AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 18:56   Link #1441
Seihai
スマイリウム

Damn, are you challenging me? I only made it to 150. lol
Old 2011-02-26, 18:58   Link #1442
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Damn, are you challenging me? I only made it to 150. lol
Only got it on my second try, but can't go higher then 152... *keeps trying*

Edit: Yataa! I got 156
Old 2011-02-26, 19:05   Link #1443
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Only got it on my second try, but can't go higher then 152... *keeps trying*

Edit: Yataa! I got 156
What the hell. Just when I got 152, too. I give up. Anyway, this game actually made me like Kyouko more than I already do even if it's fanmade.
Old 2011-02-26, 19:10   Link #1444
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What the hell. Just when I got 152, too. I give up. Anyway, this game actually made me like Kyouko more than I already do even if it's fanmade.
Seems I can only get up to 156, but it was quite fun (though I just enjoyed the clicking challenge, not much about the punching Kyubey) but I can see how alot of people would like Kyouko, especially since she is the one doing it I think my mouse is broken.....
Old 2011-02-26, 22:51   Link #1445
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

If punching Kyubey's not your thing, you can now shoot him.
Old 2011-02-26, 23:08   Link #1446
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Okay, that has gotta be the most hilarious thing I have seen today, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 03:33   Link #1447
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hmm, I don't know if I can be able to pick up this series. Call me a wuss, but I just don't like anime characters, especially girls to be ripped apart like what happened to Mami. (I just heard about Mami's death somewhere, and I can just imagine the pain of having your head ripped apart. ;_; )

Nonetheless, I think this is a good start to an anime series that breaks the mold of your everyday magical girl genre anime series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 06:04   Link #1448
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Awesome. It's like I'm really Homu Homu.
Old 2011-02-27, 06:44   Link #1449
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hmm, I don't know if I can be able to pick up this series. Call me a wuss, but I just don't like anime characters, especially girls to be ripped apart like what happened to Mami. (I just heard about Mami's death somewhere, and I can just imagine the pain of having your head ripped apart. ;_; )

Nonetheless, I think this is a good start to an anime series that breaks the mold of your everyday magical girl genre anime series.
You feel no pain through... or just believe so if you think that it can help you. Most people who got their heads rip apart at such speed can't share experiences later on anyway.
You also can wait till the end of the series, and hear out spoiler to see if there's a good ending or not

PS: you guys are fast at clicking. I only make it to 130-ish
Old 2011-02-27, 07:44   Link #1450
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Soooo, I'm posting current preorder position of Madoka Magica;

It's currently on 7th Place and point is 4,889pt. However, DVD ranking seems to be pretty low.

Sadly, I'm not seeing the madness of the Bakemonogatari here. I'm pessimistically (...which is still too good to be true...) expecting BD sales between 30,000~40,000 and DVD about 4,000 to 7,000. However, all 4 volumes of Madoka Magica are always in top 15, which is a good sign for consistent sales per volume.

Infinite Stratos is in 9th, with point of 2,349pt. I'm expecting between 15,000~20,000, but probably less or higher. Everything else will be below 10,000 or Manabi Line.
Old 2011-02-27, 08:02   Link #1451
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^so it's not yet as good as BMG? that's sad..i want it to topple BMG's..XD

anyhow, QB invades Akihabara
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:41   Link #1452
Animeblue

Japan’s top broadcast watchdog has published complaints denouncing Puella Magi Madoka Magica as unfit for TV.

The nation’s main broadcast censorship body, the BPO, published the following complaint about Madoka
Quote:

It is a late night anime, but it still had scenes of a little girl having her head bitten off by a monster!

The producers have stated their intent to go on profiting from these cruel scenes each week.

Even if it is late at night, it is outrageous for TV programmes to be so flagrantly profiting from this sort of horrible material.”
Notably, Ore no Imouto suffered similar criticism.

Quote:
Rather less surprisingly, Ochinko has also been coming under fire
It may be broadcast in a late slot, but it’s still based on incest. Scenes in which characters expose their underwear with the intent of titillating the viewer are frequent, as are scenes with clothed sexual touching. How does this differ from the contents of an adult manga?

I think this is inappropriate material for age-unrestricted broadcasts.”
Ishihara’s ban will presumably see such filth purged from the airwaves soon enough.
Animeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:52   Link #1453
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ That's just complaint. Nothing really serious.

I mean seriously, there was no single blood portrayed. (which actually made the scene even creepier, but still.)

Edited: lol what? That's just word to word from Senkaku Complex. Also, it's also quite late post, since I knew about this like days ago.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-02-27 at 09:12.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:55   Link #1454
Animeblue

you look at the manga version
Animeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 09:13   Link #1455
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ and you do know what 'Broadcasting' means, right?

You 'publish' manga, not broadcast, obviously....
Old 2011-02-27, 10:28   Link #1456
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

what's all with these complaints about madoka??! tch. now i'm pissed! >=/

Hoping these won't affect the censorship of the show. or won't lead for the staff to omit some scenes..DX now, some people just need to ruin the fans' enjoyment,yeah right..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:33   Link #1457
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What i thought when reading about those complaints:

"Those bloody anti-fan, can't they lay off Mami's death for their own gain just this time? It's painful enough for us fans, seeing her brutal death, and now you want the show canceled also?"

Which is quite ironic when i thought about it
Old 2011-02-27, 11:58   Link #1458
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

I do not think the 3rd-party watchdog's complaint will make any impact to the screening of the show. Anyway, the folks inside these 3rd-party watchdog agencies do need something that they can criticize, so they can get paid and receive outside donations. :P There is always an official censorship/rating agency. Once those gives an age rating and green light, the show is legit.

As for Ishihara, I am not fan of any politicians that run on (ignorant public manipulation) populist (right-wing) platforms. Sometimes you do have to blame the voters as Ishihara is an elected official. Winston Churchill once said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
The biggest argument against democracy is a five-minute discussion with the average voter.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 08:04   Link #1459
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This series also reminds me of a cartoon series adaptation of a comic book series. W.I.T.C.H.
Anyone who managed to read or watch the series?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 18:39   Link #1460
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

My Brief Review of Madoka Magica

Hello everyone, this is my brief review of Madoka Magica.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a magical girl show intended for young children, especially girls under the age of 13. Unlike your typical magical girl show, however, the characters in Madoka use magical versions of real-life weapons to battle against the evil witches. It all begins when an adorable ferret named Kyubey approaches the main character Madoka. He is being attacked by an evil witch, and comes to Madoka seeking help. Just then, a magical girl named Mami saves Kyubey and Madoka from the evil witch. Mami later explains that she is a Puella Magi - and that if Madoka wishes, she can become one too.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes seeing pretty transformations and feel-good storylines; every effort has been made to put a smile on the viewer's face. At first, Madoka is a little shy about growing up into the real world. But every episode focuses on Madoka's slow development into a strong, confident young girl. As a viewer, I couldn't help but be moved at Madoka's strength and courage. Be warned; there are some scenes that will make even the most hardened media child cry in happiness.

The art in Madoka is exceptionally vibrant and bright - pure eyecandy. You will be amazed at the level of detail that goes into animating every scene. None of those sloppy shading lines that you would find in some sub-par animations. Instead, luscious colors immediately jump out. Of course, the show was made with families in mind, so the fights are also very cute and comical. In today's world of violence, Madoka is a refreshing haven for growing children to learn about morals and feel empowered for the future. And who doesn't want to hug that Kyubey?

Ultimately, Madoka is perfect for children seeking a magical girl anime without all that cheesy story-writing. I would advise buying multiple copies of the DVD, so your child's friends can watch as well. And of course, it is always better when the parents watch with the children. Good old-fashioned family fun at it's best!
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen