AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 20:57   Link #1061
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This news has hit me like a cannonball in the stomach. It was just... so sudden.

I don't even know what I should be saying, and the fact that Aria as an animated series is done just make her contribution all the more priceless and precious to the fans.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 21:21   Link #1062
Kushi

Oh wow.. Athena's singing was one of the best parts in Aria. Her beautiful voice will certainly be missed... may she rest in peace :'(
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 21:40   Link #1063
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

When I first heard Athena sing Barcarolle in Aria the Animation, it was one of the most enchanting moments in my anime viewing ever... and to know that the person who lent her voice to giving life to such a wonderful song has passed away is very sad indeed...

May eternal light shine upon her soul. ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 22:29   Link #1064
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Aria without the Aria

Reminds me of the time another singer/composer who gave life to an animated series passed on [Ritsuko Okazaki-Melocure].

Angels are in good company.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 22:50   Link #1065
Midonin
Last Engage

Aria had some great music, and I appreciate her contributions with all my heart.

RIP
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 00:23   Link #1066
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
When I first heard Athena sing Barcarolle in Aria the Animation, it was one of the most enchanting moments in my anime viewing ever...
She had the voice of an angel. It's truly sad her time with us was so short
Ms Kawai, thank you for the wonderful treasures you left us with, we will remember you always. Rest in peace.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 03:29   Link #1067
nojay
Scanlator

Comiket and loot

Made it through all the usual Comiket queues eventually today (Saturday) and found the Comic Blade stand which was, surprisingly, not totally besieged by fanboys. I scored the six Aria character cards (which I think are phonecards) and the Comic Blade bootleg compendium tanko. Sadly the only Aria content is on the cover -- no Amano goodness inside.

Photos of my loot to follow but I got to crash, then eat right now.
Old 2008-08-16, 06:32   Link #1068
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Made it through all the usual Comiket queues eventually today (Saturday) and found the Comic Blade stand which was, surprisingly, not totally besieged by fanboys. I scored the six Aria character cards (which I think are phonecards) and the Comic Blade bootleg compendium tanko. Sadly the only Aria content is on the cover -- no Amano goodness inside.

Photos of my loot to follow but I got to crash, then eat right now.
Great. Did you found the new version of that Gondola Racing game? Or games are on an other day?
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 11:06   Link #1069
nojay
Scanlator

I barely made it into the main halls -- the queues were too much, really. I decided to just go for the Comic Blade stall and that took over an hour of queuing to get to the upper hall where the commercial booths were located.

I've taken a couple of quick snapshots of the tanko front and back cover and a group portrait of the phonecards and uploaded them onto the Aria Uploader:

http://aria.ipyo.net/home

They're tagged as "comiket74". Not great quality but I just shot them with my camera in my hotel room (note the tatami mats). Proper scans may follow in a few weeks time after I get home.

I also added a picture of the Comic Blade booth (it's got a picture of Akari-chan on it after all...)
Old 2008-08-16, 14:34   Link #1070
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
I barely made it into the main halls -- the queues were too much, really. I decided to just go for the Comic Blade stall and that took over an hour of queuing to get to the upper hall where the commercial booths were located.

I've taken a couple of quick snapshots of the tanko front and back cover and a group portrait of the phonecards and uploaded them onto the Aria Uploader:

They're tagged as "comiket74". Not great quality but I just shot them with my camera in my hotel room (note the tatami mats). Proper scans may follow in a few weeks time after I get home.

I also added a picture of the Comic Blade booth (it's got a picture of Akari-chan on it after all...)
Gah, I am so jealous. Judging from the pics, it looks like a blast over there.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 02:44   Link #1071
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um again who died ?? and also to the one who passed away and gone to a better place like in aqua..............My condelences
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 10:21   Link #1072
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I was wondering....i was trying to look for pictures of the main characters from the manga but can't find any. In particular Alice, Alicia and Akari......

anyone wanna help me out? any picture will do find, but I cant even find any scans of the manga (i just honestly wanna see what they look like in the manga......thx!)

edit: oh an Athena Glory.....i always wondered, wtf is that little animal she's always holding/on her? im assuming it's a little cat.....but i swear it looks like a little bear instead of a cat.

i've only seen 1st season of Aria (i know this is 3rd season discussion but it's the only active one) so im behind but trying to watch all the seasons, i love it so far.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 10:53   Link #1073
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I was wondering....i was trying to look for pictures of the main characters from the manga but can't find any. In particular Alice, Alicia and Akari......

anyone wanna help me out? any picture will do find, but I cant even find any scans of the manga (i just honestly wanna see what they look like in the manga......thx!)

edit: oh an Athena Glory.....i always wondered, wtf is that little animal she's always holding/on her? im assuming it's a little cat.....but i swear it looks like a little bear instead of a cat.

i've only seen 1st season of Aria (i know this is 3rd season discussion but it's the only active one) so im behind but trying to watch all the seasons, i love it so far.
It seems you dind't paid attention. That "little animal" is Maa-shachou, a kitty cat, and the main "problem" in episode 6.
And I think you will find enought picture at: Foxey's Aria Uploader. There are some pictures that are actually drawn by Amano-sensei. Like the two recently uploaded picture.
Old 2008-08-19, 11:06   Link #1074
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
That place has a truckload of spoilers though (but then again, so does this thread).

And, speaking of spoilers, here's something from episode 10 of The Origination. It should already be an old man's joke by then.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 14:31   Link #1075
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that website is epic. thanks for sharing it.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 06:43   Link #1076
nojay
Scanlator

More swag

I found the Origination series Perfect Guide in a bookstore in Kyoto. I've made some crappy camera pics of the cover and also the insert which has a bonus drama CD, and put them on the Aria Uploader site:

They're tagged "perfect_guide".

The Special Navigation in this book, a short manga chapter, covers

Spoiler for DON'T LOOK!:

Once I'm back home from Japan I'll have a bash as scanlating this chapter. If I can find good raws somewhere that'll be a bonus as I really don't want to have to microwave my copy to make my own scans of the interior material.
Old 2008-08-22, 08:47   Link #1077
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Once I'm back home from Japan I'll have a bash as scanlating this chapter. If I can find good raws somewhere that'll be a bonus as I really don't want to have to microwave my copy to make my own scans of the interior material.
Well, I reckon like most, I have Share running 24/7. It's only a matter of time for the scans to appear.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 07:33   Link #1078
Zirdante

Does anyone still have the 'making of aria' cd? Can't find it anywhere anymore.
Zirdante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 08:19   Link #1079
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

You mean with the interviews, and with the Making Aria The Animation - Sato Jun no Venezia Gomen? I have that. Those are the specials from the Animation DVD. You can find it at datorrents. I think.

Last edited by Solais; 2008-08-24 at 11:57.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:50   Link #1080
Zirdante

Yeah found em there, but coming very slowly since almost no seeders. But thanks for the tip! Damn I need the imagepack from there too^^

Damn there should be aria company clothes Some white shorts with the aria logo on the side would be quite cool^^
Zirdante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life