AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 10:09   Link #2041
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Then what exactly is that "mechanism x" ? What is the miraclous device that can lock the door from the outside without using key ?

Battler's theory is very simple. The culpit is not there, the adult come in and lock from the inside, then get killed. It's very different with your "mechnism x". Locking from inside without using key is a very common thing. You can find locks like that everywhere.
Old 2009-06-29, 10:15   Link #2042
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Because small bombs are very common. Isn't a remote control lock a lot more common than that? My car has it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 10:17   Link #2043
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Battler's theory is very simple. The culpit is not there, the adult come in and lock from the inside, then get killed. It's very different with your "mechnism x". Locking from inside without using key is a very common thing. You can find locks like that everywhere.
But When the six were killed in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel!
And what's the definition for an Auto-lock? Because there was stated in red that no room other than Kinzo's one has it.
Ttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 10:22   Link #2044
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well anyway I can understand this whole thing if you say you are planning ahead imagining that such kind of mechanisms would be denied. But I still think it's a bad choice to make unnecessary moves.
Also trying to solve a problem starting from the assumption it has a complicated solution might cause you to miss a way easier solution.

Old 2009-06-29, 10:29   Link #2045
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Because small bombs are very common. Isn't a remote control lock a lot more common than that? My car has it.
I am not talking about the small bombs, it's ridiculous.
What I am talking about is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But the real point is this theory doesn't explain anything and it is unneeded. Even if you somehow manage to explain how the Killer wasn't in the same room, so what? What do you accomplish with that? This isn't your usual closed room with the key inside it.
You said that the that theory didn't explain anything, and I disagree, if it's true then it explained everything. Not that I agree with that small bombs thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
But When the six were killed in the chapel, the culprit was inside the chapel!
I'm talking about Battler's theory, that's before 34 denied it.
Old 2009-06-29, 10:57   Link #2046
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nih View Post
I was trying to show how most of the information we're given can be interpreted in several ways. Truth is what you make it to be
And everyone knows it can be interpreted several ways, which is why there are so many theories in this thread. You don't need to prove something like that, silly

If it all pointed to one solution already, then there'd be no need for discussion (and quite frankly, a lot of us would be bored and disappointed). The options won't be narrowed to one until Ryu07 reveals the "truth"... it's more like what he makes it to be.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 11:33   Link #2047
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I was just thinking, but if the door on Kinzo's door has an autolock, can the culprit change that door itself with most of the doors where a closed room mystery happens?
It's not like there was much focus on the doors themselves, and I also don't think there is anything unique in appearance regarding Kinzo's door.
Edit: Plus now we also know Kinzo is dead, so I think he hardly going to miss his own door.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-29 at 11:54.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:03   Link #2048
maximilianjenus
[E]

The culprit is carrying around kinzo's door to create closed rooms.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:17   Link #2049
Serpit

The culprit is Kinzo's door.

Spoiler for Flawless explanation:
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:37   Link #2050
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Was there a red ever disproving that anyway?
Well it's not like the culprit cannot do it to be honest. Just changing the doors takes like an hour or so I reckon, and the perpetrator can do it before the murders so it won't conflict with the red I think. (fair enough not all the closed rooms can be solved like that though)
Albeit it is quite silly to imagining that someone is purposely murdering someone in a room where he deliberately changed the door beforehand. It still makes more sense than Battler's small bomb theory or several other I've read explaining the closed rooms.
Old 2009-06-29, 14:09   Link #2051
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

ahah I just love these theories xD btw does anyone have any idea of who is Battler's mom? O_o

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 14:17   Link #2052
Nih

You know, sometimes it feels like Ryukishi's truth is not entirely determined by him :P I remember an interesting theory mentioning that Battler could somewhat influence the events of the games. That would be kinda neat if it were true.
Nih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:03   Link #2053
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Was there a red ever disproving that anyway?
Well it's not like the culprit cannot do it to be honest. Just changing the doors takes like an hour or so I reckon, and the perpetrator can do it before the murders so it won't conflict with the red I think. (fair enough not all the closed rooms can be solved like that though)
Albeit it is quite silly to imagining that someone is purposely murdering someone in a room where he deliberately changed the door beforehand. It still makes more sense than Battler's small bomb theory or several other I've read explaining the closed rooms.
If you really want to go that way, then Klashikari's hypothesis that the culprit is simply changing the glass of the windows after breaking them, is less weird and not as improbable.

Although I wonder if such method is valid when it is stated in red that the windows can't be closed from outside.

Old 2009-06-29, 15:04   Link #2054
Cola91

Quote:
You know, sometimes it feels like Ryukishi's truth is not entirely determined by him :P I remember an interesting theory mentioning that Battler could somewhat influence the events of the games. That would be kinda neat if it were true.
well the goatheads and the name Goldsmith don't really look like a coincidence.
Cola91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:29   Link #2055
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
ahah I just love these theories xD btw does anyone have any idea of who is Battler's mom? O_o
Kinzo's door is battler's mom
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:39   Link #2056
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
So that's what people mean when they say "knock on wood."
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 15:59   Link #2057
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
It wasn't a family conference. It was Rudolf's intervention. That's why he thought he was going to be killed.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:30   Link #2058
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
It's not like Battler does anything that Ryu07 doesn't make him do.

But it's true that certain bits are inserted into the game based on what the players are saying.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:39   Link #2059
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
The culprit is Kinzo's door.

Spoiler for Flawless explanation:
of course! why didn't i think of that.....>.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
I bet it's
Spoiler for mother:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
So that's what people mean when they say "knock on wood."
LOL.
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 17:02   Link #2060
Marion
The Great Dine

Something I wonder: how high up does loyalty go to the family between Genji, Shannon and Kanon? Is it maybe based on ranking? I'm replaying EP 2 and Genji told Shannon and Kanon not to tell Natsuhi about Jessica making arrangements for four people to stay in one room. Is it because Jessica is technically a higher rank than Natsuhi is, since she's directly related to Kinzo?
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote