4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-18, 18:12   Link #61
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

We have one good news at least; confirmation from the official site and twitter that there are no more recaps this season. It seems Shaft is giving 5 eps to the next arc.
Old 2013-11-18, 18:17   Link #62
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:50   Link #63
ices
Working Hard

Is the last scene impliying that Ougi is the "darkness"?

ok, iirc, at the nadeko arc, when she, for the first time met nadeko, she said that she was searching for majoi, right? but that event happened after this last scene in this episode. what does this mean. ougi is a time traveller... ougi is the mastermind...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 10:10   Link #64
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
she said that she was searching for majoi, right? but that event happened after this last scene in this episode.
Well, last scene in this episode was in December, right? (4 months after August events).

In any case, Ougi in her meeting with Nadeko said that she had the order of events wrong hehe
Old 2013-11-19, 11:58   Link #65
apr
Pedestrian

Last scene of the episode takes place at the end of December (4 months after Mayoi's passing), but Ougi bumps into Nadeko in late October.
Old 2013-11-19, 12:14   Link #66
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Is the last scene impliying that Ougi is the "darkness"
We shall know, eventually.

Even assuming Ougi is the avatar of the darkness though, the problem would not be Ougi herself, but rather the fact Araragi is breaking some kind of rule.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:42   Link #67
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
HOW DARE YOU SAY YES TO MAYOI DISAPEARING FOREVER

Oops, sorry I overreacted Yes I'm glad we get no more filler recaps. What a waste of disc space when BL/DVD comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
We shall know, eventually.

Even assuming Ougi is the avatar of the darkness though, the problem would not be Ougi herself, but rather the fact Araragi is breaking some kind of rule.
He upsets the laws of universe by having too many girls falling for him?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 19:44   Link #68
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hahhahaha obvee~

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 21:38   Link #69
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Spoiler for spoilered due to size:

Araragi keeping Mayoi's disappearance a secret obviously worked on Ougi; Ougi didn't know that Mayoi had disappeared and continued to search for her to no avail. (Nadeko arc happened in November, well after Mayoi's parting). However, I'm guessing this forced Ougi to change target to Nadeko instead. At this point, I just want to put a bullet to Ougi's head for (indirectly) killing Mayoi and making Nadeko go crazy.
Old 2013-11-21, 03:13   Link #70
Qilin
Romanticist

I watched the episode for Gaen talking everyone down from that imaginary high ground of hers.

I get the feeling that Nisio does these sorts of characters best, the ones you can't fully comprehend but know just enough to be afraid of them. Ougi kinda fits into this category as well.

The drama with Mayoi was okay, but solid character attachment was never this show's strong point to begin with, so it didn't do too much for me. Maybe if I liked Koyomi or Mayoi a bit more, it might have been better.
Old 2013-11-22, 04:17   Link #71
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Spoiler for spoilered due to size:

Araragi keeping Mayoi's disappearance a secret obviously worked on Ougi; Ougi didn't know that Mayoi had disappeared and continued to search for her to no avail. (Nadeko arc happened in November, well after Mayoi's parting). However, I'm guessing this forced Ougi to change target to Nadeko instead. At this point, I just want to put a bullet to Ougi's head for (indirectly) killing Mayoi and making Nadeko go crazy.
So basically, you're suggesting that Ougi = Black Ball

Black Ball wants to eat lying Mayoi, Mayoi chooses to dissappear on her own instead of being eaten by Black Ball, Black Ball turns girl, Black Ball still searching for lying Mayoi, Black Ball (indirectly) turns Nadeko into yandere snake god.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:12   Link #72
tsunade666

Awesome episode but the impact lessen when I'm pausing every second when I'm reading the caps in each scene and they are so darn fast to show that I pause them to read them which probably why it breaks the impact when Mayoi is saying her bye bye.

But really. She is my favorite character since bake. Then Hanekawa. Then Shinobu. When Shinobu shows up. She stole the show for me but I still like Mayoi because Araragi and Mayoi's interaction is always fun. The other girls doesn't mean much to me.

Hanekawa is good but still a good friend and that's all.
Nadeko is just delusional moe girl(making it worst she is a god). The same for the sisters and Hitagi? is she even the girlfriend? I don't get the feeling from that one. Well I did get that feeling in the end of bake with the scene of them looking at the stars but after that? got shafted Kanbaru is just crazy >_> the only good ones are Mayoi and Shinobu and now Mayoi is gone

Shinobu>Mayoi>Hanekawa>Nadeko>Sisters>Hitagi>Kanba ru

Well that's for me.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-11-22 at 12:30.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 17:32   Link #73
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post

The drama with Mayoi was okay, but solid character attachment was never this show's strong point to begin with, so it didn't do too much for me. Maybe if I liked Koyomi or Mayoi a bit more, it might have been better.
It isn't? One of the pinnacle things about this series is character analysis.
If you aren't drawn to Koyomi and Mayoi its one thing, but since the beginning part of this series is mostly character study and the later parts we are in now the start of the overarching plotline, you would kind of need to be somewhat attached.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 00:56   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Shit...

I don't want to watch this show anymore....

My favorite character was dead, i means dead dead, not 'dead but still alive'. She's dead now....

I only started to like Bake after saw the twist in her arc. And to be honest that is still the best arc of the whole series (common that twist was brilliant, and the emotions built up, almost always in tear when she running toward the light with "I'm home"). The only arc which i re-watched more than once (4 times since then). There was many good OP in Monogataries, some with even better song and music. But that melancholy presented out in her OP still make it the best for me.

What i like the most, is also how her interaction with Araragi was probably one of the highlight of the show. I means there was all of those Araragi acting like a pedo, but when was the last time you see a childish character (to avoid the debate about her real age) acted like a real kid? With childish joke, teasing, and sometime a bit naive or trusting. I means child character is difficult to design, and most either turned to a weak and passive creature for plot devices, or overly mature for a 6-12 years old kid. Somehow Mayoi broke that stereotypes for me.

Enough ranting from me. I think the loss of Mayoi will be a mistake as while other characters have more time to shine, Mayoi's role will be difficult to filled by anyone of the current cast
Old 2013-11-24, 06:46   Link #75
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

well I'm sad. I'm going to miss her. her scenes with araragi provide a unique relationship in this series
Old 2013-11-24, 08:56   Link #76
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Yotsugi.. wingman of the year

What can I say? 10/10, really. Superb VA work, and the music that kept playing throughout the episode...talk about atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So basically, you're suggesting that Ougi = Black Ball
This seemed heavily implied in the conversation after the ED.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote