AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 10:19   Link #101
Cookichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
Wow. Bless your heart. Seriously. Good for you. I applaud those who've resisted the temptation of simply playing that game on an emulator.

but if your computers memory is all that's stoping you then I wouldn't worry about it. Both the emulator and the rom shouldn't take up more than 15mb combined. (I forgot how large the CoM rom is.)

Anyways, that's all I've got to say. I suppose borrowing someone elses DS or GBA is a plausible resort. Just don't go out and purchase a DS or GBA for this game alone because as decent as this game is, it's not worth all that money.
I'm not really worried about my computer memory...I have a lot of it...just don't want to download the game..

I don't really think any of the voice actors for Kingdom Hearts was poorly done at all. The voices matched the characters in my opinion (which I guess wouldn't be hard since the majority of them were disney characters and Disney of course wouldn't let those voices get screwed up).

And true Slayerx, celebraties sell better...but I very much doubt people would buy the game just to hear Lance Bass go "ugh"...not that I have anything against Lance Bass...I didn't even know that he was a voice actor in the game until recently...I was only mainly interested in the voices of the main characters....which I assume most people would be since you hear them talk the most...
Cookichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:37   Link #102
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
one thing that i hope is that the theme song will be better than utada hikaru's hikari, man that song was awesome, that was why i like this game so much
Passion has been looping (opening, single, after battle, and orchestral versions) on my comp for a few days now. IMO it's better than the first, both English and Japanese versions, but that might be just because it is newer... Nobody's commented on it yet, though the song is online, and the music video (not for the game) is pretty good, too. (video.google)

I agree with the voices being done well, but it still pisses some of us off having Aerith and Sephiroth done by pop stars... Well, make that American pop stars, since I would not mind Maaya Sakamoto playing Aerith. ^^

Planning on buying and replaying the first one to 100% completion, though CoM I quickly got tired of. :/
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 23:18   Link #103
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestuousfury
Planning on buying and replaying the first one to 100% completion, though CoM I quickly got tired of. :/
I'm actually considering replaying through KH as well, though with the amount of unfinished games I have sitting around, and my lack of time to play them, I'm not sure if I should. I'm somewhere between 3 and a half to 4 hours through CoM, and I'm getting bored of the card mechanics. I mean, it's nice and all to try to give some strategic value to the game by using different numbered cards and having card breaks, sleights, and 0 valued cards breaking all other cards when used at the right time, but even at the point where I am, it's become a button-mash fest. Honestly, it seems like they should've just not used cards and just had it as an A button = Attack kinda thing, like in KH. Well, that's just me anyways, I still want to get through the game just to find out what happens (I somehow managed to keep from reading spoilers about the game).

And I'd have to agree. As much as I love KH, I wouldn't advocate buying a GBA or DS just for CoM...actually, I'm not sure if I'd advocate buying any system just for one game. But yeah...got my preorder for KHII ready...though the guy working at EB told me they have the game listed for the 30th instead of the 28th... ;-;
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 22:21   Link #104
naruto123

Why in the world do they keep pushing back KH2?
First it was coming out 12/2/05.
Then it changed to 03/3/06.
Now its 03/28/06.
Its so annoying!
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 09:06   Link #105
shikamarufoo

^wow that sucks! At least I have time to save up for this along with shoes lol...
BTW I just recently replayed the game and must say it's one of the best with a goofy, yet lovable storyline! Also I just beat Seiphiroth!
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 17:07   Link #106
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Oh, yes. The delays: What made me stop giving a shit about the game.

For me, they've come too late for me to care again. They worked on stupid side-projects instead of working on what people actually gave a crap about. I could've imported it, but by then, I stopped caring 9 months ago. I'm staying away from that over-delayed piece of crap.

If you wnt it, then buy it. If anyone wants me, I'm going to play 9th style by the time you get your precious Kingdom Hearts 2, that is, IF IT ISN'T DELAYED AGAIN. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 21:55   Link #107
Kouji
StrykerX

-_-' Incase you guys haven't read the Square Enix Press Release on the North American side. Then you would've read that the game is on track for March 28th, 2006. And, just for the record. The game was never delayed. But it was given a spring 2006 release since way back in November 2005. When Square Enix opened the U.S site of Kingdom Hearts II.

I dunno, but to me. This shows that you don't have faith in what Square Enix is capable of doing.
Old 2006-03-07, 18:40   Link #108
Evangelion-Fan
Evangelion Rocks

Its out already well its not here! man fill me in i love kindom hearts is it more graghic? or what
Evangelion-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 20:19   Link #109
ryuusei

is the 3/28/06 release date applies only to america(obviously it would release in america >.>) or does it include the PAL countries as well ?
ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 23:58   Link #110
Taylor--
!

I believe I read that the PAL versions not coming out till Oct 06.
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 15:50   Link #111
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor--
I believe I read that the PAL versions not coming out till Oct 06.
It's listed on Play.com as 28/04/2006. 26/05/2006 on Amazon.co.uk. I guess it's a wait and see and then they'll proberly push it back more. I'm importing from the US myself.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 02:47   Link #112
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
It's listed on Play.com as 28/04/2006. 26/05/2006 on Amazon.co.uk. I guess it's a wait and see and then they'll proberly push it back more. I'm importing from the US myself.
Play and Amazon tend to be rather...optimistic on their release dates. Eurogamer has it down as a second quarter release, so it looks like
Squeenix Europe haven't announced a date yet. It'll probably be a Oct/Nov release with a half-assed conversion to PAL as per usual
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 13:09   Link #113
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I really love Utada Hikaru's "simple and clean" from the first game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iM55...0days%20korean

I hope the music in the second one is just as good She has an awesome voice.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 21:41   Link #114
FOB RAVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn
I really love Utada Hikaru's "simple and clean" from the first game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iM55...0days%20korean

I hope the music in the second one is just as good She has an awesome voice.
They need to keep some of the old songs like Simple and Clean.

I need that song on my iPod.
FOB RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 03:25   Link #115
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well I picked up my copy today and I although I feel bad for starting this game without beating the first it seems to do a little bit of recaping in fragments. I've put in about two hours and since the reviews I've read said the game was pretty easy I set the game on the hardest difficulty which hasn't given me too much problems as of yet but I've only played 2 hours.

The Story is starting out pretty strong and already has me hooked! So far the gameplay has pretty much just consisted of mashing the same button over and over to do a 3 hit attack combo but of course I've only put 2 hours in so things should hopefully open up soon.

and I've already run into my first square character cameo!

Spoiler:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 23:53   Link #116
Zhemos

I haven't been following this game much. I saw the commercial for it today and it made me want to buy it sooo bad. It looks extremely fun.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 10:57   Link #117
Wen-san
teh Wendell

I just got the game a few days ago...

Aeris' voice is definitely not what I had hoped for T^T It was so much better in the first game... Cid sounds like a 60 year old man .___.

I'd say everyone else is alright... and Yuffie's voice is great ^____^

AND THE OPENING IS SOOOO PRETTY! *dies* I much prefer Passions to Sanctuary though... so much more.. authentic XD;;
Wen-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 11:33   Link #118
sayde

^^did you know that the lyrics for sanctuary were actually created before the lyrcis for passion? I guess that would technically make santuary the authentic version

But I do understand how you feel. Afterall, I heard passion first, and grew accustomed to hearing it first. Sanctuary feels rather awkward to listen to at the moment.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:53   Link #119
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just completed it. Not exactly a classic title like Terranigma or Chrno Trigger, but it's definitely a highly enjoyable series.

There's technical flaws here and there, such as a slightly unbalanced pace, lack of villian development, over-compressed worlds, a bit of knowledge lost without playing Final Mix and Chain of Memories, but it's all great.

My only complaint is one thing that could've made the game better on a grander scale. It's technically spoiler, but no one who never played the game's first 3 to 5 hours can't tell what it is anyway.

<rant>KH II should've been done in a dual-perspective.</endrant>

Spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 00:11   Link #120
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Haven't been following up with the discussion, but I'll say one thing:

The game rocked. Everything. Storyline, gameplay and plot.
Although I haven't kept up with Chain of Memories and other storyline sources, the story seems to leave everything in place at the end.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote