AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-26, 04:45   Link #301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dai-shocku I take it?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:50   Link #302
Aaron008R

My eyes were swirling all day, if that's any indication.()

They call me Swirly-tan in IRC due to my tendency to @_@... ><

Nighty even called me @@ron once... @_@

XD

But I was more disappointed about no longer being able to access my older files with editing and quoting. About the rebirth, it's about time in my perspective as well.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:57   Link #303
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You can still copy and paste manually if you need them though, even repost them for fixes. I know thats going to happen with Syn's profile at least a couple of times more. Angelic Layer crack is leaking away, and I'm back to objectively deciding what and how to finish her profile. The first draft was purpousely vague, the second draft, her Alpha profile, screamed 'Cinque' in appearance (barring the eyepatch, I went along and gave her a coat as well ), and the unfinished third one is filled with Angelic Layer crack.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-26 at 05:25.
Old 2008-05-26, 06:03   Link #304
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
Zest uses a Full Drive in the anime. In the fight between him and Vita, which takes her out fully Unison'd with Rein and Giant Form Graf Eisen in one hit. Afterwards it caused him a great deal of damage, which Agito was shocked because it shortend his life more.

Quote from Episode
Zest:"I'll take her out in one hit with my Full Drive."
Agito:"You're kidding, right?! If you use the Full Drive, your body will...!"
Zest:"I won't go down. Not untill we finish what we must do."
Yep my memories not as good as it should be..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
In an effort to maximize the mission’s chance of success, every single member of the cell, including the 7-year old Kiritsugu, was assigned to the mission.
Don't really see why they would bring a 7 year old child with them. Was he of any use what so ever or just dead weight? Well I'm going to hope that there was a reason for him being there.
Quote:
It would take several years of heated investigation, but Kiritsugu would eventually learn that the Forerunner had received the order to stall its’ approach directly from Gil Graham. His motives for doing so remain unknown to this day.
I find it hard to believe that it would be so easy to find such information. I mean that's just asking for a mutiny in your ranks. Especailly a few years in after he's been trained how to use magic by the TSAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm back.
Welcome back. Could you keep the image spam to a minimum, one or two would have been enough dancing...
Quote:
And of course, progress report.

GenerationS is coming along. Chapter three might get quite longer than the past two chapters or might get split up into two with developments first and action later. 6,000 or so words in there right now.

So... Back to work for me. But I'll be back later on several instances. once again, Yoroshiku, minna!
Looking good there XD

Just a question for the thread.

Was there ever a branch created for the navy to support enforcers? I'm currently going through my OC list and ret-conning in light of a number of things:
1) Enforcers not really being what we thought they were
2) New power levels mean my OC's are on the haxx side of things once they're in a unit together..
3) Chapter 11 of the manga where a vet AA rank took on both loli Fate and Nanoha and came out on top so I'm adjusting accordingly

Pretty much what was a unit of enforcers is now going to be part of the 'support team' for enforcers so I was wondering if someone had already created something similar or if I'm in new territory.

Look forward to seeing some of this soonish.... Well drips and drabs until after the end of semester.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 06:16   Link #305
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Was there ever a branch created for the navy to support enforcers?
No as far as I remember(a year back). The closest form of it is probably the information providers(The Infinite Library and Investigators), but not much in the realm of direct battle support ie. the cavalry or the artillery.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 06:57   Link #306
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I approve of this!

Quote:
Spoiler for grunts can summon big ass stuff too:

And that was a big ass summon done by a nameless grunt mage.

Which just so happens to resemble a ravager...

Must've been an Aspect mage. :3
Yep :3
Remember this, and if I rememeber correctly, a single Shiden Issen was enough to bring it down

Quote:
Amuzingly, Macross also gave me a perfect scene of Keroko in combat:

Its short, but it works. Imagine the blue beams red and you have Keroko in combat. She's not a 'one-hit KO!' type like Nanoha, but more a 'try to dodge this!' beamspammer.

Quote:
Spoiler for Commemorative Pic:
[/FONT]
OC1 was fun and meaningful. And let's make the same apply here!
:3

~~~~

Well, I'll be seeing if I can post something in the next few days
Old 2008-05-26, 07:15   Link #307
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
No as far as I remember(a year back). The closest form of it is probably the information providers(The Infinite Library and Investigators), but not much in the realm of direct battle support ie. the cavalry or the artillery.
Well good to see my memory isn't failing me entirely. I didn't think that there had been but it's always good to make sure.

Well dibs on the idea then. Now to work on fleshing things out so that things make sense overall. That and a good name.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 07:23   Link #308
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Remember this, and if I rememeber correctly, a single Shiden Issen was enough to bring it down
Duh, it's only a AA-rank dragon against S-rank Signum after all.

Quote:
Yeah, that about sums up Tesla's reaction when she was in that position.

Quote:
Well, I'll be seeing if I can post something in the next few days
You better! I need to know what I can and cannot do with Koji and his specialties.
Old 2008-05-26, 07:34   Link #309
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
We'll see as I said a Kai/Keroko pairing is unlikely IMO. I take suggestions, but ultimately my crack is still my crack and I shall do as I please for the most part.
Darn... >.>

Well if you do change your mind...

Quote:
Hellscream EU.
Wish you'd roll on a US server for once.

Quote:
So let me get this straight... you already imported Keroko into the Macrossverse?
Lets just say that ever since I heard that Khrack... Keroko has hitch a ride on Kha's multidimensionalism, in no part due to the Quera's (the dark brothers of the Naaru as I've said before) fault in taking interest in her distinct "shadow".

Quote:
Right. I'll try to learn.

Still, its easier then playing a Pally, where people expect you to tank, heal, DPS and keep yourself alive, all from the start and no questions asked.
Agreed. I was like OMFG THIS IS EZ MODE!!!1!1! when I first gave it a shot.

But pallies when played right are the true kings of PVE. Like soloing 5 elites and walking away with lewt and no repair bills. :3

Quote:
And to think that one of the main complaints of hardcore MMO players is that WoW caters too much to the casual...
Yeah...

Quote:
How deliciously ironic that Kiritsugu's image serves as Aurion's apearance.
And I'd haet to have Kha have another shock... >.>

..or maybe he's gotten used it by now. After all, he knows that he's not unique... <.<

Quote:
I'm back.

Ehh. So this is what I get for staying away for one week. My still-to-be updated works becoming no longer accessible. Sigh... Reincoding time.=/ And I guess I'll be working on the backlog during Friday or Saturday.

Anyway... Hello, everyone. I guess you could say I'm back. Though I'm gonna be less active for a while since I'm at my thrid and presumably final year in college. (Trimestral System) I'll be putting some extra effort in this time to make my parents' investment's work well in my education after all.

So I see it's goodbye OC Eins.

*sob*

I was never able to give her a proper goodbye... T_T

In any case, I guess that's life. Plenty of work to come, but I don't mind.:3 To make up for my lesser activity. I'll try to make up the quantity with quality. And not just any type of quality. It's the quality known as:

OC-QUALITY!!!!

A new start and a new beginning...

Then might as well say it. once again, fellow Cadians inhabiting our lovely new Outer Cadia Zwei... Yoroshiku. I'll be looking forward to an entire world of creativity and enjoyment with you and the soon to be new members again. Let's make this thread another big success like her Onee-chan!

Dewa!

~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

After filling the 24,480 (or 12,240) pages of the Lost Logia called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion Thread, or more affectionately known as Outer Cadia...

The time for her, Outer Cadia Eins to take her well-deserved rest.

Now, with Outer Cadia Zwei with us, we will continue to carry on the future for her and everyones sake!

GO FORTH AND PROSPER, OUTER CADIA ZWEI AND OUTER CADIANS NEW AND OLD!!!

CHEERS!!!

FOR THE REBIRTH OF
OUTER CADIA!!!!!

GenerationS is coming along. Chapter three might get quite longer than the past two chapters or might get split up into two with developments first and action later. 6,000 or so words in there right now.

So... Back to work for me. But I'll be back later on several instances. once again, Yoroshiku, minna!
Welcome back, Spirly-tan.

And I hope KHAAAADIIIIIS computes for you as much as they did for us.

*rubs jaw still aching from FARUKON PAAANCH*

Quote:
Welcome back Aaron, I was wondering how you'd respond to the quick death and reincarnation of the OC-thread.
He's taking it very well.

After all, he came back with lots of Spirls. Sasuke Spirly-tan.
Old 2008-05-26, 08:23   Link #310
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
A note for any present Star Wars buffs: the Zetrandi Corporate Alliance is an Expy of the Corporate Sector, and has the same lack of respect for civil rights that CorSec does. Everyone who isn't familiar with CorSec, just think of it as American capitalism gone horribly horribly wrong.
uh, not to nitpick excessively, but I think you may be confusing CorSec (Correlian Security service) with the CSA (Corporate Sector Authority) here.

CorSec is an essentially basic police force that just happens to operate under the auspices of a dictatorship (It Is NOT the Diktat's Secret Police, either). It's generally considered a 'good guys in a bad spot' organisation ( they've actually bailed out Rogue Squadron a few times, and Corran Horn used to be CorSec before becoming a Rogue)

The Corporate Sector Authority, on the other hand...

These ARE the kind of guys you're referring to. Their job is to maintain the Status Quo in the Corporate Sector...by any means necessary...by legitimate prosecution, (though that's rare), by threats, bullying, extortion and blackmail as a more regular thing...by Murder, arson or mayhem if considered necessary or desirable, The CSA keeps things running the way the CSA wants it running...

put it this way...the goddamned GALACTIC EMPIRE doesn't (or Didn't) mess with the CSA...

I see the Zetrandi Corporate Alliance in much the same terms..they're a Cartel that is essentially inviolable, since while they may be morally questionable, they cannot be removed from the picture without :
a: massive investment in terms of force and rebuilding, and
B: cannot be removed without every system for many sectors around instantly suffering a massive collapse.

hence, the Bureau largely leaves them alone unless something of world-shattering proportions (like the Yami No Sho...) happens on their Doorstep.

For their own part, I'd say that they are Theoretically a Bureau Signatory, but really, they just pay lip service to the Bureau and within their own borders just carry on the way they want, safe in the knowledge that the Bureau can't do anything about them because they will take down every sector around them if they are interfered with...
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 08:40   Link #311
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
The 'rain of silver' I assume is an Arc bombardement, yes? The image that formed was nothing short of awesome. Though, why no mention of the pretty rainbow collors?
You can say it's similar to Arc, but not as powerful. I don't remember if the fleet back in StrikerS that destroyed the Cradle has a name to their magical cannons.

There is - "There was a multicolored flash of light, but it was of no consequence to us". Their attention is more focused on the Lost Logia than the petty battle below them, so it's not elaborated. And I take it you know who the Avenger is? =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
And once more PF deploys a bluecheese bomb...

I like the "told from thoughts" perspective you took here, it gives a sense of recollection. Our mysterious "Avenger" looks like he's had quite a past. Looking forward to more. *thumbs up*
Thank you. All Transition chapters work this way, giving you the perspective of the person from first-person perspective. And the past ... is simple but quite complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The source got buried somewhere in the old thread, so… who are you talking about? Allie? Sophia?
Serena.

Quote:
Sadly for the Nanoverse, Blizzard does not exist. Same as Valve and the people who made Halo. These gamers just don’t know what they are missing :3
But, Earth is just a dimensional leap away!

Quote:
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!"

~ Illidan, Last Words. :3
I definitely wasn't.

*still freezes at Northrend*

Quote:

THAT’S BRILLIANT!!!

*runs around cackling under influence of a Khrack explosion*
You wouldn't believe the effect it had on TempestDynasty, though.

Quote:
Well yeah I have an uncanny ability to take everyone’s and anything’s snippets and mould it to fit my world view… These things will feature heavily when I do my writing, but most of it will end up in the Autor’s Notes, Glossary, DVD Booklet sections.

Probably not the same source; for me, its because of Sunstriders are a family of famous elves in Warcraftverse…
We'll need those up and ready as outercanon later. Speaking of which, I probably need to do my own DVD booklets later.

Quote:
You've learned well, young Padawan. :3
Thank you, Master Jedi. =3

Quote:
Which is getting annoying. I want to stop the Khrack to save my OCs, but how the HECK am I supposed to do that without losing the will to write? It is because of me spouting nonsense half the time that I can find gemstones buried within! No ore, no refined theories! Such is my dilemma in this thread. -_-
Don't worry, Kha. Most of us have come to understand this, so you don't have to feel as frustrated as you were before. Incidentally, some of your "nonsense" are refinable to very interesting degrees, so I don't think it's going to be big problems.

Quote:
*fires PF with the Cyclonic Ion Blaster, the cheesiest name for a beam gatling gun*
It's cheesy, all right.

Quote:
The Spear that Slays Clerics? ><
Oh, yes, and anything else holy.

Quote:
I’m not alone in inserting random dream sequences dislocated from continuity for WTF effect!

My mind strains under the Fate/Hollow Ataraxia vibes here. As much as I can tell this might just be Mana we’re talking about, I could not get it out of my mind that...
You're not alone! And I don't think it's terribly difficult, anyway. Dream sequences are normal stuff.

I haven't played Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

... and you just leaked my big secret!

Nah, Myrwen Anduir Natalia Arashiel is not completed yet. =3

Quote:
..due to origins of this being in the Void and stuff, and of CLAMP Yaoi involving males with genderless beings...

...that we’re looking at another far more powerful Cleric clone…………………………

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ FOR EPIC JUSTICE!!!*
Genderless being? CLAMP Yaoi?

And the Cleric ... may have come from the Void indeed.

*FLEES*

Quote:
I acutally composed back stories for planets in my fics, but those are mostly for my own reference so I don't contradict myself...
Ah, yes, contradictions are bad stuff. I nearly contradicted myself before.

Quote:
As is the fate of many Anime males surrounded by females the higher reasoning centers of Alan's brain have a distressing tendecy to shut down in there presence... As I've said my fic is only semi-serious so it has such comedy elements.
I thought they'd be hyper-functional.

Quote:
Formula for Unsung War take a dozen borderline Tusns + a dozen more people that can piss them off = stir. Well slightly more complex then that, but still.
Somehow, the formula looks like it's going to stir something BIG and INTERESTING.

Quote:
Glad you like that I was very proud of myself for thinking it up. That insult will be appearing again to be sure.
Good, good. I might decide to steal them later.

Quote:
*Tk opts not to comment on how long it took him to write that and how many revisions he made...*
Revisions well made and delivered!

Quote:
that wasn't really the idea it was basiclly supposed to be like "Europe a few years before WWI"... but yeah we'll go with what you said it sounds cooler.
I'll take that as a compliment.

Quote:
Pretty much making your name by ambushing and shooting people in the back (often important influential people) rarely endears you to those in power... Also make no mistake back then those guys were Assassins the group as a whole had no ulterior and noble motive they were in it purely for profit; amoral killer plain and simple any good that might have come of there actions was purely coincidental.
Wouldn't those that hire them be more amoral than they are? <_< Hypocrites. They hire them to do their dirty jobs but label them in the same way to masses do.

Quote:
At least as I recall (being to lazy to go back and check) one of them manipulates an existing fog or moisture to subtly to hide the user the other just spawns an instant cloud bank with pure magic power.
Ah, understood.

Quote:
That's good since I made it up basiclly on the spot adapting his move set from a char in another universe of mine. Originally he was supposed to be a fairly blatant Nanoha rip (basiclly a beam spammer), but I like this allot better.

That should be a disclaimer on most of my profiles really basiclly if I come upon a situation were a unlisted spell that nonetheless it makes sense the char could use is needed I'll whip it out. Like Felix popping off a DB style beam; that's not listed but given a mage of his rank and specialty him knowing such a spell is hardly unlikely. To some extent this is why I'm so lazy with spell lists it's hard to think of and list every little thing a char might have or need in some scenario I always have a a good general idea of what they can do and there core spells, but those can change a bit with the needs of the plot.

The main reason this works for me though is that I'm using canon magic in 95% of cases so I have a fair pool of stuff to draw on and most people will have a good idea what a char can do based on canon.
Yep, good to go, and I'll just get ready for any major changes, in any case.

Quote:
Acutally he's to be Cipher's main enemy though he's not nearly as actively evil as a number of the others, but I won't say more then that as it would be spoilers.
We'd patiently wait, then.

Quote:
He'll have a big old throw down at the end to be sure, but again no details for joo.
... Bastard.

Quote:
Yeah she's pretty flat, but it's okay makes her more aerodynamic on a motorcycle.
What?! I never thought it's conceivable!

Quote:
Acutally I doubt she's cool enough for that maybe like the mid way or 3/4th boss who you end up beating by causing her to wreck out when she dose something insanely dangerous... She has insane luck with driving stunts, but even it fails sometimes when she pushes the limits.
Insane driver with insane luck sounds like a bad combination ... for the opponent.

Quote:
Yeah, but she's coming up to the end of her imprisonment she gets to return with a vengeance (and much to dismay of the antagonists) in the finale I have planned.
There will be no doubt in this.

Quote:
Meeting with them is one thing they can often force themselves to appear somewhat normal for short periods, but working with them... You'll get to see the "Real" them in all their glory.
Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Quote:
Fun Fact: Pixy worked part time as an exterminator after the war but he got fired when he seemed to be having a bit too much fun at it...
Ah, doing odd jobs certainly give you many advantages most won't find otherwise.

Quote:
Na she just needed him around and it was the quickest way to do. Now totally willing to exploit the fact she's an attractive female to get what she wants or needs oh lord yes! Don't feel too bad for Atuwe though he'll get something for all his trobule.
I do have a sneaky suspicion that the compensation won't be enough to cover for his works. Maybe Irene should ...

*flees*

Quote:
Could be a bit of me sneaking into it I often talk to myself while working on the computer or even after I stop using it to walk outside to the kitchen...
Interesting. Maybe I should go do a more thorough search to find out more things that relate ...

Quote:
I've got some many crack ideas and stuff flying around... but I'm trying! Most of the pre-battle chapter 3 fluff is done, but that stills leaves the hard part.
Battle scenes. Major headaches.

Quote:
That was the goal though really Pixy 15 years ago wasn't so much creepy or a little odd as he is now as outright scary and maybe even borderline psychotic.

Now, Pixy's scaring me even more ...

Quote:
*whacks PF with rolled up textbook*

This is why I didn't make Female OCs.
Ouch!

But, now you are making them, in good amounts too ...

Quote:
Yeah support is her MO though over the course of the fic Felix shall make a valiant effort to make her less of an easy mark...
White knight to the rescue?

Quote:
And that's not even counting the various Keroko's from other universes. There's the loyal but competitive Keroko from Mai Otome, the 'Tsun alerts going haywire' Keroko from New Dominion Tank Police, the quick thinking Dues Keroko from Angelic Layer, the 'black winged' Flame Haze Keroko from Shakugan no Shana, the brawling sorceress Keroko from Slayers, the amnesia-suffering Mid-style using mage Keroko from Negima and so on and so on.
OSHI-!

References, references ...

Quote:
That will be part of his storyline, yes. In fact, its going to be a dual carying of guilt between both him and Cinque, as Cinque is aware of him being a spy, but keeps it under wraps in hopes of quietly converting him.
Mm, pending good read expected.

Quote:
Tactical advice, figuring out the tricks the enemy is using and countering them, seeing the enemies motives (It's a trap! moments, so to say) directing the grunts if nothing better is available and... well... scream at allies not to act like idiots, like Tk said.

Hey, you put her on the frontlines, had her fight a battle and contribute to the victory, I'm not complaining.
Thanks!

Directing grunts ... hmm ... an idea is blossoming ...

Quote:
My eyes were swirling all day, if that's any indication.()
Well, nobody can do it as good as you do.

*flees*

Quote:
But I was more disappointed about no longer being able to access my older files with editing and quoting. About the rebirth, it's about time in my perspective as well.
Try asking help from Skyfall if you need anything important, she/he helped me just not long before.

=========

By the way, progress will be going slow for me, partly because PS2 just arrived and the massive amounts of games (around 13 RPGs) that I need to keep up with will eat away most of the time. On the other hand, they will probably serve as good inspirations (a number of them already formed up ), so I'll try to update whenever I can.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 09:02   Link #312
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Wish you'd roll on a US server for once.
That would mean paying for two accounts and abandoning my friends, both in-game and real life.

Quote:
Lets just say that ever since I heard that Khrack... Keroko has hitch a ride on Kha's multidimensionalism, in no part due to the Quera's (the dark brothers of the Naaru as I've said before) fault in taking interest in her distinct "shadow".
Keroko has been multidimensioning for years already though.

Quote:
Agreed. I was like OMFG THIS IS EZ MODE!!!1!1! when I first gave it a shot.

But pallies when played right are the true kings of PVE. Like soloing 5 elites and walking away with lewt and no repair bills. :3
I'm quite torn between my Belf hunter and hummie pally. The hunter levels sooo sweet in the open world, but in instances playing a Pally is much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
OSHI-!

References, references ...
There's more, and there are probably Keroko's out there that I can't recall (I just remembered the warhungering disobedient Keroko from Full Metal Panic, for one) but yes, lots of references.

Quote:
Directing grunts ... hmm ... an idea is blossoming ...
Old 2008-05-26, 09:19   Link #313
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
So the Yami no Sho was inactive? Also, form the way you're wording it is sounds as if the TSAB managed to aquire the Yami no Sho years before the Clyde incident. Or am I reading it wrong?
Not years, weeks.

I wasn’t sure of an exact date on the Clyde Incident, but as I was pretty sure that Chrono had memories of his dad, it would have to be ten years or less before Nanoha. I went with MC 055 as an arbitrary year.

Quote:
I though, am quite curious as to Graham's motives.
Nothing altruistic, I promise you that.

I've long held to the belief that Gil and his familiars had nothing altruistic planned for Hayate; if they did, it would have made much more sense for them to approach Hayate and inform her of the situation, and attempt to get her cooperation (which they would surely have gotten) in debugging the book. As the book's Meister, Hayate could have purged the defense program and activated the Wolkenritter prematurely. Yet Graham did nothing of the sort.

Yeah you can argue that it's a plot contrivance or that Gil wasn't supposed to make contact with others from Earth or he didn't think there was any hope of debugging the book, but I choose to interpret Gil as a villain who covered his tracks pretty damn well.

Quote:
Reasons being? The title of 'Ace' did not begin with the Nanoha cast, after all.
He’s the first ace of this generation, being several years older than the Aces and having been in the bureau for a while before they showed up.

Quote:
I would have liked Comar to give his mage killer another name than one taken straight from another franchise, and tweak it around to give its own identity. It's hard to tell the line between original creation or just plain port.

Kiri is supposed to be a port. His history may be quite different, but his personality and role of mentor to the main cast is very much the same as it was in F/SN. The big difference here is that he’s still alive while the main action is taking place... for a while, anyways.

If it's that much of a problem though, I can just switch his name and make him an Expy of Kiritsugu instead of a direct port.

Quote:
Was he of any use what so ever or just dead weight? Well I'm going to hope that there was a reason for him being there.
Oh he was very much of use. Remember, the resistance has essentially been one long training mission for Kiri, and I mention later in his bio that he was using firearms before he hit seven years of age. So while he wouldn’t have been the hero of the day, he was useful enough to justify taking him along.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that it would be so easy to find such information.
That’s why I said several years. Depending on how you interpret several, that could be anywhere from four to a dozen or more.

Quote:
put it this way...the goddamned GALACTIC EMPIRE doesn't (or Didn't) mess with the CSA...
They don’t need to. The Empire is the entire reason why the Corporate Sector got as big as it did, and Palpy has advisors present in most of the major companies telling them what to do. They’re only really independent in theory.

The Zetrandi Corporate Alliance is like a much much smaller version of the CSA, small enough that the TSAB doesn't need to walk on pins and needles around them. They're basically in a rather tense political standoff for most of their histories together because the Bureau doesn't like the Alliance's human rights policies (or lack thereof), but isn't powerful enough militarily to force the ZCA to bend to their will even if politics would allow them to use that as an excuse. This is why they support the local rebels rather than send their own boys in; the Alliance can only suspect that the Bureau supported the rebels because their only presence in the matter was an untraceable teleport at the end of the incident.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-05-26 at 09:46.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 09:56   Link #314
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Serena.
Oooh...

Setsuna's twin sister much?

Quote:
But, Earth is just a dimensional leap away!
I meant that these game companies do not exist on this "Earth"...

Quote:
I definitely wasn't.

*still freezes at Northrend*
Give about a year, and we should be able to start landing on Northrend to attempt any remote form of defrosting, if WotLK isn't vaporwared again.

Quote:
You wouldn't believe the effect it had on TempestDynasty, though.
You don't say...

Quote:
We'll need those up and ready as outercanon later. Speaking of which, I probably need to do my own DVD booklets later.
Yes do do so. :3

Quote:
Don't worry, Kha. Most of us have come to understand this, so you don't have to feel as frustrated as you were before. Incidentally, some of your "nonsense" are refinable to very interesting degrees, so I don't think it's going to be big problems.
Alrighty then.

Quote:
It's cheesy, all right.
Possibly the reason why I love it so much, despite its short range.

Quote:
Oh, yes, and anything else holy.
H4xx?

Quote:
You're not alone! And I don't think it's terribly difficult, anyway. Dream sequences are normal stuff.

I haven't played Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

... and you just leaked my big secret!

Nah, Myrwen Anduir Natalia Arashiel is not completed yet. =3
OH SHI--

*is burnt by A'lar's flames*

Ah okay...

Quote:
Genderless being? CLAMP Yaoi?

And the Cleric ... may have come from the Void indeed.

*FLEES*
Think Yukito and Touya. I don't know why, but somehow after reding that scene my CLAMP heritage came back and bit me hard.

...and I thought that was a known fact...? Daemons and Angels always originate from the same place.

Quote:
That would mean paying for two accounts and abandoning my friends, both in-game and real life.
Your WoWfu is not enough!

First, search for and copy a file called "realmlist.wtf" to a safe location, then use a text editor to open the one at the original location.

Second, change the contents to:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com

Don't forget to save.

Now boot up WoW, and welcome to the US servers. And you can switch back to EU servers by switching .WTF files. I can do the same to play on EU servers, but haven't done that before as I don't know what's in the WTFs there.

You might need to create an account on the US servers using ur CD key but now I'd like to experiment if I can get into an EU server. Mind telling me what you find in your "realmlist.wtf"?

Quote:
Keroko has been multidimensioning for years already though.
Even though most people exist in multiple dimensions, somehow Keroko have gained their interest, possibly because unlike most people she is one of the select few who are often involved in time-shaping events that the Naaru influence through their Cleric?

Quote:
I'm quite torn between my Belf hunter and hummie pally. The hunter levels sooo sweet in the open world, but in instances playing a Pally is much more fun.
They are both fun in their own ways really. I like both. Maybe Khalthuzad the unborn Death Knight might join their ranks.

Quote:
There's more, and there are probably Keroko's out there that I can't recall (I just remembered the warhungering disobedient Keroko from Full Metal Panic, for one) but yes, lots of references.
XD

How many Keroko's are gonna appear in my Angelic Layer fic, I wonder? Because I've cheekily written it from 3 perspectives, Angelic Layer, FMP AND Nanoha, that's 3 Keroko's heading into a time-space destroying collision!

Wait... Maybe that's why the Cleric exists there, to prevent this collision?

ARGH THE KHRAAACK!!!!!!
Old 2008-05-26, 10:55   Link #315
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by comartemis View Post
However, before Kiritsugu could get to know Clyde as a father-figure, the Book of Darkness destroyed the Beginner’s Luck, taking Clyde with it.
FIrst off, Cylde's ship was the Hestia. And it wasn't the Bureau's flagship. It was just the "number 2 transport" carrying the BoD at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comartemis View Post
I wasn’t sure of an exact date on the Clyde Incident, but as I was pretty sure that Chrono had memories of his dad, it would have to be ten years or less before Nanoha.
Actually, it was 11 years before A's. Because we know the very next master the Book chose, after it was blown up with the Hestia, was Hayate.

Quote:
He’s the first ace of this generation, being several years older than the Aces and having been in the bureau for a while before they showed up.
That's no reason for him to have such a moniker. As some said, no way he's the first Ace in the Bureau's history. Even if he is the first in his generation. He doesn't qualify for such a moniker. He'd also have to be recognized as an Ace before Nanoha and co. showed up, not just working for the Bureau at the time.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-05-26 at 11:54.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 11:10   Link #316
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Actually, it was 11 years before A's. Because we know the very next master the Book chose, after it was blown up with the [/i]Hestia[i], was Hayate.
And yet Chrono was at least a few years old when his father died. Also, I find it doubtfull the Yami no Sho decides a master upon birth of said master.
Old 2008-05-26, 11:54   Link #317
Jimmy C

Quote:
And yet Chrono was at least a few years old when his father died.
Chrono said that the last time the Bureau dealt with the BoD was 11 years ago in A's ep10. And that was definitely when it led to the Hestia's destruction, because he accuses Graham of searching for the BoD's next incarnation since then. If the Hestia's destruction had occurred a few years later (like say, the BoD was captured 11 years ago, but the Hestia's incident happened later) Chrono would have stated a smaller number. Because Graham would have no reason to look for the BoD's next incarnation until its current one was destroyed.

Quote:
Also, I find it doubtfull the Yami no Sho decides a master upon birth of said master.
It did have 2 years before Hayate's birth to look around. Hayate also said in A's ep6 that the BoD had been on her bookshelf for as long as she could remember. So she was really young when it showed up, whether it had been with her since birth or not.

Update. Signum says the BoD had been with Hayate since birth in A's ep 6.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-05-26 at 12:11.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 12:56   Link #318
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Nothing altruistic, I promise you that.

I've long held to the belief that Gil and his familiars had nothing altruistic planned for Hayate; if they did, it would have made much more sense for them to approach Hayate and inform her of the situation, and attempt to get her cooperation (which they would surely have gotten) in debugging the book. As the book's Meister, Hayate could have purged the defense program and activated the Wolkenritter prematurely. Yet Graham did nothing of the sort.

Yeah you can argue that it's a plot contrivance or that Gil wasn't supposed to make contact with others from Earth or he didn't think there was any hope of debugging the book, but I choose to interpret Gil as a villain who covered his tracks pretty damn well.
Actually, even if Gil did meet up with Hayate and tell her the situation, she wouldn't be able to do anything. In order for her to take full control of the Tome, she would need to activate the Master Management System (A's manga Chapter 3, pages 9 - 10), which required at least 400 pages filled. Without that, she's their master, but not their true one. Hayate forbade them to fill the pages, so the Wolkenritter was forced to work secretly. That earned them some bad reputation and Nanoha and Fate were forced to arrest them.

Gil probably didn't know of the system, which set him into his path to provide Hayate with a family and some happiness before sealing her off using Durandal. He did, however, make some contact with Hayate, where Hayate identified him as her "uncle". True, it wasn't anything altruistic, but nothing really out of place, either.

Debugging wasn't quite an available option in any case. Hayate couldn't just "purge" the defense program that easily. Even when she got her administration powers and Reinforce's help, the corrupted automatic defense program still manifested.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 13:08   Link #319
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

[QUOTE=Kha;1614288]Yeah when I saw the tag system I had to add "khrack" to it. =3

Oho, so that's your doing, is it?!
Quote:
That's who we are, that's how we will be.

(Keikakudoori... )

Spoiler for Kiting essay:

See, this is why I don't play "techy" classes. Gimme a big axe and a target any day. :3
Quote:
My pally is stuck at level 18, as I'm leveling a new pet from the Wailing caverns, so its from 17 to 70. Now at 62.
Heh, I hust ran WC last night with some guys I know on Crushridge. I, a Paladin, actually got asked to fill for DPS. DPS! *cheers*

Quote:
Don't step on your own for a start.
And TK correctly identifies the number one rule of trap-setting.
Quote:
Trusted Lieutenant: As you commanded the bugs planted in our navigation and and communications systems are being feild false coordinates and misinformation respectively.

Evil Overload TK: Honestly I almost find it insulting that these fools would think I have so little control over my own ship that I acutally failed to detect these devices and didn't simply let them remain at my own leisure. I trust the surveillance of the "undercover" agents responsible for planting all this nonsense is continuing as planned?

Trusted Lieutenant: Of course my lord.
[dry wit]Omniscience becomes you.[/dry wit]
Quote:
*TK inadvertently crushes the soda can in his head as a vein pops out of his forehead*
As someone that tends to prefer ranged combat TK HAAATES trips and slow spells.
I have no love for trip/trap magic either, but it's dead useful if you have it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
Zest uses a Full Drive in the anime. In the fight between him and Vita, which takes her out fully Unison'd with Rein and Giant Form Graf Eisen in one hit. Afterwards it caused him a great deal of damage, which Agito was shocked because it shortend his life more.

Quote from Episode
Zest:"I'll take her out in one hit with my Full Drive."
Agito:"You're kidding, right?! If you use the Full Drive, your body will...!"
Zest:"I won't go down. Not untill we finish what we must do."
Was his more like a blast or something? *remembers he never finished StrikerS*

Quote:
Right. I'll try to learn.

Still, its easier then playing a Pally, where people expect you to tank, heal, DPS and keep yourself alive, all from the start and no questions asked.
Depends on your spec...I'm Ret, and I make sure people I group with know it. "I'll aura, toss a blessing, maybe off-heal, but I'm still Arms with holy magic."

It does help to have another tank/healer to help you, though.
Quote:
Tesla: *while listening* And I find it rather insulting that you would think I would not expect this. Though the undercover agents were a nice warning, I'll have to thank him when we capture him.
Snarky-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan~!
Quote:
To be frank, as long as they're magical devices, the bureau doesn't care. Look at Teana, or Vice.
I'm still waiting for the magical chaingun.

Quote:
I'm back.

Ehh. So this is what I get for staying away for one week. My still-to-be updated works becoming no longer accessible. Sigh... Reincoding time.=/ And I guess I'll be working on the backlog during Friday or Saturday.

Anyway... Hello, everyone. I guess you could say I'm back. Though I'm gonna be less active for a while since I'm at my thrid and presumably final year in college. (Trimestral System) I'll be putting some extra effort in this time to make my parents' investment's work well in my education after all.

So I see it's goodbye OC Eins.

*sob*

I was never able to give her a proper goodbye... T_T

In any case, I guess that's life. Plenty of work to come, but I don't mind.:3 To make up for my lesser activity. I'll try to make up the quantity with quality. And not just any type of quality. It's the quality known as:

OC-QUALITY!!!!

A new start and a new beginning...

Then might as well say it. once again, fellow Cadians inhabiting our lovely new Outer Cadia Zwei... Yoroshiku. I'll be looking forward to an entire world of creativity and enjoyment with you and the soon to be new members again. Let's make this thread another big success like her Onee-chan!

Dewa!

~~~

~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

After filling the 24,480 (or 12,240) pages of the Lost Logia called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion Thread, or more affectionately known as Outer Cadia...

The time for her, Outer Cadia Eins to take her well-deserved rest.

Now, with Outer Cadia Zwei with us, we will continue to carry on the future for her and everyones sake!

GO FORTH AND PROSPER, OUTER CADIA ZWEI AND OUTER CADIANS NEW AND OLD!!!

CHEERS!!!

FOR THE REBIRTH OF
OUTER CADIA!!!!!

Okaeri, Aaron-san!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Yep my memories not as good as it should be..
I'd tell you my response to that, if I could remember it. :3
Quote:
Just a question for the thread.

Was there ever a branch created for the navy to support enforcers? I'm currently going through my OC list and ret-conning in light of a number of things:
1) Enforcers not really being what we thought they were
2) New power levels mean my OC's are on the haxx side of things once they're in a unit together..
3) Chapter 11 of the manga where a vet AA rank took on both loli Fate and Nanoha and came out on top so I'm adjusting accordingly

Pretty much what was a unit of enforcers is now going to be part of the 'support team' for enforcers so I was wondering if someone had already created something similar or if I'm in new territory.
Hmm, I was having issues with that myself, a while back. I think I decided on some kind of custom unit or something like that.

Quote:
That's our Signum-nee...enemy does a massive flashy summon, and she brings it down, cool as ever.

Uh-oh, have to cut short. *flees from [*static*]*
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:30   Link #320
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Actually, even if Gil did meet up with Hayate and tell her the situation, she wouldn't be able to do anything. In order for her to take full control of the Tome, she would need to activate the Master Management System (A's manga Chapter 3, pages 9 - 10), which required at least 400 pages filled. Without that, she's their master, but not their true one. Hayate forbade them to fill the pages, so the Wolkenritter was forced to work secretly. That earned them some bad reputation and Nanoha and Fate were forced to arrest them.
Okay, so premature activation is out of the question.

Quote:
Gil probably didn't know of the system, which set him into his path to provide Hayate with a family and some happiness before sealing her off using Durandal. He did, however, make some contact with Hayate, where Hayate identified him as her "uncle". True, it wasn't anything altruistic, but nothing really out of place, either.
This, however, I have trouble believing.

The Bureau has displayed extensive knowledge of the Tome's inner workings, most likely due to a combination of research and intelligence gained from previous awakenings. Chrono displays knowledge of the origins of the Wolkenritter, accurately describing the Guardian Knight system, and the TSAB actually knows more about the Tome's history than the Wolks themselves do. The latter could be learned either through first-hand experience or through a trip to the Infinity Library, but knowledge of the former would require an in-depth examination of the Tome's contents and systems, which would in all likelihood reveal the presence of Reinforce and the corrupted defense program.

Further, Gil and the Lieze twins display an even more thorough knowledge of the Tome's systems when they essentially mind-rape Hayate and send her plunging into despair. The twins seemed to know exactly what to do to force the Book's awakening, not only subjecting Hayate to psychological torture through the erasure of Vita right in front of her, but also taking the forms of the only two people who could possibly have talked her down from using the Book, thus ensuring that Reinforce's wrath would be focused on the only two people left who could possibly get through to Hayate in her transformed state.

With this in mind, from my perspective Gil has far too much information to not know that Hayate could be saved, yet not only does he not even try to save her, he and his familiars utilize brutal tactics to ensure that everything plays out exactly as he wants it to, right up until the point where Chrono unmasked the twins. Durandal was most likely a contingency plan in case things went awry, which they did.

Gil never had any intention of "sealing Hayate away"; he most likely wanted the Book's power for himself. The only questions are how would he get it once the Book was awake, and what did he ultimately intend to do with that power.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content