AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 16:28   Link #241
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
I suppose it would've been more forgivable had he axed Lelouch. (sarcasm)

Now I'm not saying that he couldn't have compromised, but if he had, he would've been more hypocritical than ever (though ironically, he would be less despised).

To be honest, trading Lelouch in to the Emperor was the lesser of two evils. On one hand, he could have killed Lelouch and could still be in a position for an advancement in status (which would have certainly solidified his reputation as an asshole in my book), and on the other, he proceeds with the deal to not have to kill Lelouch and yada yada yada. And add in the fact that Lelouch is now invulnerable to Geass (at least from the Emperor himself).

By the way, what is the "ruling" on that matter? If an individual has already been "Geassed," by one user, are they still vulnerable to orders from another user?
First we dont know if the Emperor has a limit on the Geass. God knows how long he must of been studying about the Geass, he may have found a loop hole. Second I dont think Suzaku brought Lelouch to the Emperor with the thought in mind of letting him live. He probably doesn't give a rats ass wheter he lives or dies.

As for him being nice an act in Season 1...I doubt it. I think he was aiming to be a good person. He was solider yes, but his only fault really lied in him following orders blindly.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:33   Link #242
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Suzaku was simply trading Lelouch for the position. What happened to Lelouch didn't matter to him.

Taniguchi said himself that it was all an act and that he was simply being selfish.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:34   Link #243
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Suzaku was simply trading Lelouch for the position. What happened to Lelouch didn't matter to him.

Taniguchi said himself that it was all an act and that he was simply being selfish.
actually, that's interesting question: When did the whole swearing to kill Zero thing come in? Was it in fact after the events of turn 2, despite showing up in turn 1?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:34   Link #244
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
First we dont know if the Emperor has a limit on the Geass. God knows how long he must of been studying about the Geass, he may have found a loop hole. Second I dont think Suzaku brought Lelouch to the Emperor with the thought in mind of letting him live. He probably doesn't give a rats ass wheter he lives or dies.

As for him being nice an act in Season 1...I doubt it. I think he was aiming to be a good person. He was solider yes, but his only fault really lied in him following orders blindly.
Do not forget as well that Suzaku was also blindly bent on killing Euphemia's murderer, which in particular was Zero. I will not and can not say that you are wrong in the belief that Suzaku brought Lelouch to the Emperor for personal gain, but if we all agree that Suzaku acts irrationally and blindly, and if Suzaku did not "give a rat's ass about Lelouch," he could have very easily just shot him then and there.

Quote:

Source (not that I believe you are lying, but a link of some sort would be helpful)?
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:38   Link #245
scifijimmy

Yeah, the whole swearing to kill Zero did seem unexplained unless it is a flashfoward.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:39   Link #246
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
actually, that's interesting question: When did the whole swearing to kill Zero thing come in? Was it in fact after the events of turn 2, despite showing up in turn 1?
That has been something I have been curious about. I assume it happened after episode 2.

Quote:
Source (not that I believe you are lying, but a link of some sort would be helpful)?
Well, I can't recall exactly where he said it. If you watch the last Picture Book and look at what Suzaku is saying, you can see how messed up Suzaku's mindset was back then. Mao said it himself in episode 16.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-14, 16:41   Link #247
Juvyniled

Quote:
Well, I can't recall exactly where he said it. If you watch the last Picture Book and look at what Suzaku is saying, you can see how messed up Suzaku's mindset was back then. Mao said it himself in episode 16.
Oh, I thought you meant that Taniguchi had said it himself directly in an interview.
Old 2008-04-14, 16:43   Link #248
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Oh, I thought you meant that Taniguchi had said it himself directly in an interview.
I think he or someone may have once, but I can't recall for sure. Someone else would probably know. I know he talked about how he regarded Lelouch in an interview once.

Old 2008-04-14, 17:02   Link #249
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Cool thing would be if suddenly Suzaku dies catching everybody off guard. Yeah it would. Well, we are already used to the plot twists of the show aren't we?
Old 2008-04-14, 17:09   Link #250
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The biggest plot twist I saw was Euphemia and I had sort of been getting death vibes from her for a while. The conflict with Suzaku has to be taken care of eventually, but it won't be till later.

Old 2008-04-14, 18:35   Link #251
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
I suppose it would've been more forgivable had he axed Lelouch. (sarcasm)

To be honest, trading Lelouch in to the Emperor was the lesser of two evils. On one hand, he could have killed Lelouch and could still be in a position for an advancement in status (which would have certainly solidified his reputation as an asshole in my book), and on the other, he proceeds with the deal to not have to kill Lelouch and yada yada yada. And add in the fact that Lelouch is now invulnerable to Geass (at least from the Emperor himself).

By the way, what is the "ruling" on that matter? If an individual has already been "Geassed," by one user, are they still vulnerable to orders from another user?
I think Lelouch would have preferred to be axed compared to being dragged before his enemy in chains, mindraped and then having his memories of his mother and sister erased.

As it is, we have no idea if Suzaku knew Lelouch would be spared or not. He could simply have been bringing Lelouch before the emperor as a precautionary measure. After all, if he killed Lelouch on the island, where's the proof that the guy was Zero? And there's no clue whether the emperor would react favourably or disfavourably to someone killing one of his children (even exiled ones). Better to just drag Lulu to the emperor and let him make the decision while trying to bargain for a better rank.

And I'd say yes, people seem to be vulnerable to other geasses since Shirley and Suzaku can be affected by both Mao and Lulus.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:48   Link #252
scifijimmy

I personally believe the Emperor is out to corrupt Suzaku. Slowly give him power, but put limits and costs on it until Suzaku's mind frame suits the emperor.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:52   Link #253
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I think Lelouch would have preferred to be axed compared to being dragged before his enemy in chains, mindraped and then having his memories of his mother and sister erased.

As it is, we have no idea if Suzaku knew Lelouch would be spared or not. He could simply have been bringing Lelouch before the emperor as a precautionary measure. After all, if he killed Lelouch on the island, where's the proof that the guy was Zero? And there's no clue whether the emperor would react favourably or disfavourably to someone killing one of his children (even exiled ones). Better to just drag Lulu to the emperor and let him make the decision while trying to bargain for a better rank.
Just as well, that's almost as if to say that Suzaku knew Lelouch would even be of any value to the Emperor.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:00   Link #254
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
b) Kill off the Emperor himself and become the new emperor.
I really think he could kill the emperor if he needs to...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 19:22   Link #255
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I really think he could kill the emperor if he needs to...
I really think he couldn't hope to kill the Emperor. Besides the point Suzaku could never come in direct eye contact with him, Suzaku's also never had to fight someone who could match his physical abilities.

Even in his 60s, the Emperor looks in damn good physical condition. more than enough to wring Suzaku's scrawny little neck. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:03   Link #256
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
As for marrying into the family the best possiblity was with Euphie.
This is speculation, but from the attitudes espoused on the show I really doubt that would have happened. Oh, they could certainly have a forbidden love type thing going, with a strangely chaste but passionate romance, but if the Britannians are as heavily based on the older group as they appear to be there's NO WAY a princess marries a non-royal, and sure as hell no way someone of a different race. For all we know, Euphie's death was the only escape from an ignominious death in a nameless ditch somewhere for Suzaku.

As to Suzaku killing the Emperor, I have to point out: Does killing the president make you president? Does stabbing Chairman Mao make you the next head of China? Lelouch's plans did involve killing his father, to be sure, but that was more because Britannia would probably never dissolve while Charles lived. Or, possibly, he wanted to see his father humbled before him, who knows?
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:16   Link #257
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ thats how empires back in the day worked. you kill the head, you become the head.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:23   Link #258
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ thats how empires back in the day worked. you kill the head, you become the head.
Only if you have the backing of either the army or a powerful noble who has control of the army. Suzaku has neither. Especially since he is not a Knight of a succesor, but of the Emperor himself. Killing the Emperor as a Knight of the Round will actually weaken Suzaku's position, as the new Emperor would want his own loyal knights to be his guards. The Knights of the dead emperor would become a liability as they can't be trusted.
Old 2008-04-14, 22:23   Link #259
scifijimmy

It was not impossible however for non-nobility to marry into royalty as marianne was a commoner. Just highly unlikely with many MAJOR factors going against a Euphie-Suzaku match.
Old 2008-04-14, 22:38   Link #260
Marsala
Delurker

Euphemia was going to give up her royalty, however; that should have made a match between her and Suzaku possible.

Anyway, after reading through some of the old interviews, I think that Suzaku's feelings for Nunnally are stronger than his feelings for Euphemia were. It was mentioned that Suzaku sees Lelouch as just an old friend but sees Nunnally as a special person; also, the ending of Episode 25 highlighted the rivalry of Lelouch and Suzaku over Nunnally, with her image being shown after the gunshot. Hero in love with girl vs. girl's evil (kind of) brother with a siscon is a common trope in anime.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote