AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-07-31, 00:37   Link #1601
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Errr. This episode wasn't funny...probably because I didin't find any of the insides jokes funny. I demand my 30 minutes back and that the producers do a properly beach episode!
Old 2007-07-31, 03:06   Link #1602
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Woot! The beach episode is here. Aww no beach volleyball. XD

This was a cute episode though. Whoo I'm not the only one to catch the Pokereference. Pikaplane! XD

Go Super Sayajin Hayate!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 04:03   Link #1603
finalventje
Your ecchi, give it to me

Beach class, gotta love it

And Hayate going DBZ =====> FTW

I had hoped that Klaus and Tama would have slept trough the entire episode, otherwise it was brilliant
finalventje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:18   Link #1604
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

They should have made taiga obocchan a trap in the series. it would have added alot more to his character.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:21   Link #1605
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That's because her hair is silver in Inukami. The one who wears a lab-coat.

Cheers.
I doubt they would have changed the hair colour for their purposes. If they were referencing they would probably have kept the hair colour and possibly even got the same VA to voice the role. Tbh, I agree with deathkillz in that I think it's just a random character using the inukami character design.

The episode itself, hmm... I'm just gonna say it's the same as last weeks for me but worse. I'll leave it at that. Don't want to be "spoiling" the thread for other people who still enjoy the show.

Last edited by arkon; 2007-07-31 at 11:11. Reason: t3h GRAMMER!!!!!
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:26   Link #1606
Painkiller
Shining Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
since there was no plot, pacing for 18 was zzzzish, although i lol'd @ the lancelot
Is there ever much of a plot?

Though, I agree. It wasn't that interesting and was putting me to sleep. The only part that got me to laugh at bit would be the reference to Lancelot and a couple of other references, like the DBZ move that Hayate pulled off. Outside that, disappointing.

No Hinagiku at a beach. Then they just gave you screen-cap here and there of here in a swim-suit. Doesn't make up for her not being there. Though, considering what was going on during the episode. I doubt it matter if she was there or not. That weird butler took a lot of screen time this week.
Painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:37   Link #1607
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Not really a bad episode, a lot of eyecandies and some fun references. But it felt too rushed.
The first bit wasn't good though .. Hinagiku stays home because she's afraid of flying ... talk about the way of killing an episode right from the start (adding that Maria wasn't there to begin with).

But even if Hina was there, I doubt anything would have change, since they portrayed too many characters while not having enough time. So all that's left are those lovely screenshots (that one of Hina with the black bikini is beyond belief) and some random comedy. Honestly I'm starting to wonder what purpose are serving the butlers Nonohara and Himuro , the gags with their masters may be funny one time, two, three .. but on the long ride they're just tiresome.

Points for Hayate being planesick and lovely supported by Nagi. All in all, they could do better with a beach episode, probably use less characters and focus more on them. Also, canceling that Schmidt butler from the rest of the series would also help a lot
Old 2007-07-31, 05:44   Link #1608
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ho well, this episode was much like the usual "Beach episode mandatory!" fanservice, and i believe it delivered its purpose (they didn't forget hinagiku despite that awful start XD)

Well, that episode humour was indeed rather hit-or-miss, and it was somewhat dull (i will agree that Nonohara and Himuro are quite rampant on their jokes, but things might be... well too weird if they begin to be "real butlers". consistant "plot devices", yada yada ^^")

What interested me the most was probably the very development between Nagi and Hayate, despite its utter shortness. (DAMMN SHMIDT >_<)

That said, i think the beach episode wasn't really possible to "structure" differently: less characters would kill its purpose and "plot" (well, was supposed to be a class trip ^^"), and in 2 episodes, it would be quite overkill for an eye candy one, so well. not really many choices i believe :x
Old 2007-07-31, 05:44   Link #1609
Painkiller
Shining Star

Quote:
But even if Hina was there, I doubt anything would have change, since they portrayed too many characters while not having enough time. So all that's left are those lovely screenshots (that one of Hina with the black bikini is beyond belief) and some random comedy. Honestly I'm starting to wonder what purpose are serving the butlers Nonohara and Himuro , the gags with their masters may be funny one time, two, three .. but on the long ride they're just tiresome.

Points for Hayate being planesick and lovely supported by Nagi. All in all, they could do better with a beach episode, probably use less characters and focus more on them. Also, canceling that Schmidt butler from the rest of the series would also help a lot
You figure they be there since in the closing theme animation they're both at the bench with the rest of the cast, too.

They're starting to spread out too many characters, which isn't a good. It's my one of major of complaints with Nanoha StrikerS, where the cast far too huge. Hayate and Nagi got little coverage while all these side characters received way too much screen time. We had fun with the trio in a episode and those butlers had their spotlight when Hayate enter the school.

Removing the female trio, those two butlers and their masters and Schmidt would help a lot. They can be on the scene, but a lot of more focus than deserved been put on them. They should join Klaus and Tama in the background.
Painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 06:02   Link #1610
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 18

I'm not going to disagree with anything negative anyone has said about this episode. That really just sucked.

Most of the humour surrounding Schmidt's attempts to force his version of fun on everyone else was forced and annoying, the references were obscure and unrelated to the plot in the same way one sees of Lucky Star, this episode added nothing to the overall plot and characters, and the two best characters were sidelined from the beginning... while two of the funniest characters were literally asleep for half the episode. Worst ep of the series to date by a long way, IMO. I'd hate it if we saw too many more episodes of this calibre.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 07:16   Link #1611
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Someone list references please ^_^. D
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:04   Link #1612
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

When watching the preview for this episode last week, i though it was going to be EXTREME --- it was alright, though i think it could have been so much better.

Yeah not having Katsura at the beach was a kick in the balls, though her snapshot scenes made up for it. Loved the Code Geass' references --- and some great Wakamoto moments.

I think i laughed most at "Klaus sprayed insecticide" more then anything.
Old 2007-07-31, 09:54   Link #1613
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wasn't that an Ultimate Muscle reference in the shot before the DBZ one? What about the one before that, I don't quite recognize it. And what was the first robot Schidt used?

I'm also surprised no one caught Schidt wearing Asuka's head clips, and the fact that Lancelot is using an Eva cockpit lol.

But really, no laughs, no Maria, and little Hina. No plot, rapid pacing. Makes this eps a fail for me, but then again, what can one expect from a filler episode I guess. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:13   Link #1614
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yes it was ultimate muscle.

for you guys complaining about this episode having no real plot... other than maybe 5 of the previous episodes, none of the other ones had plots neither.

I have come to realize not to have high expectations of this show. its going to stay on that mediocre plain for the whole run. this is how the series was planned, this is how the series is going to be. the parodies are not going to be done with more precision, they are all going to be 2 second vague references. the main plot will not last for more than 5 minutes per episode. something wacky and most likely out of the blue will always happen. This show is a fun spoof to watch but nothing to dedicate yourself to. *These comments do not apply to the manga*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:25   Link #1615
anselfir
Style Über Alles

well im not buying into romantic developments between a loli and hayate, eeh, just no. might work in teh cute kind of way but loli is still loli, they belong in the basement.
Old 2007-07-31, 11:26   Link #1616
SatanicZero

i LOL@the part hayate became a super saiyan
SatanicZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 11:30   Link #1617
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

i wasn't too impressed with the episode, probably because the episode did not have enough Isumi, Hinagiku, and Maria, although I LOL'd at the Geass and DBZ reference.

Although I'm looking forward to the next episode. more Maria=win.
Old 2007-07-31, 14:12   Link #1618
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually disagree on the last 5 having no plot.

Eps. 13 was about Hayate trying to get into the Academy. Eps. 14-16 was about the battle story about them combat butlers. While Eps 17 was character development for Nagi.

Eps. 18? Lets put a lot of the characters in a beach, whose purpose is to 'have some fun'.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 14:25   Link #1619
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow......what a giant waste of time that episode was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
for you guys complaining about this episode having no real plot... other than maybe 5 of the previous episodes, none of the other ones had plots neither.
Yea but the main difference between all those other episodes and this one was that those were actually you know...funny. Oh well next episode saki and maria (My two favorite characters... <3 maids) get the spotlight so that should hopefully make up for this very large misfire of a episode.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 14:30   Link #1620
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well actually.. Saki is part of the real story line. The next episode has something to do with the plot :P. But not sure about 20.... I think for 20 they are gonna start continuing right off they left at episode 18 which is the mountain lol. I sense a conspiracy at work here. Suzumiya Haruhi? Cronological order? Oh how I fear it will become to this.... Btw LIST REFERENCES :P
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp