AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-08, 20:25   Link #81
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

If you ask me, Basara and Sheryl should hook up. They've both got the same ideals and dreams. They're bound to hook up. Besides, Sheryl eventually warmed up to Basara in the game.

However, I doubt that Ranka truly understands Basara or Sheryl's look on singing because her singing is for a significant other constantly, whilst they sing to mere be heard and shake the galaxy (although one later sang for a significant other briefly).
Old 2012-08-09, 05:19   Link #82
ReddyRedWolf

Nah Sheryl grew up on Fire Bomber songs. She's the daughter Basara never had. Imagine if it was Basara that raise Sheryl not Grace.
Old 2012-08-09, 06:15   Link #83
magnuskn

That is a pretty good analogy.

Luckily for Alto, Sheryl wasn't as clueless towards the other sex as Basara was.
Old 2012-08-09, 09:24   Link #84
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I GIVE PEOPLE HOPES AND DREAMS!!!!!!

I think Ranka is a yandere...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:23   Link #85
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Nah Sheryl grew up on Fire Bomber songs. She's the daughter Basara never had. Imagine if it was Basara that raise Sheryl not Grace.
INCEST YEAH !

err.. I mean, I think tey make a nice couple with their personalities and all.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:35   Link #86
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Won't work, because thats like smacking two reactive weapons together. The results would be catastrophic!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-09, 13:44   Link #87
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I was going by in terms of their careers and dreams; since they are so similar in this aspect. Why did that get thrown out of perspective? -pales-
Old 2012-08-09, 16:54   Link #88
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am pretty sure Sheryl had those "Hopes and Dreams" before she arrived on Macross 25.
Old 2012-08-09, 17:49   Link #89
moncikoma

"Tetsuro Amino, the director of the original Macross 7 anime, is writing and directing the new project at Satelight with assistant director Takao Abo (Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Macross Frontier) and animation director Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic! franchise). Character designers Risa Ebata and Yûichi Takahashi are returning from Macross Frontier for the new work."

ANN

Is tetsuro amino had the skills? ....i doubt it...((((;゚Д゚)))))))

In my opinion...macross 7 is directed poorly..by him...
I hope his directing and writing skills already leveled up by by now..

I dont want to see sheryl say "ore no uta wo kikeeeee!" to some big monster and got her ass kicked like basara... (T ^ T)

But i really love to see basara and sheryl nome duet "angel voice"
Wuooooooo wuoooo woooouuu
Edited by moncikoma, Today, 02:43 PM.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:35   Link #90
magnuskn

Wait, is this seriously happening? Man, I hope we get some details soon.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:30   Link #91
angel8

Read this news: http://www.missionstartpodcast.com/2...-outlined.html
Macross fb7 is a continuation of macross frontier or macross 7??
Or have been merged into a single story?
Things we'll see who chose Alto!

Last edited by angel8; 2012-08-10 at 15:11.
Old 2012-09-04, 14:19   Link #92
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Just learned right now about this new Macross series...I'm really not quite sure how to feel about it really ^^;
And so, they say it happens in 2059, and that they are still at war with the vajra, meaning at this point everyone is still here in the story, including the missing Alto? Will this be a story in parallel with what we've seen, introduced somehow in the midst of the events we already know about? I guess this is something to see...

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
Old 2012-09-04, 14:57   Link #93
magnuskn

Its a good question in which continuity this movie will be. I kinda am hoping that it'll be a continuation of the TV series, but the fact that Alto seems to be missing in the cast kinda puts doubt to that.
Old 2012-09-06, 03:13   Link #94
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I GIVE PEOPLE HOPES AND DREAMS!!!!!!

I think Ranka is a yandere...

- Tak
I think you might like to look up the meaning on Yandere again...
Ranka doesn't look like the sort that would kill Sheryl for Alto... neither is it evidenced in the anime. (Please DO NOT GO RANKA VS SHERYL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

And having three singers? I think Grace will have to run, far, far away.

Maybe if they compose a song sung by all three of them, the epitome of awesomeness would occur, though I highly doubt that Ranka-chan and Sheryl Nome's Pop-style would fit with Basara's rock style. Just. Doesn't. Fit.

Then again...
Ozma + Fire Bomber?
I believe a certain person would be fanboying the Fire Bomber people like a drug addict on crack.

(Praying for the people to not overlook my cute, cute Ranka. Please give her her Seikan Hikou and probably a solo-Lion as well)

Then again, as I read in previous posts, someone mentioned that they would arrive in the middle of the Vajra war? Would that possibly constitute a continuity breach again?
Old 2012-09-06, 09:22   Link #95
maximilianjenus
[E]

don't worry, nobody wants ranka vs sheryl, if anything we want ranka x sheryl.
Old 2012-09-06, 09:39   Link #96
Ozuma-Rii

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Well I am a Ranka x Alto shipper... (But that is off topic)

So maybe we shall speculate more on what Ozma is going to be like when he gets to meet Basara?
Somehow, something tells me Ozma will be trying to get into the band somehow...
Old 2012-09-06, 17:09   Link #97
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Speak for yourself there, buddy.
Old 2012-09-08, 15:51   Link #98
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I don't mind a joint bad between Fire Bomber and Sheryl and Ranka. Rather, it would be nice to see if it would work; period. And who's to say it will or won't. It's up to the studio.

However, I disagree that people don't want to see a face-off between Sheryl and Ranka. I think that has been discussed back in '08. People would love to see the two face off. However, they are adults and act like it. So they won't fight each other over a stupid man. They are stronger than that. But I highly doubt they want to become lesbians instead. If Alto broke their hearts (and I mean both), they would move on. At least they'd have something once more in common.

The friendship of Ranka and Sheryl is seriously overlooked by haters. I've said it countless times that hating an anime character because your ship lost isn't right. I respect but dislike Sheryl; but I don't hate her. I find her friendship with Ranka to be sweet and delightful although at times bad. But the two girls understand each other more than Alto understands either girl. That shows a lot.

Back on topic, we all probably had a feeling this was coming, considering Ozma's love for Fire Bomber. I'm just glad that we'll get to see fixed footage from the '97 series. I love it when they revamp old series. I just don't like when they remake them, especially if you grew up with it (like Rurouni Kenshin or Sailor Moon). But I'm looking forward to see what they do with this plot they've drawn.

Am I to assume Alto will not be featured in the movie? His VA isn't listed...
Old 2012-09-08, 21:54   Link #99
Ozuma-Rii

Well, if so, we can just enjoy seeing our cute Ranka-chan singing on stage without any worries of the ships~
That being said, I am looking towards Totsugeki Love Heart Ozma style as an added bonus.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:24   Link #100
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

As long as there are no space whales..