AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 23:16   Link #121
Theowne
耳をすませば

I don't know what to make of this. It's not like I had an emotional connection to any characters, but the highlight of this series, to me, was always the mind games between L and Light. With L being dead, that eliminates that altogether, just when I had been thinking that aspect of the show might return...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-04-06, 00:16   Link #122
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Very funny, Kittie....considering you gave away manga spoilers before Shiroth did.
What? I didn't. Anime spoilers yeah but I presume people reading this thread, now that the episode is out, will be expecting to talk about it.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:17   Link #123
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I pretty much agree. My favorite parts of the anime were the cat and mouse between L and Light, and just watching L generally. Without him there, I can't imagine it'll be nearly as interesting.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:19   Link #124
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I don't know what to make of this. It's not like I had an emotional connection to any characters, but the highlight of this series, to me, was always the mind games between L and Light. With L being dead, that eliminates that altogether, just when I had been thinking that aspect of the show might return...
Yeah.

TBH it was a good episode but it's implications for the rest of the series are bad. 11 episodes without L? Come on.

L was the character that really made the show. At first Death Note was "Intriguing" but it wasn't "amazing" until we had L.

Sucks he had to die. I guess that's what happened in the manga, so it has to happen in the anime. I think when they make animes of stuff though, they should revise things like this. I don't think L dying this early on is integral to Death Note being Death Note. It would be much better if it didn't happen until towards the end if it had to at all.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:27   Link #125
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
What? I didn't. Anime spoilers yeah but I presume people reading this thread, now that the episode is out, will be expecting to talk about it.
Then in that case, Shiroth was merely giving away an anime spoiler, either. Which means you have no cause to be snarking on him.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:55   Link #126
w00tix

I have a slight prediction

Spoiler:

Thank you come again.
Old 2007-04-06, 01:14   Link #127
FlashCE

BTW what do the kids have to do with anything at all? Are the scenes with the children flashbacks?
Old 2007-04-06, 03:04   Link #128
U<3Anime
Boo!

L is dead except it.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-06 at 17:11. Reason: Movie spoiler is removed.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:58   Link #129
Divinegon

To go at Kittie's Rose doubt about L having no real name.
In the How to Read volume of Death note, it states the 66 rules on how using the Death Note.
One of them says that the shinigami eyes reveal the name that can be used to kill that person, even if that person was never given a name or have it registed.
So it makes me wonder how do people originally get their name? Does God give them? Is it different from the ones given by our parents?
Old 2007-04-06, 04:28   Link #130
Petbe
Wingless Angel

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Even though it happened.. I cannot believe it happened. While his eye's were closing, I was expecting them to pop open or something but!!! I am rather sad.. I knew at one point it would happen. I knew that some way or another, one of them would.. but... !!!

10/10

Why did they have to kill the old man.. what he ever do! He was so nice.. and sniper at that.
Old 2007-04-06, 04:43   Link #131
Effu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If L was to carry out his plan, then the 13 day rule would appear to be a fake, meaning that all fingers would be pointed at Light & Misa.
Spoiler for ep25:
This means that Rem should have done this before L had this plan ?
Old 2007-04-06, 07:19   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Then in that case, Shiroth was merely giving away an anime spoiler, either. Which means you have no cause to be snarking on him.
Not really -- the sub has been released, so spoilers to do with this weeks episode don't have to be in spoiler tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effu View Post
This means that Rem should have done this before L had this plan ?
That could have worked, but then again Rem had no reason to kill L.
Old 2007-04-06, 10:27   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I didn't even watch the second movie after hearing the ending was changed --- that and i found the first movie to be a complete waste of time. :3

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-06 at 17:16. Reason: spoilerish quote removed!
Old 2007-04-06, 11:49   Link #134
Spastic_Hobo

I really like how they handled this episode for the most part. I was a manga reader and really looked foward to seeing it, but there were a few scenes that seemed out of place to me.

On the postive side, I get that they were trying to throw in some foreshadowing and they did a really good job of showing how L knew he was defeted. Especially in that "gay" scene they added with Light and L.

Spoiler for not really a spoiler but a long biblical reference:

I also enjoyed the foreshadowing flashbacks to L's childhood. Given the deathly silence in the air (notice there was little background music), the loud, jarring church bell sound that only L could hear showed that he knew his time was coming. There's more foreshadowing in those scenes but mentioning them goes into manga spoiler territory. Never the less I really appreciated them.

And the way L died was perfect. There was no surprise in his eyes like Ray Penbar, or sadness like Penbar's fiance. He knew he was right all along, and he knew exactly how it was going to end.

One of my few complaints is the scene with Misa walking through Tokyo and singing. It just seemed completely out of place. I did however like the way she dressed and how the blank look on her face gave her the appearance of a doll. I guess thats just another good image, considering how she was used as a tool to indirectly kill L and Watari. Plus with Rem out of the way she's completely given herself up and is now a puppet for Light to control.

Anyways, all in all a real good episode. One of my favorites yet. But its also kind of a sad note for me cause IMO this is the point in the manga where it starts to go downhill.

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the biblical reference.
Old 2007-04-06, 14:39   Link #135
Kittie Rose

I'll miss Rem though... it was nice to have a sane, balanced character, I guess.

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-06 at 17:23. Reason: movie spoiler removed!
Old 2007-04-06, 14:47   Link #136
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Why is movie spoiler here ? Not all have seen it...
Old 2007-04-06, 15:14   Link #137
Suhaki

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-06, 15:44   Link #138
TigerII
Pilot in Training

L is DEAD. Period. If you name is written in the Deathnote you die, no way around it.
Old 2007-04-06, 15:53   Link #139
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Please remember that any reference from the Death Note movie would be considered a spoiler, even if enclosed in spoiler tags.

The same warnng that applies to the manga applies to the movie, i.e.

Quote:
Keep spoilers from the movie out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
You may not even post movie spoilers in spoiler tags!
I suggest anyone who has just posted about the movie (that includes quotes that mentions the movie) had better edit their posts now, or face a ban!
Old 2007-04-06, 16:46   Link #140
Nikki FM
Yuu-ichi! Yuu-ichi!

I just watched ep 25.

I'm going to say this show just redeemed itself. What an awesome episode. Intense.
Closed Thread