AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-07-05, 09:35   Link #7681
monster

I notice that some article titles use commas in place of the symbol "&" or the word "and."

For a fictional example, a title could be: Man Kills Women, Children in L.A.

Is that a new convention? It's just awkward to read that kind of title.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 06:15   Link #7682
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Does anyone know what happened to this movie?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-07-14, 12:11   Link #7683
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Where does the name C.C. from Code Geass come from? If you watch the anime you would be hearing C2 the entire time, and everywhere I see it written as シー・ツー (shii tsuu). So unless there's a very good reason (such as somewhere deep in the source materials), there would be no reason to call her C.C. But no matter where I search, I can't find the origin of this C.C. name. Can anyone help?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 12:21   Link #7684
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Where does the name C.C. from Code Geass come from? If you watch the anime you would be hearing C2 the entire time, and everywhere I see it written as シー・ツー (shii tsuu). So unless there's a very good reason (such as somewhere deep in the source materials), there would be no reason to call her C.C. But no matter where I search, I can't find the origin of this C.C. name. Can anyone help?
Lelouch found out her real name but it was not said aloud. For all intents and purposes her name is C.C. like V.V. is. The two Immortals that where shown both had that as their name. As for the nun from C.C.'s past, her name was never known either. C.C. leaves her name as that. So that's that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 12:31   Link #7685
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Actually, シー・ツー is only used so japanese audience knows how to read her name. It was confirmed right from the get go it is written C.C.
Old 2015-07-14, 13:59   Link #7686
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, シー・ツー is only used so japanese audience knows how to read her name. It was confirmed right from the get go it is written C.C.
So that's exactly what I was talking about. If you don't have access to that site and do not see the words "C.C." written, would you ever be able to guess that it's C.C. and not C2 from just watching the anime? I get that it was C.C. from the get go, but before your source I could only go by word that it's C.C.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 14:14   Link #7687
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Does anyone knows MangaBox?

It's an official site where you can legally read manga from some Japanese authors.

Is there a way to read old chapters from the site? I interested with B-Ball Goddess and Red Blood Red Legacy but only the 1st and latest chapters can be read.
Old 2015-08-07, 05:35   Link #7688
K-I-M-I

Is here a general Thread about Cosplay, where you can talk about it and posts your own pictures etc.?
K-I-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 06:22   Link #7689
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-I-M-I View Post
Is here a general Thread about Cosplay, where you can talk about it and posts your own pictures etc.?
Ask and you shall receive.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 06:25   Link #7690
K-I-M-I

Thank you very much! ^-^
K-I-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 09:41   Link #7691
abc0716

For anyone that familiar on airline's frequent-flyer program...

Which airline's FFP is the better, in terms of validity of mileage (the one that can use to redeem various things), on their respective airline alliance? (The longer the validity, the better the program for my question...)

E.g...
'@' Air -> Oneworld
'#' Airline -> SkyTeam
'$ $' -> Star Alliance

abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 04:03   Link #7692
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I was bored out of my mind and somehow revisited a thought I once had long ago.

Consider actual planet habitability; like how likely it is for it to contain atmosphere, how long it can generate magnetic fields to ward off space radiation, how the weather system would actually go and so on. Is there any example of a fictional world (not identical Earth in a fictional setting, but an actual fictional world) that actually makes sense?

The thought originally crossed my mind when I played RPGs with open world map back in the day. Often, the whole world of the game would only take up a very tiny fraction of Earth if you compare them. "Could a planet so small really hold such advanced life forms?" I thought.
Old 2015-08-21, 09:04   Link #7693
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So basically you're asking what's the smallest planet that can hold earth conditions?

Just make the planet a moon (not like there's any difference really) of another planet that has a strong magnetic field, or make the star suck (blue dwarf or whatever they were) and then sprinkle a bit of water and a metal core and voila.

You could also make it it the moon of a moon :P wonder why we don't have a lot of those in the sol system.
Old 2015-09-08, 10:59   Link #7694
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What's the difference and features between Google Chrome and Chromium web browsers?
Old 2015-09-08, 11:31   Link #7695
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What's the difference and features between Google Chrome and Chromium web browsers?
Aside from branding, Chrome includes some proprietary code, like built-in Flash, and I believe it collects additional information on browser usage or something like that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 21:23   Link #7696
The 48th Ronin

How do I know if a GPU is entry, middle or high level, especially GeForce?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 14:00   Link #7697
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
How do I know if a GPU is entry, middle or high level, especially GeForce?
price?

Anyway usually the larger the number the higher end it is. First number (or two) usually tells you the generation and the second one gives you the level, last usually gives you something approaching a revision.

So:

GTX980 > GTX970 > GTX960 > GTX950.

If you want to complicate you throw older generations in there (like the GTX780) but then it becomes muddled because a low-end newer generation graphics card is usually worst than the mid-end previous generation. However that's not quite as linear because sometimes a new generation will add support for newer features that the older one won't get but, to be fair, that hasn't happened much in the last few years.

So High level would be the GTX Titan and GTX980, mid-level would be your GTX 970/960 and low would be the GTX950.
Old 2015-09-30, 03:16   Link #7698
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What is the name of the anime with a girl in seifuku holding a spade?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 08:49   Link #7699
The 48th Ronin

What does HBP mean?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 09:42   Link #7700
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
What does HBP mean?
Here's some on what HBP means.