AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 12:51   Link #3441
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I like the bouncyness of TinkleBell's 3D models.

While the usefulness of the bouncing may be limited to H, it makes for very lively, natural characters where other games present you with more or less static pictures.
I wonder how it would translate to other visual styles. I have not seen anyone else use it to that degree yet.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:10   Link #3442
Zakoo

Though I understand one twenth of what's said, I find dracu riot quite good, men hopefully there's voice without that it would be marsian for me.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:19   Link #3443
hyl
reading #hikaributts

After reading a few people disliking Dracu-riot, well I didn't think that it was that bad. It's not great, but i have seen much worse. Atleast i liked most of the characters.

@zakoo If you can't understand/read what was said, then you are obviously missing out alot 0_0
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:25   Link #3444
Zakoo

Certainly, but I understand the general thing like how the red haired girl (for example I don't even know her name) seems blocked with "sekusu".

Weell, after this I'm not a regular gamer of erogame so I can't really judge it but the pictures are quite good.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:37   Link #3445
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Certainly, but I understand the general thing like how the red haired girl (for example I don't even know her name) seems blocked with "sekusu".

Weell, after this I'm not a regular gamer of erogame so I can't really judge it but the pictures are quite good.
Seriously though, how can you even judge the the game (you probably haven't even finished one story) if you can't read/listen to it at all. You even said it yourself that you can't even remember her name, eventhough many characters in the game clearly say "Miu" or "Yarai" all the time to her.
VN's are similar to books. You do need to understand the writing to enjoy it. It's not like manga or comics in which you can understand most of it by just looking at the panels and the character expressions.

Its not much different if i am going to my local library and i read the book "Madame Bovary" and i find it bad just because i can't understand french.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:44   Link #3446
Zakoo

Eeeerrr, sir I never said I wasn't understanding a thing, I understand the whole story but narrative line are a bit too much for me and what I meant by this is that without the voice I wouldn't be able to understand a thing. Hopefully I can match the kanji with the voice and make a research when I totally don't understand.

Also you are missing the point why am I playing those novels, I do understand that as a VN fan you might be heavily offensed by what am I doing here, but it's for training, if I never launch myself into "real book" and stay inside my educational book, I won't ever understand a thing about the real japenese language. This is how I did for english and this is how I plan to do with japenese.

And if I didn't know why her name was Miu, it's because I wasn't at the hospital yet, true that she always had the name "woman" on her.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:49   Link #3447
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Eeeerrr, sir I never said I wasn't understanding a thing, I understand the whole story but narrative line are a bit too much for me and what I meant by this is that without the voice I wouldn't be able to understand a thing. Hopefully I can match the kanji with the voice and make a research when I totally don't understand.

Also you are missing the point why am I playing those novels, I do understand that as a VN fan you might be heavily offensed by what am I doing here, but it's for training, if I never launch myself into "real book" and stay inside my educational book, I won't ever understand a thing about the real japenese language.

And if I didn't know why her name was Miu, it's because I wasn't at the hospital yet, true that she always had the name "woman" on her.
So you are just at the beginning of the game and you already say that it's not good? (i assume you meant the first hospital scene after Yuuto was bitten). Isn't that a little too early to say that?
I have read many VN's that started out average and it ended up quite good. (some eroge have the standard cliche settings)
For training, i wouldn't use eroge with dark or supernatural settings. Eventhough Dracu-Riot was not that hard to read for me, but there are other VN's that are much easier to understand.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:51   Link #3448
Zakoo

I never said it wasn't good, my words were something like "even though I understand one twenth of what's said, I find it quite good".

I think you and I must be pretty tired. Because either I expressed myself pretty pooly, wich is heavely possible seeing the hour it is here, or you misread me.

Well, whatever I'm going to hug my pillows, it's fairly night here, continuing reading this would simply hurt my brain cells more and more.
Old 2012-04-08, 18:01   Link #3449
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I never said it wasn't good, my words were something like "even though I understand one twenth of what's said, I find it quite good".

I think you and I must be pretty tired. Because either I expressed myself pretty pooly, wich is heavely possible seeing the hour it is here, or you misread me.

Well, whatever I'm going to hug my pillows, it's fairly night here, continuing reading this would simply hurt my brain cells more and more.
oops i misread not good
Anyways, i still dont recommend dracu riot as a training VN though.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:47   Link #3450
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Hitomi My Stepsister anime adaptation anyone. It might be a crappy 2-episode OVA but at least that the best thing it can get.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:33   Link #3451
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Stuff like this is why I play visual novels.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:50   Link #3452
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ahh, minori, there is little that beats them when it comes to visual eye candy. I could rewatch the flying part of that PV a dozen times and not get bored, such a treat for the eyes. (The first OP of ef is still probably my favorite of their offerings).

Being the long term fan of them that I am, I'm definitely looking towards this.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:51   Link #3453
amc9988

Hello, in hoshizora no memoria does anyone know what Komomo said in the end of her route? The one with no text and just voice where the background was white with ~Fin~. Thanks..
amc9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:51   Link #3454
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Stuff like this is why I play visual novels.
I think the trailer looks great, and I'll definitely buy the game, but two unrelated thoughts:

1. Alice should maybe consider slowing down a bit to avoid unnecessary chaos in flight.

2. If this is Story #01, I assume that means there'll probably be at least three. Not that it's surprising give first/latter with ef, but hopefully the franchise will be well-received on the whole (and they won't keep us waiting too long for the other parts).

The "Nice to Meet You" preview was interesting, but really didn't tell you much beyond introducing the characters, and giving a very brief hint of something much darker at the end. Not much hint of that in this trailer yet either... but we'll see. (It also wasn't terribly clear in the preview if there'd be a typical male protagonist (or even a male character ).)
Old 2012-04-09, 02:04   Link #3455
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The "Nice to Meet You" preview was interesting, but really didn't tell you much beyond introducing the characters, and giving a very brief hint of something much darker at the end. Not much hint of that in this trailer yet either... but we'll see. (It also wasn't terribly clear in the preview if there'd be a typical male protagonist (or even a male character ).)
Male protagonist has been confirmed. A person by the name of 真田幸成:
Spoiler for Magazine:

Anyways, I just hope the actual game doesn't lag like the "Nice to Meet You" preview did.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 02:14   Link #3456
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Male protagonist has been confirmed. A person by the name of 真田幸成
Aha -- I sort of figured that would be the case since the preview did talk about love as a theme, which per that magazine will be a central feature here. With the way they're splitting it, I imagine that means that each Story could feature a different protagonist, as with ef.

Quote:
Anyways, I just hope the actual game doesn't lag like the "Nice to Meet You" preview did.
This is really true. That was sort of impressive in its own way.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:42   Link #3457
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Hitomi My Stepsister anime adaptation anyone. It might be a crappy 2-episode OVA but at least that the best thing it can get.
Please not. The only saving grace of Hitomi's route was the ending. The rest was nothing more than huge mistreatment of her
I would much prefer a Crescendo anime .

Back to "Friends": Seriously, the VN seems unpolished. Among the issues I mentioned before there are also at times kanjis which are slightly cut-down at the bottom. It doesn't make them unreadable per say, but it's annoying.

@Minori VNs: I'm torn in my opinion. Ef was an amazing piece of work for me, but "winds a breath of heart" on the other hand had a few really unpleasant points (the dense MC's talk of "I always knew how you felt about me, but was too afraid to change our current relationship" I was like "WTF?! No you had no clue and showed no single reaction to Minamo's attempts!", and the feeling-wise sudden change to all-drama/tragedy towards the end)
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:50   Link #3458
Zenken

Somebody saw this?
Video about White Day in Dies Irae.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2L78qEDBDc

I LOL'd so hard!!!
Zenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:02   Link #3459
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenken View Post
Somebody saw this?
Video about White Day in Dies Irae.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2L78qEDBDc

I LOL'd so hard!!!
Yes...been on Nico Nico for a while. It also proves the raging homolust of Machina...
Old 2012-04-11, 14:00   Link #3460
Zenken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes...been on Nico Nico for a while. It also proves the raging homolust of Machina...

Well, I'm more surprised with Shiro being totally nuts here ajajaa

And the little confusion about Wolfgang's gender.
Zenken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel