AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 13:58   Link #1
Ryu Koshi
18591479151120:9

Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi

I saw the preview and now I can't wait for Feb Not only is Noto Mamiko voicing the lead but Tanaka Rie , Kugimiya Rie and Ohara Sayaka are also in it. Given the nature of her character she'll probably be using her Masane or Hazuki voice. I also saw some yuri and censored stuff. Too bad its only set for 6 eps and is an OAV. Wish it was a series so the time in between eps wouldn't be so long. Anyway here's a link to Anime News Network for more info, there are other links there that lead to Jap official sites - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8931

1st ep comes out 1st week of Feb, btw anyone know whether there's a manga or not? Still can't find an article of it in Wiki
Ryu Koshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:22   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Could someone confirm if this is going to be aired on TV first (which would make it a TV Special) or if it is going to be released on DVD first (which would make it an OVA). AniDB and ANN seem to have different views on this at the moment.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:42   Link #3
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Could someone confirm if this is going to be aired on TV first (which would make it a TV Special) or if it is going to be released on DVD first (which would make it an OVA). AniDB and ANN seem to have different views on this at the moment.
The preview seems to suggest AT-X will be broadcasting it.

It also suggests that this will be a total mindscrew and may leave some viewers curled up in a ball in the corner sucking their thumb. Looks fun
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:44   Link #4
Westlo
Lets be reality

Six 1 hour episodes on tv first isn't it? Anyway looking forward to this, the trailer was interesting.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:46   Link #5
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Iv'e tried finding stuff on this but found nothing, thanks for this it looks like something ill defently watch but then its only got 6 episodes which means not alot of story about the characters or stuff like that.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:02   Link #6
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Iv'e tried finding stuff on this but found nothing, thanks for this it looks like something ill defently watch but then its only got 6 episodes which means not alot of story about the characters or stuff like that.
If it's six 1-hour episodes, it's got about as much story as your average 12-episode series
Old 2008-01-04, 15:03   Link #7
guess

I really think that if animesuki is planning to put up the torrent for this series, they should also put up a warning sign: for mature audience only and extremely violent! In fact this is definitely hentai, I don't think the BT should be listed here in the first place.

I was shocked watching the trailer. Is there a censored version?
Old 2008-01-04, 15:09   Link #8
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

The official site's info section states that the first episode will be airing on AT-X first, on 2007-02-03 (to commemorate the network's 10th anniversary), and then the next five episodes will be broadcast on the first week of the next corresponding months. The first DVD will be released later in spring 2008. It's definitely a TV special and not an OVA.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:30   Link #9
Ryu Koshi

dang 1 month per ep? that's why i prefer series. It may be uncensored when they show it on TV, i have seen other tv series that had frontal nudity. There are other series out there that are just as borderline hentai and has extreme graphic violence i.e. Speed Grapher.
Old 2008-01-04, 15:34   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks for the replies on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
In fact this is definitely hentai
If it contains explicit sex then we would not list it. This would need to be confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
It's definitely a TV special and not an OVA.
Despite the unusual TV schedule, I wouldn't consider it a "special" as such (if I remember Initial D - Fourth Stage had an unusual schedule as well). The fact it's an hour long explains the fact it's "only" 6 episodes long. But as you say, it's not an OVA (Or OAV).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:39   Link #11
Ryu Koshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
If it contains explicit sex then we would not list it. This would need to be confirmed.
It has some nipple pinching ( with clothes on ) , yuri kissing and most likely and hopefully more
Old 2008-01-04, 16:14   Link #12
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Whereas it is airing on a satellite TV station like AT-X, I still don't think it's going to contain explicit sex, since it is still the network's 10th anniversary special and made by two prominent companies in XEBEC and GENCO (Honey and Clover, Alien Nine, among others). It definitely looks like it'll have a lot of nudity and a couple of "graphic" elements though, and it'll be interesting to be see how they present them in the storyline, which doesn't appear to be the strongest. On the plus side, there's Noto Mamiko, Kugimiya Rie and Ohara Sayaka in the stellar-looking voice cast, which has certainly caught my interest.
Old 2008-01-04, 16:29   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

When talking about the stellar vocal cast how can you leave out the best Rie
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:23   Link #14
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
When talking about the stellar vocal cast how can you leave out the best Rie
Well, in the character descriptions released so far, Tanaka Rie's character has always been the last one in the list. She's voicing the "institute director", an apparently proud person. The trailers suggest she likes to fondle as well.

(from left to right) Asougi Rin (seiyuu: Noto Mamiko), Mimi (seiyuu: Kugimiya Rie), Laura (seiyuu: Ohara Sayaka), Eiposu (seiyuu: Ishida Akira) and Yamanobe Sayara (seiyuu: Tanaka Rie)

The character designs look pretty nice, and the animation in the promo was strong, so this definitely looks promising.
Old 2008-01-04, 18:47   Link #15
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The only thing that really concerns me is that we have next to nothing on the plot at the moment (the 'story' button on the official page is unclickable at the moment). From the trailer, we know something about psychotic immortals and an assassin, which is more than a little confusing. The content in the preview was a tad disturbing on a couple of levels, and the story has to be pretty strong for me to justify that kind of thing. I'm intrigued by the potential this has, but potential is often wasted. We'll see how this goes.
Old 2008-01-04, 21:10   Link #16
Falkor

This is the series I'm looking forward the most for the winter season. I was kinda shocked after watching the trailer since… well… the scenes were very suggestive (yuri undertones and red blood to mention a few). I have to add also that it has a great cast of seiyuus, including my favorites Mamiko Noto and Tanaka Rie while the animation quality seems fairly decent for a psychological thriller.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 23:10   Link #17
Siegel Clyne

Mnemosyne: Lesbianism and Sadism

If memory serves me correct, Hiyama Nobuyuki is voicing a character in Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi-, one that is unusual for him to play, I seem to recall.

Also, if memory serves me correct, Noto Mamiko commented that the role of Asougi Rin is a particularly difficult one to perform.

Every Japanese website which has covered Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- in detail that I have visited (eg., goo, AT-X) stresses that Yamanobe Sayara, head of Aoyama's Sayama Pharmaceutical Laboratory, is a sadist.

Describing Sayara as a "considerably sadistic character" and commenting that she is happy to voice her, Tanaka Rie seems to relish playing evil, if not crazy, villains: Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Morganna in .hack//SIGN, Nomura in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Fujou Kirie in Kara no Kyoukai, Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP local multiplayer RPG), Sakuya Haibara in Zero ~Gesshoku no Kamen~ (Zero ~Mask of the Lunar Eclipse~) / Fatal Frame IV (Nintendo Wii horror adventure game), etc. As someone elsewhere observes, "Rie Tanaka has one awesome evil voice."

Voice Acting Queen of Psychos and Sadists, Rie Tanaka AKA Suigintou AKA Gin-sama

Japanese viewers praise Rie Tanaka's great voice acting as the evil mad scientist villain Sayara Yamamobe in Episode 1, or the first OVA, of Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi-.

Mnemosyune -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- Munemusume 1 Hitome

711 : Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyouban de : 2008/02/06(Sui) 23:34:14 ID:7yT8K6lA
Hisashiburini bokki shita sakuhin da
Tokuni yokatta no wa, sado onna ga bodipiasu aketeiku goumon shiin
Ano Tanaka Rie no meiengi de inpo ga naotta

727 : Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyouban de : 2008/02/07(Moku) 01:27:11 ID:dIl4uMyi
Ano Do S no Yamanobe Sayara (Yamanobe Sayara) no koe wo tantou shita Tanaka Rie tte seiyuu wa nakanaka ii ne
Ano ryoukiteki de kyouki ni michiafureta sadisutikku joousama tte kanji no koe zokuzoku shita

783 : Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyouban de : 2008/02/08(Kin) 00:26:12 ID:18+YnfF/
Tanaka Rie no engiryoku ga sugoi ne
Do S kyara no koe ga pittari macchi shiteiru

902 : Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyouban de : 2008/02/10(Nichi) 03:09:11 ([p])[ID:ETGfe44a](5)
900 : Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyouban de : 2008/02/10(Nichi) 02:54:00 ([p])[ID:OBgb06TO](2)
Yatto ima, bideo mirareta

Noto X Kugimiya ga meate mitan daga
Tanaka Rie no kaien ga hikatteta ne w
Anmari Tanaka suki ja nakatta kedo fan ninatta ze
[>>900]
Ano Do S no onna (Yamanobe Sayara) no koe wa meien datta na

Engiryoku dato,

Tanaka Rie > Oohara Sayaka > Noto Mamiko > Kugimiya Rie

No junban darou na
---
Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- Munemusume Public Notice 1

711 : Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ Live with the On The Spot Board : 2008/02/06 (Wednesday) 23:34:14 ID:7yT8K6lA
It has been a long time since a work gave me an erection.
Especially good were the torture scenes with the woman sadist performing body piercing.
That sublime performance by Rie Tanaka cured my impotence.

727 : Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ Live with the On The Spot Board : 2008/02/07 (Thursday) 01:27:11 ID:dIl4uMyi
The voice actor who plays that dominant sadist Sayara Yamanobe, Rie Tanaka, is really good, isn't she?
Her voice for the sadistic queen overflowed with that madness seeking the bizarre, and sent shivers down my spine.

783 : Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ Live with the On The Spot Board : 2008/02/08 (Friday) 00:26:12 ID:18+YnfF/
Rie Tanaka's acting ability is awesome, isn't it?
Her voice matches the dominant sadist character perfectly.

902 : Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of Wind @ Live with the On The Spot Board : 2008/02/10 (Sunday) 03:09:11 (p) ID:ETGfe44a. (5)
900 : Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of Wind @ Live with the On The Spot Board : 2008/02/10 (Sunday) 02:54:00 (p) ID:OBgb06TO. (2)
I finally saw the video now.

I watched it with Noto and Kugimiya being the focus of my attention, but...
Rie Tanaka's extraordinary voice acting performance shined, didn't it? lol
I was not too fond of Tanaka before, but I have become a fan of hers now.
[>>900]
That voice for the dominant sadist woman (Sayara Yamanobe) was a tour de force.

When it comes to acting ability,

Rie Tanaka > Sayaka Ohara > Mamiko Noto > Rie Kugimiya

This is probably the order.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne : 2008-02-17 at 14:24 [13:24 PST]. Reason: Added kudos from Japanese viewers to Rie Tanaka's awesome performance as psycho sadist Sayara Yamanobe in the Mnemosyne anime.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-12-11 at 03:15.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:19   Link #18
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Describing Sayara as a "considerably sadistic character" and commenting that she is happy to voice her, Tanaka Rie seems to relish playing evil, if not crazy, villains: Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Morganna in .hack//SIGN, Nomura in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP local multiplayer RPG), etc. As someone elsewhere observes, "Rie Tanaka has one awesome evil voice."
Yeah, cuz Tomoe was crazy as hell! Rie is a great voice actress, considering that everytime Tomoe opened her mouth near the end of the Otome series, I just wanted to murder her!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 10:45   Link #19
Falkor

Quote:
If memory serves me correct, Hiyama Nobuyuki is voicing a character in Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi-, one that is unusual for him to play, I seem to recall.

Also, if memory serves me correct, Noto Mamiko commented that the role of Asougi Rin is a particularly difficult one to perform.

Every Japanese website which has covered Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- in detail that I have visited (eg., goo, AT-X) stresses that Yamanobe Sayara, head of Aoyama's Sayama Pharmaceutical Laboratory, is a sadist.

Describing Sayara as a "considerably sadistic character" and commenting that she is happy to voice her, Tanaka Rie seems to relish playing evil, if not crazy, villains: Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Morganna in .hack//SIGN, Nomura in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP local multiplayer RPG), etc. As someone elsewhere observes, "Rie Tanaka has one awesome evil voice."
Stressing the ‘seiyuu power’ might be a good omen for the complexity of the characters or the fact that the story lacks some depth. Anyway, I just hope this would turn out into a great psychological thriller. I don’t care too much about the story (or probably I do) as long as this explores the nature/behavior of the characters in a way that entertains me.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 12:31   Link #20
Ryu Koshi

Quote:

[/url]
that's understandable given the situation Rin was in, i wonder if she'll be using a deeper voice compared to when she voiced Hazuki from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Sayara's sadistic side was already partialy shown during the end of the preview hehe

Tags
at-x, ecchi, mature