   Link #13243
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This is also a pretty unique aspect for Tsunkune, since harem leads are always "average looking" at best.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:39   Link #13244
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This is also a pretty unique aspect for Tsunkune, since harem leads are always "average looking" at best.
and average is just how he's been introduced or rather how he introduced himself in chapter one and although we may perceive him as bishie with the current drawing style I think within the story he's still quite average (which might change with him activating vampire blood) . Tell me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any occasion when he was mentioned to be specifically good-looking, he's just the typical harem lead that gets his girls through good deeds.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 16:11   Link #13245
Chris38

Quote:
Tsukune is considered a good looking guy, good looking enough that random beach chicks wanna be with him. So this is what got me thinking... was Tsukune also popular in his middle school? or was he still premature in development and hasn't developed his good looks yet?
Well Hayashi - can I call you in that way, I think that the reason why Tsukune has such good looks at this moments is in my opinion partially caused by Tsukune having vampire blood in his veins, which has partially influenced Tsukune's physical looks.

The other reason is that Tsukune lead a much harsher life in Youkai Academy compared to his life in the human world, which I think also had a an impact on Tsukune's physical looks.

So ultimately I think that the reason why Tsukune's a good looking guy is a byproduct of his experiences and the harsh life he had lead in Youkai Academy ... well he basically had to experience hell, to acquire his current looks ...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 16:14   Link #13246
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
and average is just how he's been introduced or rather how he introduced himself in chapter one and although we may perceive him as bishie with the current drawing style I think within the story he's still quite average (which might change with him activating vampire blood) . Tell me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any occasion when he was mentioned to be specifically good-looking, he's just the typical harem lead that gets his girls through good deeds.
Kurumu says so, although it may be bias since she's madly in love. But then there were random girls who tried to get him to go out with them because he was cute and buff.
Old 2010-03-06, 18:18   Link #13247
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Here you go, random girls on the beach hitting on Tsukune:
Spoiler for Size:

Tsukune probably got better looking because he just grew into it, they're all still teens and still growing. Having vampire blood in his system certainly didn't hurt the looks department, it more than likely helped. Training with Moka helps too, people do tend to look "better" once they start working out. Getting rid of the "baby fat" can drastically change the looks of a person.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-03-06 at 19:15.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 18:54   Link #13248
Johnny
Working the bags...

Let's not forget that one saying, "chicks dig scars"...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 19:41   Link #13249
Xion Valkyrie

Isn't he pretty ripped too? That body is quite the lady killer.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 06:06   Link #13250
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Here you go, random girls on the beach hitting on Tsukune:
Spoiler for Size:

Tsukune probably got better looking because he just grew into it, they're all still teens and still growing. Having vampire blood in his system certainly didn't hurt the looks department, it more than likely helped. Training with Moka helps too, people do tend to look "better" once they start working out. Getting rid of the "baby fat" can drastically change the looks of a person.
You're right, guess the increasing quality of the art actually just reflected his looks as well, still that came out of nowhere, students at school still freak out when they hear that out of all people he's the closest to Moka and the other girls.

This reminds me since there's mostly focus on the girls nowadays he's become quite the flat character lately, the "i have to train so i can protect my friends" moment with belmont was nothing new, even Gin had more character depth since the start of S2
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 07:17   Link #13251
Chris38

Quote:
You're right, guess the increasing quality of the art actually just reflected his looks as well, still that came out of nowhere, students at school still freak out when they hear that out of all people he's the closest to Moka and the other girls.

This reminds me since there's mostly focus on the girls nowadays he's become quite the flat character lately, the "i have to train so i can protect my friends" moment with belmont was nothing new, even Gin had more character depth since the start of S2
Well, you're not the only one who noticed that Waven, well after seeing the latest chapter, where ...

Spoiler for Chapter 28 Spoilers:

Well that are just my speculations after seeing the latest chapter so we will see if they come true or not, but probably like you Waven I hope that Tsukune will finally do something ... I mean he's the protagonist of this manga and he isn't a weak guy anymore, so he could finally do something useful and not stay in the background anymore !
Old 2010-03-07, 08:20   Link #13252
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, you're not the only one who noticed that Waven, well after seeing the latest chapter, where ...

Spoiler for Chapter 28 Spoilers:

Well that are just my speculations after seeing the latest chapter so we will see if they come true or not, but probably like you Waven I hope that Tsukune will finally do something ... I mean he's the protagonist of this manga and he isn't a weak guy anymore, so he could finally do something useful and not stay in the background anymore !
Character development seems to be slow, doesn't it?
Old 2010-03-07, 09:17   Link #13253
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It'll take time as I see how the chapters are going for the main plot to unravel, the main baddies on S1 manga shown here are just teasers. For all we know they could turn out as allies along the line. NOT! LOL
Old 2010-03-07, 10:53   Link #13254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Have to admit that most of the development has been on the girls side. But I don't mind Tsukune's power ups since it's still important. But Tsukune is also recently being pressed on how to deal with his harem as well.
Old 2010-03-07, 12:29   Link #13255
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It'll take time as I see how the chapters are going for the main plot to unravel, the main baddies on S1 manga shown here are just teasers. For all we know they could turn out as allies along the line. NOT! LOL
You're probably right Kenji, I guess I'm a little impatient for something, that lasts longer then one chapter, to happen. Another thing that is bothering me is the recent lack of Tsukune's vampire form and him actually doing something ... sigh, well it's just as you say Kenji the plot at this moment is just slowly advancing and considering the number of character's involved in the story, the mangaka can't focus on everyone involved , at the same time, and it's just that this time it was Tsukune who was pushed to the background.

Quote:
Have to admit that most of the development has been on the girls side. But I don't mind Tsukune's power ups since it's still important. But Tsukune is also recently being pressed on how to deal with his harem as well.
Well it's just as you say HayashiTakara and I have nothing against it per say, but it's just that I'm a little disappointed in the lack of action lately.

Seeing the girls trying to get Tsukune and more importantly seeing Inner Moka starting show her feelings for Tsukune is also quite enjoyable ... it's just that lately I tend to think that the latest chapter's ( from chapter 23 to the currently released one) are almost the same as at the begining of this manga (Season I mind you) with the girls actually doing the fighting and Tsukune reduced to watching them from the sidelines are assisting by removing Moka's seal ... oh, wait it has a malfunction so he doesn't even need to do that. The only difference is that Tsukune doesn't get injured so heavily compared to the beginning of this manga. Another difference is that Tsukune isn't so weak anymore, which is probably why I fell a little bit discontented about the recent chapter's ...

.... Well what you said HayashiTakara about Tsukune being more pressed lately on the subject of dealing with his harem is definitely true, well considering the event's of chapter 23 I think that Tsukune already knows how to deal with this "problem", but is still not ready to actually do it.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-03-07 at 13:16.
Old 2010-03-08, 02:46   Link #13256
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Speaking of Tsukune's injuries again. The girls don't really mind all of his scars and a few of his latest on his ribs and forehead which is not likely seen. I also in S1 manga Tsukune was weak and then later developed powers that can exceed Inner Moka's. Now in S2 manga he's strong and training his vampire blood so he can control it. Which as we see in previous chapters worked, though his techniques still needs work.

Gotta love his brawling style head butt, punches, shoulder tackle...etc. Even in season1 he was pretty brave to do those things even without the vamp blood.

Something I rarely see in the manga.
Spoiler for loz:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-03-08 at 03:33.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 06:01   Link #13257
Nemesis

So.....when's the next chapter?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 09:18   Link #13258
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... a month or so. The most recent one came out about a week ago

alas, the curse of monthly manga...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 00:15   Link #13259
Chris38

Well, it seems that in the mean time the translated chapter 28 has finally came out.

I could pass the link to it, if anyone is interested.

Spoiler for Chapter 28:

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-03-09 at 00:34.
Old 2010-03-09, 00:39   Link #13260
yongshun

Spoiler:

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire