AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-14, 22:56   Link #1121
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Honestly for me harems aren't about the amount of girls a character can get, it's the quality. If you have 15+ people in the story all after the same thing it'll get repetitive and boring. From a writing standpoint right now there is room for maybe 1 more main girl to be added(Issei's future queen) comfortably the main factions have all already been represented in the harem;

Devil: Rias, Asia, Xenovia, Kiba, Ravel
Fallen Angel: Akeno
Angel: Irina
Youkai: Koneko, maybe Kunou
Asgard: Rossweisse
Vampie: Gasper

Since Issei is a dragon and the "son" of Great Red and Ophis there isn't much else to add without the story feeling overpopulated by too many characters.
Gasper is a man, Vampire fraction actually is not part of the peace, I thing hat in the end of this arc they will be in peace with the vampire princess as a future harem member.
Old 2013-06-14, 23:01   Link #1122
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Gasper is a man, Vampire fraction actually is not part of the peace, I thing hat in the end of this arc they will be in peace with the vampire princess as a future harem member.
Doesn't change the fact that Gasper and Kiba are still part of the harem. The characteristics of a harem member is "someone actively trying to become romantically closer to the main character" gender has nothing to do with it. What I meant to say is that most of the factions are all already represented within Isseis harem. Sure I'm not ruling out the possibility that a vampire girl may become interested in Issei just saying Gasper is there already.
Old 2013-06-14, 23:32   Link #1123
Chris38

^

Well, regarding who might enter the harem, I think that there is a possibility that Tiamat is going to be the last "main" harem member ... and Ise's future queen.

I know that she hasn't been introduced yet ... and is known to hate Ddraig who's soul is contained within Ise's body, but she might change her opinion about him, after she learns that Ise is the "son" of Great Red and Ophis, which is something that I could see, as a reason, why a "dragon girl" would become interested in Ise.

Not to mention that, I think that there is some reason, why the author hasn't introduced her to us, so far.
Old 2013-06-14, 23:33   Link #1124
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
she far more likely to end up with Gasper than she is with Issei
Old 2013-06-14, 23:36   Link #1125
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^

Well, regarding who might enter the harem, I think that there is a possibility that Tiamat is going to be the last "main" harem member ... and Ise's future queen.

I know that she hasn't been introduced yet ... and is known to hate Ddraig who's soul is contained within Ise's body, but it shouldn't change the fact that with Ise becoming the "son" of Great Red and Ophis, I could see some "dragon girl" becoming interested in him.

Not to mention that, I think that there is some reason why the author hasn't introduced her to us, so far.
Yup Ishibumi has said in the afterwords that for now the Harem is mostly done and no new girls will join like the others, I also want Tiamat to be Isseis queen. She's the most interesting yet to be revealed character she hates Ddraig, she's the strongest dragon king, she's lived as a human for a long time and her name is just awesome "Chaos Dragon". Just such a great story is waiting to be revealed for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
she far more likely to end up with Gasper than she is with Issei
Totally agree to be honest, I can see her pining for Gasper all the while Gasper is trying to "spend time" with his senpai.
Old 2013-06-15, 01:03   Link #1126
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

What really makes a good LN is that not every single girl falls for the main MC. I mean, Gasper and Kiba deserves some love too. Well....Kiba already has someone that likes him and so I was hoping Gasper will be next

Old 2013-06-15, 03:57   Link #1127
Kirihara_R

lol why do i get a feeling that this girl will be a threat to Rias and Akeno
Spoiler for ..:
up to now she's the only one who doesn't make a move so im curious of what kind of advances she will do for isse .. (setting aside her yandere side though)..
Old 2013-06-15, 04:40   Link #1128
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
What really makes a good LN is that not every single girl falls for the main MC. I mean, Gasper and Kiba deserves some love too. Well....Kiba already has someone that likes him and so I was hoping Gasper will be next
Implying they want a girl to begin with. Kiba has been making lunches for Issei and trying to get him to eat lunch with him, Gasper has been sticking to Issei more than usual and sitting on his lap. Not to mention they both have been giving Issei "looks" saying they wanted to go on dates with him and that's just scratching the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxd22 View Post
lol why do i get a feeling that this girl will be a threat to Rias and Akeno
Spoiler for ..:
up to now she's the only one who doesn't make a move so im curious of what kind of advances she will do for isse .. (setting aside her yandere side though)..
As of now she just wants to go on a date with him. I think she sees him like a little brother at the moment. Maybe since she's a demi-god Isseis [Dragon Swag] works slower than most.
Old 2013-06-15, 04:45   Link #1129
sky black swordman

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that Gasper and Kiba are still part of the harem. The characteristics of a harem member is "someone actively trying to become romantically closer to the main character" gender has nothing to do with it. What I meant to say is that most of the factions are all already represented within Isseis harem. Sure I'm not ruling out the possibility that a vampire girl may become interested in Issei just saying Gasper is there already.
IIRC the didn't the author say that Kiba was a member of Issei's harem.

Quote:
Very true on both points. The only problem is that Kiba has little to no interest in Tsubaki or any other girl for that matter. And Gasper does have someone who likes him, Sona's Knight, Meguri.
Old 2013-06-15, 05:52   Link #1130
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Very true on both points. The only problem is that Kiba has little to no interest in Tsubaki or any other girl for that matter. And Gasper does have someone who likes him, Sona's Knight, Meguri.
Too bad they're under Isseis [Dragon Swag] passive. Yup it's a shame really, both girls are great.
Old 2013-06-15, 06:21   Link #1131
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:
Implying they want a girl to begin with. Kiba has been making lunches for Issei and trying to get him to eat lunch with him, Gasper has been sticking to Issei more than usual and sitting on his lap. Not to mention they both have been giving Issei "looks" saying they wanted to go on dates with him and that's just scratching the surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Yea...but there wont be smoke if there isnt fire....the author will not make a character just to fall for Kiba for nothing lol.

Old 2013-06-15, 06:35   Link #1132
Somethindarker

Quote:
Yea...but there wont be smoke if there isnt fire....the author will not make a character just to fall for Kiba for nothing lol.
They weren't made for Kiba or Gaspers sake though, they've been around since volume 3 I think we didn't know they were crushing on them til like volume 10. Fact of the matter is Kiba has been hinted as gay since volume 4 or 5, don't know about Gasper although the hints are there. Take it from me when writing a book characters' stories have been plotted from the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if Kibas character arc would've gone up to volume 7-8 since volume 1 same with Gasper.

Edit; Where di you get those nifty sigs? Been meaning to get a couple haven't found any good ones.
Old 2013-06-15, 06:42   Link #1133
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Quote:
They weren't made for Kiba or Gaspers sake though, they've been around since volume 3 I think we didn't know they were crushing on them til like volume 10. Fact of the matter is Kiba has been hinted as gay since volume 4 or 5, don't know about Gasper although the hints are there. Take it from me when writing a book characters' stories have been plotted from the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if Kibas character arc would've gone up to volume 7-8 since volume 1 same with Gasper.

Edit; Where di you get those nifty sigs? Been meaning to get a couple haven't found any good ones.
I have been wondering whether could it be that the author just wants to attract readers. He just gives subtly "yaoi" vibes to attract yaoi shippers and yet he wants to attract readers that likes beta couples - that is why there is the whole Kiba-Tsubaki thing lolz....But I support Tsubaki though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the sigs here: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...cussionid=1980

Old 2013-06-15, 06:50   Link #1134
Somethindarker

Quote:
I have been wondering whether could it be that the author just wants to attract readers. He just gives subtly "yaoi" vibes to attract yaoi shippers and yet he wants to attract readers that likes beta couples - that is why there is the whole Kiba-Tsubaki thing lolz....But I support Tsubaki though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the sigs here: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...cussionid=1980
Ishibumi is not the best author out there, his stories aren't overly serious or dramatic but he writes things that are entertaining and has a knack for world building. I'm a fan, when DxD comes to an end I'll follow him and his books whether he goes onto College DxD or decides to write something new.
Old 2013-06-15, 07:03   Link #1135
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Can we include mil-tan in that territory well just kidding, kidding aside do you think that ravel accept Le Fay asissei contract magician

I wonder if the other Longinus has been discover maybe just maybe the last few Longinus are probably be in the evil group

It's just a theory I think saji sacred gear might mutate into 14th Longinus because all piece are complete if that happen I wonder what will sona think
Old 2013-06-15, 07:19   Link #1136
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Can we include mil-tan in that territory well just kidding, kidding aside do you think that ravel accept Le Fay asissei contract magician

I wonder if the other Longinus has been discover maybe just maybe the last few Longinus are probably be in the evil group

It's just a theory I think saji sacred gear might mutate into 14th Longinus because all piece are complete if that happen I wonder what will sona think
Lol forgot about Mil-tan. I don't know about Le Fay and Issei man, part of me thinks it's a good idea the other part thinks it will only end badly. Vitra becoming a Longinus might be in the cards, remember when the Original Sacred Gear was made it only took into account 1/5 of Vitras soul so now that all of it has been put into Saji it could very well be a Longinus. Only thing we need is confirmation from Azazel or Micheal in the coming volumes.

Edit; Also to me Saji's Longinus might not be as great as Isseis or Valis in a straight up 1v1 fight, but in a team battle that baby is OP as all hell! Did you guys read Vol. 14? Magicians vs Kuou Academy Allstars? Jeeeeeeesus Saji was definitely the MVP of that one.
Old 2013-06-15, 07:29   Link #1137
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lol forgot about Mil-tan. I don't know about Le Fay and Issei man, part of me thinks it's a good idea the other part thinks it will only end badly. Vitra becoming a Longinus might be in the cards, remember when the Original Sacred Gear was made it only took into account 1/5 of Vitras soul so now that all of it has been put into Saji it could very well be a Longinus. Only thing we need is confirmation from Azazel or Micheal in the coming volumes.

Edit; Also to me Saji's Longinus might not be as great as Isseis or Valis in a straight up 1v1 fight, but in a team battle that baby is OP as all hell! Did you guys read Vol. 14? Magicians vs Kuou Academy Allstars? Jeeeeeeesus Saji was definitely the MVP of that one.
Well it's just theory so if the author make saji sacred gear into Longinus it might possible but far-fetched if the author make it as a Longinus it might be a support/technique type Longinus err beside saji, issei did his part well a very good support attacker so I might think both issei and saji are the ace of the team while sona is the brain I think 3 of them combine are MVP's of the joint team without the support of both dragons and team brain they might lose probably
Old 2013-06-15, 07:37   Link #1138
Somethindarker

Quote:
Well it's just theory so if the author make saji sacred gear into Longinus it might possible but far-fetched if the author make it as a Longinus it might be a support/technique type Longinus
True, but it was a strictly support type pre-upgrade. Let me correct myself I thought there were 4 other pieces of Vitra's soul but there are only 3 others which are now merged back together. Now he has a perfect Sacred Gear which could turn out to become another Longinus. We'd just have to wait and see.
Old 2013-06-15, 07:40   Link #1139
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
True, but it was a strictly support type pre-upgrade. Let me correct myself I thought there were 4 other pieces of Vitra's soul but there are only 3 others which are now merged back together. Now he has a perfect Sacred Gear which could turn out to become another Longinus. We'd just have to wait and see.
if the theory is true i might called it a dragon king Longinus thx to azrael experiment
Old 2013-06-15, 07:42   Link #1140
Somethindarker

Quote:
if the theory is true i might called it a dragon king Longinus thx to azrael experiment
Or "Extra Longinus". "Imperfect Longinus" sounds good too
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life