AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 12:08   Link #241
Prov1

I have a question. What is that little fury thing that Ranka carries around? Like what is it? Is it a Vajra?
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 12:09   Link #242
zalem

You mean Ai-kun? No one knows yet. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the Vajra somehow. He's probably a baby Vajra.
Old 2008-07-25, 12:15   Link #243
Prov1

another question. This one's for macross zero. In the end when the girl goes into space with the alien and the guy follows her, do they ever meet up?
Prov1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 12:21   Link #244
Tsuchiro

The ending is untold.
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 09:23   Link #245
ReddyRedWolf

Does Frak Deculture sound good as a fanfic title?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 16:56   Link #246
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Question about Klan's name, is it Klan Klan or Klan Klein? I've seen both used, and I'm wondering which one is the official one.

Part of me hopes it's Klein, purely because of the double irony of a giantess with a loli form being called 'small'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 18:13   Link #247
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Question about Klan's name, is it Klan Klan or Klan Klein? I've seen both used, and I'm wondering which one is the official one.

Part of me hopes it's Klein, purely because of the double irony of a giantess with a loli form being called 'small'
In Japanese, it is repeated two times as in クラン クラン. In English is undefined, so it can have numerous translation such as Klan Klein, Klein Klein, Kuran Klan, Klan Kuran... etc.

Official page

Edit: Edited for correction.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-08-17 at 19:13.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:03   Link #248
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Klan Klan, in Japanese, it is repeated two times.

Official page
You are forgetting that Klein can also be written as クラン.

As of yet, we do not have an official English name for her, except guesswork from her name in Kata.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:05   Link #249
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You are forgetting that Klein can also be written as クラン.

As of yet, we do not have an official English name for her, except guesswork from her name in Kata.

- Tak
Yea I know, common knowledge as to name cannot be translated perfectly from one language to another, but it is repeated. My point really is just saying it is repeated in Japanese, since there is no official name I cannot tell.

Edit: edited.
Old 2008-08-17, 19:07   Link #250
Tak

Quote:
So if it was Klein, then it would be best to use it as Klein Klein and not Klan Klein to confuse the audience. There is not a official name anyways. w/e.
Its not confusing to the Japanese viewers and we are not their target audiences. You do the math.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-17, 19:12   Link #251
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its not confusing to the Japanese viewers and we are not their target audiences. You do the math.

- Tak
We talking about fansub, fansub targets English audiences. Well go read my edited. My first post was kind of blurred, I don't mean Klan Klan is her official name but just saying it is repeated two times and translated to w/e.
Old 2008-08-18, 13:55   Link #252
BranGor

Is Macross F confirmed to be 28 eps now?
BranGor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 14:28   Link #253
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranGor View Post
Is Macross F confirmed to be 28 eps now?
Nope. Although there are clues which point to it.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 14:48   Link #254
BranGor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nope. Although there are clues which point to it.
These clues would be?
Old 2008-08-18, 15:19   Link #255
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranGor View Post
These clues would be?
Letīs see...

- The plot is due to at least another really big relevation, making a satisfactory resolution in only 6 episodes unlikely.

- The episode brackets on the official website would line up perfectly to four rows of seven episodes each.

- Thereīs a concert in Japan upcoming which supposedly should align with the end of the series. The concert is on the 13th of October, 28 episodes would mean that the show ( given no episodes being delayed ) finishes on the 17th of October.

- There was some sort of article on Yahoo Japan which also said something about the 17th of October being the end for the series. Ask Westlo for details.

- The story arcs have been clearly divided into seven episodes each so far.

All still conjecture, but it is quite possible.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 15:33   Link #256
BranGor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Letīs see...

- The plot is due to at least another really big relevation, making a satisfactory resolution in only 6 episodes unlikely.

- The episode brackets on the official website would line up perfectly to four rows of seven episodes each.

- Thereīs a concert in Japan upcoming which supposedly should align with the end of the series. The concert is on the 13th of October, 28 episodes would mean that the show ( given no episodes being delayed ) finishes on the 17th of October.

- There was some sort of article on Yahoo Japan which also said something about the 17th of October being the end for the series. Ask Westlo for details.

- The story arcs have been clearly divided into seven episodes each so far.

All still conjecture, but it is quite possible.
Cool. Much thanks
Old 2008-08-19, 09:19   Link #257
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
In Japanese, it is repeated two times as in クラン クラン. In English is undefined, so it can have numerous translation such as Klan Klein, Klein Klein, Kuran Klan, Klan Kuran... etc.

Official page

Edit: Edited for correction.
Ah, so it can be spelled either way? Thanks a lot, I'm going to stick to Klan Klein for the sheer irony of it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 14:20   Link #258
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Ok, this will take a while .....

Some years ago ... 15 or 20, I saw parts of a show called Robotec here, it was about a larg Ship that could transform into a Robot and it has had fighters on board which could do the same.
The ship shield defense was operated by a few girls which used trackballike interfaces to shild parts of the ship.

Sooo how does this fit into the Macross univers and current show or doesn't it fit at all, what was the story back then, how did it end, what did happen after that.
What did happen before this current show and who the **** are those aliens.

A little history lesson would be fine , thanks and bye.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 14:41   Link #259
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post

Sooo how does this fit into the Macross univers and current show or doesn't it fit at all, what was the story back then, how did it end, what did happen after that.
What did happen before this current show and who the **** are those aliens.

Robotech was an American dubbed and rewritten version of the original Japanese Super Dimension Fortress Macross. The Robotech series also combined two other Japanese TV series, but the first one, the Macross Saga, remained the most popular. For additional details, you can find it in the FAQ page here.

The plot for SDF: Macross surrounds the series' flagship, the Macross. Humans discovered the vessel back in the really late 90s, which came from an Alien faction known as the Supervision Army. The Supervision Army at the time, was engaged in a proxy war against the Zentradi, who, by luck or accident, stumbled upon the recovered ship, now being repaired by the humans. Needless to say, the humans and Zents waged the war, and Earth was eventually destroyed but humanity preserved all due to music, which moved the previously uncultured Zent civilization.

After the war, known in the series as Space War I, humanity expanded rapidly, creating one colony ship after another. Macross 7 and now, Macross 25, are some of the best known ones.

The current Vajra, along with other alien races encountered by humanity were products or by-products of Protoculture, or the universe's first civilization. Many of these aliens were created for the purpose of warfare, and Protoculture was eventually annihilated by their own creation, leaving humanity to deal with the rest. Moreover, the Zents are far from being completely pacified. It is stated in the series that there are approximately 1500 to 2000 Zentradi fleets out there, each with a composition of some 4 ~ 5 million vessels, and humanity so far, fought less than five (if you take additional media outside of the main series into consideration).

- Tak

Old 2008-08-19, 14:41   Link #260
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
A whole book can be written on it, and there is no point in reinventing the wheel. Therefore, go to Wikipedia, do a search on Robotech and another one on Macross, and all your questions will be answered.

Thanks and bye bye.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a