AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-10-24, 23:03   Link #501
AnimeFan188

US Army live fire testing smart gun that actively corrects aim:

""An electromechanical system translates an "aiming error" signal from a target tracking
system into dynamic "pointing corrections" for handheld devices to drastically reduce
pointing errors due to man-machine wobble without specific direction by the user. The
active stabilization targeting correction system works by separating the "support"
features of the handheld device from the "projectile launching" features, and controlling
their respective motion by electromechanical mechanisms."

The technology mitigates the 1.5Hz “Shooter Wobble” associated with the firing of a
weapon from an un-supported position."

See:

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/10...smart-gun.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 12:18   Link #502
Theft
Ugandan Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
US Army live fire testing smart gun that actively corrects aim:

""An electromechanical system translates an "aiming error" signal from a target tracking
system into dynamic "pointing corrections" for handheld devices to drastically reduce
pointing errors due to man-machine wobble without specific direction by the user. The
active stabilization targeting correction system works by separating the "support"
features of the handheld device from the "projectile launching" features, and controlling
their respective motion by electromechanical mechanisms."

The technology mitigates the 1.5Hz “Shooter Wobble” associated with the firing of a
weapon from an un-supported position."

See:

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/10...smart-gun.html
Aimbot too OP
Old 2016-12-16, 16:31   Link #503
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It's more of an active barrel stabilizer, though. I don't really see much of a use for it in assault rifles (the prototypes looked really cumbersome, too), but it might be more useful in DMRs and precision rifles.
Old 2016-12-20, 06:05   Link #504
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I don't know if this is still a personnel gun thread but I've collected a few since the last time I was here.

I now own two AIs, the AT (centre) and the AWSM (rear). The AXMC (front) is my mate who I converted to the AI koolaid after he shot my AT.

I do a lot of long range and practical shooting, similar to the PRS style in the US. I even put my T-Bolt into a custom chassis with AI skins as a low cost trainer.

Also own a number of Milsurps, 1941 duv 98K in 8x57mm, No 1 Mk III*, No 5 "Jungle Carbine", M95 Steyr in 8x56R.

Next purchase will probably be another barrel for the AT, thinking 6.5x47 Lapua or 260 Rem. After that re-barrel the AWSM for .300 Norma Mag or even 510 Whisper for shits and giggles.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-20, 10:53   Link #505
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Why US liberals are now buying guns too
Old 2016-12-20, 20:29   Link #506
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
I don't know if this is still a personnel gun thread but I've collected a few since the last time I was here.

I now own two AIs, the AT (centre) and the AWSM (rear). The AXMC (front) is my mate who I converted to the AI koolaid after he shot my AT.

I do a lot of long range and practical shooting, similar to the PRS style in the US. I even put my T-Bolt into a custom chassis with AI skins as a low cost trainer.

Also own a number of Milsurps, 1941 duv 98K in 8x57mm, No 1 Mk III*, No 5 "Jungle Carbine", M95 Steyr in 8x56R.

Next purchase will probably be another barrel for the AT, thinking 6.5x47 Lapua or 260 Rem. After that re-barrel the AWSM for .300 Norma Mag or even 510 Whisper for shits and giggles.
Cripes, isn't that ain't close to $30k usd in AIs and Optics (Nightforce, Schmidts)? I am just lucky to own a lowly AI MK1 in 308 with a Night Force F1. If I sold off most of my collection, I might be able to afford those.

I just picked up a beautiful custom 2011.

I intend to get back into USPSA/IPSC next year in the limited division. By nature I have issues spending this much money on something that is not a long gun (hint: cost as much as an AI AT) but since I had collected just about everything else but a truly custom handgun, I said, eh why not.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 00:32   Link #507
YF19EX

Steyr and Rheinmetall introduce AUG/AR variant

This pretty well signals to me how the AR platform has exploded within the last decade as the defacto NATO nation rifle of choice or configuration. With Rhenmetall and Steyr looking to replace Germany's G36 and France going to the HK416 and New Zealand choosing the LMT CQB 16.
Old 2017-01-20, 19:45   Link #508
YF19EX

As seen at Shotshow 2017 Las Vegas

Old 2017-01-21, 04:01   Link #509
AnimeFan188

The Army Has Finally Picked A New Sidearm:

"After a battle between a number of prominent small arms manufacturers, including
finalists Fabrique Nationale America, Beretta USA, Sig Sauer and Glock, the US Army has
announced the winner of the high-stakes XM-17 Modular Handgun System (MHS)
contract. Vaunted Swiss small arms manufacturer Sig Sauer and its MHS derivative of the
polymer-framed P320 pistol has been crowned the victor."

See:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...-a-new-sidearm
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 05:24   Link #510
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^^Whose the artist?
Old 2017-01-21, 13:26   Link #511
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The name can be read on the first picture: Haruaki Fuyuno.

http://technofuyuno.net/ (warning: a bit of NSFW here and there)
Old 2017-01-21, 15:49   Link #512
YF19EX

Just to add to that, here is is twitter feed. He even has a post about ShotShow and the Vector there.
https://twitter.com/daito69
Old 2017-01-21, 18:10   Link #513
Psyco Diver

Eh the Vector, granted the design and how it works is interesting to say the least, but its one of those problems that never needed fixing. Of course I would love to have one in 10mm or 357. Sig
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 20:17   Link #514
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that just reminds me of how few animes there are that do poor research with regards to guns. Shōji Satō is like the only artist off the top of my head who takes real care into the accuracy of his firearms. that and Noir.. haha

also, glock fans on suicide watch after they lost the MHS to sig.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 22:49   Link #515
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Eh the Vector, granted the design and how it works is interesting to say the least, but its one of those problems that never needed fixing. Of course I would love to have one in 10mm or 357. Sig
Having a Gen 2 in 9mm and having shot the Gen 1 in 45, I have found it truly is a system more designed for full auto than semi auto function. Recoil mitigation is there, but for some reason it has a slapping recoil pulse. Maybe due to the snappy nature of a fast powder pistol cartridge than say a rifle cartridge. I think 10mm or 357 sig would be excellent in the platform with the extra punch those cartridges have, the recoil mitigation system might really benefit them.

Quote:
also, glock fans on suicide watch after they lost the MHS to sig
As somewhat of a Glock fanboy, having owned several, and seeing how the Special Ops community has recently embraced the G19, I was kinda disappointed by the decision. However, I know the Army had been looking for a "Modular" platform with caliber interchangeability, etc. and only the Sig has met that set requirement. At the same time, why is so much being spent on the handgun system being modular and mission adaptable when they are for the most part tertiary weapon systems more designed for defensive or secondary for regular Army? A role Glock has excelled in civilian, police and international military roles for decades.

Special ops communities have had flexible choices in different weapon systems and caliber choices across their primary and secondary weapon systems, so this would not necessarily apply to them. I could guess maybe the military might eventually decide to change pistol calibers away from 9mm and having a modular platform to do just that maybe a way of future proofing the platform for years to come.

Anywhoo, Glock's overall sales will not be hurt by the decision having picked up the FBI contract last year and with current overall civilian and police sales, will far eclipse the Army contract, but I though the decision was kinda left field.

Quote:
that just reminds me of how few animes there are that do poor research with regards to guns. Shōji Satō is like the only artist off the top of my head who takes real care into the accuracy of his firearms. that and Noir.. haha
Yea, for the most part most Hollywood and Film and Anime in general don't do firearms right anyway. I do remember watching Aria the Scarlet Ammo and seeing how the main carries 1911 45s they actually got the round count's right before she had to reload. CatShitOne also was very good having hired on proper consultants with real firearms training for the motion capture segments and visual presentations.

Last edited by YF19EX; 2017-01-21 at 23:00.
Old 2017-01-22, 01:37   Link #516
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The name can be read on the first picture: Haruaki Fuyuno.

http://technofuyuno.net/ (warning: a bit of NSFW here and there)
Thanks. The artist also does the illustrations for Sekai no Owari no Encore.
Old 2017-01-27, 22:41   Link #517
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
This is... very interesting and honestly, goes against everything I've heard on this. In order to not drag down the Politics thread with this kind of thing, everything I've heard about gun control seems to be of this view: The Left abhors and hates guns because they're in the hands of too many people and this means that mass shootings can keep happening, whereas the Right encourages people to have guns (okay, encourage isn't exactly the word I'm looking for) because more people having guns means that anyone who would try a mass shooting is going to find themselves shot first. Not to mention that the Right has an extreme hard-on for the 2nd amendment and seems to freak out whenever anyone even so much as slightly says anything negative towards it.

So again, I really do find it hard to believe that anyone on the Left would be pro-guns, even with that article.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 23:57   Link #518
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
This is... very interesting and honestly, goes against everything I've heard on this. In order to not drag down the Politics thread with this kind of thing, everything I've heard about gun control seems to be of this view: The Left abhors and hates guns because they're in the hands of too many people and this means that mass shootings can keep happening, whereas the Right encourages people to have guns (okay, encourage isn't exactly the word I'm looking for) because more people having guns means that anyone who would try a mass shooting is going to find themselves shot first. Not to mention that the Right has an extreme hard-on for the 2nd amendment and seems to freak out whenever anyone even so much as slightly says anything negative towards it.

So again, I really do find it hard to believe that anyone on the Left would be pro-guns, even with that article.
Truth is it isn't just the 2nd Amendment the Right has a hard on for, its the Constitution itself, try to limit or change any other amendment usually has the same kind of rebuttal. Conservatives believe the Constitution to be static document not to be changed while Liberals see it as a living document that has to be changed over time to fit in modern times, this is one of the major sources of conflict between the 2 extremes. Both sides provide the valid points but because of the worsening political climate both sides are becoming more and more stubborn to a point of refusing to even notion a hint of bargaining. Its gotten to a point that the extremes of both sides have a bigger voice than ever before, something 20 years ago would have been brushed off as "crazy talk" is now being seriously discussed and fought about.

The presidential election 8 years ago was the first sign, a general political newbie (sorry but Obama had some of the least amount of experience compared to the presidents of the past) then this current one was the biggest change, you had a hardened politician with decades of experience and connections, a classic politician in every sense of the word, the kind of politician everyone on both sides can generally agree to dislike, and she is defeated by a outsider in one of the ugliest races I've ever experienced in my lifetime. For the first time I've seen friends and family split to a point that some still refuse to talk to each other, nearly irreparable damage in some cases. Thats how extreme this has gotten, it is a littoral "your with us or against us" mentality, no one wants to talk nor listen to each other anymore. The only thing I can compare it to is the presidential election right before the Civil War, that is the only time I can think of that compares to this kind of divide, heck Calexit stands a solid chance to going to a vote, worrisome times ahead.....

Sorry for the derailment I just got to typing a couldn't stop
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 01:15   Link #519
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Seco...ent_Rights.pdf

it's a good list of problems that need addressing. sadly he doesn't propose any solutions to them. If he does reform the mental health system, it'll be a major plus for his legacy. however, the thing that interests me the most is the magazine and gun bans. if he writes legislation that is passed by the house/senate that overrules state limitations, that'd be a major win for gun advocates. its even more relevant for me, since i've moved from westchester into NYC. get rid of restrictions on permits (or permits all together, but that's a major ask) and make every state recognize all other states.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 21:14   Link #520
YF19EX

Well setting aside the politics of the matter, I have been looking into the P320 after its selection. And the more I study it, the more I kind of like it.

The internal frame is the serial numbered part with external frame just a replaceable piece. And the price for replacement grips is not bad at around $40 or so. This makes customization and stippling great without possibly ruining the entire firearm because you messed up the grip.

The configurations are endless:, full size, compact, sub compact etc. Mix and match barrel/slide configurations with different grip sizes/mag capacities. We are not even talking about different caliber selections. Have multiple pistols on one frame. As a civilian or LEO, I can see the advantages of customization on an individual level vs the military where a one size approach might be better due to the amount of individuals that maybe outfitted in the end.

I got the P320RX Compact in mind. As a factory handgun with an equipped RDS and supressor co-witnessed sights can be had for around $750 is a freaking steal.

Tags
firearms, guns