AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-05, 11:48   Link #1001
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari_mari View Post
13 episodes. I think the pacing the show is currently taking is more suitable for a 26 episodes series. (I partially blame the people who are complaining at everything they hate about K.)
Yeah, considering that there's seven kings altogether and it seems to be focusing on two(Red/Blue...though I guess three if you count King Aizen or whomever the fuck Shiro is), it doesn't seem enough for 13 episodes...

unless this show gets picked up for another 13.

As long as my boys Kuroh and NotShizuo survive in the end, along with KittyGirl, it's all good.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 08:12   Link #1002
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Yeah, I think it'll be one of those shows which would be quite hard to follow in episodic form, but awesome when you watch it in one go. That's not a bad thing, though, but for now it explains why people complain so much.
But then you would miss out on all the speculating and theories that happen with and anime original series.

Quote:
I was thinking the same about the Tatara's soul (lost his memories of Homra) in Yashiro's body theory since Tatara's personality (in the manga) and Shiro's personality are quite alike. But if that theory turns out to be true, then that leaves one question hanging:

Who the hell is Yashiro?
Perhaps Tatara possessed the guy that killed him, but had no memories to speak of so he used the "Isana Shrine" image as a reference to think up his name. (as was suggested earlier)
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:35   Link #1003
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Listening to the full version of the ED right now. I don't like saying this much, but it's surprisingly epic.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 09:41   Link #1004
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Listening to the full version of the ED right now. I don't like saying this much, but it's surprisingly epic.
Agreed~ Plus, the first set of character songs are out. (YATA-CHAN, WHY IS YOUR VOICE SO HAWT)

Oh, and can I just say? I love this thread. Everyone is so objective and non-...shippy/delusional.

Episode 6 airs in, like, 2 hours~
kusuriuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 12:26   Link #1005
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Currently on epi 4, I gotta say this anime has grown on me since epi 1. Kuro fanboying over his Master's voice is truly hilarious, I love the sparkly around him when it happens

On 5, holy Miyano is so great, I love his "Mi...sa...ki".
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-11-08 at 12:59.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 12:54   Link #1006
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 13:47   Link #1007
ellessarr
Banned

the things geting more complicated looks like the "third person theory messing around" looking more plausible, is almost impossible for shiro messing with their own memories and ppls memories around him, look's like someone erased him existence(all ppls from school even kukuri, his school register, pictures, the guy on bar recongnize him) and finally neko's start to look suspicious about what is happen here(she run because she know kukuri dont gona be able to recongize him in to the cellphone), finally the peacefull plot ending and now us gona see what really happen here.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-11-08 at 14:08.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 15:38   Link #1008
kuromitsu

I had to miss two weeks due to various reasons, but I've just finished watching the recent episodes, and my reactions, basically:

1) OH MY GOD NEKO IS SO CUTE! Kitteeeehh~

2) Oh, Kurou, Kurou... xD

3) Seri is also pretty awesome, occasionally weirdly shaped boobs aside. As for Saruhiko, I can see pixiv has exploded since ep 5, but frankly I'm just waiting for the eventual reveal about him and Reishi. (There will be one, will there?)

4) While we're on the topic of Reishi and the Sexy Corps, is next week here yet? Also, won't Reishi get a character song? :/ (Can Sugita Tomokazu even sing? I don't think I've heard him sing yet, though if his singing voice is as dead-ringer for Koyasu Takehito as his speaking voice is...)

5) ep 6: aawww Shiro. I think the whole thing about his memories was pretty well-done.

6) The Sexy Corps knows the truth. I'm pretty sure of it. They have a connection to the Gold King, after all, that's highly suspicious in and of itself. (IS NEXT WEEK HERE YET?)

7) I still have no idea why people are complaining about the plot, especially after ep 6. I think it's coming together pretty nicely, and unless you're used to plot-heavy anime that hits you in the face with exposition and keeps explaining everything all the time, I really don't see how the writing in K is worse than most other shows out there. (I mean, there's Trigun for example. Not that I'm saying K is on the same level as Trigun, but even Trigun took 5 episodes to state the very obvious, and even more to get around showing bits and pieces from its plot. And yet I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about the writing and pacing...)

8) Oh yeah, and about ep 6. Yet again, Kaji Yuuki does his best Ishida Akira impression. xD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 16:21   Link #1009
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
the things geting more complicated looks like the "third person theory messing around" looking more plausible, is almost impossible for shiro messing with their own memories and ppls memories around him, look's like someone erased him existence(all ppls from school even kukuri, his school register, pictures, the guy on bar recongnize him) and finally neko's start to look suspicious about what is happen here(she run because she know kukuri dont gona be able to recongize him in to the cellphone), finally the peacefull plot ending and now us gona see what really happen here.
To me it seems like the reverse. His mere presence somewhere seems to sort of force this idea into the heads of those around him that he is this Yashiro guy and that they've known him forever. When he goes out of range, people's memories revert to normal. Because that person never actually existed.

Basically, he is impersonating a person who doesn't even exist. And nobody notices because everyone's memories are altered.

I saw this coming the moment the thing with the pictures in the restaurant came up. There were no pictures of him there, even though the owner insists he is such a regular. Just like there are no pictures of him at the festival, even though it's nigh impossible for him to not appear on any one of them. Then there's the fact that Kukri or whatever her name was, didn't know the person from the picture. He did not exist in the student records, yet no one seems to think of his presence as an anomaly. He also doesn't have a PDA with access code, which is natural because only students at the school have them. THEN Neko started protesting that they shouldn't call her but go visit her in person, after that, everything just clicked.

This is how a mystery should work.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 16:34   Link #1010
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To me it seems like the reverse. His mere presence somewhere seems to sort of force this idea into the heads of those around him that he is this Yashiro guy and that they've known him forever. When he goes out of range, people's memories revert to normal. Because that person never actually existed.

Basically, he is impersonating a person who doesn't even exist. And nobody notices because everyone's memories are altered.
Yep, this episode made that pretty clear. And also that Neko knows what's up with him, though I wonder to what extent, or if she has a hand (paw?) in it... it would be interesting to know when she met Shiro. Perhaps when he first showed up in the school? (She's such a sweet thing it's hard to imagine her serving a psycho, plus Kurou theorized she might have been a "rounin" of sorts before meeting Shiro.)

That said, though, it's still possible that there's an outsider tampering with Shiro... I don't know why psycho!Shiro would do something like sealing his own memories.

By the way, remember Kukuri's line in ep 1 about how she feels Shiro is going to disappear the moment she takes her eyes off of him? That's exactly what just happened. Figuratively, anyway.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-11-08 at 17:37.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:30   Link #1011
MAX_COLA_POWER!

So Neko hates phones huh? Even though that moment in the episode showed an important clue about her maybe, I decree, ALL PHONES MUST BE DESTROYED! THEY ARE PLOTTING TO GET RID OF NEKO! Also, her narrating the preview for episode 7, best, narration, ever. Also, her calling the blue king's swordswoman boob lady, would you consider that to be a pot calling kettle black moment?
Old 2012-11-08, 17:45   Link #1012
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
So Neko hates phones huh?
No that was just a excuse to stop Kurou from calling. She knew that if the guys called Kukuri, they would find out no one really knows Shiro.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:30   Link #1013
mistress_kisara

Episode 6...Best episode so far
- I love Tatara's back story! and his character song!!
- Neko knows something..
- MunakataVSKuro next week
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:07   Link #1014
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No that was just a excuse to stop Kurou from calling. She knew that if the guys called Kukuri, they would find out no one really knows Shiro.
Ah, I see...hmm...can we still destroy the phones just in case? I don't like seeing sad Neko :'(.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:12   Link #1015
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

With how things go, speculation can go a long way.

Quote:
I agree. Heck, if Hyouka is a mystery novel, then K outclasses it tenfold. We literally can't assume everything at this point.

Quote:
Nice theory.

Probably a reason why Neko doesn't like phones that it might blow her cover... IF she is responsible for this.

The only way we can confirm this is by taking Kurou away a certain distance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 23:24   Link #1016
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode adds more reason why Shiro does not have a cell phone.
His cover would be blown by day 1 if he had one.....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 23:52   Link #1017
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

I saw this coming the moment the thing with the pictures in the restaurant came up. There were no pictures of him there, even though the owner insists he is such a regular. Just like there are no pictures of him at the festival, even though it's nigh impossible for him to not appear on any one of them. Then there's the fact that Kukri or whatever her name was, didn't know the person from the picture. He did not exist in the student records, yet no one seems to think of his presence as an anomaly. He also doesn't have a PDA with access code, which is natural because only students at the school have them. THEN Neko started protesting that they shouldn't call her but go visit her in person, after that, everything just clicked.

Actually this is what I also think, but some disconects bug me like what the range of this power, because in episode 2 when kuroh first meet kukuri they are the school entrance and shiro is in him room and i think the room is not so close to school entrance to make the power work if its a regular power(like in vision range or something like 500 meters or 1km) and she remembered of him well, and again about the picture of him in her cell phone on who show him in the school with her in the 00:30(45min after the murder), if us take the account she take the picture not exactly at the time she meet with him but a few minutes after let's say 5min before this means she can be meet him at 00:25(the picture of him is when he already looking at the place) kuroh confirmed who no one gona be fast enought to travel all this distance(even kings, otherwise kuroh was able to say "kings can run fast or fly or something like that) here's mine theory; lets first take some points:

1 - Neko really know much more she say
2 - on this serie us see until now only 5 kings (gold, silver, black(colorless), red and blue aand know the existence of the green king)this means unless this show gona get a second season us have only the 5 firsts to work
3 - gold king only appear in first episode in a fast flashback saying "this town gona blow up"
4 - silver king appear in flashback too but appear later dancing(and taking pictures of shiro) with a girl who was using a mask catlike(and looks like lifeless(dead) or a doll or sleep or just unable to act for herself)
5 - is almost impossible for shiro doing everything alone without kuroh get noticed because he is the "last black king dogs" for what us get from the second episode he is very strong(not too much smart ofcourse ), to be able to challenge a king(this not means exactly defeat), and i dont think a kings can use his power without get noticed by other power user(especially a servant)for me is impossible he put a spell on himself to make himself forget about who is he and make everyone around him believe he is another person and him can brake this spell alone easy when he think the time for he trueself come back.

now mine theory:

the silver king can be a "good guy" and the person which is responsible for give the "kings power" to the choose person, and really shiro was choose to be the next black king(in the video shiro saying he is "waiting for someone who can be the silver king), but because him being a bad guy i think for a "for now" unknow reanson he can't just kill him, and because of this instead he used he's power to turn shiro in a good guy erasing shiro past and wickedness and put neko to watch over shiro and make sure he never going back to his "evil old person", the silver king is the owner of the school and place shiro on the school to start his new "good guy life" and using his power to mask shiro, but because of the video the thinks turned bad and now maybe shiro old evil personality can come back again this is what neko is trying hard to prevent because her duty(and feelings for him) but all the stress shiro is get gona make this inevitable.

another note i get bad for the kurohxkukuri ship because after him rise more flags with her(get her cellphone) she gona vanish because now i think the focus of the serie gona be the fights and the mystery, the school part is over and maybe us not gona see kukuri anymore unless she also working for the silver king too.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-11-09 at 00:50.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:05   Link #1018
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think Neko is the one who responsible to insert "Shiro" memories into everyone that she and Shiro met directly...not through phone, or any form of communications.

This is why Neko strongly object of using phone because Neko's power don't work through phone.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 00:32   Link #1019
mistress_kisara

I think the school students and staff are the only ones affected by the memory loss, if it's Kuro, Neko or any outsider would have remembered him
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 01:07   Link #1020
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

This is getting weird. It can't be a case of just Shiro having fake memories. After all, Katana-boy is a third perspective that experienced those school members "knowing" Shiro. So, what happened? Though, "Color-less" certainly has resemblances to a person who doesn't really exist.

Anyone else find an eerie resemblance between Shiro and Mr. Totsuka?

Also, Darumas sure seem to be popular in this show. I'm wondering if there's some other symbolism than good luck.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural