AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 03:59   Link #221
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4 Spoilers:
Episodes following from a previous is called serialization format in TV broadcasting context. They build up for character development and story development within the overall main story scope.

Deltora Quest anime is an example to name among many anime shows that follow this format.

In addition, there's semi-serialization or pseudo-serialization, that which one episode follows up from the conclusion of a previous episode, but that one current episode builds the characters by focusing on standalone problems that are self-concluding in that episode, while the next one follows a new standalone story in order to develop another character.

Monster Rancher is an example to name other anime out there that follow this kind of story format.

From my experience with Pretty Cure seasons, generally speaking, Pretty Cure becomes a serialized continuity of episodes once it reaches the last story arc which usually involves one last confrontation against the Big Bad of the season that serves as the final boss.

But, from what I've been witnessing so far in Doki Doki is that this current season is becoming a hybrid of sorts. Right now the episodes are following a semi-serialization continuity. They're following from the conclusion of a previous episode, but, at the same time, introducing their own standalone tale that gets resolved within the scope of their respective episodes. However, at the long term broadcasting, the continuity of the show heads towards a clear road: Dealing with the Jikochuu and finding out the answers as to why they're set up at invading the Earth.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 04:21   Link #222
Enternal

Uhh... episode four... it seems that Tomoyo Daidouji's successor just appeared haha.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:23   Link #223
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

That was a welcome twist, at least I didn't see it coming.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but the hideout of the bad guys seems to be an homage to the Amazon Trio from Sailor Moon SuperS. Even the music sounds similar. I like it. Maybe this'll turn out to be a PreCure series I end up finishing after all.
Old 2013-02-24, 10:17   Link #224
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I feel like Alice/Cure Rosetta is gonna be my favorite Cure of all time. I'm really really enjoying this series and episode 4 is definitely my favorite, week after week I find myself rather eager to watch the next episode which doesn't usually happen with Pretty Cure. I've been impressed with every episode so far.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 10:21   Link #225
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
week after week I find myself rather eager to watch the next episode which doesn't usually happen with Pretty Cure.
Same and I find myself surprised. I hope they can keep getting me back for more as the show goes on.
Old 2013-02-25, 01:08   Link #226
4Tran

Episode 4

Overall, this was a pretty decent episode. The editing could be tightened up a bit, but it served its purpose. I'm a bit less fond of Arisu's character concept, but that'd be a different issue altogether.

Lookswise, episode 4 might be the best episode yet: the fight scene was sort of fun, and Cure Rosetta gets the best transformation yet. It looks like another case of Yellow Cure favoritism! I particularly like this shot here:

It doesn't look spectacular, but I like the composition, with Arisu leaning against the railing, with her hands behind her back, and her shoulders perpendicular to Sebastian. It shows us that she's not all that happy with her decision, and that she's looking for some reassurance. The lighting is a nice choice as well.

Finally, it looks like Arisu is actually an evil overlord: she has secret surveillance everywhere, and she can remotely delete any information that she wants to. She also knows all secret identities. Either that, or she's Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Arisu shares a lot of similarities with Itsuki from Heartcatch Precure. I seem to recall that her name is supposed to be the Japanese "Arisu" as opposed to the Western "Alice" because she's from old Japanese nobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but the hideout of the bad guys seems to be an homage to the Amazon Trio from Sailor Moon SuperS. Even the music sounds similar. I like it. Maybe this'll turn out to be a PreCure series I end up finishing after all.
I doubt that there would be a Fisheye though.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:31   Link #227
Side-streetdog

Learn Martial art at young age
Very rich
High tech support
got information networks
Have butler
And that car scene

Now we met Bruce Wayne daughter.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:38   Link #228
Midonin
Last Engage

The fan reaction to Alice on pixiv is amazing. One of my favorite tags that appeared within the last day or three is 武神ありす, or "Alice the War God". It doesn't matter what future episodes do (though I expect they will do it), Alice will forever be immortalized in fanon as one step away from being a berserker. Just the same way that Rikka's devotion to Mana is receiving a very similar treatment to Homura.

Really, seeing the fan reactions are almost as fun as the show itself. It's a secondary, supplementary universe that the actual show only reinforces.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 01:15   Link #229
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 4. I'll Have to Refuse! I Won't Become a PreCure!!

I should enjoy the weekly episode discussion as soon as I get to watch the episode itself before the cheering dies down.

Ahem! Ok, I got to fasten my seat belt, because the fourth episode way exceeded the previous one with Alice possessing such a personal past and well-rounded depth into her character.

Basically, we got ourselves with a magical-girl rule now being broken; nobody else outside the magical-girl party should know about the secret identities of their members, but Sebastian does and keeps everything private and secret so as to protect his milady along with her friends.

It was just plain cool and funny awesome that for this season the Cures get their own vehicle to reach in time whenever the alarm goes on signaling Jikochuu presence nearby; technology of a billionaire corporation vs magical creatures to detect the presence of evil is put to the test by both sides in this episode; Cure Heart, however, couldn't handle the ride on car, well.

Moreover, it was good to learn this episode followed from our girl's mishap in the previous one forgetting about Lance. Furthermore, Alice's pack a superb spice in her background, personality traits, and moé convictions.
I do not know for sure whether her parents are dead or not, although this episode by itself seems to imply so, but I do agree she's sort of a billionaire heiress turned to magical-heroine type, and she's so badass when she gets serious at fighting.

I really enjoyed lots the piece of score played during her conversation with her grandfather, and theme about not being overwhelmed but using power for the sake of others greatly reminded about Spiderman's iconic quote, "With great power comes a great responsibility".
Old 2013-02-28, 02:25   Link #230
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 4:

(no longer placing in spoiler because it's been awhile already)

That's unexpected, the calm ojou-sama has a brutal side.
And two monsters in one episode. They sure want plenty of action in the early episodes.

And lastly, obtaining Cure Rosetta opened up an easy path towards finding the next pretty cure. This is going to be interesting, I've never seen a precure series where the cures have a reliable butler as a backup.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 02:41   Link #231
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
This is going to be interesting, I've never seen a precure series where the cures have a reliable butler as a backup.

Cure Alfred ...?

Any takes?
Old 2013-02-28, 21:50   Link #232
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Konna sora no mukou ni wa donna yume ga aru. Hateshinaku tsuzuiteku Mirai shinjite te no nobashite. Pu pu pu PURIKYUUA !!!

Helep. I can't get this song outta my head...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 21:53   Link #233
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Cure Alfred ...?

Any takes?
Images
The Coolest Thing Since Cure Fire
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

pixiv always delivers.
Old 2013-02-28, 23:07   Link #234
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Konna sora no mukou ni wa donna yume ga aru. Hateshinaku tsuzuiteku Mirai shinjite te no nobashite. Pu pu pu PURIKYUUA !!!

Helep. I can't get this song outta my head...
Nice to see one more liking the song. There's one time that I repeated the ending three times to listen to it.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-03-01 at 03:29.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 13:48   Link #235
Viperflame

not forget about this
Spoiler for Cure Heart & OOO Love Combo:
Viperflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 19:19   Link #236
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Next episode
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-02, 20:19   Link #237
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 05 - Kenjaki, Princess of Ondul:
Old 2013-03-02, 22:21   Link #238
YourIdeas

Spoiler:

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-03-02 at 22:31.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:10   Link #239
Midonin
Last Engage

I know the official pixiv name is ManaMako, but I'm severely tempted to call them the Shinobu Combination, since 忍 is, of course, Heart Under Blade.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:14   Link #240
4Tran

We get to see how the Yotsuba Empire operates this episode: the Overlord gathers the biometrics of all her Citizens or people in her territory. This information will then be used to identify them and to judge them for potential usefulness or harm. In other words, Rosetta is a better version of the Sibyl System. Of course, it's easy for her to actually find Cure Sword.

"How will we get past security?"
- Obviously, Rikka has never met Rosetta before. Rikka gets treated to a crash course in power of money and the trivial ways it can be abused.

"Let's leave the plan up to Mana"
- Obviously Rosetta has never met Mana before. There's no way that she can be allowed near a plan much less be given the initiative to make one up. It's a lucky thing that the Precures don't have any actual secrets, or Mana would have revealed all of them already.

It reallys seems as if the creators don't give a damn about the Selfish victim of the week, so why don't they just drop it like they did last week? Cure Sword herself seems pretty powerful, but it's a question if it's the standard +10 that Precures get in their opening episode.

Not bothering with the spoiler tags:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Now, this episode cheated me a bit. I was expecting to see Makopi's transform sequence. I did get her finisher, but they appear to be saving that for next week.
For some reason the creators are trying to keep Cure Sword's identity a surprise from the rest of the team. I'm not sure why since they're supplying roadsigns to tell us that Makoto's manager is Davi the fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Also, find a way to cut down on using the full transform stock in each episode. It's fine or twice, but gets long after a while.
It'd be better if the L-O-V-E sequence was either shorter, or different between the Precures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Davi pretty much confirmed for being Makoto's manager (or at least someone from Trump Kingdom). If it is Davi, guessing this may imply that the other fairies can take on a human appearance at some point when they mature enough.
That would make the Cure Lavie seller that pink thing in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Even with the corner cutting they did on the transformation, it's still quite long. Once we get Cure Sword's, it'll probably lighten up, (eg. all the Cures will say "Love Link" and all the faeries will spell out L-O-V-E in unison, etc.). I know the transformation scenes are usually longer in the beginning stages of a Precure series, but when 3 cures feels longer than the 5 combined from Smile (when each went through a full transformation), there's a bit of a problem.

Some of the faces looked kinda bleah from mid distance, though I'm wondering if that's just the budget going into Makoto's screentime.
I think that Dokidoki has less budget than Smile or Heartcatch.

I don't think that the combined transformation is longer than the longer versions in Smile, but it's nowhere as fun so it overstays its welcome.

Tags
action, magical girl