AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-24, 18:28   Link #381
FallenDevil
^v^Fallen Devil^v^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I was really relieved when i read on wikipedia that touma cares about index as a sister. If i hate something in harem then it's that the first girl the main protaginst meet is the girl he'll end up with. I really wanna see him pair up with itsuwa, kanzaki or mikoto. Index is too childish, anoying and removing her from the show would be the best thing the author could do . Does someone know if his relationships with the other girls change in vol.17? So far the author hasn't show romance developpment.
hey that is cruel taking out index in touma's harem well his only luck will be reduced if the author do that but i think it is better if he end up with one of the three girls you mentioned.
Old 2009-03-25, 00:09   Link #382
Used Can

Well, the way in which Tōma treats the other girls is not really different from the way in which he treats Index. In fact, you can say all of the girls' feelings, so far, are one sided.

Anyway, no, there was no romantic development on volume 17. To aru majutsu no Index is quite dry on romance to begin with, and I believe it'll remain that way.
Old 2009-03-25, 00:45   Link #383
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You can try reading this thread on its entirety, and then ask for whatever you may want to know. That's what most of us have done so far.

You can also try reading Index's entry on Wikipedia, which was edited by ken_FF (our Index expert).
Good looking out!
Old 2009-03-25, 05:34   Link #384
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, the way in which Tōma treats the other girls is not really different from the way in which he treats Index. In fact, you can say all of the girls' feelings, so far, are one sided.

Anyway, no, there was no romantic development on volume 17. To aru majutsu no Index is quite dry on romance to begin with, and I believe it'll remain that way.
I agree with this. I haven't finished vol 17. But from what I read so far, index series is not about romance and I think Touma will keep oblivious to the feeling of the girls around him unless they confessed their feeling for him.
Old 2009-03-25, 08:47   Link #385
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's funny that he's pretty quick on his feet so to speak when situations call for his quick thinking. But he's oblivious to the girl's feelings, although it's pretty standard for this type of genre. Maybe a brick to the forehead will get their feeling's across quicker then a confession...

Quick question regarding Mikoto in volume 16.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-25, 11:43   Link #386
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Quick question regarding Mikoto in volume 16.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2009-03-25, 16:09   Link #387
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah it is, thanks...
Old 2009-03-25, 18:00   Link #388
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Quote:
If i hate something in harem then it's that the first girl the main protaginst meet is the girl he'll end up with.
I think Touma met Mikoto first. He knew Mikoto before he met Index.

Index had more impact from the start of the story. First arc is also Index's. But I don't really find Touma ending up with Index appealing either.
Old 2009-03-26, 04:36   Link #389
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Haha, maybe someone should suggest for a "Romance in TaMnI" thread since everyone have their own speculation on who Touma would end up with. As for me, I've already given up romance for the series since the so called "romance" (or the lack of it, as I've said before) in TaMnI is more of a comedy than anything else.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:38   Link #390
aldw

Considering the author is making a spinoff focusing on Mikoto, it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up being Touma's main romantic interest in the long run. Of course, it also wouldn't surprise me if Kuroko were to end up in Touma's 'harem'...
Old 2009-03-26, 11:58   Link #391
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Considering the author is making a spinoff focusing on Mikoto, it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up being Touma's main romantic interest in the long run. Of course, it also wouldn't surprise me if Kuroko were to end up in Touma's 'harem'...
Just to prevent Misaka from doing something...
Old 2009-03-26, 12:09   Link #392
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_FF View Post
Haha, maybe someone should suggest for a "Romance in TaMnI" thread since everyone have their own speculation on who Touma would end up with. As for me, I've already given up romance for the series since the so called "romance" (or the lack of it, as I've said before) in TaMnI is more of a comedy than anything else.
Well speculating is the only thing we can do. It's very rare to see a good fight in TAMNI:

Toma vs mikoto:

Well you can't tell it's a fight, it's more like watching a tissue absorbing water, same as toma nullifying mikoto's electric shocks.

Toma vs Styl:

This was interesting to watch and one of the best fights to think if you compare it to the others because styl showed some more bad-ass moves.

Toma vs Kanzaki:

Kanzaki: step aside, give us index
Toma: no not before you hear my heroic speech
Kanzaki: Be warned, i'm gonna tell you my magical name (cut's Toma)
Toma: ..... procedes with his nonsense
Kanzaki: oh no, we've got no feelings you say, we're no humans you say!!! Take this!!! starts to kick his ass on a barbaric way and brings him home??? WTF

Very boring

Toma vs Accelator:

great fight, this is how it should be

The rest of the fights in the whole story were crap,

note: toma punches sherryl to the wall and almost makes a holl in the wall!! Wtf, are we talking here about superman!!

As you see, the fight's are not worthy to talk about and neither are the explanations of some powers because it's bullshit and very vague.

Ladies and gentlemen, i have said my word
Old 2009-03-26, 19:52   Link #393
FallenDevil
^v^Fallen Devil^v^

hey i don't think that when touma punched sheryl it is natural for it to have a hole cuz when he punched accelerator he flew about 10 meters or more in the finishing blow.
Old 2009-03-27, 07:29   Link #394
Miraluka
Banned

Sherry tried to destroy the builiding were Touma was, so I suppose that the building become inestable.

Quote:
I was really relieved when i read on wikipedia that touma cares about index as a sister. If i hate something in harem then it's that the first girl the main protaginst meet is the girl he'll end up with. I really wanna see him pair up with itsuwa, kanzaki or mikoto. Index is too childish, anoying and removing her from the show would be the best thing the author could do . Does someone know if his relationships with the other girls change in vol.17? So far the author hasn't show romance developpment.
The first girl the main protagonist met was Mikoto and he(Touma) treats them(Mikoto & Index) like kids because they are kids

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-10-29 at 15:35.
Old 2009-03-27, 09:39   Link #395
ZeroForever

to be honest the human skull should give way before even damage concrete gets hit with enough force to impound it with a crater. aka sherry's head should have splattered if he punched her that hard.

considering the number of times they go over and over how touma is normal in every other way, then they go out of there way to show him throwing punches with superhuman destructive power, (I'm not gonna even get into how it should be impossible to reflexively block lighting and junk). It just grates since they go into so much detail yet contradict themselves constantly.
Old 2009-03-27, 13:15   Link #396
Used Can

Dude, anime was never, you know, realistic.
Old 2009-03-31, 05:22   Link #397
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYRkU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNyI...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQIT...eature=channel

It show the Light novels Characters of To Aru Majutsu Index
Old 2009-03-31, 22:31   Link #398
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I wont deny that Toma´s fighting style is boring since its always just punch and kick nothing special... I do think he needs too learn some hand to hand combat arts.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:35   Link #399
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
considering that it's only his right hand at the moment that is the semi-haxor part of him... well, if he were to get an upgrade, it would be a double-edged sword. I would love to see him be able to create some sort of nullification field (yes, I know that would be extremely h4xx0rz), but that might also mea his misfortune would increase as well

... or does having all those lovely ladies around him cancel the misfortune, minus that he really has no romantic feelings toward them?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-03-31, 23:31   Link #400
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Isn't that harem also part of his misfortune? After all he get electrocuted and bitten and suffered all other abuse from his harem hahaha
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen