AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 04:14   Link #241
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've always asociated the Relics being in boxes as being put in safe storage, not that they were dug up like that. If they were, wouldn't a Relic as important as the one used by the Saint King be labelled Relic I? You know... being the Kings Relic and all... And I would see it put in a far more elaborate box too.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-24 at 04:33.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 04:30   Link #242
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

Damn, he sounds vicious...
If "he" you mean the barbarian, keep in mind that;

Spoiler:

If you mean the "other antagonist", he'll use and betray his henchmen to win.

Quote:

...but why would this other antagonist hate the Aces? Now you've got me curious.

He has made a large harem and long lived with the belief he is really the strongest and most beautiful of the universe. It was until he has heard of "three equally beautiful archangels raining destruction over their enemies", he managed to get a glimpse of the Aces, and now has a deep-rooted mix of hate, envy and love for them.

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-05-24 at 08:08.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 04:48   Link #243
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
When did I say this Kha? *Vanish*
oO

I swear you did! Now give me my set of Azzinoth!!!

*shakes illidan182 vigorously, waiting for Warblades to drop.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Tausend Kruez doesn't have a crystal core. Mach Calibur does, however.
I swore I drew a core into Tausend Kreuz... Or was it the old design?

*rummages through the 1000 designs, looking for the proper one.*

Mach Caliber was a Belka device wholly designed and built by the TSAB, and hence the crystal core.

At least in my Khrack, Tausend Kreuz, along with the rest of the Tausend Items that SaintX dreamed up, was one of the first such Devices ever built and were a gesture of peace Sankt Kaiser wanted to show the Midchilda barbarians.

And help "the one she could not have" fight off daemons chewing through his ranks by giving him and his select heroes devices designed to counter Chaos, but that fact is lost in time now...

All of the Tausend Items except Tausend Kreuz did not reach the Midchilda Outriders due to sabotage, and eventually that force which had been sent out on a suicide mission, only 10% managed to escape with their lives. This severely skewed the power balance between those that wanted war with Belka, and those that wanted reconciliation, and the next nail on the coffin of the Belka empire was hammered in.

I don't suppose this is in your Fall of an Empire, so...

Man I wish Last Book of the Testament wasn't so long that I couldn't summarize it coherently!

Quote:
We were talking about Ah! My Goddess angels there, Kha.
Oops.

Quote:
The reverse is true for me, though I did better in Yu-Gi-Oh because I liked it more, one of the reasons being that you don't have to fill half your deck with boring mana cards.
Ah well, I had literally boxes of lands to work with, and most of my decks at first didn't have lands. They had certain... artefacts.

Quote:
But drama during the fight while losing shouldn't be much less, ne?
It depends on what was the purpose of the fight. If its meant to be an emo wakeup call, y all means.

Quote:
The problem was that these dragons made Fried look like a little lizard with a lighter. Not to mention it would totally ruin Keroko's combat style to start summoning, and the fact that it smells like 'I want to do this, so I will!'
How about her Blaster Bits taking the form of mechanical dragon whelps?

Quote:
I think you can poke me and Tempest for your 40K needs. Me you can poke for aditional Warcraft lore too.
No, I want my take to look like WH, but nothing more than a shoutout and is unique in itself. I think it's better that way. But what I do need help with is the Necrons, and how they ended up on Megiddo and other places during CrosyS. That's what I think I need for now. :3

Quote:

*bemoans the fact that I only have Shouta-Kha to play with.*
Old 2008-05-24, 06:34   Link #244
Jimmy C

Quote:
I've always asociated the Relics being in boxes as being put in safe storage, not that they were dug up like that.
I've gone through ch1 again, and you could be partly right. The odd thing is, the Relic's container changes form during the chapter. When it first appears on pg17, it's a box about a foot across, with straps. When it appears again on pg23, it's a thin black case that's 2 feet on one side. The case is still thick enough to contain the Relic case when it appears in ch3 pgs 8 & 9. That is the design that is used in the anime.

Quote:
If they were, wouldn't a Relic as important as the one used by the Saint King be labelled Relic I?
We know that the Cradle was a LL that wasn't created by the Ancient Belkans themselves. What if the Relic came with the ship? It isn't number I because it's not the top ship of its previous masters.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 09:36   Link #245
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
We know that the Cradle was a LL that wasn't created by the Ancient Belkans themselves. What if the Relic came with the ship? It isn't number I because it's not the top ship of its previous masters.
Whoa, wait what? Did I miss something or did we just touch on the possibility of multiple Cradles?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 09:39   Link #246
Jimmy C

Not just the Cradle. According to Sound Stage 3, the TSAB knows of several LL ships. All of them are considered extremely dangerous.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:31   Link #247
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

And the White Tempest is the newest Lost Logia ship to be added to the mix.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:36   Link #248
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Whoa, wait what? Did I miss something or did we just touch on the possibility of multiple Cradles?
Not multiple Cradles, but actual capital ships designed to kill stuff and blow planets up in one Arc equivalent, not "start and protect a civilization", which is what I believe the Cradle is.

Once you realize that the Cradle is just h4xxed up a different alley --My take is that of a former colony ship overclocking its warp drives to be able to teleport whole navies, instantly opening up Fleet Shock tactics to the Belka, and also counts as an interdimensional attack as mentioned in canon--, you'd see that there is a possibility that there is a niche for such mobile platforms to exist for the Belka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Not just the Cradle. According to Sound Stage 3, the TSAB knows of several LL ships. All of them are considered extremely dangerous.
And that's where the OC goes wild... SaintX has one, An Hero has one, Alphatachi has 1 to several, and I'm not sure how to classify the Archangel.

Though surprisingly, we don't see rates like even 1 LL ship per author.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:47   Link #249
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Ynana's ship would not blow up planets, and she is here to keep its AI in check and prevent the ship and the replication mechanism of its drones from going berserk.
Old 2008-05-24, 10:55   Link #250
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I swore I drew a core into Tausend Kreuz... Or was it the old design?
Can't remember a core anywhere in the images I've seen.

Quote:
Mach Caliber was a Belka device wholly designed and built by the TSAB, and hence the crystal core.
Yes, but it proves that not all devices with a core are immediately Mid ones. Mach Caliber was built for Belkan magic, and had a core, making Belkan devices with a core valid.

Quote:
At least in my Khrack, Tausend Kreuz, along with the rest of the Tausend Items that SaintX dreamed up, was one of the first such Devices ever built and were a gesture of peace Sankt Kaiser wanted to show the Midchilda barbarians.

And help "the one she could not have" fight off daemons chewing through his ranks by giving him and his select heroes devices designed to counter Chaos, but that fact is lost in time now...

All of the Tausend Items except Tausend Kreuz did not reach the Midchilda Outriders due to sabotage, and eventually that force which had been sent out on a suicide mission, only 10% managed to escape with their lives. This severely skewed the power balance between those that wanted war with Belka, and those that wanted reconciliation, and the next nail on the coffin of the Belka empire was hammered in.

I don't suppose this is in your Fall of an Empire, so...
*shrug* Well, the Tausend Kruez is wielded by the third Primarch Toriah, but the rest of the stuff isn't.

Quote:
It depends on what was the purpose of the fight. If its meant to be an emo wakeup call, y all means.
No, simply drama while fighting. Fights don't always have to be about boasting you know, Misaki could put down some pretty dramatic fights.

Quote:
How about her Blaster Bits taking the form of mechanical dragon whelps?
Heh. No.

Quote:
No, I want my take to look like WH, but nothing more than a shoutout and is unique in itself. I think it's better that way. But what I do need help with is the Necrons, and how they ended up on Megiddo and other places during CrosyS. That's what I think I need for now. :3
Simply make Megiddo a Tomb World. Problem solved.

Quote:

*bemoans the fact that I only have Shouta-Kha to play with.*

Quote:
I've gone through ch1 again, and you could be partly right. The odd thing is, the Relic's container changes form during the chapter. When it first appears on pg17, it's a box about a foot across, with straps. When it appears again on pg23, it's a thin black case that's 2 feet on one side. The case is still thick enough to contain the Relic case when it appears in ch3 pgs 8 & 9. That is the design that is used in the anime.
Hmm, maybe the archeological team didn't have a case designed for a Relic with them?

Quote:
This all asumes that the number on the box was the number given to it by the Belkan though. I prefer to think that this was the seventh Relic found by Mid, thus they put it in one of their Relic-cases and labelled it 'Relic number VII' simply because they didn't know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Did you really think the Cradle was the only Lost Logia warship out there?

Quote:
And that's where the OC goes wild... SaintX has one, An Hero has one, Alphatachi has 1 to several, and I'm not sure how to classify the Archangel.

Though surprisingly, we don't see rates like even 1 LL ship per author.
And we shouldn't. These things are supposed to be rare.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-24 at 11:31.
Old 2008-05-24, 11:52   Link #251
Jimmy C

Quote:
Hmm, maybe the archeological team didn't have a case designed for a Relic with them?
No, it's more like the artist changed his mind in the middle of the story. The archeologists were in the middle of a firefight between the two scenes where the case was shown.

Quote:
This all asumes that the number on the box was the number given to it by the Belkan though. I prefer to think that this was the seventh Relic found by Mid, thus they put it in one of their Relic-cases and labelled it 'Relic number VII' simply because they didn't know better.
The box is the original container for the Relics. It's important enough that they specifically highlight the "Relic Box" in Hayate's briefing in Ep3. Not to mention, even when RF 6 recovers the Relics from third parties, as in eps5, 11 and 12, they're in the exact same kind of box, with the exact same kind of writing for the numbers. Even though those Relics hadn't entered Bureau hand's before, why would so many people be using the same kind of packaging for the Relics? Unless the packaging had been found with the Relics.
Another reason that those numbers are the Relics' original numbers is that Lutecia was looking for Number XI. If the current Relic numbers were assigned by the Bureau, she'd have to be equally concerned about any Relics uncovered, regardless of the numbers we've seen. But that wasn't the case. At the end of ep12, she was no longer concerned about the loss of the Relic after she saw that it was number VI, not XI. If VI wasn't its real numbers, she'd be at least unhappy that they didn't have the Relic and couldn't identify its actual number.
And if I'm right about Relic VII coming with the Cradle, that means Relics are older than Ancient Belka.
Old 2008-05-24, 12:05   Link #252
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
No, it's more like the artist changed his mind in the middle of the story. The archeologists were in the middle of a firefight between the two scenes where the case was shown.
Actually, in the first chapter its easilly explained as they unpack the box from another box (you can see the empty box in the bottom right part of the frame).

Quote:
The box is the original container for the Relics. It's important enough that they specifically highlight the "Relic Box" in Hayate's briefing in Ep3. Not to mention, even when RF 6 recovers the Relics from third parties, as in eps5, 11 and 12, they're in the exact same kind of box, with the exact same kind of writing for the numbers. Even though those Relics hadn't entered Bureau hand's before, why would so many people be using the same kind of packaging for the Relics? Unless the packaging had been found with the Relics.
Another reason that those numbers are the Relics' original numbers is that Lutecia was looking for Number XI. If the current Relic numbers were assigned by the Bureau, she'd have to be equally concerned about any Relics uncovered, regardless of the numbers we've seen. But that wasn't the case. At the end of ep12, she was no longer concerned about the loss of the Relic after she saw that it was number VI, not XI. If VI wasn't its real numbers, she'd be at least unhappy that they didn't have the Relic and couldn't identify its actual number.
And if I'm right about Relic VII coming with the Cradle, that means Relics are older than Ancient Belka.
We know Relics are older then Ancient Belka, concidering they're Lost Logia.

You do raise a few good points though. The why everyone uses the same box part is easilly explained, its a Lost Logia after all, you use something you know will have the highest chance of keeping it safe to transport. Kinda like how you're not going to transport plutonium in a basket just because you wanted to use a different package then other people. The number thing is harder to explain, though we never got an explanation as to why Lutecia specifically needed Relic 11 (I smell an abandoned plot point here). However, I do wonder how all those boxes were found looking... well... brand new. If they were dug up after roughly 300 years, you'd expect them to look... worse? I can understand the Relics, concidering they're Lost Logia, but those boxes?

Also, a perfect example of both why we only see those specific boxes and that not all Relics are in those boxes would be chapter 3 of the manga. It's a Relic in a different box, and it went haywire, destroying the airport. That explains why they're put in those boxes.
Old 2008-05-24, 12:26   Link #253
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

*Tempest sees the Keroko and Vivio Caramelldansen*

*Tempest imagines Noland doing the same thing*

*Tempest's brain melts and dribbles out of his ears*

Quote:
*shrug* Well, the Tausend Kruez is wielded by the third Primarch Toriah, but the rest of the stuff isn't.
Out of curiousity, what is your list of primarchs? (I vaguely remember that Noland was going to be the third )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Seeing as Necrons are supposed to be billions of years old, it would not be an issue to have Megiddo a Tomb World. Though in doing so, you'll make the Necrons capable of attacking from anywhere. A question would be is how to awaken these said Necrons, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
And we shouldn't. These things are supposed to be rare.
There's a possibility I'm guilty of this too, buuut the ship I'm using gets grounded very quickly and is not seen again for a long time.

On the topic of these Relics... was Relic IV or XIV ever mentioned of being used?
Old 2008-05-24, 12:55   Link #254
Jimmy C

Quote:
(you can see the empty box in the bottom right part of the frame).
You're right, although it doesn't have the same cross-section as the box the archeologist had been holding earlier. That one had nearly the same width and height. The later one is much flatter and larger.

Quote:
The why everyone uses the same box part is easilly explained, its a Lost Logia after all, you use something you know will have the highest chance of keeping it safe to transport.
Even if the boxes had to have some common features to safeguard Relics, there's no reason for them to look exactly the same if they were made by different parties. Especially if some of those parties happened to be unlawful ones. Yet, they're identical down to the color of the material, shape and size. Like they were built from the same production line.
Besides, how would they know what's the best design for a safe Relic Box?

Quote:
though we never got an explanation as to why Lutecia specifically needed Relic 11
Why isn't as important as the fact she knows she isn't looking at the box that could have contained number 11. That she was satisfied that the number wasn't the one she wanted means the numbers on the boxes really are the actual numbers of the Relics.

Quote:
If they were dug up after roughly 300 years, you'd expect them to look... worse? I can understand the Relics, concidering they're Lost Logia, but those boxes?
Make the box scratchproof, and put it in a closed space. If it doesn't get crushed, it would look brand-new after you recover it and wipe the dust off.
Their creators' material technology was so good, they could make wear-proof boxes for their most important artifacts. Hardly a stretch, considering what else they've shown to be capable of. Besides, what makes you think it's just a plain box with a latch? Something like that would hardly be worth mentioning in the report on the Relics.

Quote:
It's a Relic in a different box, and it went haywire, destroying the airport.
We were never shown if there was a Relic case in that box, or a Relic without a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest dynasty View Post
was Relic IV or XIV ever mentioned of being used?
IV was the one recovered in ep5. XIV was never mentioned. It could be in Jail's stash, or still buried in some ruins somewhere.
Old 2008-05-24, 12:59   Link #255
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I was afraid of Broadsides when I first got into the game because they were so slow, but about every other non-metagamer in me wanted to use them because they were mecha. After experimenting, I think I'm ready to accept the challenge, partially pushed by the possible nerfs coming in the 5th Ed codex.
They are slow and yeah a 2+ save isn't bad... but it ain't vehicle armor they require a different approach to be sure.

Quote:
And it's a little hard to learn a race when everyone in your area plays everything else but Tau.
Part of that is because at least in the Codex Tau we're regarded as very weak, be glad you're playing 4th Ed my friend. Tau in general are also very specialized if you only want one army there are others that will let you have some variation in play style. I see allot of Tau from guys that have several armies more CC focused again for the change of pace. Going Tau as you're first army is also a bit (not as bad as 3rd ed) like jumping into the deep end; Tau are not forgiving of tactical mistakes against many kinds of armies.

Quote:
After a girl makes both sides listen to her song and forge an unstable peace.

Before the Dark Portal opens once again...

*runs from Macross and WoW veterans*
*sigh...*

Quote:
Yes! Eugenie lost quite a few battles early in my fic, in before Misaki creates her team and buffs them with plot armor. ><
I never really got into most those sorts of "mon'ish" shows myself now make me an anime about competitive gaming... Maybe make it about a nobodies rise to fame in the Korean Starcraft Circuit. Acutally I think that in general has the potential to be hilarious I mean shit they made an anime about competitive baking for god sake!

Quote:
...waaah? I thought that take was fanfiction.
Wrong Angels Kha... I'm not going to debate this one way or another though I've read most of the Manga and it still only barely makes sense to me. Then again that could be becasue I think while the author would never dare print contradictory or incorrect information about a motor vehicle he's basiclly making the universes magic up as he goes along...

Quote:
This is very fitting indeed! Not to mention gives a feeling of what’s gonna happen in Alpha…

On another note, this reminds me that this thread needs not more Tomino, nor Tolkien, it needs more Tohsaka, Mahou Shoujo!
Well I don't have plans to kill anyone (Cept the bad guys) or introduce sweeping epic history, but most of my main chars are snarky 30 something men, the other third are 15 to 20 something men, and then we have a few girls so not exactly Mahou Shoujo either... Then again as I've said in a rather bizarre twist I think my fic might be one of the most optimistic one's currently planned.

Quote:
Try having time to think long and hard with my schedule. Snap diagnosis people, snap diagnosis! Ideas die if we don't act quickly!
A few quick written notes with the rough idea for later considerations are your friend Kha.

Quote:
Sadly for the Nanoverse, Blizzard does not exist. Same as Valve and the people who made Halo. These gamers just don’t know what they are missing :3
Sure they do just gotta find the right dimension... Maybe have the TSAB send guys out looking for intel and come back with copies of Starcraft and Halo.

TSAB Grunt
: "No wait hear us out! Once we beat these games we'll totally be able to pwn these guys! Well once we invent power armor and siege tanks..."

Quote:
AWESOME IRC WIN APPEARS!!!
Hooray for IRC!

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah and the Khrack for Macross F just grew sooo much after episode 7…
Indeed after I watched it I was like... "Alright screw it I must write Macross Crack now I MUST."

Quote:
*sics the Nanoverse VF-171 Windraven Valkyrie from the Steel Talons, VF-19J Firehawk Valkyrie from the TSAB Air Force and VF-25 Thundercat Valkyrie from the SOPCC on Comar*

Too late. And there’s a cool theory to back it up. :3

*hides the Hikaru Memorial at the TSAB Main HQ under a canvas spread*
*labored sigh*

I'm sorry people this one is on me I was foolish enough to mention a minor aspect of the Macross verse I'd used as crack fuel myself in IRC in the presence of Kha and well...

Quote:
H4xx or not, that summoning IS in-universe you know? Now if a B-rank could summon 1 big one, what could an S-rank do?
I've got a summoner planned though no where near S-rank and not having any big ass summons mostly smaller stuff in larger numbers and maybe a familiar I'm still debating that though I have a neat one in mind so I'll probably do it...
Quote:
*cues Tk going “Good job, Kha. Now we’re screwed all over again.”*

“Good job, Kha. Now we’re screwed all over again.”

Quote:
s rapidly. :3

I'm Too lazy to try and break all this maybe I'll read it over again and edit in some more crap later, but for now I shall focus mostly on the stuff that concerns me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
*thumbs-up!*

It's not everytime that we see a world is described in detail, the only one I've read so far is TK's Planine. This presents yet another bloody conflict instigated by the Book of Darkness back before it went to Earth, and TSAB's darker side in employing the Arc against the Logia. Is Kaylin simply prejudiced against the Bureau after what Glock did to her?
I've acutally composed back stories for planets in my fics, but those are mostly for my own reference so I don't contradict myself...

Quote:
I was kind of worried that it might have led to Tesla being shafted in some scenes and that's kind of bad of me to do so <_<. Frankly, I have no idea how a tactician is supposed to function in frontline, except executing some moves that complement their allies', thereby boosting their battle prowess and chance of victory. All in all, the thinking cap managed that, somewhat, though I'm still feeling bad that Tesla isn't getting enough screen-time. Signum seems to be dwarfing Tesla in her shadow. Sorry. >_<
I myself spend most of my time screaming at my allies to bloody listen to me and stop bum rushing and death matching...

"GETTING KILLS WILL NOT WIN US THE GAME WE NEED TO CAPTURE CONTROL POINTS YOU IDIOTS GO FOR THE CONTROL POINTS!!!" *jet zooms in trying to strafe and plows into the ground "ARRRRGH AND STOP TAKING JETS IF YOU CAN'T FLY THEM!!!"

Of course this a depressingly accurate portrayal of the troops I'm trying to instill some tactical sense into...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...44300866646599

*massages temples and tries to calm himself*

Quote:

Daisy is certainly an interesting one. And her past-times made me go . Praying on Alan's "defective dating gene" had me laughing silly.
As is the fate of many Anime males surrounded by females the higher reasoning centers of Alan's brain have a distressing tendecy to shut down in there presence... As I've said my fic is only semi-serious so it has such comedy elements.

Quote:
Nobody messes with this girl and gets away unscathed. Maximum firepower indeed .
She's also a fan girl, that's revealed in the fic proper though given her style you get no points for guessing of who.

Quote:
I like Rose! Daisy is mean for shoving her to the front to tank fire, but that's what Rose is good at . Her spells would make head aches for the enemy, no doubt.
Hey man she was playing the tank before she ever met Daisy... Daisy was merely smart enough to see her usefulness and latch onto her like some sort of blood sucking insect.

Quote:
This is a nice dish to let us have an overview of Kou and Shin, and my, aren't their tempers explosive? (I think this applies to most in the series, though .)
Formula for Unsung War take a dozen borderline Tusns + a dozen more people that can piss them off = stir. Well slightly more complex then that, but still.

Quote:
Nicely written aerial battle, but Vita and Felix botched this capture in a most unlikely and funny way . Nice save on the boy, and even nicer remark by Felix. I love "red-headed little shrew" a lot!
Glad you like that I was very proud of myself for thinking it up. That insult will be appearing again to be sure.

Quote:
And the drive-through scene is funny like hell!
*Tk opts not to comment on how long it took him to write that and how many revisions he made...*

Quote:
Zubov is a tricky guy, all right. No wonder Felix got a bit miffed at his reappearance.
More like a sociopath, but yeah Felix is a tad miffed the guy wouldn't die like he was supposed too...

Quote:
I have to love the "interview" between Felix and the captive. Well done on the part! Pixy's mention of the good steak Felix cooks certainly is a nice addition to his already rich personality.
Thanks yeah I've been trying to flesh him out a little bit I've got a few other things planned.

Quote:
Mm, and the everpresent Vita x Felix vibes feel doubly awesome!
Thanks this is the first time I've even really attempted shipping so glad it seems to be working.
Quote:

This is such a surprise. I thought I was reading about a person, but instead it turned out to be a profile of the world . You need updates!
Yeah I do more so since Emil shows up allot in Chap 3 the profile wasn't gone, but it came up when a discussion of custom magical systems began so I posted it anyway.

Quote:
Anyway, Planine certainly is an interesting world. It's medieval and modern at the same time, combining elements of both the Eastern and Western worlds.
that wasn't really the idea it was basiclly supposed to be like "Europe a few years before WWI"... but yeah we'll go with what you said it sounds cooler.

Quote:
I like it that they use conventionals coupled with magic, especially when they launch bullets and arrows and magically amplify the speed for greater impact (reminds me of Lowe's Wizard Ring ), and it even allows them to circumvent TSAB's policies .

Very good thought in this.
It at started with wanting guns but not wanting to ignore canon and then I'm like "Hey they let Signum shot people with a giant metal arrow Vita pummel people with magical shot puts..." Idea!

Quote:
Ah, Kou's partner-in-crime . Quite the antagonist of Kou's more explosive temper, but that's what make them click, no doubt . Cracking jokes in the middle of combat is a plus point for his carefree personality .
He's basiclly been exported from another verse of mine were in he was an actual ninja though he wasn't very ninja like since he tended to fight in baggy casual clothes when he fought at all and preferred to spend time drinking and partying... He really was a pretty terrible ninja.

Quote:
I see that this style focuses on speed and stealth, as compared to the power of the Belkan style. And Shin makes the first character to ever use a kusarigama, I think. Very good!
Pretty much no cartridges and such, but the users are faster and have more tricks then the Average Belk. Kusarigamas are just sweet it's basiclly a sickle on the end of a frikkin metal chain I mean come on!

Quote:
Ah, so this is why Kou is such a snappish and temperamental person. Dysfunctional family almost always has that kind of effect. But, I guess, if he wasn't in that kind of situation, he wouldn't have become the person he is today. That, plus he wouldn't meet the Whispering Death instructor if he's a happy little kid.
Well he'd really have just assumed be rich and never have had to lift a finger... but what are you gonna do? This might be part of his annoyance with Shin in general who had a wealthy family and was set up for an easy life and just pissed it away to go off adventuring...

Quote:
The school of Whispering Death being targeted as evil and slaughter-on-sight surprised me, but understandable. Assassins tend to get bad ratings even if they did a good job.
Pretty much making your name by ambushing and shooting people in the back (often important influential people) rarely endears you to those in power... Also make no mistake back then those guys were Assassins the group as a whole had no ulterior and noble motive they were in it purely for profit; amoral killer plain and simple any good that might have come of there actions was purely coincidental.

Quote:
Kou's number of arrows is amusingly handwaivium (), but his spells are good and practical. One question though, what's the difference between Obstructing Fog and Concealing Haze? They sound and work similar effects to my understanding.
At least as I recall (being to lazy to go back and check) one of them manipulates an existing fog or moisture to subtly to hide the user the other just spawns an instant cloud bank with pure magic power.

Quote:
EXCELLENT WORK!

This delicious profile I can put to good use. The background is short and sweet (glad he's a purist ). And ranged specialist, roger on that account.

I must say his icy arsenal is going to prove very useful in the scenario I have. Expect a few Arctic Blasts and/or Breakers .
That's good since I made it up basiclly on the spot adapting his move set from a char in another universe of mine. Originally he was supposed to be a fairly blatant Nanoha rip (basiclly a beam spammer), but I like this allot better.

Quote:
North Wind had me laughing a bit, though .
That was the idea as I've said somethings I can't help but poke funny at some of the silliness inherent in allot of this stuff.

Quote:
"Subject to change" if you think up something wicked cool caught me off-guard there. Don't do anything drastic, or I'll hunt ye down!
That should be a disclaimer on most of my profiles really basiclly if I come upon a situation were a unlisted spell that nonetheless it makes sense the char could use is needed I'll whip it out. Like Felix popping off a DB style beam; that's not listed but given a mage of his rank and specialty him knowing such a spell is hardly unlikely. To some extent this is why I'm so lazy with spell lists it's hard to think of and list every little thing a char might have or need in some scenario I always have a a good general idea of what they can do and there core spells, but those can change a bit with the needs of the plot.

The main reason this works for me though is that I'm using canon magic in 95% of cases so I have a fair pool of stuff to draw on and most people will have a good idea what a char can do based on canon.

Quote:
Ah, the Red Baron finally makes an appearance, and ... ANTAGONIST?! Oh dear, seems like Felix and company will be having their hands full handling him.
Acutally he's to be Cipher's main enemy though he's not nearly as actively evil as a number of the others, but I won't say more then that as it would be spoilers.

Quote:
The history is rich and well-written, I certainly like the part where he retorts to his superior ("My dear Excellency, I have not gone to war to collect cheese and eggs ...") to get a reassignment, but his combat ability certainly shines during the battles he participated. His meeting with the
That's actually a quote from the real Red Baron. Acutally most of that history is basiclly a rip of Manfred's real history Nanoha'fied his life really reads like a Novel at some points...

Quote:
I'm surprised that being an antagonist, he's has a good sense of modicum and respect for his foes. Nice touch on him working with the lower classes despite being a higher-class.
Being on the other side dosen't automatically make you a douche bag most of the German soliders in WW2 for instance were on the "wrong" side, but that didn't make them all evil bastards. Again I won't go more in depth for fear of spoilers.

Quote:
The fated battle (if any) between him and the company is much anticipated.
He'll have a big old throw down at the end to be sure, but again no details for joo.

Quote:
Now, Izumi is a character that totally blew me away when I read her (and it's not her bust size, which is quite nonexistent in the character image ).
Yeah she's pretty flat, but it's okay makes her more aerodynamic on a motorcycle.

Quote:
She blew me away because she's so unexpected and at the same time computes.
Originally she was just going to be a port of another char I've used before, but she ended up sort of bland so I reworked her adding back in her driving skills and changing her device and magic style. (she's a ranged fire user in her original incarnation)

Quote:
It's not everyday when you see characters whose specialty lies in driving, and even has a Device that helps her in that! The spells, though, are . She must be the absolute last boss in Need for Speed or some racing game, quite unbeatable .
Acutally I doubt she's cool enough for that maybe like the mid way or 3/4th boss who you end up beating by causing her to wreck out when she dose something insanely dangerous... She has insane luck with driving stunts, but even it fails sometimes when she pushes the limits.

Quote:
I think the TSAB's public property compensation increases annually by many folds ...
Na still a drop in the bucket compared to Beamspam-Chan...

Quote:
Ah, so it seems that Nanoha has been relegated to office duty, guess she's still having the side-effects from the damage. On the up side, she seems to have gotten herself better skills in breaking awkward conversations .
Yeah, but she's coming up to the end of her imprisonment she gets to return with a vengeance (and much to dismay of the antagonists) in the finale I have planned.

Quote:
I had a good amount of laughter reading Makoto, Kou, and Shin's mental conversation on what they learnt about Felix and Pixy's "brighter" nature
Meeting with them is one thing they can often force themselves to appear somewhat normal for short periods, but working with them... You'll get to see the "Real" them in all their glory.

Quote:
. Very well done, there! Pixy has some honed housecleaning skills, there.
Fun Fact: Pixy worked part time as an exterminator after the war but he got fired when he seemed to be having a bit too much fun at it...

Quote:
And poor Kou, working the larger portion of the assignment meant for the team.
Don't feel sorry for him he's an ass.

Quote:
Practical Felix is practical, even considering to take tissues for DNA analysis . And great shot with the interrogation, sleek and sly .
Danka.

Quote:
And here comes Atuwe, one of the most hailed hacker of all! Then, the shafting begins ... and rather intense ones, too .
Ahh it's not THAT bad he gets to stay in the warm office after all and he completely dodges getting involved in the fight scenes to come.

Quote:
First by Felix, and then by Irene . I have to give Irene two thumbs-up on her effortless action to set Atuwe on the right direction. Guess she's meaner than Felix is.
Na she just needed him around and it was the quickest way to do. Now totally willing to exploit the fact she's an attractive female to get what she wants or needs oh lord yes! Don't feel too bad for Atuwe though he'll get something for all his trobule.

Quote:
You deliver another amusing chapter that's filled with dry hilarity and sarcasm, and the closing isn't lacking them .
Thread need(s)ed Moar Humoar! Like I said I just can't take allot of this stuff that seriously so you end up with a sarcastic somewhat humorous take on the verse from me. I rib it becasue I love it though.

Quote:
Felix seems to have inherited some of O'Neill's manipulative habits, seen in his ability to basically shove a reluctant Kou into line .
Na he's had such skills for years beside he didn't need to manipulate he had an even better option: He could ORDER him.

Quote:
I wonder who the "four" guys are ...
Well two of them show up at the end of the chapter...

Quote:
And does Atuwe always ramble to himself?
Could be a bit of me sneaking into it I often talk to myself while working on the computer or even after I stop using it to walk outside to the kitchen...

Quote:
Do write faster, or I'll have to clamp your rear to the computer ... permanently.
I've got some many crack ideas and stuff flying around... but I'm trying! Most of the pre-battle chapter 3 fluff is done, but that stills leaves the hard part.

Quote:
Mm, nice double profile bluecheesium !

Felix certainly lives up to his reputation depicted in your current fic, being sarcastic whenever he can (which seems to be almost always). A good smattering of sarcasm always livens up the atmosphere . His juvenile record was a little unexpected, but I guess everyone does have a mean streak in their life at one point or another. Glad he found his path after all those years. The spells are as practical as the person is.
I don't see how it would be that unexpected... but yeah basiclly the point is that bad as he is now he used to be worse and loath as he would ever be to admit it hanging around with more positive upright people is probably a major factor in that. All this also factors somewhat in his character development planned during the fic, but again no spoilers.

Quote:
Pixy gives me a little bit of a creep initially, what with annihilating his enemies single-handedly.
That was the goal though really Pixy 15 years ago wasn't so much creepy or a little odd as he is now as outright scary and maybe even borderline psychotic.

Quote:
Even more terrible is his early years where he's somewhat of a mean terrorist. Luckily, he manages to see things in perspective and leaves his past behind, which no doubt leads to the improvement in his mood and attitude . Some habits die hard (he's still spoiling for a fight, it seems, and now taking Vita with him!), in any case, but at least he's much better than he was previously . Nice quote, by the way.
Basically both of them have in my mind warped into examples of the classic Nanoha concept that you can get better and change if you want too. This is acutally a concept I very much endorse as I have some experience with it myself you can turn yourself around and make up for allot if you're willing to put forth the effort and maybe have a little help, and hell you might even be a better off then someone that never experienced all that nastiness.

Don't forget that stuff, and don't ignore it, but don't dwell on it either learn from it and move froward.

Quote:
]Pending spell list just spoils this wonderful profile .
That's cause I still need to figure out his spell list though frankly it's kind of small basiclly to paraphrase (rip off) another sword using Knight his style is basiclly "get close enough to hit the enemy then slash them to pieces" This describes most of his fights I have planned. His tactics and skill set it just not that complex basiclly his MO is to get close and start slashing. He dosen't even really use much active magic once he's in close mostly just boosting the strength. Given his power level and skill this works surprisingly well though it must be noted he's better one on one then verse groups as his AOE game is rather weak.

Quote:
*pops a bubble*

Uh, huh?

*looks around*

Er ... No, I didn't fall asleep, honestly I didn't! (Only napping, yep, it's napping!)

Rebecca-san wakes me up with her big *static*!

*runs*
*whacks PF with rolled up textbook*

This is why I didn't make Female OCs.

Quote:
Good going with the spiel, skimmed through and detected some things that I can use for Kratos/Leona .
Well glad someone might have gotten something out of it.

Quote:
Rebecca is as good for an ECM as she is in looks (*ahem*). Her spell arrays are definitely designed to jam and confuse Device functions and spells, and that makes her an excellent support . Let's see if Kratos can learn a trick or two from her ... even if his field involves little in this area (he's more into detection, surveillance, illusion-breaking, counterintelligence, and hacking), but hey, improvements are always welcome.
Yeah support is her MO though over the course of the fic Felix shall make a valiant effort to make her less of an easy mark...

Quote:
I think my reply to you is the longest in this backlog breaker.
It certainly seems long quoting all your replies...

Quote:
Anyway, this is why I say Izumi blows me away! Excellent driving coupled with excellent attitude, and she's a badass in her own right!
Anyone can be badass given the right circumstances to let there skills show through; at least that's my opinion.

Quote:
Firsthand experience with her driving skills is bound to upset the stomach and kill the appetite, not to mention the possibility of making motion sickness an infectious disease with her being the main causative agent!
Depends on set of people one set is too terrified to do anything never mind puke, but the other set though yeah they're just enough in control to loose it.

Quote:
Poor Rico, Alice, and Alan, and luckily Rico was quick enough to cut off her protest.
No one that knows her let's her drive unless it can't be avoided... Her personal car is basiclly the Nanoha version of the Yukari-mobile...

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-05-24 at 13:10.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 14:16   Link #256
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Quote:
Alternatively, make Megiddo and other sites their dimensional bridgeheads from other dimensions.

Necrons can affect Dimension integrity through use of Pylon arrays. In 40k, they are believed to be behind the Cadian Pylons in attempt to close off the Eye of Terror.

it's possible, therefore that using the Pylons in a different manner could then weaken dimensional integrity, and so allow a dimensional breakthough.

also, Monolith-to-Monolith portal Phasing doesn't seem to have any limit applied. There are fluff examples of Interstellar Monolith-to-monolith teleports going on. So it's possible that once a Monolith is in place, unlimited numbers of warriors, immortals, wraiths, lords etc (basically any sub-monolith sized Necron entity) could simply walk across the dimensional barrier. You'd still need actual dimensional portals formed by pylon arrays to bring anything bigger across, including ships if desired.

rough timeline for a cross-dimensional Necron Incursion along these kind of lines:

1:)Necrons or their C'Tan bosses become aware of other dimensions (possibly via natural phenomena, spotting a TSAB affiliated ship pulling a crossgate jump etc...)

2:) decide to pursue this. Begin construction of pylon array on a planet (the other dimensional analogue of Megiddo or wherever)

3:) large time skip, as creating a full scale pylon array takes a long time. This bothers the Necrons not at all, but is important.

4:) once the array is complete, the dimensional integrity is weakened enough to create an unstable rift. Necrons send through monoliths.

5:) After a lot of time and a lot of failures, Monoliths arrive. Humanoid level Necrons can now portal across without incident, but a full scale crossing is still unfeasible. Necrons consolidate their hold on the world and create relevent infrastructure for them to operate (eg, it becomes a partial tomb world)

6:) Necrons begin to construct pylon array on Megiddo side of the rift to fully anchor the rift and turn it into a full stable crossgate. Again, this takes a long time.

7:) with the pylon arrays on both sides, the rift is stabilized enough to begin mass movement of ships, monoliths and any other big stuff across the dimensional barrier. Necrons mass for incursion.

8:) Necrons overrun any nearby worlds by first sending ships with Inertialess drives to deploy small forces and monoliths. Once monoliths are in place, unlimited humanoid reinforcements from Megiddo (and, via the Crossgate, from their home dimension) become available.

9:) once all worthwhile nearby worlds in this dimension are overrun, rinse and repeat process for the next dimension.

That's the timeline for an uninterrupted Necron Dimensional advance.

Now, as for interruptions, I'd plan to have the STAB and co intervene between step 5 and 6, with the prevention of 6 being the primary objective, and the destruction of all monoliths the secondary. With this done, Necrons are trapped in their home dimension and limited to unstable, unreliable transfers via the rift, and even if they do manage to send something through the rift again, they then have to spend a long time rebuilding their pylon array before any sort of counter attack becomes even remotely viable. In the meantime, they can only manage to send scattered, displaced groups of Necrons through with the intent that they make their own way to the other Focal point on their own and try to stabilise it on that side.

This is not taking into acount any C'tan H4xx that may be involved.

Also, this assumes that the Pylon array on the Necron side is unassailable, since other wise you could gain even more time by crossgating to their side and destroying their Pylon Array on their own side. That would seal the rift until they could build another array.
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 14:57   Link #257
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

The sheer number of Kerokos is ...
And that's not even counting the various Keroko's from other universes. There's the loyal but competitive Keroko from Mai Otome, the 'Tsun alerts going haywire' Keroko from New Dominion Tank Police, the quick thinking Dues Keroko from Angelic Layer, the 'black winged' Flame Haze Keroko from Shakugan no Shana, the brawling sorceress Keroko from Slayers, the amnesia-suffering Mid-style using mage Keroko from Negima and so on and so on.

Quote:
The Rebuild of Uomo certainly features some nice (and quite flawless) integration of this combat cyborg into canon storyline. I thought she's a he, but I was proven wrong at the outset (it's the other way around). I like the trait about his deceptive capability, makes him a very efficient spy indeed .
Thank you.

Quote:
I was wondering about the part where he gets personal growth from Subaru and Ginga, and then him doing infiltration that goes against these two. Wouldn't he be suffering from ... say, some sort of guilt? Being a double-faced member of both TSAB and NOD can be difficult most of the time.
That will be part of his storyline, yes. In fact, its going to be a dual carying of guilt between both him and Cinque, as Cinque is aware of him being a spy, but keeps it under wraps in hopes of quietly converting him.

Quote:
His skills and spells are wonderful and certainly complement his role as spy and infiltrator and assassin . I personally think that if Kratos and/or Leona ever faces Uomo, an interesting battle of intelligence and counterintelligence is going to happen.
Now there's an image...

Quote:
Most questions will be answered in the next few chapters.

That is ... if my bluecheese juice supply didn't run out halfway through.
I'm sure you'll manage.

Quote:
Ah, yes, thanks for the seal!

I was kind of worried that it might have led to Tesla being shafted in some scenes and that's kind of bad of me to do so <_<. Frankly, I have no idea how a tactician is supposed to function in frontline, except executing some moves that complement their allies', thereby boosting their battle prowess and chance of victory.
Tactical advice, figuring out the tricks the enemy is using and countering them, seeing the enemies motives (It's a trap! moments, so to say) directing the grunts if nothing better is available and... well... scream at allies not to act like idiots, like Tk said.

Quote:
All in all, the thinking cap managed that, somewhat, though I'm still feeling bad that Tesla isn't getting enough screen-time. Signum seems to be dwarfing Tesla in her shadow. Sorry. >_<
Hey, you put her on the frontlines, had her fight a battle and contribute to the victory, I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I never really got into most those sorts of "mon'ish" shows myself now make me an anime about competitive gaming... Maybe make it about a nobodies rise to fame in the Korean Starcraft Circuit. Acutally I think that in general has the potential to be hilarious I mean shit they made an anime about competitive baking for god sake!
Angelic Layer is an anime about competitive gaming. And coincidentally, its about a nobodies rise to fame as well.

Quote:
Wrong Angels Kha... I'm not going to debate this one way or another though I've read most of the Manga and it still only barely makes sense to me. Then again that could be becasue I think while the author would never dare print contradictory or incorrect information about a motor vehicle he's basiclly making the universes magic up as he goes along...
Rather ironic, concidering that despite its Northern roots, the magic system in AMG is anchored in the Laws of Physics. Maybe you should check out this FAQ which answers a lot of questions, or at least serves as a collective database (the rest of the site deserves a browsing as well).

Quote:
Sure they do just gotta find the right dimension... Maybe have the TSAB send guys out looking for intel and come back with copies of Starcraft and Halo.

TSAB Grunt
: "No wait hear us out! Once we beat these games we'll totally be able to pwn these guys! Well once we invent power armor and siege tanks..."
And somehow gain the abillity to get injured without it affecting our performance in any way.

Can't wait to see the grunts after they had their first taste of Quake and Dota.

First Blood!

Quote:
I've got a summoner planned though no where near S-rank and not having any big ass summons mostly smaller stuff in larger numbers and maybe a familiar I'm still debating that though I have a neat one in mind so I'll probably do it...
Spoiler for grunts can summon big ass stuff too:

And that was a big ass summon done by a nameless grunt mage.

Which just so happens to resemble a ravager...

Must've been an Aspect mage. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Out of curiousity, what is your list of primarchs? (I vaguely remember that Noland was going to be the third )
None so far. The only two that are set in stone are the first Primarch, Alpharius, and the second Primarch, Alistina. Beyond that I'm still shuffling the list and their purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Seeing as Necrons are supposed to be billions of years old, it would not be an issue to have Megiddo a Tomb World. Though in doing so, you'll make the Necrons capable of attacking from anywhere. A question would be is how to awaken these said Necrons, however.
A lost Logia powersurge should do. And Necron are always capable of attacking anywhere. Phase Shift is a bitch. -_-

Quote:
You're right, although it doesn't have the same cross-section as the box the archeologist had been holding earlier. That one had nearly the same width and height. The later one is much flatter and larger.
Hmm? You only see the top of the box on page 17, so its impossible to say it has the same width and height. On page 14 you see more of the box, and its the same as we see later on on page 23.

Quote:
Even if the boxes had to have some common features to safeguard Relics, there's no reason for them to look exactly the same if they were made by different parties. Especially if some of those parties happened to be unlawful ones. Yet, they're identical down to the color of the material, shape and size. Like they were built from the same production line.
*shrug* if it works... you don't change the shape of a football if it works. Copy what works, lets not mess with the design of a case meant to contain a jewel capable of blowing up cities thankyouverymuch.

Quote:
Besides, how would they know what's the best design for a safe Relic Box?
Copy from the ones that know about it? The internet is you friend if you want to find out such things.

Quote:
Why isn't as important as the fact she knows she isn't looking at the box that could have contained number 11. That she was satisfied that the number wasn't the one she wanted means the numbers on the boxes really are the actual numbers of the Relics.
True. It still makes me wonder though, has there ever been a booklet page detailing this?

Quote:
Make the box scratchproof, and put it in a closed space. If it doesn't get crushed, it would look brand-new after you recover it and wipe the dust off.
Their creators' material technology was so good, they could make wear-proof boxes for their most important artifacts. Hardly a stretch, considering what else they've shown to be capable of. Besides, what makes you think it's just a plain box with a latch? Something like that would hardly be worth mentioning in the report on the Relics.
If I said it was 'just' a box with a latch, I wouldn't have said it to be a safe method of transportation for Relics, no? Also, the case Nanoha caries in chapter 2 is vastly different from the cases we see in the anime.

Quote:
We were never shown if there was a Relic case in that box, or a Relic without a case.
Concidering its the only Relic that went haywire while the others all stayed calm in the middle of a battlefield, its an easy conclusion to draw though.
Old 2008-05-24, 15:37   Link #258
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
And that's not even counting the various Keroko's from other universes. There's the loyal but competitive Keroko from Mai Otome, the 'Tsun alerts going haywire' Keroko from New Dominion Tank Police, the quick thinking Dues Keroko from Angelic Layer, the 'black winged' Flame Haze Keroko from Shakugan no Shana, the brawling sorceress Keroko from Slayers, the amnesia-suffering Mid-style using mage Keroko from Negima and so on and so on.
The ace variable fighter pilot and Rouge squadron leader Keroko...

*starts preparing escape plans*

Quote:
Tactical advice, figuring out the tricks the enemy is using and countering them, seeing the enemies motives (It's a trap! moments, so to say) directing the grunts if nothing better is available and... well... scream at allies not to act like idiots, like Tk said.
*TK has given up on Battlefield is now trying to play Company of Heroes*

"AT guns dammit AT guns! Airborne paradrop in some AT guns on his flank! What do you mean you got strafing run instead?! Strafing run isn't going to stop Stugs dumbass!!! I told you he was rushing for them five minutes ago ARRRGGGHHH!!!"

*Begins tearing out clumps of his hair*

Quote:

Angelic Layer is an anime about competitive gaming. And coincidentally, its about a nobodies rise to fame as well.
Yeah with tiny little killer dolls… not what I meant was thinking something more like this:

Less Pokemon more pac-man fever even so what I’ve read about the series dose make it seems kind of interesting, but it’s not at the top of my “too watch/read” list. Not least because frankly I’ve never been that fond of CLAMP.

Quote:
Rather ironic, concidering that despite its Northern roots, the magic system in AMG is anchored in the Laws of Physics. Maybe you should check out this FAQ which answers a lot of questions, or at least serves as a collective database (the rest of the site deserves a browsing as well).
Been there read that though reading it to me at least acutally just shows you that there’s like ten ways anything there could work… Sort of like Nanoha. Also it’s “based on physics” in the same way Inter-dimensional travel and Devices are basiclly: “String theory dose not work that way.”

I still like both stories though AMG is kinda... beardy in terms of power levels at times.

Quote:
And somehow gain the abillity to get injured without it affecting our performance in any way.
Well you know one thing at a time…

Quote:
Can't wait to see the grunts after they had their first taste of Quake and Dota.

First Blood!
*see's grunts bunny hopping and magical rocket jumping into combat*
Quote:

Spoiler for grunts can summon big ass stuff too:

And that was a big ass summon done by a nameless grunt mage.

Which just so happens to resemble a ravager...

Must've been an Aspect mage. :3
Oh I know it can be done I’m just saying it wasn’t my plan this summoner is less “Gaint Killer pet” and more “Zerg rush!” the current plan is a pack of arctic wolves and a Bear familiar. (Since she has White hair and is vaguely Russian...)

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 16:05   Link #259
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The ace variable fighter pilot and Rouge squadron leader Keroko...

*starts preparing escape plans*
Too late.

Spoiler:

You should know better then to mess with a mage who has a spell called Orbital Bombardement in her spell list.

Quote:
*TK has given up on Battlefield is now trying to play Company of Heroes*

"AT guns dammit AT guns! Airborne paradrop in some AT guns on his flank! What do you mean you got strafing run instead?! Strafing run isn't going to stop Stugs dumbass!!! I told you he was rushing for them five minutes ago ARRRGGGHHH!!!"

*Begins tearing out clumps of his hair*

"the more things change, the more they stay the same."

I'm usually the rear-support guy in RTS games. You guys keep them of my back, I'll make sure we all survive.

Quote:
Yeah with tiny little killer dolls… not what I meant was thinking something more like this:

Less Pokemon more pac-man fever even so what I’ve read about the series dose make it seems kind of interesting, but it’s not at the top of my “too watch/read” list. Not least because frankly I’ve never been that fond of CLAMP.
So instead of tiny little killer dolls we go to tiny little killer pixels. I think I'll go for the dolls.

Anyway, I'm dubious to CLAMP titles. I never liked pretty much any of their titles. Card Captor Sakura was more of a gateway anime to me then anything else, and the rest bore me after an episode or 5, but Angelic Layer hooked me from start to finish. The battles are displayed up-close, hard and fast, making the idea that they're fighting with dolls irrelevant because it looks awesome. The characters vary from good to cute to cool to amusing, but I don't really have a character I hate, unlike the other CLAMP titles. Personally I recomend watching the anime first, because although the manga is funny in its own way, the action comes for more to its rights in the anime, and the anime is no less funny.

Quote:
Been there read that though reading it to me at least acutally just shows you that there’s like ten ways anything there could work… Sort of like Nanoha. Also it’s “based on physics” in the same way Inter-dimensional travel and Devices are basiclly: “String theory dose not work that way.”
So it defies physics anyway?

Quote:
I still like both stories though AMG is kinda... beardy in terms of power levels at times.
That's true.

Quote:
*see's grunts bunny hopping and magical rocket jumping into combat*
*sees grunts staying just behind their comrades waiting to gain a level and get more skills and gold*

Quote:
Oh I know it can be done I’m just saying it wasn’t my plan this summoner is less “Gaint Killer pet” and more “Zerg rush!” the current plan is a pack of arctic wolves and a Bear familiar. (Since she has White hair and is vaguely Russian...)
Oh, I see. Looking forward to meeting her.
Old 2008-05-24, 16:14   Link #260
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4

DAIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !

This is the kind of thing that made me a 2D fighter fan forever.

PS: Parrying Starlight Breaker would be pretty badass.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content