AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 12:31   Link #921
Aortic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
Eh. We don't have Tsumihoroboshi going, becuase my translator completely vanished.

Which really kind of irritates me, becuase he was doing really well before that, but one day he just up and vanished.
I seem the remember TheAce expressing some interest in translating that... If not we can try to track down another translator?

How's Minagoroshi coming by the way?

@cereal: by the way, are you the Spanish Joe who's been posting on the Gaku Guestbook?

Because he seems to be planning to work on the same arcs and I don't want either of you to waste your time... Maybe put your heads together?
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 14:13   Link #922
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
I seem the remember TheAce expressing some interest in translating that... If not we can try to track down another translator?

@cereal: by the way, are you the Spanish Joe who's been posting on the Gaku Guestbook?

Because he seems to be planning to work on the same arcs and I don't want either of you to waste your time... Maybe put your heads together?
First off, it's Spanish John, not Joe -_- And that's my partner. We just need to find a translator to get this project started.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 16:52   Link #923
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post

Well
Minagoroshi 04 and Matsuribayashi 02-03 are out
I'll try to get them done ASAP

As for, Tsumihoroboshi, I pass.

I'm kind of busy lately...
But one day, who knows...
Old 2008-09-12, 17:34   Link #924
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Wow, looks like I'm not the only person concerned with translating the manga. Our group plans on finishing Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen.
I don't really see why you'd do this since we'll be getting the official translations of them next year anyway...

I guess some people are just impatient...
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but that's just how I see it...

I did read what was translated of Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi, but I don't really think I'll want to finish them until I get the actual books...

Just my two cents....
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 18:51   Link #925
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Cool

Tsumbor-whatever the arc's name is,is out? .....:/ I want to see the flashback,even if I can't understand it! *whiny noise*

How troublesome...Watangashi-hen?But,that was already translated on Onemanga,why translate it again?...Oh,wait,that was only half way on the website And the other hens exept Onikakushi-hen,on that website stink...>>
Old 2008-09-12, 21:32   Link #926
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Tsumbor-whatever the arc's name is,is out? .....:/ I want to see the flashback,even if I can't understand it! *whiny noise*

How troublesome...Watangashi-hen?But,that was already translated on Onemanga,why translate it again?...Oh,wait,that was only half way on the website And the other hens exept Onikakushi-hen,on that website stink...>>
Tsumihoroboshi manga is out in Japan and complete. You can find the raw scans online, or order the raw manga volumes from Sasuga Books, or a website like that. I got the raw volumes from Sasuga at a convention, and they have funringana, so they are fairly easy to read.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 22:10   Link #927
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
I actually own volume 1 of Tsumihoroboshi-hen... I got it like over a year ago xD
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 08:13   Link #928
The Best In The West
ひぐらしのなく頃に fan.

Post Back, with some questions

Its been awhile since my last post here, and so, I was wondering if there are any new fan-sub translations since my last vist?

Here is our check list:

By Reading order:

1)Onikakushi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Epiloge.
2)Watanagashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4
3)Tatarigoroshi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
4)Himatsubushi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Epilogue.
5)Oni Sarashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, Prologue, 4, 5, 6, 7.
6)Utsutsukowashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3.
7)Yoigoshi-hen - ch: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

*Higurashi doujinshi:

- Gorioshi-hen
- Hajisarashi-hen
- Katautsushi-hen
- Rakukayushi-hen
- Kimodameshi-hen
- Higurashi no Naku You ni

----Series Break----

8)Legend of the Golden Witch - ch: 0, 1, 2, 3.

P.S
Spoiler for P.S [not related]:

Thanks in advance,
The Best In The West
The Best In The West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 10:16   Link #929
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best In The West View Post
1) I know this is not very related, but I heard something about making "Umineko" into a new anime serie, is that true? and if so, is there an offical date?

2) is there going to be another higurashi serie [season 3??], and if so, is there an offical date?
1) Yes, they started production this summer but we still don't know when it will start airing.

2) Rei will be made into a series of five OVAs with the first one being released on December 26. A new OVA will be released each two months following that which mean that the last one should be released in August 2009.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:10   Link #930
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post

English volume 1 cover.
That's pretty awesome.
...Made me realize that I preordered it without even knowing what it looked like...>>"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
Stop whining and learn japanese, if you to read them so bad.
It's harder than you think it is to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchion Oni View Post
I tried to check out the raws on photo163, but I just got some japanese message and couldn't get to the raws anyways. Any clue on what's happening?
I used Google translator thingy, and it said that the user violated the copyright, so every picture got taken down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
I don't really see why you'd do this since we'll be getting the official translations of them next year anyway...

I guess some people are just impatient...
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but that's just how I see it...

I did read what was translated of Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi, but I don't really think I'll want to finish them until I get the actual books...

Just my two cents....
Well I'm personally trying to find a translator for people in other countries who can read English, but it's not coming out by them or something...>>"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Tsumihoroboshi manga is out in Japan and complete. You can find the raw scans online, or order the raw manga volumes from Sasuga Books, or a website like that. I got the raw volumes from Sasuga at a convention, and they have funringana, so they are fairly easy to read.
Dreamiel, I know you probably don't like me, but I really need to fnd a translator. So would you be willing to help with the end of Watanagashi (which has little over a volume left) and Tatarigoroshi (which the second volume just needs to be finished)? >>"
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 12:35   Link #931
The Best In The West
ひぐらしのなく頃に fan.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
1) Yes, they started production this summer but we still don't know when it will start airing.

2) Rei will be made into a series of five OVAs with the first one being released on December 26. A new OVA will be released each two months following that which mean that the last one should be released in August 2009.
Tnanks, and what about:
Quote:
Its been awhile since my last post here, and so, I was wondering if there are any new fan-sub translations since my last vist?
Old 2008-09-13, 12:50   Link #932
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
GGAL is planning on doing Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen, while the new group on the block (Keiichi Got Killed Again [KGKA], a group consisting of me and cereal_killerxx, still in need of a translator) is planning on doing the ends of Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Kokoroiyashi-hen once we find raws, and Kataribanashi-hen. The website is kgka.wordpress.com, so far it's still under construction, after it's done and we've snagged a translator, we'll start putting up releases of already done chapters by The Higurashi Project.

Last edited by HigurashiRika_04621; 2008-09-13 at 14:38.
Old 2008-09-13, 13:24   Link #933
tobiast88
No patience for fools

->HigurashiRika_04621
Guess what I'm doing in college? People who whine about things they have no idea about annoy me.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 13:45   Link #934
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
->HigurashiRika_04621
Guess what I'm doing in college? People who whine about things they have no idea about annoy me.
Go on and learn it in college. You don't have to be an ass to people who can't/haven't learned it yet. Personally, if I ever get into college, I'll take it without a moment's hesitation. o.o
Old 2008-09-13, 14:24   Link #935
tobiast88
No patience for fools

I'm not gloating about my learning japanese - I'm annoyed at people who've known Higurashi for all of a week complaining about how not every single Higurashi-related product pumped out in Japan is available translated on the net.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 04:01   Link #936
The Best In The West
ひぐらしのなく頃に fan.

Thumbs up Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post

GGAL is planning on doing Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen, while the new group on the block (Keiichi Got Killed Again [KGKA], a group consisting of me and cereal_killerxx, still in need of a translator) is planning on doing the ends of Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Kokoroiyashi-hen once we find raws, and Kataribanashi-hen. The website is kgka.wordpress.com, so far it's still under construction, after it's done and we've snagged a translator, we'll start putting up releases of already done chapters by The Higurashi Project.
Great I can't wait for wait for it! good luck.

The Best In The West
Old 2008-09-14, 16:30   Link #937
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post

Well, I wouldn't have any interest in Watanagashi, since that is my least favorite arc, but I would be willing to help out with Tatarigoroshi-Hen. Here is where I stand on translating though:

-My Japanese is fair, not anything excellent. (For my own personal use I have already translated the manga seiries "Ray" and "Happy Family" to give you an idea of stuff I've done). I don't claim my translations are perfect though, so I would prefer to have some one else translating with me, or a translation checker, or something along those lines working with me as a partner.

-I'm pretty busy in real life, so what timeframe exactly, would each chapter have to be done by?
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:44   Link #938
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Well, I wouldn't have any interest in Watanagashi, since that is my least favorite arc, but I would be willing to help out with Tatarigoroshi-Hen. Here is where I stand on translating though:

-My Japanese is fair, not anything excellent. (For my own personal use I have already translated the manga seiries "Ray" and "Happy Family" to give you an idea of stuff I've done). I don't claim my translations are perfect though, so I would prefer to have some one else translating with me, or a translation checker, or something along those lines working with me as a partner.

-I'm pretty busy in real life, so what timeframe exactly, would each chapter have to be done by?
Ah, thank you~!

Well, I think we've secured another translator, so he could check your translations. Would you mind working on Kokoroiyashi-hen and/or Tsumihoroboshi-hen too? Or is that too much?

I'm not planning on any schedule, just give cereal_killerxx scripts specifying what goes where, stuff like that when you're done, and he'll put in the translations and edit as well.

Also, if you want access to editing the website and stuffs, you'd have to make a wordpress.com account. After you've done that/if you already have one, I'll tell you what to do then...>>"

By the way, d'you have AIM/MSN? >>"
Old 2008-09-20, 23:26   Link #939
Aortic

Matsuribayashi Ch. 1 out!!

(~^_^)~

http://www.freewebs.com/aortic/matsuribayashihen.htm
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 04:48   Link #940
st_nick5

Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it when I looked through this thread. To get the nekogoroshi-hen novel you need to send the cut-out stamps that come with volume one of onikakushi-hen, watanagashi-hen, and tatarigoroshi-hen right? Well a couple of months ago I bought volume one and two of onikakushi-hen and I can't find any stamps. Have they stopped making that novel or something?

edit - If I get all the DVDs of the first series, will they still come with tokens to get the nekogoroshi-hen DVD?

Last edited by st_nick5; 2008-09-21 at 05:24. Reason: Fixed spelling
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote